EQ2 Forum Archive @ EQ2Wire

 

Go Back   EQ2 Forum Archive @ EQ2Wire > EverQuest II > General EverQuest II Discussion > Zones and Population
Members List Search Mark Forums Read

Notices

Reply
 
Thread Tools
Old 04-03-2011, 02:39 AM   #91
Odys
Server: Storms
Guild: Eternitalis
Rank: Cavalier

Loremaster
Odys's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2007
Posts: 2,422
Default

Well we just started to go there and often someone will miss the TP and getting people synchronized is a mess. So i m not fully aware of the 6 shard missions SMILEY.

I agree that the difficulty is about fine, i can solo heal the trash without much problems with a tank wearing PG gear with may adorn. But finding people to ge there is almost impossible, if broadcast a message to complete an ascend i get 10 replies, for Kael instance i may get 1, for open kael i usually get zero. Kael armor set remains totally unattractive.

You say that a disco is not meaningfull but we got 5 chests  and 5 discoveries.

__________________
Odys is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-04-2011, 06:37 AM   #92
Calain80

Loremaster
Calain80's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2004
Posts: 1,309
Default

We had the same problem with Skarl, but we could still kill him 2nd pull. The only thing we did was to spread out the chars so that only one player was affected by the pillar. As we had two healers that was enough to kill the mob. Some other nameds are definitely harder to beat. But as mentioned many times before, the difficulty of the zone isn't the problem. It is the really bad return of investment that keeps people away from the zone as all you can get in there is plat and shards. The fabled trash drops I know of are great, but they are so rare, that you won't go there to farm them and the named drops are just not good enough to encourage people killing them, esp. as the nameds also seam to only have a small chance to drop a fabled items and the legendary drops are just not worth it (even compared to instance loot (and sometimes even to PQ loot)). I guess part of the problem is that the easiest quest already award you with legendary gear. You have a gear system with 6 qualities but you only use two this expansion. No wonder there are so many problems with the balance and the spread of the items.

Calain80 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-04-2011, 02:21 PM   #93
Kilnger

Loremaster
 
Join Date: Aug 2005
Posts: 111
Default

[email protected] wrote:

Well we just started to go there and often someone will miss the TP and getting people synchronized is a mess. So i m not fully aware of the 6 shard missions .

I agree that the difficulty is about fine, i can solo heal the trash without much problems with a tank wearing PG gear with may adorn. But finding people to ge there is almost impossible, if broadcast a message to complete an ascend i get 10 replies, for Kael instance i may get 1, for open kael i usually get zero. Kael armor set remains totally unattractive.

You say that a disco is not meaningfull but we got 5 chests  and 5 discoveries.

You don't really need porters to do the shard quest, you start at the zone in, slaughter your way to Old Kael, pick up the shard quest, kill around back to the entrance (should be the full amount), kill to the Keep, take the quest, kill your way out, head to old Kael via the arena, kill your way back (this statue's the furthest one, next to the porter), New Kael, to Thtrone, done.

It's pretty fun and quick, all things considered.

__________________
Archon Minaka Nisumari Inquisitor/Carpenter

Maestra Kilandara Zomerana Troubadour
The Maestro of Darkshine Initiative
A lack of a fancy signature makes one strong with the force.
Kilnger is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-04-2011, 07:59 PM   #94
Detor

Loremaster
Detor's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2008
Posts: 1,198
Default

Ran into a weird bug with Interex on the last few runs.  Got near him, and he would despawn.  NOT aggroing him either, it's not that he's leashing, I literally saw him blink into existence at one spawn point, then vanish, we fought to one of his other known spots and he was far off in the distance (no chance we aggroed him accidentally) but still visible, then he vanished from there too.  Very very strange.  

Edit: We did eventually get him btw, he just kept changing spawn points even though he wasn't aggroed.  Eventually he would stop, it seemed like he did it for about 5-10 minutes after he had just respawned.

