EQ2 Forum Archive @ EQ2Wire

Go Back   EQ2 Forum Archive @ EQ2Wire > EverQuest II > General EverQuest II Discussion > General Gameplay Discussion
Members List Search Mark Forums Read

Notices

Old 12-10-2011, 04:11 AM   #1
kdmorse

Loremaster

Do we have a general Merc bugs thread yet? 

Mercs attack the undead jester at the bottom of the pit in Befallen: Cavern of the Afflicted as soon as you go down the hole.  Or maybe he attacks them, and they defend themselves.  Either way, you end up with your merc fighting something you yourself cannot fight.  (Not an enemy)

I can't see anyone elses mercs.  Noone else can see mine.   They're in the group list, but if I target them with the appropraite F key, my target clears.   It makes positional fights, difficult.....   Why won't that mob come over where it's supposed to?  Oh, it's targeting someone elses invisible merc... (No dot on the minimap either)

Healer mercs don't seem to want to heal you between fights.   End a fight at 30% health, and you've got no choice but to tap your foot while your health returns naturally.   Although if you so much as look like you're coming down with something, they'll try to cure you immediatly.

They also don't like to Res between fights.   Had a guy lying there on the ground dead, two healer mercs standing over him looking bored...

I'm starting to suspect the templar merc (Bdorn Alehammer) doesn't heal at all...  The Inq merc (Stamper Jeralf) has been seen to heal, sometimes... (Edit: He heals!  But not only is he invisible, his heals don't show up in my chat log at all.  And the heals of my merc, don't show up on anyone elses chat log...) <- to clarify, his /group text shows up.   But not the actual actions.  I see "Stampre .... heals YOU for".  but no Bdorn ... heals YOU for.  But in the other players window, it's reversed.

Every time you zone, their pet(merc) options are reset to default.  Maybe this is normal, I don't know, never played a pet class.  But it's annoying having to put the DPS mercs on Protect Me, and clearing Protect Yourself off the healer merc on every zone.

kdmorse is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-10-2011, 04:20 AM   #2
Korus
Server: Crushbone
Guild: Bane

Loremaster

My Paladin merc doesn't heal himself during combat or after.

Korus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-10-2011, 04:22 AM   #3
Tigress

Loremaster

i can hear it in raid now...

HEALERS... you are not curing fast enough.  i swear that if you don't cure better, i WILL replace you with a merc!!

i have not been in group with a merc yet; however, i saw someone running around with a merc.  could you see your groupmates merc when not in combat OR not inside an instance?

Tigress is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-10-2011, 04:27 AM   #4
kdmorse

Loremaster

[email protected] wrote:

I'm starting to suspect the templar merc (Bdorn Alehammer) doesn't heal at all...

The Inq merc (Stamper Jeralf) has been seen to heal, sometimes...  

They also don't like to res between fights either.....

Old 12-10-2011, 04:31 AM   #5
Mohee

Lord

*sigh* saw a beastlord afk exp'ing with a merc today. he had an exquisite chest on him that he never looted so i did when timer ran out, and it had a 65 beastlord master in it SMILEY /reported and petitioned him too, Muahahaha!

EQ'ing since 1999
Mohee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-10-2011, 04:34 AM   #6
kdmorse

Loremaster

Mohee wrote:

*sigh* saw a beastlord afk exp'ing with a merc today. he had an exquisite chest on him that he never looted so i did when timer ran out, and it had a 65 beastlord master in it /reported and petitioned him too, Muahahaha!

I have picked up no less than 15 Exquisite chests just laying arround in Runnyeye (RE1)  in the past few days.  People are indeed PL blowing through and not even bothering to pick up their own exquisite loot, even when not AFKing...

Old 12-10-2011, 04:45 AM   #7
Mohee

Lord

I just hate seeing anyone AFK exp in any game. I always report them when I see it, its pretty blatently obvious when you see it. But now with the introduction of mercs, a sad side effect is now pretty much any class can do this. I'm a conjuror myself, and have never done this. Just seems like a really cheap exploit. It's not that hard to level in EQ2 =

They need to make it so if the only the player does 0 damage during a fight, they should reward 0 exp.

or something of that nature. I swear it used to be this way in the past? Or am I thinking of EQ1 or EQOA?

