EQ2 Forum Archive @ EQ2Wire

 

Go Back   EQ2 Forum Archive @ EQ2Wire > EverQuest II > General EverQuest II Discussion > PVP Discussion
Members List Search Mark Forums Read

Notices

Reply
 
Thread Tools
Old 08-23-2012, 10:39 PM   #1
latesttoon

Loremaster
 
Join Date: Jan 2009
Posts: 59
Default

Please FIX..

example of exploit (although maybe a strong word)

if a Cleric is in gears/openworld PVP... he can cast DG before he or his group enters pvp combat, and have the full PVE benefit of DG in PVP.. i.e. NOT 10 Triggers.

this means the group is invulverable for 20 seconds ? (not sure the exact duration).

I know this has been the case for a while.. but it really needs a fix... as the first 20seconds of a fight are the most important, especially when you pop all your temps at the start... 

This happens in open world PVP also, and if you do not have a cleric who does the same, then it usually mean certain instant death against a stacked group, and you cannot harm them.

Also.. I have to say it.. but immaculate instant revive full hp/power is overpowered in PVP if you do not have a cleric in the group.

or Druids need something similar (don't say rebirth is similar)... as there is now raid pvp, x2s, x3s, x4s... it is impossible you could kill these raids even if you managed to burn down the healers.. as they can just cast this spell and be back up, + all the other revives available... this is the same situation in a 6 v 6 with 2 healers in each group.. the group with the cleric has a massive advantage due to immaculate revival.. just my perception of PVP over a long time . You could say, "well get a cleric".. but does that mean you must always have a Cleric as the primary healer in a 6 v 6 (or more) in order to win (if evenly skilled players).. a shaman + druid is always going to be at a massive disadvantage to a Cleric + Any other healer.

Thanks

PVP Player 342

latesttoon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-23-2012, 11:42 PM   #2
Baackdoor

Hero
Baackdoor's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2012
Posts: 27
Default

Just time your temps better. Big surprise there.

__________________
Originally Posted by Beandip



Devils, Every second of effort you've ever put into this video game has resulted in sheer failure, having you saying you just need a good monk is comparable to a [Removed for Content] saying you just need smarts.
Baackdoor is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-24-2012, 03:57 AM   #3
Crismorn

Loremaster
Crismorn's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2006
Location: Vancouver
Posts: 2,840
Default

It has always worked like this, just like every other ability in eq2.

Crismorn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-24-2012, 06:39 AM   #4
latesttoon

Loremaster
 
Join Date: Jan 2009
Posts: 59
Default

@Baackdoor

eh?... if it takes a heavy dps group 15 seconds to kill you, and they are invulnerable for 20seconds.. there is not much you can do by timing temps... maybe you could use all your AoE immunes and let them save theirs till DG has worn off.

@Davionxx

yes it has, except previously only the duration in PVP was reduced.. so by casting it before you engaged you got the PVE duration...... BUT now, Divine Guindance only has 10 Triggers-- unless you use this exploit, which means invulnerability to the group + PVE duration

latesttoon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-24-2012, 03:16 PM   #5
Baackdoor

Hero
Baackdoor's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2012
Posts: 27
Default

it's not really an exploit. so not sure why you keep calling it that.

__________________
Originally Posted by Beandip



Devils, Every second of effort you've ever put into this video game has resulted in sheer failure, having you saying you just need a good monk is comparable to a [Removed for Content] saying you just need smarts.
Baackdoor is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-24-2012, 05:37 PM   #6
Daalilama
Server: Nagafen
Guild: Illuminati
Rank: Senior Officer

Loremaster
Daalilama's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2006
Posts: 437
Default

latesttoon wrote:

Please FIX..

example of exploit (although maybe a strong word)

if a Cleric is in gears/openworld PVP... he can cast DG before he or his group enters pvp combat, and have the full PVE benefit of DG in PVP.. i.e. NOT 10 Triggers.

this means the group is invulverable for 20 seconds ? (not sure the exact duration).