__________________
Comcast (SMC D3G-BIZ) & Verizon Cellphone (Droid Charge)

Detor is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-05-2011, 02:38 AM   #95
EndevorX

Loremaster
EndevorX's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2004
Posts: 722
Default

[email protected] wrote:

We had the same problem with Skarl, but we could still kill him 2nd pull. The only thing we did was to spread out the chars so that only one player was affected by the pillar. As we had two healers that was enough to kill the mob. Some other nameds are definitely harder to beat. But as mentioned many times before, the difficulty of the zone isn't the problem. It is the really bad return of investment that keeps people away from the zone as all you can get in there is plat and shards. The fabled trash drops I know of are great, but they are so rare, that you won't go there to farm them and the named drops are just not good enough to encourage people killing them, esp. as the nameds also seam to only have a small chance to drop a fabled items and the legendary drops are just not worth it (even compared to instance loot (and sometimes even to PQ loot)). I guess part of the problem is that the easiest quest already award you with legendary gear. You have a gear system with 6 qualities but you only use two this expansion. No wonder there are so many problems with the balance and the spread of the items.

QFE.

__________________
|-| EverQuest Next Principles to Abide by (30) |-| True Ks: 40.2K Ds: 3.6K Ratio:11:1 |-| |-| PvP Briefing 101 (Outdated) |-| 45 Points of Awesome-o for PvP! |-|Â*

EndevorX is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-07-2011, 05:37 PM   #96
Detor

Loremaster
Detor's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2008
Posts: 1,198
Default

I've now seen numerous named do the same thing.  After they spawn, if you engage them in the first 10 minutes or so after respawning they despawn on you, aggroed or not, they vanish and go to another spawn point.  

Also, got a fabled item drop.  Gaze of the Masterful Cerberus.  Was so excited to see a FABLED item trash drop, but then it turned out to be totally pointless to equip.  When most other charms have 30% or so multiattack or 26% DPS mod, it has......2% attack speed.  Kind of odd for a fabled item.

__________________
Comcast (SMC D3G-BIZ) & Verizon Cellphone (Droid Charge)

Detor is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-08-2011, 06:02 PM   #97
Kander

Game Dev
Kander's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2007
Posts: 660
Default

Detor wrote:

I've now seen numerous named do the same thing.  After they spawn, if you engage them in the first 10 minutes or so after respawning they despawn on you, aggroed or not, they vanish and go to another spawn point.  

Also, got a fabled item drop.  Gaze of the Masterful Cerberus.  Was so excited to see a FABLED item trash drop, but then it turned out to be totally pointless to equip.  When most other charms have 30% or so multiattack or 26% DPS mod, it has......2% attack speed.  Kind of odd for a fabled item.

Please feel free to post any wonkey items you find so we can get them looked at.

Fabled items should not be odd, they should be great.

__________________
<img src="http://img41.imageshack.us/img41/7049/kandersignatureskyshrin.jpg">
Kander is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-08-2011, 06:38 PM   #98
Leovinus

Loremaster
Leovinus's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2004
Posts: 403
Default

Kander wrote:

Detor wrote:

I've now seen numerous named do the same thing.  After they spawn, if you engage them in the first 10 minutes or so after respawning they despawn on you, aggroed or not, they vanish and go to another spawn point.  

Also, got a fabled item drop.  Gaze of the Masterful Cerberus.  Was so excited to see a FABLED item trash drop, but then it turned out to be totally pointless to equip.  When most other charms have 30% or so multiattack or 26% DPS mod, it has......2% attack speed.  Kind of odd for a fabled item.

Please feel free to post any wonkey items you find so we can get them looked at.

Fabled items should not be odd, they should be great.

The Effigy of Rallos (aITEM -1206807801 -393874278:Effigy of Rallos/a off the named in the entryway) still has 5 riposte damage and no MA, which, I'm sorry, is crap.  If you are in a group in that zone, you probably aren't looking for gear to solo with, which is the excuse I believe Silius used for putting so much riposte stuff on scout gear.  It needs a bunch of MA to be worth even considering.

Leovinus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-09-2011, 02:15 AM   #99
WasteDLing

Loremaster
 
Join Date: Nov 2004
Posts: 5
Default

You should take a look at the charm rewards for the collection quests, most fighter/scout charms had MA added to them but these still dont have any of that, so they are fairly useless and considering the difficulty getting some of them (completing all kael instance collections for one), they really should be usefull in some way.

WasteDLing is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-09-2011, 02:30 PM   #100
Detor

Loremaster
Detor's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2008
Posts: 1,198
Default

WasteDLing wrote:

You should take a look at the charm rewards for the collection quests, most fighter/scout charms had MA added to them but these still dont have any of that, so they are fairly useless and considering the difficulty getting some of them (completing all kael instance collections for one), they really should be usefull in some way.

