EQ2 Forum Archive @ EQ2Wire

Go Back   EQ2 Forum Archive @ EQ2Wire > EverQuest II > General EverQuest II Discussion > General Gameplay Discussion
Members List Search Mark Forums Read

Notices

Old 10-31-2007, 04:07 PM   #1
-=Hoss=-

Loremaster

I'm confused how XP debt works.  I thought I had it figured out, but what happened the other night kinda blew my theory out of the water.  The way i thought it worked was that you could not level while you have any xp debt, and when you earned xp, a certain portion was eaten up to pay off the xp debt.  The other night, I got up to 99.9% to level, and in my rush (hey dinner was ready) I racked up about 2% xp debt real quick instead of the new level.  So, I gave up, and after dinner, I went and did the haunted house quest, because I was told by a guildmate that he earned about 3% xp from doing it.  Anyway, I dinged while I was in the house, just before I got to the last step in the attic, and I still had 2% xp debt.  So what gives?  Obviously I was way off on how it works.  Either that or this was a bug.  Should i have reported it?  -h
-=Hoss=- is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-31-2007, 04:22 PM   #2
LordPazuzu

Loremaster

When you accrue debt, a certain percentage of xp gained from quests and killing is deducted from the amount awarded into your xp pool and used to "pay off" the debt.  So basically your overall xp gain is reduced while in debt, but this does not prohibit you from leveling.
LordPazuzu is offline   Reply With Quote