I know this has been the case for a while.. but it really needs a fix... as the first 20seconds of a fight are the most important, especially when you pop all your temps at the start... 

This happens in open world PVP also, and if you do not have a cleric who does the same, then it usually mean certain instant death against a stacked group, and you cannot harm them.

Also.. I have to say it.. but immaculate instant revive full hp/power is overpowered in PVP if you do not have a cleric in the group.

or Druids need something similar (don't say rebirth is similar)... as there is now raid pvp, x2s, x3s, x4s... it is impossible you could kill these raids even if you managed to burn down the healers.. as they can just cast this spell and be back up, + all the other revives available... this is the same situation in a 6 v 6 with 2 healers in each group.. the group with the cleric has a massive advantage due to immaculate revival.. just my perception of PVP over a long time . You could say, "well get a cleric".. but does that mean you must always have a Cleric as the primary healer in a 6 v 6 (or more) in order to win (if evenly skilled players).. a shaman + druid is always going to be at a massive disadvantage to a Cleric + Any other healer.

Thanks

PVP Player 342

LOL crying to get a standard mechanic changed just so you are happy has about as much chance of being addressed as SOE addressing the long broken game mechanics/classes/etc.  DG used to be pretty powerful in pvp now after 2 successful nerfs its meh....however your primary complaint stems from the fact that a cleric popped it before him or his grp was engaed in pvp (oh no not another smart player) and got the full benefit of that ability.  Same can be said of just about any temp ability from any class.   As for immaculate revival....I would be very careful trying to get this nerfed as its not op however I have seen quite a few poorly skilled players call for immediate nerfs to incombat rezes (primarily healers) and put them on 30 min timers at best if not out right remove them.  SOE is notoriously known for slippery slope nerfs.

P.S. why is it players consistently try and get healers nerfed so they can try and get back to the 30 sec pvp fights group or otherwise.  L2Play

Daalilama is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-24-2012, 09:30 PM   #7
Malleria

Loremaster
 
Join Date: Mar 2009
Posts: 163
Default

latesttoon wrote:

p.s. i dont need to learn to play although from your name (which i've never heard of), i think, YOU need to L2P

From the person posting anonymously. Brilliant 

Malleria is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-24-2012, 09:57 PM   #8
latesttoon

Loremaster
 
Join Date: Jan 2009
Posts: 59
Default

thanks SMILEY

latesttoon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-25-2012, 01:19 AM   #9
Daalilama
Server: Nagafen
Guild: Illuminati
Rank: Senior Officer

Loremaster
Daalilama's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2006
Posts: 437
Default

latesttoon wrote:

*Please do not quote form violations*

Hmm really so your played a templar for more than 7 years on pvp servers? Or have played on pvp servers?  Aside from making me chuckle a bit (always get a laugh when someone gets called on their misconceptions...as for knowing more about my class than me whatever man...keep staying anon)

If you truely believe DG popped before pvp is engaged is op (DG will not stop a smart directed effort by one group to kill another...it makes it harder but not impossible) then I suggest you may want to take a hard look at every classes temp abilities and compare them and I guess the your nerf line forms at the left.

My assumption that you are either a new player to the naggy server or an old player on a blue server who's pvp experience stems from a year or so of battleground runs...regardless I'll give you a serious golf clap.

Daalilama is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-25-2012, 05:55 AM   #10
Baackdoor

Hero
Baackdoor's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2012
Posts: 27
Default

I wish people weren't so ignorant =/ just because you are bad at dps in whatever "pvp" group you run doesnt mean healers need more nerfs. pls go.

__________________
Originally Posted by Beandip



Devils, Every second of effort you've ever put into this video game has resulted in sheer failure, having you saying you just need a good monk is comparable to a [Removed for Content] saying you just need smarts.
Baackdoor is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-25-2012, 08:56 AM   #11
latesttoon

Loremaster
 
Join Date: Jan 2009
Posts: 59
Default

well i'm not very new, our group has been successful in PVP since the start, and has lost no 6 v 6 in over 1 year.