EQ'ing since 1999
Mohee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-10-2011, 05:09 AM   #8
Axelia

Loremaster

I was running with my BL today and finally figured how to make Stamper heal. I set assist to none and protect me off on his bar but active on the drop down. He was just running behind and ever time I got hit would throw in a heal even when I took damage out of combat. He also used cure everytime I needed it. If you intend to have a healer merc it appears they can't fight and heal.

Axelia is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-10-2011, 05:16 AM   #9
kdmorse

Loremaster

Yah, fighting seems to bugger up the healer mercs but good.  I've also found setting /merc ranged helps, so if they do decide to fight, they don't spend all their time running up to the mobs.

Old 12-10-2011, 06:13 AM   #10
Brigh

Loremaster

During beta I used a level 77 temp in SF. I was going against level 84-85^ wurms and even tried and won vs 86^ named kobold in SBH. The temp was doing huge 2h spikes 2-3k and getting aggro from my paladin. He healed 6k etc during the named fight. I haven't tried them much yet in live though.

-Stephen Colbert

CoD3 double XP Rank Up promotion lesson for kids
Brigh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-10-2011, 09:54 AM   #11
totti72

Loremaster

The healer merc can not cure curse, all others cures works fine.

totti72 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-10-2011, 09:56 AM   #12
Guiddian

Loremaster

templar merc wont heal pets unless the pet owner gets hit, wont cure pets either.

Guiddian is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-10-2011, 10:07 AM   #13
Brigh

Loremaster

[email protected] wrote:

templar merc wont heal pets unless the pet owner gets hit, wont cure pets either.

Personally I have never expected a healer to cure my pet as that should be the job of the summoner themselves, including heals. If the healer is targeting through the mob then the pet gets a heal sometimes from the player.

-Stephen Colbert

Old 12-10-2011, 10:28 AM   #14
Guiddian

Loremaster

when duoing with a player healer the player healer heals my pet tank while i dps, when playing with a merc healer i heal my pet while the merc healer dps. 

next merc will be a wiz so i can play pet healer i guess

btw does merc upkeep fees continue if you suspend your merc

Guiddian is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-10-2011, 10:47 AM   #15
Korus
Server: Crushbone
Guild: Bane

Loremaster

[email protected] wrote:

btw does merc upkeep fees continue if you suspend your merc

No

Korus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-10-2011, 05:46 PM   #16
Mystfit

Loremaster

Ok, I was hopnig to find a centrailized place for merc discussions. I see dungeon builder got a forum, but didn't notice one for merc?

WIll psot her unless someone has some suggestions:

1. warlock merc even if told to be ranged runs right up to mob....he ws on *follow* my toon mode (as I was also staying back) but he didn't do anything. He positioned himself such that he was out of my range for heals. Squishy + out of range of the healer he was SUPPOSED to be following=dead...!!

I can't quite figure out the mechanics of assist vs follow vs the protect on the pull down menus vs the protect yourself/me on the button pet menu. Need both, none, some?

Old 12-11-2011, 05:38 AM   #17
Brigh

Loremaster

Don't have your merc set to protect you.

I have been killed twice because mine has decided to go fight some orcs somewhere else in WC when I was no where near them for them to aggro me in the first place.

-Stephen Colbert

Old 12-11-2011, 11:51 AM   #18
Izeil

Lord

The Paladin merc doesn't heal himself ever, despite having LoH and Holy aid.

The Inquisitor merc doesn't heal very often, has rather poor use of Verdict, and other people can't seem to target it.

None of the mercs I've used seem to be able to back off, nor do they get healed by passive group heals like the heal from judgements on my 70 Inq.

