EQ2 Forum Archive @ EQ2Wire

Go Back   EQ2 Forum Archive @ EQ2Wire > EverQuest II > Altar of Malice Beta > Class Discussion (AoM Beta) > Tradeskills (AoM Beta)
Members List Search Mark Forums Read

Notices

Old 11-07-2014, 08:09 AM   #31
Paddyo

I don't imagine anyone cares if you have enough Far Seas Tokens BEFORE the next expansion to buy one. But the Far Seas Tokens payout on the questline alone (which takes roughly less than 2 hours, factoring in the harvesting that will be necessary that you can forego right now in beta) is about 150 for All Access members, so there's one blank rune within 2 hours of launch. Also, the daily is worth 10 and the weekly worth 30, so thats 100 a week per crafter, just from the AoM crafting dailies and weekly. I don't have a problem with these numbers, from a crafting standpoint, especially since I have 10 crafters ready to go and will be getting 1000 FST /week off the flip. But, that's not everyone, so might I make a suggestion:

The blank rune maybe oughtta be sold for EITHER the far seas tokens, OR Ferrin. The Ferrin amount could be higher if it's necessary to make these runes hardder to acquire, but it seems to me like the point in all of this is to stop letting crafters acquire the expansion's currency (Ferrin this time, Etyma last time) from crafting quests.

And do we even know what Ferrin will buy? My time in the Beta has been more limited than I would like, so forgive me if there is a Ferrin merchant in that shows all the goodies Ferrin will buy, but the assumption is that many of the same type things will be there as were last time, and if we haven't seen the Ferrin merchant then who is to say at launch that merchant wont sell blanke runes, too?
Paddyo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-09-2014, 03:36 PM   #32
Anastaise

So if the recipes being one charge on the researcher isn't correct, are the token purchased recipes being one charge also incorrect. It seems rather extreme for them to be so many tokens for a one use recipe. The blank runes are just insanely expensive since the far sees tokens are so much harder to get.
Anastaise is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-09-2014, 07:47 PM   #33
Caith

Developer

They are the same recipes, just different methods to obtain, changing one changes the other. So to answer your question, yes those being one use is also a bug. It's fixed for launch.
Caith is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-09-2014, 07:49 PM   #34
Laita

Can you tell us how many uses the recipe will be?
Laita is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-09-2014, 07:50 PM   #35
Caith

Developer

I can't count to infinity, so no! Tongue
Caith is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-09-2014, 07:51 PM   #36
Laita

is that just for the mastercrafted runes for armor pieces, or also unlimited crafts for the war runes?
Old 11-09-2014, 07:53 PM   #37
Laita

and thanks for lowering the ferin cost for these runes to bring them more inline with their value!!
Old 11-10-2014, 01:36 AM   #38
Kalika

Are blank runes reusable ? I mean not consumed when crafting a rune ?
Otherwise the system seems totally un-usable.
Kalika is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-10-2014, 05:20 AM   #39
Thand

so is salvage the only way to get the quintessences? if so it will be a pain having to choose between getting materials forr All other adorns by transmuting or getting a Small chance at q quin for a green rune. )
Thand is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-10-2014, 05:36 AM   #40
Misia

Can the final product please be Heirloom? I'm not looking forward to leveling adorning on several characters. Frown
Misia is offline   Reply With Quote