EQ2 Forum Archive @ EQ2Wire

Go Back   EQ2 Forum Archive @ EQ2Wire > EverQuest II > General EverQuest II Discussion > General Gameplay Discussion
Members List Search Mark Forums Read

Notices

Old 05-11-2008, 10:56 PM   #1
Katariel
Server: Befallen
Guild: Legion of Legend

Loremaster

If you had to pick one detail about anything involving the game, what "minor" issue would you like to see changed?

- My little detail is that when I cast a group buff, the hotkey doesn't grey out. Some group buffs do grey out, some others do not.

When it is a single target (raid or group friend) buff, I understand why it would not grey out.  Makes alot of sense considering you can recast it on some other friend, or yourself possibly.

But a group buff (that does not have a purpose other than being casted *once*) staying on my hotbar like a little beacon, begging me to take the time to make sure it was casted in the first place... Well, this is an perfectionist's nightmare, when the buttons aren't all working the sanme way.

Minor detail amidst the millions of other things, but this is my detail, lol!

Kat : )

Katariel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-12-2008, 01:43 AM   #2
Svann

Loremaster

I think if the puller pulls a bunch of mobs into the group the group should get proximity agro even if the puller FD's.  As it is, if no one does anything the mobs will just reset.  Stuff like that makes the game too easy.
Svann is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-12-2008, 01:43 AM   #3
Spyderbite
Server: Venekor
Guild: Dark Vengeance

Loremaster

[email protected] wrote:

If you had to pick one detail about anything involving the game, what "minor" issue would you like to see changed?

One minor thing that annoys me.. There is a hot key for targeting the nearest hostile PvP target. However, it works no differently than the Tab key and still makes you cycle through every NPC and Mob on the screen until you finally target the player. And, usually its the last one on the list.. and well after they've knocked you down to 50% health. :/
Spyderbite is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-12-2008, 01:55 AM   #4
Oleary
Server: The Bazaar

Loremaster

I know I've seen it posted elsewhere, but the voices on many of the NPC's are defaulting to what seems to be the worst, 80 y/o, chain smoking, glass gargling choice there is. 
Oleary is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-12-2008, 05:32 AM   #5
Killerbee3000

Loremaster

I would completly scrap the engine and buy another one and redo itemization from scratch... ohh wait, minor issue....

I would add a gnoll in QH that would do nothing else but chase nathan ironforge around, he wasnt funny 3 years ago and still isnt.

Killerbee3000 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-12-2008, 05:55 AM   #6
Wyrmypops

Loremaster

Hmm, so many little things. No big things, just got a a heap of little things.

Remove the spikes from Warg saddles - they go through a cloak.

Return crafted Spathas, Sabres and Assault Axes - they were popular, much loved graphics.  Just checked the GU45 previes on EQ2TC, blimey, Domino's gooood.

Add weapon slots to the appearance tab - we're getting so many lovely new weapons with lush graphics, but the stats don't live up to the looks. Makes as much sense as visually wearing a robe over bulky plate.

Add charm slots to the appearance tab - for torches. And could slap an overwriting mount in there, so could appear to ride a pretty horse while getting the benefit of whatever the latest hot mount is actually used.

Set up a submission system, (through a thread or competition), whereby the community can provide graphic ideas, inspiration and feedback.

Finish that ruddy skeletal revamp - I've gotten grey hairs since it started.

Add racial dances.

Add quest lines in imagery rich areas, ultimately rewarding new armour/clothes dripping with that imagery. For example: furs from Everfrost, lava designs from the Drednevers of Sol Eye

Grab a few voice actors with a knack for impersonation - flesh out the existing voices to cover more of the emotes. /roar

Add a short cut through Everfrost (an icy sled) to the back end where Permafrost and ice islands are, and another to the Feerott (swinging vines) to Cazic Thule - mirroring the portal Lavastorm has and the catapult in Zek.

Add some fun spells for the upper tiers.

Group up some of the overland Kunarkian mobs (dropping an arrow or two obviously) so folk can dust off their encounter based abilities and not get so bored of single target encounter after single target encounter.

Akin to the Hooluk Hat quest, work up a few "customised" graphics for those epics that have generated significant negative feedback. The Zerkers gnomic plumbing device comes to mind.

