EQ2 Forum Archive @ EQ2Wire

Go Back   EQ2 Forum Archive @ EQ2Wire > EverQuest II > General EverQuest II Discussion > Tradeskill Discussion
Members List Search Mark Forums Read

Notices

Old 04-21-2008, 12:39 PM   #1
gatrm

Loremaster

Ok, I know this is probably a request from way out in left field, but I still have stacks of those old dusts that you used to get from making spells...back then the dusts were used to make potion or poison vials.  Most of the ones I kept were rares, and they worked essentially the same as the current dusts work- you still get 2 of them from a pristine combine when making a spell and the new ones are still used to make mastercrafted potions and poisons.

The old ones cannot be used to make mastercrafted potions/poisons- but that has never made sense to me, since both discontinued commons and the old processed imbue extracts are able to be substituted for the correct ingredient.

Would it be feasible to allow those old dusts to be used just as the new dusts are used? or should I just dump them...

gatrm is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-21-2008, 01:33 PM   #2
Rijacki

Tester

The old loams from adept III recipes should be usable as the current "dusts".  The loams from apprentice recipes are NPC fodder.Resource Substitution Chart
Old 04-21-2008, 04:22 PM   #3
gatrm

Loremaster

hmm, I'll have to check again, but coulda sworn I had rares that couldn't be used....thanks for the link
gatrm is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-21-2008, 04:45 PM   #4
Rijacki

Tester

gatrm wrote:
hmm, I'll have to check again, but coulda sworn I had rares that couldn't be used....thanks for the link
If you have some that don't work as they should, /bug them.  If they're rare, it does matter.  (If they're not rare, they're worth more sold to an NPC).