EQ2 Forum Archive @ EQ2Wire

Go Back   EQ2 Forum Archive @ EQ2Wire > EverQuest II > The Development Corner > In Testing Feedback
Members List Search Mark Forums Read

Notices

Old 08-02-2011, 05:53 PM   #1
Onorem

Loremaster

Then: +42 str, -20 agi, -resists, -5 piercing, 3 MA (huge at the time), 60 ability mod (basically worthless now)

Now: +51 str, +48 sta, 1.6 AoE auto, 2.8 MA, 8 crit, 2.7 bon/pot...(Is this seriously in line with lvl 79 items? Wow. What does SF gear look like?)

This used to be an item that tanks, scouts, melee healers, and maybe even an odd caster might want...but you had to make a choice on its benefits vs. its downfalls.

Now, it's likely going to be just a tank item.  I suppose it was a tank item as soon as the level wide changes went in that removed all but 2 stats for each class. Plus str was a plus. Minus agi didn't matter...but this is a perfect example of how I see the 1-80 revamp failing. We used to have choices. You screwed us on choices. Revamping to reinforce how you screwed us isn't an improvement.  I guess I should be happy that you didn't actually put a class restriction on the item...

Unlucky horseshoe: +45 str, agi, wis, int, sta, 1.6 AoE auto, 2.8 MA, 8 crit, 2.7 bon/pot...give us the options to play how we want. Stop taking options away from us.

Old 08-03-2011, 03:44 AM   #2
Chefren

Loremaster

Where did the trade-off go? The character of the item is completely changed, its no longer unlucky.

Old 08-03-2011, 01:00 PM   #3
Neskonlith

Loremaster

[email protected] wrote:

Where did the trade-off go? The character of the item is completely changed, its no longer unlucky.

it's now lucky for tanks, and unlucky for everyone else who used to be able to use it!  =P

"...Gibbets, son. Nothing else in the world smells like that. I love the smell of carrion in the morning. You know, one time we had Freeport TG defended, pvp for 12 hours. When it was all over, I walked to their revive spot. We didn't find one of 'em, not one stinkin' QQ body. The smell, you know that putrescent smell, the whole writ house. Smelled like… victory..."

- Apocalypse Gnome
Neskonlith is offline   Reply With Quote