Previously to that when i played then, we virtually never lost in PVP either... and yes, we can DPS.

Because someone is anonymous, don't assume they are "new"

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=nMiUdcPsUuI

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=QrqbT6YaxAA

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9nTeBVlts74

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7_EHs5K7TCA

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0oH1q0rKezA

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=CQlZ...j8&feature=plcp

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fZlhKqU7GVg

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=BxctQsiReCg

thanks

latesttoon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-25-2012, 02:24 PM   #12
latesttoon

Loremaster
 
Join Date: Jan 2009
Posts: 59
Default

being ignorant about game mechanics = denying DG being cast just before engaging in PVP combat is np

latesttoon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-25-2012, 03:41 PM   #13
latesttoon

Loremaster
 
Join Date: Jan 2009
Posts: 59
Default

Actually as I said being ignorant = focusing on DG being cast prior to being engaged in pvp while ignoring every other classes temp buffs,

give me example of something comparable

And again if you cant kill a group for the oh no 20 secs that DG is up and not affected by pvp rulesets means you have no clue on pvp tactics and clearly lack an understanding group strategy.

eh? you can't kill the group if they have DG UP when exploited in this way --- unless you had perfect single target DPS on one character of which every attack does over the proc size of DG.. which.. is going to be practically impossible.

trollmuch? or just extremely ignorant and have no clue about PVP in eq2??

p.s. do you want some tips on how to play your toon even though i've never played a templar?

latesttoon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-25-2012, 04:30 PM   #14
Davngr1

Loremaster
 
Join Date: Nov 2005
Posts: 2,179
Default

not an exploit since you can't use it while in combat.

__________________
Davngr1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-25-2012, 04:52 PM   #15
latesttoon

Loremaster
 
Join Date: Jan 2009
Posts: 59
Default

Just off the top of my head, focused aim by rangers, 

Terrible example considering it is not what it used to be... the worst example ever i'm afraid.. wow, did you stop playing?

in addition, it's not comparable at all to DG even if it was like it was a while back.

Getting upset about a percieved exploit when there isnt one because person Y in group B popped a temp buff before you and your group could engage is really kinda sad

not upset at all i'm afraid, the few times it's happened, they still died... mainly due to the fact that it's been in Gears, or in the wild vs duos and treos..  it will be a required FIX

In addition, this same sort of unchanged ability/buff mechanic does the same thing with deity heals, nuke, etc.

great, so you have some additions to the required changes (probably mischief maker can be cast before you engage)

The fact is smart pvp players or groups read the buffs and can adjust strats based up this (you could dispell or slow up dps to buy time till it ends and those are a few standard tactics).

EDIT: i don't think you have fought against a good DPS group.. in 20seconds your entire group will be dead against a good group.. where do you PVP? have you ever?..

So you want to allow an A Team HIGH DPS group lash out dps on your group while you sit back and wait for it to wear off (without broken DG) for 20seconds? ... so you want the none dg groups healers/tank to use all their temps to stay alive (if they can, which is unlikely)

then when DG is off, the non DG group goes full dps? 

that's like playing russian rulette with 5 bullets in the gun, and saying, "i'll go first"

since DG has been introduced to Clerics i have never seen in dispelled, even though we have tried to dispell it probably more times than you have zoned into KP itself

You most definetly have no idea about PVP tactics or i would have seen you pvping and beign successful

also, you being a templar and trying to stop a clearly broken mechanic from being fixed, states that you are terrible Probably you are one of those people that used to go around one shottted people with god spells as you couldn't understand pvp strategies and tactics, and needed to use lame tricks to win.

