EQ2 Forum Archive @ EQ2Wire

Go Back   EQ2 Forum Archive @ EQ2Wire > EverQuest II > General EverQuest II Discussion > General Gameplay Discussion
Members List Search Mark Forums Read

Notices

Old 09-08-2010, 11:57 AM   #31
Kain-UK

Loremaster

I got a character to 15/70AA from being a brand new level 1 in about 6 hours over the weekend.

Ok, that's not great considering how fast some people can do it, but I force myself to get up and leave the computer for about 15 mins every hour... so only about 5 of those hours were me actually playing. The other hour was me making drinks and generally having a break from the computer. :p

Elnan Tarmikos: 90/250 Shadowknight

Teion Orval: 90/250 Guardian
Kain-UK is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-08-2010, 12:08 PM   #32
erin

Loremaster

I don't suppose anyone wants to share how you are getting 50-100 or more AA in a few hours like that?  PM me if you prefer, I'm dying to know!

erin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-08-2010, 12:13 PM   #33
Laiina

Loremaster

Ahlana wrote:

Laiina wrote:

And no, you also lost any AA you would have gotten from starred mobs and disco. The star means you have not killed it before, it has nothing to do with AA except that you won't get what you would have gotten, ever.

This is not true at all. The star means it will give AA. If you are capped on AA and kill a named you never killed before it will still have the star and give AA when the cap is raised. Nothing at all missed on them.

My conjuror is 90/250, has been for some time. Yesterday I killed a level 85 named with a star, today the same named has no star.

Old 09-08-2010, 12:35 PM   #34
Landiin

Loremaster

Laiina wrote:

Ahlana wrote:

Laiina wrote:

And no, you also lost any AA you would have gotten from starred mobs and disco. The star means you have not killed it before, it has nothing to do with AA except that you won't get what you would have gotten, ever.

This is not true at all. The star means it will give AA. If you are capped on AA and kill a named you never killed before it will still have the star and give AA when the cap is raised. Nothing at all missed on them.

My conjuror is 90/250, has been for some time. Yesterday I killed a level 85 named with a star, today the same named has no star.

Thats BS, one of my 90/250AA char mass killed in PoA and a couple other zones all weekend and every name had a star each and every time I killed them.

Old 09-08-2010, 02:38 PM   #35
Alvane
Server: Unrest
Guild: Old Timer Guild

Loremaster

erin wrote:

I don't suppose anyone wants to share how you are getting 50-100 or more AA in a few hours like that?  PM me if you prefer, I'm dying to know!

AA quests would take too long to accomplish in a few hours, so best would be load up on every potion, berry (from the druid ring live event), etc. Then go into a place like Firemyst Gully and have a kill fest. The skelts respawn quickly. There are a couple low level zones that have numerous mobs that respawn rapidly. If you get bored doing that, you can also hit the name roster. Some peeps duo or box with a higher level character to demolish more instances and names quickly.

And keep your slider at 100%AA.

PS: ain't that difficult to figure out how to do it if you think on it a bit. I know a few peeps who have leveled 1-90 and 1-250AAs within 4 days. Yeah, it can be done if you don't care about nothing but getting to 90/250.

I have a 32 character with 129AAs. Made the character with the NH update. I do AA questing, dungeons, disco, named kills, collections for each tier. Right now working on T-4 and starting T-5. But then, I'm not in any hurry.

Alvane is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-08-2010, 04:11 PM   #36
bigbaldpapa

Loremaster

I know you did this during double XP weekend, but is there a way without it?  I have low-level alts that need luvin!  Show me the way.

bigbaldpapa is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-09-2010, 08:57 AM   #37
Araxx

Lord

How does someone do >10aa/hour at lv 10-20 ? I just dont get it.

Araxx is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-09-2010, 09:58 AM   #38
Levatino

Loremaster

Araxx wrote:

slider to 100%, doing all the lvl 1 to 20 zone inclusing oppsoing faction and use the xp and aa potions you get/buy. Also use of the RAF is very helpfull

Old 09-09-2010, 11:51 AM   #39
Alvane

Loremaster

Levatino wrote:

Araxx wrote:

slider to 100%, doing all the lvl 1 to 20 zone inclusing oppsoing faction and use the xp and aa potions you get/buy. Also use of the RAF is very helpfull

Also use the vitality potions....... or orb of memories (1 hit per week) if you are a 5 year vet. However, you won't do all those AA quests in 8 different T-1 areas plus villages, sewers & instances in a few hours.