Also, their defensive stats seem to be bugged. This past Wednesday, my guild did a Tofs X2 and brought 3 mercs in because we didn't have enough on. Their stats page says they have 150% crit mit and yet 1 aoe stomped them. It wasn't some super aoe either, just a set of 3 ae autos from the books from 1 of the trash mobs in the library. We had a basically fresh 90 Inq in the group with less than 110% crit mit and it didn't even bring her to half and yet all 3 mercs get instagibbed when they have close to 40k hp and 150% cm? Their resists also seem to be off because I remember 1 of the resists read the same as mine and yet the % it said was only in the low 40's instead of 75%. I'm fine if they're meant to be squishy but according to their stats, they shouldn't be.

On a positive note, the DPS mercs seem to do their job exceptionally well. I have a brig merc on my dirge and went to a dummy and I was parsing 42k and he was parsing 33k so he's definately worth a spot if someone really really sucks or you can't find 1 other.

Indoctrination 92/320 Inquisitor

Vorinclex 92/320 Mystic

All 90 Crafters PoP and Prayer Shawl capable
Izeil is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-11-2011, 12:08 PM   #19
Sklarn

Loremaster

I missed this discussion earlier and posted a new similar topic. sorry about that. Anyway, I noticed the same thing with the healer mercs. They always invisible to group members except the owner. It seems to only heal at the end of a fight when the tank (not the owner) just has a sliver of life left. Maybe it's a good/evil thing. Pally tank and Inqy healer. I'll try a different setup and see what happens.

Sklarn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-01-2012, 03:21 PM   #20
ZullieZevize

Loremaster

[email protected] wrote:

This is one of my biggest complaints about the pally... Hes near death, out of combat, full power... and I have to wait for him to regen health, because im not a healer.

ZullieZevize is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-02-2012, 03:33 AM   #21
Odys
Server: Storms
Guild: Eternitalis

Loremaster

For a pet healer the passive order is better, otherwise he jump on mobs using aoe.

Stomper heals ok, but he loves to wait since he is mana savy.

It seems to me that he can cast while moving, after a fall i got healed while running and it was not a reactive.

He probably cure faster than any healer since he has not newtork latency, indeed he almost always cure before it eve lan on me.

A friend of me reported me being unable to see my mercenary, he was not in hte group window and he was not even seeing him naer me. Strangely i was seing his mercenary.

Old 01-02-2012, 05:19 AM   #22
Mirrian

Loremaster

Not that it is needed but I will add my 2 cents on the Paly merc, they absolutly don't heal themselves or anybody else for that matter, mine just gets beat down and killed, never heals, uses LoH or anything...just dies! Fired him and hired the Cleric merc, seems to work a lot better but obviously kills are a lot slower now.

Mirrian is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-02-2012, 06:33 AM   #23
Odys
Server: Storms
Guild: Eternitalis

Loremaster

Mirrian wrote:

Not that it is needed but I will add my 2 cents on the Paly merc, they absolutly don't heal themselves or anybody else for that matter, mine just gets beat down and killed, never heals, uses LoH or anything...just dies! Fired him and hired the Cleric merc, seems to work a lot better but obviously kills are a lot slower now.

Well they only have the abilities listed in the interface, so as example stomper do have a group cure, a single target cure, group reactive, single target reactive, probably a st slow heal, verdict (once he is 60+), and a groupwide tenacity. If they failed to give at least his ward to the paladin it's very annoying.

He is really fantastic at low level. That's why i claimed that healer will have a much harder time leveling.

My Beastlord ad Stompy  killed Zek emperor at 42 without much issues, no wipe, no death (except my pet once).

And yeah i failed to solo pull the last two bloodguards (i pulled with the pet, but may be he has an aoe taunt), and in Valoris room i pulled the prince and the last bloodguard together. We also got a repop in the back during emperor fight.

Stompy is an oldschool healer, he saves mana as we did in the old days. He often cast the reactive before pulls. I wonder what cause him to stop prehealing, sometimes he don't do it.

Old 01-02-2012, 07:36 AM   #24
ranga

Loremaster

totti72 wrote:

The healer merc can not cure curse, all others cures works fine.

You wouldn't want it too either....

We do not think about a transfer of US server chars from EU costumers in Eq2. That should solve the biggest worries the EQ2 community has at the moment. We do not want to interfere with long build ingame relationships. This is the current way we think about it.

ranga is offline   Reply With Quote