The fact is smart pvp players or groups read the buffs

still laughing at this, and you are a smart player?

latesttoon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-25-2012, 04:53 PM   #16
latesttoon

Loremaster
 
Join Date: Jan 2009
Posts: 59
Default

Davngr1 wrote:

not an exploit since you can't use it while in combat.

ok.. it's not really an exploit.. but it is an important problem that needs to be fixed.

latesttoon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-25-2012, 05:10 PM   #17
latesttoon

Loremaster
 
Join Date: Jan 2009
Posts: 59
Default

I've just thought of a FIX for this:

a long time ago, Defilers used to cast soul ward on themselves so they were under 50% hp so they could not lose fame in PVP...

the fix was this:

you cannot use the ability until you enter combat.

of course you could get around it.. but it would be much harder when time is of the essence

latesttoon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-25-2012, 05:27 PM   #18
Crismorn

Loremaster
Crismorn's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2006
Location: Vancouver
Posts: 2,840
Default

That would hurt the ability in pve content, soul warding then healing to full pre-pull should not take place which is why it was changed.  DG has a HP % boost that is important for on inc pve content.

Your only chance is to put the cleric into combat before he uses the ability or spike them down with big hits, dont just run into them and run through your pve cast order or obviously you wuill just heal them up over and over or wait the ~14s.

Unless SoE can make it so abilities change based on in/out dmg during combat which will fix all abilities/temp buffs from pve > pvp.  making DG only usable in combat would damage its use in pve content as its nothing like soul warding for a ton of survivability pre-pull

Crismorn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-25-2012, 05:37 PM   #19
latesttoon

Loremaster
 
Join Date: Jan 2009
Posts: 59
Default

Crismorn wrote:

That would hurt the ability in pve content, soul warding then healing to full pre-pull should not take place which is why it was changed.  DG has a HP % boost that is important for on inc pve content.

Your only chance is to put the cleric into combat before he uses the ability or spike them down with big hits, dont just run into them and run through your pve cast order or obviously you wuill just heal them up over and over or wait the ~14s.

Unless SoE can make it so abilities change based on in/out dmg during combat which will fix all abilities/temp buffs from pve > pvp.  making DG only usable in combat would damage its use in pve content as its nothing like soul warding for a ton of survivability pre-pull

yes the only option at the moment is to try to put an arrow in them.. but 90% of the time, a good stacked group waiting to charge a 6 v 6 will normally hide the healers at the back, wihch means running in almost melee range to reach them, by which time its to late as they think you are charging to engage... you can of course do a fake charge, which people used to do so the other team would burn their temps (sanctuary etc)..

edit: burning them down really is too hard with standard heals and deathsaves going off at the same time... maybe an assassin + wizard combo could do it.. but the problem now, is even 1 auto attack probably procs it off numerous times and is way under the size of the DG heal.

maybe it would dmg clerics in PVE... but a solution is needed as it is clearly BAD for pvp.

latesttoon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-25-2012, 11:13 PM   #20
Avirodar
Server: Oasis
Guild: Tyranny
Rank: Champion

Loremaster
Avirodar's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2005
Posts: 2,035
Default

latesttoon wrote:

Crismorn wrote:

That would hurt the ability in pve content, soul warding then healing to full pre-pull should not take place which is why it was changed.  DG has a HP % boost that is important for on inc pve content.

Your only chance is to put the cleric into combat before he uses the ability or spike them down with big hits, dont just run into them and run through your pve cast order or obviously you wuill just heal them up over and over or wait the ~14s.

Unless SoE can make it so abilities change based on in/out dmg during combat which will fix all abilities/temp buffs from pve > pvp.  making DG only usable in combat would damage its use in pve content as its nothing like soul warding for a ton of survivability pre-pull

yes the only option at the moment is to try to put an arrow in them.. but 90% of the time, a good stacked group waiting to charge a 6 v 6 will normally hide the healers at the back, wihch means running in almost melee range to reach them, by which time its to late as they think you are charging to engage... you can of course do a fake charge, which people used to do so the other team would burn their temps (sanctuary etc)..

edit: burning them down really is too hard with standard heals and deathsaves going off at the same time... maybe an assassin + wizard combo could do it.. but the problem now, is even 1 auto attack probably procs it off numerous times and is way under the size of the DG heal.

maybe it would dmg clerics in PVE... but a solution is needed as it is clearly BAD for pvp.

