EQ2 Forum Archive @ EQ2Wire

Go Back   EQ2 Forum Archive @ EQ2Wire > EverQuest II > General EverQuest II Discussion > History and Lore
Members List Search Mark Forums Read

Notices

Old 08-13-2012, 01:52 AM   #31
Meirril

Loremaster

Halo of G4 wrote:

I'm surprised no one mentioned Dead Hills yet. Seeing how Kyle Bayle 'reigned' over New Qeynos it prior to its destruction. And seeing how Deadhills is literally south of the feerott. I dunno, sounds plausible especially with how important his role is with Qeynos is now.

Maybe we'll see something on the lines of Freeport during Sentinel's Fate. Antonia has been kidnapped, Qeynos is now being openly attacked by Kyle Bayle and his resurrected kingdom. Bloodsabers create a new temple of bert in the deadhills, Kane Bayle's essence is resurrected by his brother to help lead. So many possiblities.

The Dead Hills is certainly a possability, but this thead was focusing mainly on "The Reign of Fear" title that SoE put in a copyright for.

Honestly hoping the storyline for the next expansion doesn't sound like the "Qeynos version of the SF expansion". Kidnapping Lucan was bold, doing it again is repedative. Especially since Kyle shouldn't have any qualms about killing Antonia within hours of abducting her. Heck, even if he needed to wait an entire decade to do the ritual to get a new body it would be smarter for him to give up on that idea and execute his rival immediately.

Or possibly possess Antonia's body. Yeah, that wouldn't be creapy or wrong at all would it?

Meirril is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-14-2012, 04:36 AM   #32
KniteShayd

Loremaster

I'm guessing the next expac will have to do more with the end of the Age's End, and focus more on the New Combine and Far Seas travel to our new mysterious land.

KniteShayd is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-17-2012, 08:29 PM   #33
Mixxit
Server: Nagafen

Loremaster

'You're gonna see some new charaters that have been referenced in the past that have not been seen in either everquest game thus far'

Thoughts? I can think of rarely any characters mentioned in the Dead Hills except maybe the ones mentioned in 1001 tales and lore spoken of in EQOA

Possible list of NPCs

Haldinous of Rynthele

Alidon

Guardian of Nief/Mal’Ahkt

Servant of Vorin

Servant of Tal’thir

High Priest Vorin

Fallen ruler of Tal'Thex, Lord Valkanith

Alluvial, Order of Thunder @ Antonia Bayle

Maintainer of Lore of Norrath

Need lore? EQ Timeline

Mixxit is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-17-2012, 08:55 PM   #34
Katz

Loremaster

Cronyn wrote:

[email protected] wrote:

[email protected] wrote:

'Reign of Fear'.

Kerafyrm takes over, kills Lucan and Antonia, and puts Qho in charge. Qho rules with an iron fist, demanding all Norrathians pay homage to him through thousands of harvests. His reign of terror KNOWS NO END!!

I can't believe you figured out the whole story.  I thought we had the whole Kerafyrm/Qho alliance under wraps. 

That's great...thanks for making me laugh.  SMILEY

Katz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-21-2012, 05:44 AM   #35
Meirril

Loremaster

[email protected] Bayle wrote:

'You're gonna see some new charaters that have been referenced in the past that have not been seen in either everquest game thus far'

Thoughts? I can think of rarely any characters mentioned in the Dead Hills except maybe the ones mentioned in 1001 tales and lore spoken of in EQOA

Possible list of NPCs

Haldinous of Rynthele

Alidon

Servant of Vorin

Servant of Tal’thir

High Priest Vorin

If it isn't the Dead Hills and it *is* the combine empire we might see Emperor Katta himself.

That guy from the book series that made it into EQ2 lore. Attlan? Founder of Freeport. I know he's got fans around here. >.>

It would be funny to have the Draftling finally put in an appearance but that's way too out in left field.

And since it only mentions "those two Everquest games" possibly any NPC in EQ:OA.

Meirril is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-21-2012, 06:27 AM   #36
Mixxit
Server: Nagafen

Loremaster

Meirril wrote:

[email protected] Bayle wrote:

Possible list of NPCs

Haldinous of Rynthele

Alidon

Servant of Vorin

Servant of Tal’thir

High Priest Vorin

If it isn't the Dead Hills and it *is* the combine empire we might see Emperor Katta himself.

That guy from the book series that made it into EQ2 lore. Attlan? Founder of Freeport. I know he's got fans around here. >.>

It would be funny to have the Draftling finally put in an appearance but that's way too out in left field.

And since it only mentions "those two Everquest games" possibly any NPC in EQ:OA.

I would be happy with more combine lore just as much a dead hills I think SMILEY Aataltaal is definitely the guy from EQRPG lore that made it across into the Tartons Wheel quest (probably for RPG promo reasons but still!)

Alluvial, Order of Thunder @ Antonia Bayle

Maintainer of Lore of Norrath

Need lore? EQ Timeline

Mixxit is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-22-2012, 08:39 PM   #37
Zabjade

Loremaster

(Not likely as the next zone, BUT...) Maybe it's the Evil in me but I would rather see the Western Waste and have it a large mostly flat plane with a couple of canyons  and hot-springs-safe area.

The whole zone is foggy (except the hot springs area- but that is steamy and bubbly and full of Gigglegibbers selling swimsuits just be warned of Trolls in Bikinis and Dwarven males "saying" they are wearing Fur thongs.)

The Fog makes it hard to see enemies unless they are on nearly on top of you.

Running one the ground has a snare(Deep snow effect) and the Overall zone has a Damage(Blizzard wind effect)  the only way to escape the snare is to fly above the fog and blizzard  but there are wind elementals playing random-direction-bumper with anything that gets above the fog.

There are camps of Frozen adventurers (EQ1 and 2 style armor) some benign some with frozen zombies. Crafters can make a "Camp" of their own (Similar to the Lover's Gazebo but less flashy and more igloo style fur-tents and fire) that negate the blizzard damage and snow-snare AOE around the encampment.

Water (other than the hot springs) does Double to quadrupedal damage (hey that water is really cold!)

The biggest Danger being the zone itself, but there are Giants wandering, and the Rime Searching and the new Orc clan(Thera'Gor [sp])you help in Eastern Wastes are setting up a Fort in Western (With walls and buildings as a Fall-back point).

It is also the Proving grounds for Young Dragons (including an upgrade for Wyrmslayer which would be nice to be able to use against dragons for once!)

Why are adventurers there? Ancient Velium Rush! (ala Gold Rush) also to stop the Rime  and the Giants or pit them against each other.

To find the Scars of Veeshan and dump Vyrexx in there with the other young dragons? SMILEY

See what is left of the Othmir left behind (Crafters) or the sirens of the waste? (T10 Fishing as well?)

Sorry about this something that has been bopping around in my mind for a while.