EQ2 Forum Archive @ EQ2Wire

Go Back   EQ2 Forum Archive @ EQ2Wire > EverQuest II > Class Discussion > Mage's Arcanum > Coercer
Members List Search Mark Forums Read

Notices

Old 02-22-2010, 02:58 PM   #1
Deago

Loremaster

Seeing as our selection is limited anyway.. I will say I came across some neat pets on the two outdoor zones so far in SF.

1. paineel guards are charmable  (hopefully they dont fix this as they are king for that area)

2. the scholars on the eye of arad lv 90 are locks and nuke often for 6k+

3. the druid type mobs in the same groups with the scholars above are nice..heal well and nuke high

4. The void mobs on the eye of arad island are juggernauts if your wanting slash/hack pets. lv 90

Im still searching as its part of the coercer fun.  Anybody else find some neat pets? 

All mine have been with a master charm.

And I would like to toss this in..my Possess Essence (M1) has been really tougher lately even for a lv up..i noticed at 81 it was much tougher then 80..well not much but still..im wondering if they got a boost?  Just curious.

Old 02-24-2010, 11:12 PM   #2
TosinLives

Loremaster

Wow these forums seem dead.  I guess everybody is in-game.  I have a ton of questions about this expansion.  I can see that the new armor that gives pet buffs buffs works on possessed essence.  Does this armor stack? 

Can I use 3 different items that have Power Flux III on them? 

Does this armor work on charmed pets?

Is potency the new be-all end-all of stats we are looking for on equipment? 

How about Crit bonus?

Do ability buffs or crit buffs effect our Destructive Mind and Hostage?

TosinLives is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-25-2010, 03:07 AM   #3
Clownshoes

Loremaster

Most enchanters are rerolling / quitting, so don't expect much enthusiasm here.

Clownshoes is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-25-2010, 03:25 AM   #4
Exordus

Loremaster

I hear a lot of groups / guilds are looking for Illy's though.

Old 02-25-2010, 11:20 AM   #5
Captain Apple Darkberry

Loremaster

Exordus wrote:

I hear a lot of groups / guilds are looking for Illy's though.

Awesome!  I always wanted to play an illusionist but there were way too many back when they were FotM.  Time to roll one!

Captain Apple Darkberry is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-25-2010, 12:05 PM   #6
Luminare
Server: Guk

Lord

Clownshoes wrote:

Most enchanters are rerolling / quitting, so don't expect much enthusiasm here.

I have to admit, during beta I was considering leaving the game as a result of the direction they were taking coercers.  Even though I still do not agree that we should have so many aggro management abilities, coercive shout has turned out to be a really nice ability.  I have already saved my group's tank a dozen times, and the scout dps in the group even more often.  

I also seem to have to use mana flow every time it is up again!  Towards the end of the TSO, there was almost never a need for it.  

In short, we really do seem to have utility again, so unless the content starts to really suck, I will remain.  

In reply to the pet situation, I have also noticed a significant boost in pet dps.  Confound (pet dmg) is showing up on my parse as nearly a 50% increase in dps over TSO.   Mind you that only means approx 5% of my total dps, but it makes it worth casting.   (Note: I only use possess essence and rarely charm unless soloing)

Luminare is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-25-2010, 12:47 PM   #7
Oriax
Server: Runnyeye
Guild: Sultans of Swing

Loremaster

As far as charmable pets in SF I have yet to find very many mage/priest mobs. The few that I have found will not cast spells or attack at ranged. Which really sucks.

That coupled with half of the solo named mobs being immune to control effects I shelved my Coercer to play my Necromancer instead.

Oriax is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-27-2010, 01:00 PM   #8
Alienor

Loremaster

[email protected] wrote:

I shelved my Coercer to play my Necromancer instead.

So you are going out  of  the  frying  pan  into  the  fire SMILEY

Alienor is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-03-2010, 11:31 PM   #9
Aule
Server: Guk

Loremaster

Back in RoK before the first round of charm nerfs there were warlock charmies that would do 20k dps. So finding one now 2 expansions later that only does 6k isn't very attractive.
Old 03-08-2010, 10:41 PM   #10
Ol
Server: Nagafen
Guild: Elusive

General

Terrorfang Arsonist in stonebrunt highlands, nukes for a ton

Old 04-01-2010, 12:33 PM   #11
DwarvesR

General

[email protected] wrote:

Terrorfang Arsonist in stonebrunt highlands, nukes for a ton

+1

I charmed one last night.  Dots in the 2400-6000 range, usually 4000-ish on average, on a 4s tick.  Small nuke for 8000-13000 rather frequently.  Big nuke for 27000-48000, average 33000.  Not a completely common cast, but nearly every fight.  Fun when it leads with it and 1-shots the mobs. . . . .

Edit to add: 

I tested a couple of warlocks from Stonebrunt today.  A vanquished something radical from the abandoned kejek village area was one.  It could nuke for up to 7K but mostly just tossed dots that did 1500-2500 or so.  Oddly enough, a corpse candle would nuke for 7K to 10K and was awesome, but this one I consider to suck.

I also charmed a Coerced Terrorfang Arsonist from up by the Erudin Gardens.  It was better than the radical, but it was casting Cataclysm a lot, which is a blue ae, so it's one to be careful of using around lots of mobs.  It was nice when it'd cast Apocalypse, though.  12000-15000 damage per tick for 5 ticks in 6 seconds.  Things melted with that on them.  Sadly, it only cast it every 3rd or 4th fight (and with 45s recast on a regular warlock, that kinda makes sense).

I still prefer the standard Terrorfang Arsonist.  I'll be testing the mages and preists from the Erudin Gardens soon and see how they do.

Edit more:

Illusionists (the ones with synergism buff on themselves) from the Eye of El'arad seem to just use a single nuke for about 7500 every 4s or so.  Wizards from Erudin Gardens switch between 3 different spells, but nothing does more than about 10k per hit and they only cast every 4-6 seconds, so the dps is actually quite low overall.  Theurgist mobs are wardens and nuke for about 5500-ish rather often.  I ended up sending the Theurgist into melee and it did a lot better than as a pure caster, but still wasn't all that great.

Jonna - 78 Inquisitor, Keodan - 77 Fury, Elynna - 90 Coercer, Clarisse - 90 ShadowKnight, Gotter - 90 Warlock, Kyeda - 66 Necromancer, Spirrita - 66 Defiler, Darlana - 75 Dirge, Meylota - 54 Warden, Guuk - 60 Monk, Briarra - 55 Brigand, Dactylus - 51 Mystic
DwarvesR is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-03-2010, 01:48 AM   #12
BiggDaddy

Loremaster

The first mobs are you enter The Hole, the contructs, are dirge mobs.
BiggDaddy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-13-2010, 10:43 PM   #13
Loadtoads

Loremaster

yea but do they VC/RO?  =(

Furosy, 90 Fury

Baty, 80 ShadowKnight

Skittels, 90 Illusionist
Loadtoads is offline   Reply With Quote