EQ2 Forum Archive @ EQ2Wire

Go Back   EQ2 Forum Archive @ EQ2Wire > EverQuest II > General EverQuest II Discussion > Items and Equipment
Members List Search Mark Forums Read

Notices

Old 09-01-2011, 03:13 PM   #1
Onorem

Loremaster

I'm wondering if the upgrades to Boots of Rigorous Striking purchasable from Sehesh in Paineel were implemented as planned.

Despite the Devious Darkfeather Sabatons having a bard specific buff, I had previously taken the Blackened Darkfeather Boots last expansion as a dirge because I preferred the MA and crit bonus.

They now have the same agi and sta, same dps, same crit bonus and potency.

Boots now have +7 weapon skills, 2.6 ability casting speed, and 1.5% more crit mit.

Sabatons have 7 MA, 1.2 ability reuse, and a buff that increases groupwide spell and CA reuse another 3%. (poison buff doesn't matter to me)

Maybe I'm missing something, but I'd really like the other pair of boots now.  I think I read somewhere that casting speed counts 2 for 1 compared to reuse, but when most of the reuse is groupwide, that starts to matter. These boots are no longer equal in my opinion. There used to be a choice to make. I don't really see the choice now. (Previous comments made from a non-Hardcore raider. (obviously if I'm worried about Paineel upgrades...))