I've actually noticed that on everything from the Kael quested rewards, to Kael legendary drops, to rare trash drops, to fabled item drops.  The Kael items have the base things, potency and crit bonus, but then lack those 'extra' stats that you get from instance drops elsewhere.  You'll see an item out of one of the Rime instances for example that'll have 4.6 crit bonus/potency and 30 multiattack.  Then you'll see an item out of Kael for the same slot that has 4.9 crit bonus/potency, but no multiattack at all.  Or other slots, the instance drops have varying degrees of DPS, then on the kael item of the same slot it'll have higher potency/crit bonus but no DPS mod.

Or, like that item I mentioned earlier, Gaze of the Masterful Cerberus.  Kael fabled drop and it has 2% attack speed.  Legendary item from instance? 30% multiattack on one, 26% DPS mod on another.

__________________
Comcast (SMC D3G-BIZ) & Verizon Cellphone (Droid Charge)

Detor is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-10-2011, 04:41 PM   #101
Kander

Game Dev
Kander's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2007
Posts: 660
Default

Detor wrote:

WasteDLing wrote:

You should take a look at the charm rewards for the collection quests, most fighter/scout charms had MA added to them but these still dont have any of that, so they are fairly useless and considering the difficulty getting some of them (completing all kael instance collections for one), they really should be usefull in some way.

I've actually noticed that on everything from the Kael quested rewards, to Kael legendary drops, to rare trash drops, to fabled item drops.  The Kael items have the base things, potency and crit bonus, but then lack those 'extra' stats that you get from instance drops elsewhere.  You'll see an item out of one of the Rime instances for example that'll have 4.6 crit bonus/potency and 30 multiattack.  Then you'll see an item out of Kael for the same slot that has 4.9 crit bonus/potency, but no multiattack at all.  Or other slots, the instance drops have varying degrees of DPS, then on the kael item of the same slot it'll have higher potency/crit bonus but no DPS mod.

Or, like that item I mentioned earlier, Gaze of the Masterful Cerberus.  Kael fabled drop and it has 2% attack speed.  Legendary item from instance? 30% multiattack on one, 26% DPS mod on another.

Please post those items or PM me with them so I can get the item gods to look at them.

I will ask that the quest charms get looked at as well.

__________________
<img src="http://img41.imageshack.us/img41/7049/kandersignatureskyshrin.jpg">
Kander is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-10-2011, 06:38 PM   #102
Detor

Loremaster
Detor's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2008
Posts: 1,198
Default

Kander wrote:

Detor wrote:

WasteDLing wrote:

You should take a look at the charm rewards for the collection quests, most fighter/scout charms had MA added to them but these still dont have any of that, so they are fairly useless and considering the difficulty getting some of them (completing all kael instance collections for one), they really should be usefull in some way.

I've actually noticed that on everything from the Kael quested rewards, to Kael legendary drops, to rare trash drops, to fabled item drops.  The Kael items have the base things, potency and crit bonus, but then lack those 'extra' stats that you get from instance drops elsewhere.  You'll see an item out of one of the Rime instances for example that'll have 4.6 crit bonus/potency and 30 multiattack.  Then you'll see an item out of Kael for the same slot that has 4.9 crit bonus/potency, but no multiattack at all.  Or other slots, the instance drops have varying degrees of DPS, then on the kael item of the same slot it'll have higher potency/crit bonus but no DPS mod.

Or, like that item I mentioned earlier, Gaze of the Masterful Cerberus.  Kael fabled drop and it has 2% attack speed.  Legendary item from instance? 30% multiattack on one, 26% DPS mod on another.

Please post those items or PM me with them so I can get the item gods to look at them.

I will ask that the quest charms get looked at as well.

Ok, here's a few, I need to ask others about the other items:

Kael Drakkel Item: Gaze of the Masterful Cerberus - 2% Attack Speed, 13.2% crit chance, 5.2% crit bonus/potency, FABLED compare to: Legendary - Velium Washed Grommet - 30.8% multi attack chance, 11% crit chance, 5% crit bonus and potency.

Kael Drakkel Item: Ring of the Storm Guard - 1.8% attack speed, 4.9% crit bonus/potency.  Compare to instanced drop: Epidemic Band 23.4% DPS mod and crit bonus/potency.