I almost ended up with coffee on my screen. But thank you for making me laugh. You clearly have no idea how reactives work. And you clearly have no idea that PVP in EQ2 is a washed up side project. No change should ever happen, to any class, to any ability, that affects PVE, because of PVP.EQ2 was built from the ground up, to be a PVE game. Yes, PVP was a slapped-on-afterthought. If SOE tries to make any changes to the game as a whole, to cater to PVP gameplay, there is only one inevitable result. This is because the SOE EQ2 team lacks the manpower and experience to do it correctly.Anyway, grats on trying to imply that your an unbeatable PVP guru, that does not even know how reactives work, yet is standing here calling for a reactive to be nerfed. I'll take Daali's advice long before your own.

__________________
Templar of Oasis
Avirodar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-25-2012, 11:22 PM   #21
latesttoon

Loremaster
 
Join Date: Jan 2009
Posts: 59
Default

in pvp, it needs fixing

obviously you have no idea how reactives work in pvp when hit with dualweild autoattack, and how much it hits for after the current patch in comparison to how much DG heals for.. 

go back to pve board

latesttoon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-25-2012, 11:38 PM   #22
Avirodar
Server: Oasis
Guild: Tyranny
Rank: Champion

Loremaster
Avirodar's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2005
Posts: 2,035
Default

latesttoon wrote:

in pvp, it needs fixing

obviously you have no idea how reactives work in pvp when hit with dualweild autoattack, and how much it hits for after the current patch in comparison to how much DG heals for.. 

go back to pve board

I know exactly how reactives work, including with dual wield. I am not the one guessing (as you did a few posts above) how reactives work, while calling for nerfs, and expressing little/no concern for if it affects PVE gameplay (as you did).And I like it right here, tyvm.

__________________
Templar of Oasis
Avirodar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-26-2012, 12:08 AM   #23
latesttoon

Loremaster
 
Join Date: Jan 2009
Posts: 59
Default

why do you want to keep broken mechanic in the game? oh, you're a templar and it makes you feel good to have an overpowered practically cheating ability because you can't heal without it,

You are using a loop hole to circumvent a PVP Patch which was intended to nerf the OP ability.

I've played this game over 7 years strictly on pvp servers and tbh like most of the long term community on both types of servers I'm more familar with the games current mechanics then the devs and sadly you.

1. assuming you know a lot, which I seriously doubt from your previous comments, why have people never heard of you? When have you put up a good fight vs the best groups of every expansion? e.g. KoS with Onyx, Kraken, Purity, Darkhand? where were you?.. and up till recently, when  have put up a good fight with Replaced/Displaced, Purity, The Fishermen?

I dont seem to recall ever running into you...by your names listed below...must have been perma invis or maybe using the old merge exploiting walls and buildings..lol

2. you must have played 1 hour a day maximum, or pve'd on a pvp server to much.

I have seen my DG stripped mind you not very often but yes do I know how and what exactly was used no I didnt dwell on it like a 5 y/o and continued keeping my group alive.

3. assuming you are correct, which i find hard to believe as everything else that you say is dribble, counting on dispelling broken pre-casted DG in a 6 v 6 when guild rep is on the line is not a suitable solution. Our group could use the "loop hole" too if we wanted, but why would we want to use a lame cheat?

 TBH your vids were so damm blurry was hard to make anyones name out...all ya had to do in the first place instead of posting blurry vids and a healthy dose of chest beating was say who was your main.

4. Well, the names you saw us/me fighting were mostly some of the best pvp'rs in the game. If you actually pvp'd from the start till now, you would have heard of them. I posted the videos in response to you and other posting stating my group does not know how to dps, how to pvp, and that we are new. The videos date back from kos till almost now.