Old 05-12-2008, 06:28 AM   #7
Ishina

Champion

Add a lay down emote.Change the way mounts move across terrain. Right now, the mount stays horizontal, even when going up or down an incline... whats that all about? + some others already mentioned.
Old 05-12-2008, 07:25 AM   #8
Grimlux

Loremaster

I would get rid of 24 man raiding and make it all x2.
Grimlux is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-12-2008, 10:30 AM   #9
Zarador

Loremaster

Somehow...some way, make it so an NPC knows when they have already said something to you.  Make it an option, maybe "Click off NPC Alzheimer" so I don't have to hear "I don't say this very often but..." 10,000 times. 
Zarador is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-12-2008, 11:03 AM   #10
Rijacki

Tester

- Allow arasai and fae wings to show again in illusion, but make it something that can be toggled.- Give ratongas of both races the option for whiskers with other stuff on their face or without -and- have the whiskers stay even when putting on a hood or helmet.- Clean up more of the clipping through issues.. especially arasai/fae and mounts or cloaks... but there are horrid clipping issues all over.- Add in fae, arasai, and sarnak illusions.BUT, these aren't "little details".  Other than the fae/arasai wings in illusion, they would take a bit of coding, and the fae/arasai wings being toggable in illusion would take coding, too.  Not a little change at all.
Old 05-12-2008, 11:17 AM   #11
Wyrmypops

Loremaster

Some more.

On plate armour, replace the central waist plate with the botton of a visible chain shirt, or codpiece. Those existing plates have clipping issues, and always will because it'd be impossible to move with a plate of metal like that between the legs.

Remove that peculiar strip of metal on plate shoulders. It serves no positive purpose ('t'would actually catch and steer a blow in rather than deflect it), and looks weird.

Make a quest. Qeynosians have to rescue Nathan Ironforge from Freeport (and vice versa in Freeport has a version). He's actually being kept by Gnolls after curiousity got the better of him. Upon completion we never, ever, get to hear that whining brat ask his asinine questions again.

Grant status tokens and small (very) effect on the stroppy factions they relate to. And return those status tokens to granting guild status no matter the guild level - it didn't prevent guilds buying tokens to level up, they just bought high level tokens, it merely impacts low level characters in being able to contribute to the guild.

Grab the dev that made the existing /dance emote and film them performing it themself.

Old 05-12-2008, 11:38 AM   #12
Katariel
Server: Befallen
Guild: Legion of Legend

Loremaster

Wyrmypops wrote:

Remove the spikes from Warg saddles - they go through a cloak.

I forgot about this detail, it does look funny.

Add quest lines in imagery rich areas, ultimately rewarding new armour/clothes dripping with that imagery. For example: furs from Everfrost, lava designs from the Drednevers of Sol Eye

This would be incredible. I love the themes you chose. SMILEY

Add a short cut through Everfrost (an icy sled) to the back end where Permafrost and ice islands are, and another to the Feerott (swinging vines) to Cazic Thule - mirroring the portal Lavastorm has and the catapult in Zek.

Yup, lets never mind rebuilding the Druid rings and Griffon Towers... I vote for Sleds and Vines!

Add some fun spells for the upper tiers.

Oooohhhh. Those Fun Spells were so much...er....fun!

This was a fun list. Thank you!

Kat : )

Katariel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-12-2008, 12:16 PM   #13
LordPazuzu

Loremaster

I'd rename "Stormhold" to "Befallen" and put it in the Commonlands....  For some reason that seems better to me.
LordPazuzu is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-12-2008, 12:29 PM   #14
Miladi

General

I'd change targetting with the Tab key to NOT target harvest nodes or non-combatant NPC's, or have the nearest enemy key to do this and leave TAB as it is. Because right now, as was mentioned above, it cycles thru things on the screen that A) aren't hostiles, B) aren't even NPC's, C) aren't on the screen at all sometimes (such as behind you), C) Aren't the nearest hostiles to you either.

My computer specs:

Intel E8400 processor @3.0 GHz
2 GB G-Skill PC2-8500 RAM @1066MHz
320GB Samsung SATA2 HDD 3GB/s
Gigabyte GA-EP35-DS3L Motherboard
OCZ StealthXStream 600W PS (4 x 12v [email protected]/rail)
ECS N8800GT-512MX GeForce 8800GT w/512MB GDDR3 RAM
Vista Ultimate 32bit

Miladi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-12-2008, 12:29 PM   #15
Miladi

General

[email protected] DLere wrote:
I'd rename "Stormhold" to "Befallen" and put it in the Commonlands....  For some reason that seems better to me.
I'd second that.

My computer specs:

Intel E8400 processor @3.0 GHz
2 GB G-Skill PC2-8500 RAM @1066MHz
320GB Samsung SATA2 HDD 3GB/s
Gigabyte GA-EP35-DS3L Motherboard
OCZ StealthXStream 600W PS (4 x 12v [email protected]/rail)
ECS N8800GT-512MX GeForce 8800GT w/512MB GDDR3 RAM
Vista Ultimate 32bit

Miladi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-12-2008, 12:35 PM   #16
Transen