Kael Drakkel Item: Earstud of Exhumed Energies - 4.9% crit bonus/potency, no casting speed, nothing else other than potency/crit bonus.  Multiple instance items have + ability casting speed for priests earring slot.

Kael Drakkel Item: Quartermaster's Earring - 4.9% crit bonus/potency, no ability reuse.  Compare to instanced drop like Earring of Crushing Storms with crit bonus/potency and ability reuse.

Kael Drakkel Item: Ring of the Kromzek Storm Priest - 4.9% crit bonus/potency.  Instance drops usually have crit bonus/potency and ability reuse for this slot and archetype (priest).

Kael Drakkel item: Earring of Velium Force - 4.9% crit bonus/potency. Mage, instance drops typically have + ability reuse (as mentioned under Quartermaster's Earring).

Kael Drakkel Item: Blade of Grankr 39% crit chance, 4.9% crit bonus/potency.  Compare to other drops like Sword of the Vigilis with 12.2% DPS mod, 1.6% AE chance, 39% crit chance, 4.9 crit bonus/potency.

Kael Drakkel Item: Ring of Velium Dust 4.9% crit bonus/potency, no other blue stats. Compare to instance drops from rime, even ToFS that can have 20+% DPS mod or multiattack chances.

Kael Drakkel Item: Bangle of the Storm Guard, now this one actually has 5.4% multiattack, which is about what you intended (right?) since I think the only instance drops with higher are bugged ones you're changing ala the recent change to Enraging Wristlet of the Changeling.

Velium Chain of the Storm Guard 4.9% crit bonus/potency, no blue stats.

I need to look up the name, but I could swear I'd seen a bow item with only crit bonus/potency/crit chance, no DPS/multiattack like some rime stuff with 11.5% DPS AND 11.5% multiattack on the same item.

Overall theme on the items I mentioned seems to be a lack of anything other than crit bonus/potency, whereas the slots seemingly are intended for other things like ability reuse/casting speed/multiattack/DPS mods as other items from other zones have those stats on the items.  The absolute most glaring one is definately the FABLED charm I started with, with it's 2% attack speed taking the place of 30.8% multiattack on a legendary item.

Not item related, but could you find out if the giants are suppose to have their innate crit bonus in addition to the buff's stated value? (dicussion thread http://forums.station.sony.com/eq2/...topic_id=498735)  Eg, Kromzek contested giants that didn't get their crit mitigation reduced when instances did, and still have anywhere from 110-130% crit bonus, but then seem to have the innate 50% warrior bonus too so you need 180% crit mitigation to counteract the spikes from crits.  At first glance most people just think 'Hey, I just need to get to the same point as it says on the buff.' so that's a bit confusing to most since they don't remember the innate crit bonus for different classes until you tell them that's why the NPCs are still hitting so hard.  It's presumably the reason a tank can have 130% crit mitigation and still get crit hit for 70k dmg in a Kael instance.

Thank you Kander for your work on Kael Drakkel.  In EQ1 I allied myself with the giants (slaughtered the dwarves by the truckload), but this go around I think I'm having more fun killing giants than I would have just killing dwarves again.

__________________
Comcast (SMC D3G-BIZ) & Verizon Cellphone (Droid Charge)

Detor is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-11-2011, 09:31 PM   #103
Nebbeny

Tester
 
Join Date: Nov 2004
Posts: 420
Default

Has anyone had much luck with gems in here at all? I've spent 8 hours in the past 2 days in there, and maybe about 10 or so hours before that, and seen only a single gem drop for armour. That was long before any of us even had enough shards to consider getting any bought, or even had the recipes to utilise them, but now that i'm able to get the forearms and boots, we're not seeing any gems drop. I got quite lucky and bought a citrine gem on the broker for only 50p, got my wardens forearms made, but i've been keeping an eye on the broker and not seen a single Citrine or jaundiced gem since, tons of the other though since they are a guarenteed drop from named in instances. It's frustrating going through the entirety of kael, killing numerous named and not getting a single gem to drop, especially when there are 6 of you that can use it. While you're looking into the jewelry drops, do you mind having a gander at the gem drops too and seeing if they're working correctly? 1 drop in 18 hours for 6 people just doesn't seem to work.
Nebbeny is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-11-2011, 10:45 PM   #104
Detor

Loremaster
Detor's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2008
Posts: 1,198
Default