Never been successful in pvp lol....tbh just because im pretty good in pvp (I've never said I was the best) I dont need to pound my chest and proclaim it to the server or game...geez its a game for petes sake.  The reason I as well as others called you out is because the is no exploit...calling the game mechanic otherwise is kinda hollow and if you were a long term pvp player you would have known this.  I'd venture to say that some if not all the players you group with would agree with me that its not an exploit...but whatever man you continue to talk down to those that have played as long if not longer as if your some "pvp guru" as was stated.  Now you may not like the way mechanics work in the gray area between pve to pvp and thats the way you should have made your argument but you didnt and contiued to harp on a non existent exploit regardless of what others advised...you really should stop assuming that if you cant 2 button anyone in pvp its an automatic exploit kinda makes you look completely sad.

sorry, but i don't read walls of text, hurts my eyes.. i did read the first sentence... "Never been successful in pvp lol".. well i'm glad we finally agree on something.

latesttoon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-26-2012, 01:29 AM   #24
latesttoon

Loremaster
 
Join Date: Jan 2009
Posts: 59
Default

[email protected] wrote:

latesttoon wrote:

in pvp, it needs fixing

obviously you have no idea how reactives work in pvp when hit with dualweild autoattack, and how much it hits for after the current patch in comparison to how much DG heals for.. 

go back to pve board

I know exactly how reactives work, including with dual wield. I am not the one guessing (as you did a few posts above) how reactives work, while calling for nerfs, and expressing little/no concern for if it affects PVE gameplay (as you did).And I like it right here, tyvm.

the words came out wrong i suppose... i know how reactives work but thanks for the comforting

we was talking about spiking down someone with "inifnite trigger" DG..

a more in depth explanation for you not that you care at all, as you are a just a "forum warrior"

if an assassin used a big hit, he's "likely" to follow through with his auto attack, which with dualwield on plate, may do 2k dmg with this update (including the 1 extra multiattack), 2 procs of DG is going to heal for over 10k in pvp.. so, if you could spike through DG + wards/other reactives, and other healers heals, then you'd have to be very "hard". You'd also have to not get taunted and not do any AE-Autoattacks  to heal him/her some more... going to be virtually impossible with recent changes.

as for expressing little/no concern for it affects in PVE, i clearly did express concern after Davionxx pointed out that templars use it pre pull on some/all mobs.. "maybe it would dmg clerics in PVE... but a solution is needed as it is clearly BAD for pvp."

i wouldn't know this because i'm not a carebear

latesttoon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-26-2012, 01:54 AM   #25
Baackdoor

Hero
Baackdoor's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2012
Posts: 27
Default

Solution: time your temps better and dont blow your load when u see DG up. thanks

__________________
Originally Posted by Beandip



Devils, Every second of effort you've ever put into this video game has resulted in sheer failure, having you saying you just need a good monk is comparable to a [Removed for Content] saying you just need smarts.
Baackdoor is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-26-2012, 02:00 AM   #26
Davito

Loremaster
Davito's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2010
Posts: 8
Default

Not even gonna go into the amount of wrong you are in to say that DG is completely OP and that no other class has abilities that work like this before PvP combat.  There would be a solid line of 5-6 classes off the top of my head that would have their temps nerfed before DG if you want to talk about them being OP.

P.S. stop being butt-hurt because some no name person sat on your face in pvp 1 time just cuz of DG.

P.S.S I just heard in vent that you are a troub.  I cant believe you are talking about DG being op.  Keep talking and your class will get revealed and troubs will get fed to the dogs too.

Davito is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-26-2012, 02:27 AM   #27
Daalilama
Server: Nagafen
Guild: Illuminati
Rank: Senior Officer

Loremaster
Daalilama's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2006
Posts: 437
Default

latesttoon wrote:

why do you want to keep broken mechanic in the game? oh, you're a templar and it makes you feel good to have an overpowered practically cheating ability because you can't heal without it,

You are using a loop hole to circumvent a PVP Patch which was intended to nerf the OP ability.