If you really wanna learn how to get some AA - read:

http://forums.station.sony.com/eq2/...topic_id=439000

Old 09-09-2010, 11:59 AM   #40
Yimway

Loremaster

Araxx wrote:

They slow down once they start getting higher in the AA tree.  1-100 goes fast, 140-200 not so much, and 201-250 isn't anywhere near 10/hr while level locked and grinding.

That being said, on the lower side of the tree 10/hr isn't difficult just aoe grinding in a few places in that level range.

Old 09-09-2010, 12:18 PM   #41
JoarAddam

Loremaster

and i thought being 34/75 was awesome.

TBH, you've got some good butchery going on there.  AA is SO much more important than levels.  If you have more than 100aa before 50, you've got a toon that is seriously OP for just about anything you're going to do at level.  160 is all you can spend before 70, but once you hit 70 you already get your TSO endlines...  Which is AWESOME... 

Excellent work.  I hope you really enjoyed it.

You're Your

They're There Their
JoarAddam is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-09-2010, 02:45 PM   #42
Solarax

Loremaster

[email protected] Bayle wrote:

Well this double exp helped me reach my goal of 250aa @ lv 14.  I guess I lv now.

I did have a question though about aa mobs if somebody could fill me in... if your capped on aa and you kill a named with the star (thus not getting any aa until next cap increase) the star should still be there later right?

grats.

i have a lvl 20 conj with 137 and a assassin with 118 ( worked on 2 characters so had to devide time)

as for the question you will not get the initial NPC discovery kill AA as it will show up on your likked already list

Solarax is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-09-2010, 02:59 PM   #43
Kain-UK

Loremaster

[email protected] wrote:

Well this double exp helped me reach my goal of 250aa @ lv 14.  I guess I lv now.

I did have a question though about aa mobs if somebody could fill me in... if your capped on aa and you kill a named with the star (thus not getting any aa until next cap increase) the star should still be there later right?

grats.

i have a lvl 20 conj with 137 and a assassin with 118 ( worked on 2 characters so had to devide time)

as for the question you will not get the initial NPC discovery kill AA as it will show up on your likked already list

Incorrect.

My SK and conjy are both 90/250AA and have come across mobs with the star on them, indicating I haven't killed them for AA yet. I've killed them to progress through the zone and then when I've gone back INTO that zone later, they still have the star.

The only AA you loose from being capped is Quest and Location.

Elnan Tarmikos: 90/250 Shadowknight

Teion Orval: 90/250 Guardian
Kain-UK is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-10-2010, 12:08 PM   #44
Alvane

Loremaster

nm

Old 09-10-2010, 12:11 PM   #45
Barx
Server: Antonia Bayle
Guild: Mayhem

Loremaster

[email protected] wrote:

Did you ever get AA from killing a starred mob the 2nd time or the third time? I bet not!

A white star by the Mobs name simply means it is a named boss that will give AA.

The star goes away for you once you've gotten AA for the mob kill. It's an inidicator that "if you kill this mob and it cons, you could get AA."

With that said, at the AA cap mobs that you kill that con won't lose their star or AA-giving ability because you can't gain anymore AA. The mobs stay off your AA-kills list and once the cap goes up you can go back and kill them for AA.

Barx is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-10-2010, 12:16 PM   #46
Alvane

Loremaster

[email protected] wrote:

Did you ever get AA from killing a starred mob the 2nd time or the third time? I bet not!

A white star by the Mobs name simply means it is a named boss that will give AA.

The star goes away for you once you've gotten AA for the mob kill. It's an inidicator that "if you kill this mob and it cons, you could get AA."

With that said, at the AA cap mobs that you kill that con won't lose their star or AA-giving ability because you can't gain anymore AA. The mobs stay off your AA-kills list and once the cap goes up you can go back and kill them f

Old 09-13-2010, 03:47 PM   #47
urgthock

Loremaster

The only AA you loose from being capped is Quest and Location.

And collection (if you turn them in while capped).

urgthock is offline   Reply With Quote