Nebbeny wrote:

Has anyone had much luck with gems in here at all? I've spent 8 hours in the past 2 days in there, and maybe about 10 or so hours before that, and seen only a single gem drop for armour. That was long before any of us even had enough shards to consider getting any bought, or even had the recipes to utilise them, but now that i'm able to get the forearms and boots, we're not seeing any gems drop. I got quite lucky and bought a citrine gem on the broker for only 50p, got my wardens forearms made, but i've been keeping an eye on the broker and not seen a single Citrine or jaundiced gem since, tons of the other though since they are a guarenteed drop from named in instances. It's frustrating going through the entirety of kael, killing numerous named and not getting a single gem to drop, especially when there are 6 of you that can use it. While you're looking into the jewelry drops, do you mind having a gander at the gem drops too and seeing if they're working correctly? 1 drop in 18 hours for 6 people just doesn't seem to work.

I've seen 3 jaundice gems, 2 rough lava ruby, 1 rough citrine, and 25 rough emeralds since the expansion came out.

Here's another item: Kael Drakkel - Forged Velium Cloak, 3.9% attack speed, crit bonus/potency, while solo quested items have 20+ % multiattack (like Vicious Ry'Gorr cloak)

It's like attack speed has some HUGE weight in your internal item generation formulas, that makes 1% attack speed seem like the equivalent of 8% multiattack or so which doesn't make much sense as far as how I understand attack speed and multiattack work.

__________________
Comcast (SMC D3G-BIZ) & Verizon Cellphone (Droid Charge)

Detor is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-12-2011, 01:43 PM   #105
Kander

Game Dev
Kander's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2007
Posts: 660
Default

Detor wrote:

Nebbeny wrote:

Has anyone had much luck with gems in here at all? I've spent 8 hours in the past 2 days in there, and maybe about 10 or so hours before that, and seen only a single gem drop for armour. That was long before any of us even had enough shards to consider getting any bought, or even had the recipes to utilise them, but now that i'm able to get the forearms and boots, we're not seeing any gems drop. I got quite lucky and bought a citrine gem on the broker for only 50p, got my wardens forearms made, but i've been keeping an eye on the broker and not seen a single Citrine or jaundiced gem since, tons of the other though since they are a guarenteed drop from named in instances. It's frustrating going through the entirety of kael, killing numerous named and not getting a single gem to drop, especially when there are 6 of you that can use it. While you're looking into the jewelry drops, do you mind having a gander at the gem drops too and seeing if they're working correctly? 1 drop in 18 hours for 6 people just doesn't seem to work.

I've seen 3 jaundice gems, 2 rough lava ruby, 1 rough citrine, and 25 rough emeralds since the expansion came out.

Here's another item: Kael Drakkel - Forged Velium Cloak, 3.9% attack speed, crit bonus/potency, while solo quested items have 20+ % multiattack (like Vicious Ry'Gorr cloak)

It's like attack speed has some HUGE weight in your internal item generation formulas, that makes 1% attack speed seem like the equivalent of 8% multiattack or so which doesn't make much sense as far as how I understand attack speed and multiattack work.

Thank you, I will ask that these items get looked at.

__________________
<img src="http://img41.imageshack.us/img41/7049/kandersignatureskyshrin.jpg">
Kander is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-12-2011, 02:00 PM   #106
Bremer

Loremaster
Bremer's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2004
Posts: 1,902
Default

Detor wrote:

Here's another item: Kael Drakkel - Forged Velium Cloak, 3.9% attack speed, crit bonus/potency, while solo quested items have 20+ % multiattack (like Vicious Ry'Gorr cloak)

Raid cloaks also don't have MA SMILEY

Bremer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-14-2011, 07:10 PM   #107
Detor

Loremaster
Detor's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2008
Posts: 1,198
Default

Legatus Skarl is still acting oddly.  He'll do a red message for one person, then spawn the pillar on a different person.  Also sometimes the red thing will spawn on one person, yet a different member of the group gets permastunned.

Edit: Here's my understanding of how it is suppose to work.  He spawns a red pillar and does a red announcement saying 'Skarl turns his attention to XXXX' to indicate who it is spawning on, you move within 5 seconds and you won't be stunned.  Anybody that doesn't move is permanently stunned until the fight ends (no detrimental or way to cure or chance to escape the pillar since it keeps you stunned.)  Sometimes the red pillar will despawn when another new one spawns, but other times you end up multiple pillars up all over the place to avoid so not sure if the pillars are meant to despawn or stay up.  Here's where things get screwy.  

