EQ2 Forum Archive @ EQ2Wire

Go Back   EQ2 Forum Archive @ EQ2Wire > EverQuest II > Class Discussion > Scout's Den > Swashbuckler
Members List Search Mark Forums Read

Notices

Old 11-14-2004, 01:29 AM   #1
Declare

I've just become a Rogue, and I have a choice of some nice dual wield weapons. One is the Kukri which uses the sword skill, and the other is the dagger, which uses the (duh) dagger skill.So, which should I be advancing in? When I become a Swashbuckler, am I going to want to leave the daggers behind and go more towards swords? Are there any special Swash items later that are more classic "Swashbuckler" weapons, like rapiers?
Declare is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-14-2004, 05:11 PM   #2
Erasm

General

Dagger and sword go up automatically. All weapon types to. These only determine what you can equip.

The skills that must be raised are Slashing, piercing, and ranged ( as far as scout weapons are concerned). So all slahsing weapons share the slashing skill, and all piercing weapons share the piercing skill. Keep a piercing weapon in one hand and a slashing weapon in the other to raise them both SMILEY
Erasm is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-15-2004, 05:45 PM   #3
Draigo

Loremaster

some skills have a higher cap per level , just check your skill list  and check caps/skill level for pierce/slash

ps

2 rapiers will always look cool SMILEY

Message Edited by Draigo on 11-15-2004 04:46 AM

Putting the rat in Norrath

Draigo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-19-2004, 03:53 PM   #4
Bihl

Yeah, I love my two rapiers.  Looks very awesome.
Bihl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-20-2004, 02:47 AM   #5
Naggyba

I try to keep slashing AND piercing up. There are times i get a sword that is better and times I get a dagger or rapier that is better. For awhile, I used 2 whips (slashing) and now I use a dagger and a rapier.

Message Edited by Naggybait on 11-19-2004 04:48 PM

Naggyba is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-20-2004, 09:42 PM   #6
Biscuet

Loremaster

Don't know about you guys but between making poison and trying to lvl and get new abilities(improvements)  I cannot afford to buy arrows for my bow=p  I barely have enough for spells and new gear etc.

Biscuet

Message Edited by Biscuet on 11-20-2004 08:43 AM

Old 11-22-2004, 01:59 PM   #7
Q7

I'm level 14 and the cost of poisons has gone up to 3S a piece. No way I can afford that in the long run if the price keeps ramping up like that which is a real shame but arrows at 2cp each are bearable.
Q7 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-26-2004, 12:36 AM   #8
Erasm

General

What poison can you use at 3sp at level 14? Dont ever buy poison from players SMILEY And dont make it yourself either... its a rip off for now. Grab yourself the 50 skill 26cp Acidic goo. Cant go wrong.

Im using my swashy rapier and an iron rapier for the moment. I think Im gonna grab a Kukri or short sword for my off hand to keep skill capped.

BTW, When you get to thundering steppes ( level 18ish for a duo) you can start making some real money. Normal mob loot ranges from 1s-15s.
Erasm is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-26-2004, 05:24 PM   #9
Valknir

Loremaster

I use Rapier and dagger and its a pretty awesome look!

Valknir - Hunter of Undeads
First Spanish Swashbuckler
--Alianza Hispana--
Crushbone Server
Valknir is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-26-2004, 09:17 PM   #10
Oztu

I use both. I may find a super slashing (or piercing) weapon, say at lvl 47 and not being able to use it efficiently would be embarrassing and waste of time. Besides, skills go up very fast, you can easily max them both. My advice is get a piercing wep on one hand and slashing wep on the other, this way you can improve both skills at the same time. Demirturk - lvl 12 rogue - Qeynos (Server:Runnyeye)
Oztu is offline   Reply With Quote