Loremaster

Allow human male facial hair to show when hoods on robes are up (even the eyebrows dissappear).Add an infinite loop (with an option to turn off) to the music boxes (zone music starts up when box is turned off).Disable zone music when turning on a snowglobes music (and the same options as stated regarding music boxes).Seperate music file for inhouse music in Gorowyn (for customization purposes).An Option to turn off cloth animation for players/npc's but remain on for enviroment effects (like the sails on the boats).Already been mentioned but:Return the racial voice-over hail responses to the proper npcs.   No way a wood/half/highelf female is supposed to sound like a female dwarf nor a human/halfling/gnome male supposed to sound like a male dwarf (check any griffon station for a prime example).
Old 05-12-2008, 01:08 PM   #17
Svann

Loremaster

I wish I didnt lose my target when I open a door or chest.  I keep the tank targetted for cast thru, and when I open a door I sometimes forget to retarget him and then i cast my buff on myself instead of the tank.
Svann is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-12-2008, 02:57 PM   #18
DCarnage2

Loremaster

Make walls block out of encounter AEs.

And make it so mobs can't run through walls or floors etc...  I can understand if it's a ghost or something like that but fleshy mobs shouldn't be able to walk through walls without a spell of some sort.

80 Defiler

Kithicor
DCarnage2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-12-2008, 03:09 PM   #19
Rashaak

Loremaster

Svann wrote:
I think if the puller pulls a bunch of mobs into the group the group should get proximity agro even if the puller FD's.  As it is, if no one does anything the mobs will just reset.  Stuff like that makes the game too easy.
This mechanic used to be in-game....but am glad it was removed.
Rashaak is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-12-2008, 03:31 PM   #20
Rashaak

Loremaster

If you buy more of the same food/drink you already are using, have it automatically go to your food/drink slots.

Get rid of the skirt graphic on plate and chain. It looks ugly, not to mention doesn't move, so it goes right through your toons leg when running, yet it disappears when your on a mount..so just remove it all together.

Rashaak is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-12-2008, 03:57 PM   #21
Kiara-

Loremaster

ahem.

purple.  flamey.  nightmare.

that is all.

**edit - oh and i'd have the gorram tradeskill writ givers in frelling neriak stop switching places on me all the bloody time!!  They do the old swaparoo and if I'm not paying attention i get the wrong kind of writ and they really just need to make up their minds or get stools or something if their legs hurt.  Stupid mens.  HMPH.

Old 05-13-2008, 03:04 PM   #22
Malleable

Scholar

Let groups harvest the same node.  I understand locking out others so you dont have all this fighting over mobs, but when you are grouped, why not let everyone help out.Vanguard had group harvesting where you actually gained more of the resource from a node by group harvesting. Very good feature IMO.Mal
Malleable is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-13-2008, 03:13 PM   #23
KBern

Loremaster

The ability to use a /pause XX command for hot keys.
Old 05-13-2008, 03:17 PM   #24
rvbarton

Loremaster

larger chesticles on the female figures!
rvbarton is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-13-2008, 03:19 PM   #25
rvbarton

Loremaster

Kiara wrote:

i'd have the gorram tradeskill writ givers in frelling neriak stop switching places on me all the bloody time!! 

SHINY!
rvbarton is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-13-2008, 03:24 PM   #26
Jovie
Server: Guk

Can't decide...

Make the non named dungeon mobs more solo friendly. Leave the nameds alone, that is fine, but open the majority of the dungeon space up to solo/duo/trio so that we can see them, do them, collect shineys in them and appreciate them.
Jovie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-13-2008, 05:16 PM   #27
Morgane
Server: Everfrost
Guild: Bloodforged Legacy

Loremaster

I agree with the poster who mentioned taking the spikes off the warg saddles... got rid of my fancy Warg because of that.

I'd like to be able to sit my toon in a chair.

Would like to see a few house items fixed so that when you set them down on something it doesn't look like it's floating in mid-air.

Would like an ability to choose which collection quests to turn in at one time.

Morgane is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-13-2008, 05:45 PM   #28
Korpo

Loremaster

Fix the bug with custom UIs that show ward amount or triggers remaining, where the UI shows incorrect numbers like half the time.Before anyone misunderstands, this problem is SOE's to fix, not the modder's. EQ2 is reporting numbers that don't make sense, and the mod has no way to know whether they make sense or not.Edit: I think this may actually have been fixed. I didn't see a single instance of bad numbers all last night, despite 6hrs of raiding. It took about half a dozen live updates, but it may actually be good to go. Woots?
Old 05-13-2008, 05:51 PM   #29
Amphibia

Loremaster

House item limit. I wish it could be raised further, preferably by a lot.Very grateful for the pocket expander, it helped. But I still feel I have to watch the item counter like a hawk when I'm trying to decorate. It would be so much more fun if this wasn't an issue.

Amphibia is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-14-2008, 05:56 AM   #30
Wyrmypops

Loremaster

Upon placing house pets, have them leashed a short distance from that point - preventing them wandering all over the place and ensuring specifically placed pets stay within the appropriate area.