He'll shout for one person, then spawn a pillar on a different person (and it isn't the red message lag from multiple messages, because he'll screw up on his first shout).  

Sometimes the pillar spawns on one person, but stuns another.  

Sometimes you can turn the camera and see that you absolutely NOT near the red pillar - yet you too are permanently stunned for some unexplainable reason (no detrimentals on you).

Basically, neat idea, but right now I'd rather you just make him do something that works consistently like fearing, adds, etc. because right now I'm more inclined to tell groups just to go around him when possible.

__________________
Comcast (SMC D3G-BIZ) & Verizon Cellphone (Droid Charge)

Detor is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-22-2011, 08:00 PM   #108
totti72

Loremaster
 
Join Date: Jan 2005
Posts: 24
Default

Kander wrote:

Changes made and being made.

  • Trash drops, including rare fabled drops are being added to the zone tables.

That sounds good however only 1% drop chance on legendary+ gems and 0,1% fabled is still terrible.

totti72 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-22-2011, 09:36 PM   #109
Twisty

Loremaster
 
Join Date: May 2008
Posts: 38
Default

Fabled Kael Contested ear is missing about 2.4% Reuse.  That would put it in line with stat progression from IceShard keep earing Studs of Cerebral Ignition (altho the set bonus would still push Kael fabled earing to be inferior).  Sidenote - noone I know has ever seen the *set* earing of any arch-type drop from trash in Iceshard (lootdb.com claims it does tho).  And set earings certainly don't drop from any bosses in Iceshard.

Legendary Kael Contested bracer is missing at least 2.2% reuse.  Altho, again, with set bonus Iceshard Keep bracer is clearly superior.

Twisty is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-25-2011, 10:10 PM   #110
Detor

Loremaster
Detor's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2008
Posts: 1,198
Default

Here's an item that's way way way out of line considering where it drops, Temple area, 'Trinket of the Neocorus', it's mage, secondary, 4.2% crit bonus/potency, while you can get things out of The Ascent instance, common drops, that have 4.6% crit bonus/potency, heck, there are named in Kael Drakkel that drop 4.9% and are in the easier parts of the zone compared to Neocorus in Temple.

Also, there appears to be a bug with Marked as an Enemy.  Normally it's a curse, that you have about 5 seconds to cure or it instantly kills the entire group with focus damage, numerous names use this ability.  Sometimes however the moment it lands it goes off, doesn't give you 5 seconds to cure like it should.

__________________
Comcast (SMC D3G-BIZ) & Verizon Cellphone (Droid Charge)

Detor is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-27-2011, 12:41 PM   #111
Blambil
Server: Nagafen
Guild: Truculent Brew
Rank: Legati {Mains}

Loremaster
Blambil's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2005
Posts: 500
Default

Quick question about "working as intended" in KD.

Every giant I examined last night has a buff on them that give +100 Crit Avoidance. (and 115% CB)

Seemed like every giant also "procs" an uncurable debuff that gives me -100 crit Chance. (Winds of Kael maybe?)

I understand that the "debuff" is meant to affect healers, while the "buff" is intended to affect anyone trying to touch the mob, but together they seem brutal.

Doesn't this equate to 300% CC required to actually have 100% CC?

I spent a couple hours in there last night with a mage who had 146% CC (low I know) and ACT says his zonewide CC was 46%.  Something doesn't add up to me.

Blambil is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-27-2011, 02:17 PM   #112
Nebbeny

Tester
 
Join Date: Nov 2004
Posts: 420
Default

the debuff decreases the groups beneficial crit chance and does not interact with the buff on the mob. Your addition is flawed SMILEY
Nebbeny is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-02-2011, 12:57 AM   #113
Blambil
Server: Nagafen
Guild: Truculent Brew
Rank: Legati {Mains}

Loremaster
Blambil's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2005
Posts: 500
Default

Nebbeny wrote:

the debuff decreases the groups beneficial crit chance and does not interact with the buff on the mob. Your addition is flawed

So explain it to me.

1. mob having +100 crit avoidance zeros out my 100% crit chance, right? which puts me at 0% crit chance.