I've played this game over 7 years strictly on pvp servers and tbh like most of the long term community on both types of servers I'm more familar with the games current mechanics then the devs and sadly you.

1. assuming you know a lot, which I seriously doubt from your previous comments, why have people never heard of you? When have you put up a good fight vs the best groups of every expansion? e.g. KoS with Onyx, Kraken, Purity, Darkhand? where were you?.. and up till recently, when  have put up a good fight with Replaced/Displaced, Purity, The Fishermen?

 Geez do I really have to go through my life in this game for a keyboard cowboy...Lets see kos I was on vox back when they had a decent population...came to naggy in early rok (fought onyx, maybe kraken but its been a while so I dont remember that far back faced the displaced/replaced members in various incarnations, fought among purity members as for the fishermen fought them at various points...tbh who cares...as for who I am I'm pretty sure most onyx, purity, displaced/replaced members know who I am I dont hide under a rock or sit in my guild hall pounding my chest at the size of my pvp title (though I have a funny feeling you may fall into this category).  You do interest me so I'm going to ask the players I know in freeport who you are...I'd venture to say they might repond with a hearty "who?"

I dont seem to recall ever running into you...by your names listed below...must have been perma invis or maybe using the old merge exploiting walls and buildings..lol

2. you must have played 1 hour a day maximum, or pve'd on a pvp server to much.

 Keep telling yourself that...

I have seen my DG stripped mind you not very often but yes do I know how and what exactly was used no I didnt dwell on it like a 5 y/o and continued keeping my group alive.

3. assuming you are correct, which i find hard to believe as everything else that you say is dribble, counting on dispelling broken pre-casted DG in a 6 v 6 when guild rep is on the line is not a suitable solution. Our group could use the "loop hole" too if we wanted, but why would we want to use a lame cheat?

 Yeah true I dont know why someone like myself who has played templar for 7 years would have a clue what hes talking about....and again it is neither a cheat or an exploit  maybe you should try and figure out why everyone responding is laughing at you like you just started playing on a pvp server yesterday.

 TBH your vids were so damm blurry was hard to make anyones name out...all ya had to do in the first place instead of posting blurry vids and a healthy dose of chest beating was say who was your main.

4. Well, the names you saw us/me fighting were mostly some of the best pvp'rs in the game. If you actually pvp'd from the start till now, you would have heard of them. I posted the videos in response to you and other posting stating my group does not know how to dps, how to pvp, and that we are new. The videos date back from kos till almost now.

 I said your vids were blurry and that you speak as if you dont know how to pvp or the diffrences in mechanics for pve and pvp....tbh if the vids are ture you have made yourself out to be someone without any clue for pvp...pushing 3 buttons yawn.

Never been successful in pvp lol....tbh just because im pretty good in pvp (I've never said I was the best) I dont need to pound my chest and proclaim it to the server or game...geez its a game for petes sake.  The reason I as well as others called you out is because the is no exploit...calling the game mechanic otherwise is kinda hollow and if you were a long term pvp player you would have known this.  I'd venture to say that some if not all the players you group with would agree with me that its not an exploit...but whatever man you continue to talk down to those that have played as long if not longer as if your some "pvp guru" as was stated.  Now you may not like the way mechanics work in the gray area between pve to pvp and thats the way you should have made your argument but you didnt and contiued to harp on a non existent exploit regardless of what others advised...you really should stop assuming that if you cant 2 button anyone in pvp its an automatic exploit kinda makes you look completely sad.

sorry, but i don't read walls of text, hurts my eyes.. i did read the first sentence... "Never been successful in pvp lol".. well i'm glad we finally agree on something.

 Dude you are a legend in your own mind.

Daalilama is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-26-2012, 02:48 AM   #28
latesttoon

Loremaster
 
Join Date: Jan 2009
Posts: 59
Default

@backdoor

bring me a group with 2 healers, 1 tank, and 3 dps/support of any kind.... i will bring our group and we will use DG out of pvp combat just before engaging. Just save your temps till it's worn off, you will be fine....

