EQ2 Forum Archive @ EQ2Wire

Go Back   EQ2 Forum Archive @ EQ2Wire > EverQuest II > Terrors of Thalumbra Beta > General Beta Discussion
Members List Search Mark Forums Read

Notices

Old 10-29-2015, 06:47 PM   #91
Therein

You guys seemed to have really screwed the pooch this beta. Any ETA?
Old 10-29-2015, 06:53 PM   #92
Lazary

They say it is no DDOS, but I'm starting to think it is (
Old 10-29-2015, 08:34 PM   #93
Fieringel

I copied 5 toons 6 days ago, none have yet been copied to beta. the two new toons i made a few days ago i am unable to access, same message as above about the character and patcher
Old 10-29-2015, 08:44 PM   #94
Armageddoux

Have same problem with Netat Test Server. Works perfectly on my standard play server : no login issue there (chance !).
will retry later Frown
Armageddoux is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-30-2015, 12:05 AM   #95
Therein

AAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAND it's back again.
Old 10-30-2015, 12:17 AM   #96
Sintropy

I was able to get in no problem earlier and was on for a while, but I went linkdead and am now getting the issue where the client spends too long at the "Creating entities" while loading the character select. When the characters do load I am presented with the message that spawned this thread. Don't know if this was fixed completely earlier or not, but here is some feedback that the issue has crept back.
Old 10-30-2015, 12:21 AM   #97
Griffon Lady

I've been getting the "cannot find world" message for 3 days... None of my /beta copy toons are copying, a toon I made on the first day is all that is showing up on character select (but unable to find world, then exit message), and a character I made yesterday never appeared on character select. :
Anyone know why?

If it is a DDOS, it sucks that they aren't telling us, but the idiot bullies that DDOS do it for the attention, so if no one knows they do it, they might stop trying for lack of that attention they are so desperate for. (Although, I liked Smedley's approach of egging them on till they get the FBI after themselves. Such a shame the justice system is such a joke.)
Griffon Lady is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-30-2015, 12:29 AM   #98
Spunkel

I was fine until i had to zone back into the City. I got lost in "gathering zone bla bla" and now it's the same crap like the last night and nearly the whole day? o_O

Creating entities takes ages, then - for just 5 seconds - the server is shown as down and right after you get the message about char not found.

It starts getting annoying and it's not exactly what beta testing is about. *sigh*
Spunkel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-30-2015, 12:44 AM   #99
Balcerak

Yup I got on for a minute a while ago, then tried to zone and the game locked up and then poofed. I got the message about char not found and tried re-running with no luck. I also tried deleting the cache file for beta and now instead of showing a couple of my chars before giving the char not found message I get the "Welcome to EverQuest II" create a character window. It let me create a new char, then said it was loading the game and went back to the "Welcome to EverQuest II" window with no chars.
Old 10-30-2015, 01:29 AM   #100
Xianthia

hanging on Creating Entities...finally loads in, once I see four characters (locked) I know it's not going to work. This is on multiple accounts, all with same error.
Xianthia is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-30-2015, 01:40 AM   #101
Ansom

Same thing here.. Confused
Ansom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-30-2015, 01:47 AM   #102
Katzandra

One of my alts could not see Ethan in Mara (he was visible to my other alt) so I camped her to herself to see if it would fix the bug. Once again -- the server cannot find my character --- repeatedly. I figure it might be that there are just too many people on in the evenings.............
Katzandra is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-30-2015, 01:47 AM   #103
Tabri

Most of the people in my guild tried to get on beta just now to run heroics and we are all getting this message and cant get in.
Tabri is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-30-2015, 01:48 AM   #104
Keedahm

I get the same message as OP. Any reason why?
Keedahm is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-30-2015, 01:49 AM   #105
SpriteGal

I logged to the character screen about 15 minutes ago, and got the same message,
Old 10-30-2015, 01:52 AM   #106
Anaogi

Seeing the same since last night. Really getting sick of these issues.
Old 10-30-2015, 01:56 AM   #107
Leeroy

I had this issue, deleted and repatched some files: now no characters at select; when I make a character it won't finish loading but goes back to the create a character screen. Woot beta!
Old 10-30-2015, 01:57 AM   #108
Ansom

Seems a problem with the server build and the client build.
Ansom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-30-2015, 01:59 AM   #109
sycla

Not sure if the patch was to fix this issue...but the problem is still there.
sycla is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-30-2015, 01:59 AM   #110
Keedahm

Are you still investigating the issue or you gave up?
Old 10-30-2015, 02:15 AM   #111
Xianthia

@ Keedahm Probably not what you were going for... but I lol'd irl and dribbled drink down my blouse... thanks! Tongue
Xianthia is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-30-2015, 02:22 AM   #112
Tabri

Update it now states beta server down since we do not get update notes I will assume this is a patch or a fix for login. Maybe the heroic zones will now give achievements I hope I hope I hope BigGrin
Tabri is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-30-2015, 02:26 AM   #113
Rondo9

So do we have to /beta again if our toons have disappeared ?
Old 10-30-2015, 02:35 AM   #114
Keedahm

Definitely not what I was going for. I hope you blouse is not ruin... BigGrin
Old 10-30-2015, 02:50 AM   #115
Elinea

Still having trouble logging in, and half of the characters I previously had on the list are gone. Oddly, the veteran bonus for having maxed characters is greyed out and showing 0%, as though none of my max level characters are at max level.
Elinea is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-30-2015, 02:53 AM   #116
Tipperton

Well, this is a bit disappointing. This issue started yesterday with not being able to login to beta. Now we get to character select, some of us show characters, some only see last 3 logged onto, & some don't see any. I've scoured the forums looking for an update, but seems they are either busy or gone home for the day. Odd part, some people & Devs were posting in other forums regarding zones or signature lines like the game is up & working. So is it working for some people?

As it stands, I get to character select, see 3 of my toons, shows beta server down for about 3 minutes, then shows server up, click play & get told cannot find character, rerun patcher.....what a sick joke.

Anyone try any oddball solutions to get it to work? I've tried a few things, yet here I am Smile
Old 10-30-2015, 02:53 AM   #117
Anastaise

"The server could not find your character. Please exit and rerun the patcher." - Damn - couldn't log in last night cause of log-in server issues and now tonight I get this error. Frown
Anastaise is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-30-2015, 02:55 AM   #118
Madelinerose

Did that to me last night.
Old 10-30-2015, 03:03 AM   #119
Niami DenMother

The invisible characters or only a few visible characters, with the mention of the server being down doesn't necessarily mean the server is down, or that your characters are lost. They just ... can't be found due to whatever is causing a repeat of this issue. If you're already in-game and don't alt-hop (which, I, unfortunately did a couple hours ago and got locked out), you're fine.

Edit: And it isn't just beta with this issue, or even just EQ2 ... but all Daybreak games. Meaning mostly our EQ2 devs are just as stuck as the rest of us, waiting on someone else to fix it. :O
Niami DenMother is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-30-2015, 03:03 AM   #120
Tipperton

Any Dev's out there watching this forum?? Sure would be nice to get an update on this issue....