2. Then the debuff knocks me down another 100% CC, which makes me -100% CC

3. or if I STARTED at 200% CC, leaves me at 0% right?

Blambil is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-02-2011, 01:46 AM   #114
ffd700

Lord
ffd700's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2010
Posts: 318
Default

I think the debuffing of the beneficial crit chance is in regards to incoming heals on you.  So your healer has to have at least 200% crit for 100% crit heals, if that's the case.

ffd700 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-02-2011, 02:29 AM   #115
Tyrus Dracofire

Loremaster
Tyrus Dracofire's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2004
Posts: 2,274
Default

Ohhh, not again~!!!

Another new "class-discrimination" zone, with new terrible mind-set so called Elitist group saying we don't need paladin in our group.

ever been experienced like this? i have, too many times, even i tried other different pick-up groups.

in my opinion, the scale of difficulty, it feel like epic, a major fail zone. devs just failed again with wrong folks, they just feed more to "elitist" stuck-up snobs.

by the time, i get my 2nd alt reaching 90 lvl, i have right class character and suddenly, they changed their mind and get drop for other players, even i had most master spells scribed.

now that is pure frustration, how do i am able to explore the zone i never seen or get quests updated.

i am sick of massive health base they got, more health they have and more chance i go falling to boredom and soon, Zzzzzz... after i just had woke up and had cup of coffee and in 20 mins i get sleepy again. cut that massive health base crap, i want to see them die fast, way lot faster, not for pounding senseless for 10 min til they die.

raids are getting boring and too long, i prefer classic 50 lvl raids that is smaller zone and be out within 30 mins, not for 4-6 hours non-stop.

my opinion, it just need series of multiple raid zones and easier to plan some "goals" to make very realistic.

some got small kids, need regular meal times by doctor's order, take a break to recover physical health or mental, or pets need you, or unexpected needs.

Keal zone is massive, and that is very big problem, due to a group wipe, some players dont even want to repeat same run to take out respawning trash mobs that benifit no one, it need "Revive Check Point" marker so they dont have to kill same mobs and getting closer to the goal they need.

Tyrus Dracofire is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-02-2011, 03:31 AM   #116
p3t3rl1

Lord
p3t3rl1's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2010
Posts: 202
Default

I just want to express my opinion about this zone. I understand that this is the biggest contested dungeon in EQ2 and alot of efforts went into designing this zone. 

However, as you all aware, this zone is also the biggest empty zone. I am on the Antonia Bayle server, the most populated server in EQ2 and most times this zone is empty. 

Casuals don't have the gear to survive in this zone, raiders won't bother with this zone because nothing good drops and killing trash is just time wasting. I have grouped with countless people, including a group of members from WW1st raid guilds and even those guys won't bother to kill trash. 

I have been in this zone mainly to finish up my fallen swords quest. As you all aware, this quest requires getting to Iceshard keep, Thrones and Storms and Temple of Rallos Zek area. As Temple of Rallos Zek requires all teleporter quests being done, it has being a major block as most groups simply do not last long enough to finish the teleporter quests let alone get the signature quest update.

The thing that I find really annoying is when you get those two headed mobs that power drains together with giants. When you are being powerdrained and getting aoe'ed by the giants that ignore your wards, most groups do not recover and will wipe. As humans, most are not patient and after a few unluckly incidents like those most will not attempt the zone again. 

Most tanks simply do not want to tank in this zone. I have been asking for tanks for contested kael for days and most tanks simply refuse to go there. The low reward vs time spent ratio makes this zone pointless. 

Please fix this. 

__________________
p3t3rl1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-30-2011, 05:05 PM   #117
Coopendor

Loremaster
Coopendor's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2005
Posts: 38
Default

My guild and I have a very strong core group of 6 that runs KD contested 2 to 3 times a week.  We too get bored with the "grinding" there.  We are only hitting the area to get our portal quests done (only Old Kael left) and to get some dropped gems.  We do not raid as we are a casual guild and do not have enough geared/experienced players to do so.  We just grind instances for the shards and the possible upgraded gear drop.

Friday evening (5/27/11) we spent more than 4 hours in KD contested getting as many portal updates as possible and figuring on 2 or 3 gems.  We did not get one gem to drop at all.  We did get a couple of exquisite chests that only held Master spells for nobody in the group.  We are really needing some Jaundice and Citrene gems to drop.  All of our group has all the other Ry`Gorr gear.  Everyone is after the bracers and boots.  A couple of us still need the gem for the pants too.  Ruby's ?

