EQ2 Forum Archive @ EQ2Wire

Go Back   EQ2 Forum Archive @ EQ2Wire > EverQuest II > Altar of Malice Beta > General Beta Discussion (AoM Beta)
Members List Search Mark Forums Read

Notices

Old 11-10-2014, 05:05 AM   #1
Thand

The one disappointing thing for me is unlike the last 3 expansions there is no central hub or city for things like banker broker and tradeskills etc,
I just hope they will add stuff like a Reforger and a Collection and a broker guy to the area near the quest givers on island of refuges
Thand is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-10-2014, 05:41 AM   #2
Wurm

I'm sure they will, and add travel options as well. Flying to the islands was cool the first time, it got old by the 2nd.
Wurm is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-10-2014, 03:18 PM   #3
SgtPmpkn

Pretty much due to the size and distance, there looks to be 2 central hubs... one on Refuge, and one of Kithicor. The waterspouts in between islands are gonna be the travel support systems here, hopefully a port to Kith added in. Travel seems fine; but I'm biased and in the camp of liking to travel to places making the world feel less small, but that is a story for another thread.

I would expect people will congregate at either of the 2 above mentioned areas, and moving about for zones.
SgtPmpkn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-10-2014, 03:25 PM   #4
Xianthia

At the moment there are the baubles from Far Seas merchant (Mara, IoR, and Highhold). There is a clicky quest reward item that will put you at Wanderer's Dock and of course the water spouts. Maybe (hopefully) down the line, the druid ring will become available as well as possibly some wormholes.
Xianthia is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-10-2014, 03:50 PM   #5
Gaealiege

They've casualized instant travel so much in this game I honestly don't know why they don't let you just open the map and click on it to teleport to the location. People act like moving around in a video game is unrealistically taxing.
Gaealiege is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-10-2014, 04:39 PM   #6
Sisca

Actually you can...for a small nominal fee that is. There's a button on the map that will allow instant travel for less than 100 SC for those that just have to have it.

I've never had a need to actually use it though I could see that if you were running some chains of quests that had you going all over the place and both your Call to Home & Call to Guild Hall were on cooldown it might be worth it if you didn't feel like waiting the 15 minutes.
Sisca is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-10-2014, 04:59 PM   #7
Wurm

I played that game... back in 2004, no thanks I like it better the way it is now.
Wurm is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-11-2014, 08:34 AM   #8
Naneeje

Since there are baubles for refuge and highkeep, let's hope for that.
I would love to see the Highkeep front lawn area populated with everything,
(Just in time for the Public quest there Smile
Naneeje is offline   Reply With Quote