EQ2 Forum Archive @ EQ2Wire

Go Back   EQ2 Forum Archive @ EQ2Wire > EverQuest II > Class Discussion > Scout's Den > Swashbuckler
Members List Search Mark Forums Read

Notices

Old 11-16-2004, 02:24 AM   #1
TitoLandrum

Loremaster

Are you guys using the bow or thrown weps?  And if you are using thrown weps, do you just need a satchel type thing to carry them?  And should i even be concentrating on ranged attacks as a swashie wannabe?
TitoLandrum is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-16-2004, 11:50 AM   #2
Monr

General

Up tp you i guess if you wanna have a ranged..I do as it doesnt hurt to have.
We got an ability (at 18 i think) that is a ranged ability, and I was pumped to use my daggers with it. Sadly, you had to use a bow so I sold my satchel and my throwing daggers and snagged a bow.
Kinda dumb that the ability doesnt work with ranged items period, but oh well.
Monr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-16-2004, 01:44 PM   #3
Q7

How intriguing! I've seen the merchant selling bandoliers to carry throwing axes etc but as I picked up a quest bow at 11 I've just stuck with archery. Anyone tried throwing weapons? Could a throwing knife be poisoned, that would be very nice!
Q7 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-17-2004, 05:12 AM   #4
Erasm

General

weapons arent poisoned ( depite it being the common sense thing). Poison goes off regardless of hit/miss whatever. Quite often I get a double proc from poison when shooting my bow ( kiting mobs around).

Erasm is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-17-2004, 10:08 PM   #5
Vesko

Loremaster

I just heard that you need a bow to use that special ability and have to confess that I am a little ripped about it. Will be curious to see how much extra damage it does as I would really like to stick with throwing knifes instead of a bow. If it is that big of a difference(which I imagine it will be) I will make the switch...but really saw my swashbuckler using the knifes through his career.
Vesko is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-18-2004, 03:08 AM   #6
Erasm

General

The special attack you get for bows is 2 extra attacks, separate from your normal shot count, and reduces mob power ( the first one does anyway).

I hit for 45 + 40 + 50 ( last was normal bow shot). Granted, that was a lucky shot. Next time I did 13+ 13+ 25. But it has alot of potential ( my bow does 10-70 dmg.. hows that for range?)

Old 11-18-2004, 09:26 AM   #7
Rano

Loremaster

Monroe wrote:
Up tp you i guess if you wanna have a ranged..I do as it doesnt hurt to have.
We got an ability (at 18 i think) that is a ranged ability, and I was pumped to use my daggers with it. Sadly, you had to use a bow so I sold my satchel and my throwing daggers and snagged a bow.
Kinda dumb that the ability doesnt work with ranged items period, but oh well.

What?  I asked a Swashbuckler in game and they said that that ability that shoots two shots works for any ranged weapon...
Rano is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-19-2004, 12:22 AM   #8
Erasm

General

Must be new to the patch. I guess it was intended to work with any ranged weapon.

Now it says

"Need a bow" When I try and use it.

Im using Gregors Old Bow and Iron Hunting Arrows... So I /bugged it again. Its unusable for me now.
Old 11-25-2004, 09:05 PM   #9
flavour1

I am getting the same problem and the same message as you when trying to use the "Strangling Shot" skill.
I have a bow in my ranged slot, but the skill doesn't want to work--

anyone else having this problem?
Garrett
flavour1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-26-2004, 12:27 AM   #10
Erasm

General

Yes, strangling shot has been broken since the first big patch.