We are SO SICK of seeing the Emeralds, Marbles, and the little more rare Diamonds.  It's very frustrating trying to gear up with these gems limiting us so badly.

The amount of mobs in there seem to be on the excessive side.  I dont mind having to clear trash but you are only moving 20 meters at a time between mobs.  Makes it exceedingly tiresome and long.  As far as gear drops are concerned (when it does drop), they seem to be good in some stats but lacking badly in other necessary ones.  Speaking of excessive mobs, the Iceshard Keep are is insane!!!  Tons of giants on a 5 minute respawn??  You clear one room move on to the next and the other room is respawned before you get done with the next room.  This can be a hassle mainly from the roamers.

Basically, I would like to see less mobs, some minor gear adjustments, and PLEASE, PLease, please, get some of those gems to drop!!!   I would think that better than 4 hours would be enough to get 4 gems.  1 gem/hour seems fair to me.

Coop

__________________
Coopendor 91 Ranger/Metalhealz 90 Inquisitor/ Blasfemus 92 Berserker/Alelle 90 Necromancer
Coopendor is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-31-2011, 05:08 AM   #118
Trensharo

Loremaster
Trensharo's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2008
Posts: 524
Default

Iceshard Keep is an instance and IIRC the mobs don't repop.

But I've been to Contested Kael once.  We got a few drops, but I won't be going back.  It's a waste of time when I can run the Kael Instances or Rime for loot that's actually better when you factor in all the blue stats.

If they spent that much time on this zone, it was time pretty much wasted.  Sure a few hardcores or sympathizers may praise the zone on the forums, but the proof's in the pudding.  This "contested" zone is so uncontested that it mind as well should have been an instance.  No one wants to go there unless a quest or something progression-related makes them go there.

Most people are buying x2 loot out of Auction instead of doing any of the KD instances or Kael Contested.  The developers do not see that they have balanced these zones out of reach of most people?  It's even worse when you factor in the easymode PQ gear and how loot progresses so terribly through the early instances, and the fact that you have to farm infinite amounts of PVS to gear up and adorn your gear to not get one shotted in half of these zones.

Trensharo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-31-2011, 07:16 AM   #119
Alexanderal

Loremaster
 
Join Date: Oct 2008
Posts: 4
Default

There is a version of Iceshard keep inside KD contested also with repopping mobs like the rest of the zone. But to echo above statements, the loot chances in the KD zone is way too low.

Also, I don't think that Temple drops have been modified. We killed the first named in the Temple instance and got some 86/86 ranged item that was so bad we laughed and just left. Loot there needs to be looked at.

Alexanderal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-31-2011, 12:01 PM   #120
Coopendor

Loremaster
Coopendor's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2005
Posts: 38
Default

Alexanderal wrote:

There is a version of Iceshard keep inside KD contested also with repopping mobs like the rest of the zone. But to echo above statements, the loot chances in the KD zone is way too low.

Also, I don't think that Temple drops have been modified. We killed the first named in the Temple instance and got some 86/86 ranged item that was so bad we laughed and just left. Loot there needs to be looked at.

We also got that same crappy drop.  First time we have tried the zone.  That 86/86 crappy charm dropped and the whole group turned up their noses and we turned around and went back to KD contested.

To Trensharo:

There is an Icy Keep area in KD contested.  You need to get there for the portal questline that will let you port to several areas throughout the zone with out having to clear all the way through.  Appparently it also unlocks the Temple area as well.

Being on The Bazaar server, we have very little population so there is never anyone in there.  I dont think anyone on our server has even completed the portal questline.  My guild group is probably going to get that questline completed and maybe check out the Temple area once its unlocked and then be done with it unless the gear and drop rates get improved.

__________________
Coopendor 91 Ranger/Metalhealz 90 Inquisitor/ Blasfemus 92 Berserker/Alelle 90 Necromancer
Coopendor is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Thread Tools

Forum Jump


All times are GMT. The time now is 03:42 AM.

vBulletin skin by: CompleteGFX.com
Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.7.5
Copyright ©2000 - 2021, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
All threads and posts originally from the EQ2 and Station forums operated by Sony Online Entertainment. Their use is by express written permission.