@carebear

"Two procs of DG -is- going to heal for over 10k in PVP? You are making some rather grand assumptions. Bonus points if you can work out why? The more you talk, the more evident it becomes that you do not play a healer, and your grasp on heal mechanics is "average" at best. I doubt you could handle the challenge of playing a healer in todays environment, PVE or PVP alike."

i'm sorry carebear, i was just taking an average, 7k to 13k  --- (and this with someone with average gear) - none crit to crit ... i also never included the proc from the actual combat art itself.

"I will continue to inform you that PVP in EQ2 is just a side gimmick, that SOE tacked on long after the game was launched. When added, players of EQ2 were promised that no change would ever affect PVE, because of PVP. EQ2 was not created with PVP in mind, and it shows. The amount of Dev resources SOE invests into PVP, says enough."

Changing DG in PVP so that it does not cause group invulnerability does not have to effect PVE. worst case scenareo, it can be disabled in KP and BGs. are you get angry because i called you a carebear??

"If you desire a game that invests more resources into PVP mechanics, continuing to play EQ2 is akin to banging your head against a brick wall. When I want PVP, I play a game that is designed for PVP. I rock EQ2 on a blue server, because blue is an amazing color, and PVE is what EQ2 is designed for. Better than being on a pink server, on a game not designed for PVP, getting all bent out of shape over an ability they do not fully understand".

EQ2 may not have been designed for pvp, but it has pvp and that is why i play it.. don't get mad, i also played this game since launch for PVE too. one day when you are good enough to compete against enemies that can think for themselves in a game that you know so much about, you might come to nagafen... at the moment, you will probably only last 20seconds (get it? because of DG.. haha i'm funny)

p.s. i will never play a game in the future solely for PVE

@Davito

wow, talking in vent, now i feel special

no one sat on my face cus of DG.. I was just pointing out a SERIOUS none intended PVP problem.. if you know 5 or 6 classes which have pre-pvp-combat OP buffs more powerful than DG, then you should share them instead of keeping these none pvp intended overpowered buffs to yourself because you cannot play the game fairly as it was meant to be.

I will start, as a troub.. probably (never tried it) but Veil of Notes probably works for the PVE duration if you use it before you engage... but really if i do neeed to use it, i do it during combat... I mostly group pvp anyway.

latesttoon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-26-2012, 02:59 AM   #29
latesttoon

Loremaster
 
Join Date: Jan 2009
Posts: 59
Default

[email protected] wrote:

latesttoon wrote:

why do you want to keep broken mechanic in the game? oh, you're a templar and it makes you feel good to have an overpowered practically cheating ability because you can't heal without it,

You are using a loop hole to circumvent a PVP Patch which was intended to nerf the OP ability.

I've played this game over 7 years strictly on pvp servers and tbh like most of the long term community on both types of servers I'm more familar with the games current mechanics then the devs and sadly you.

1. assuming you know a lot, which I seriously doubt from your previous comments, why have people never heard of you? When have you put up a good fight vs the best groups of every expansion? e.g. KoS with Onyx, Kraken, Purity, Darkhand? where were you?.. and up till recently, when  have put up a good fight with Replaced/Displaced, Purity, The Fishermen?

 Geez do I really have to go through my life in this game for a keyboard cowboy...Lets see kos I was on vox back when they had a decent population...came to naggy in early rok (fought onyx, maybe kraken but its been a while so I dont remember that far back faced the displaced/replaced members in various incarnations, fought among purity members as for the fishermen fought them at various points...tbh who cares...as for who I am I'm pretty sure most onyx, purity, displaced/replaced members know who I am I dont hide under a rock or sit in my guild hall pounding my chest at the size of my pvp title (though I have a funny feeling you may fall into this category).  You do interest me so I'm going to ask the players I know in freeport who you are...I'd venture to say they might repond with a hearty "who?"

well at the end of the day, it's not about me or you, it's about a broken pvp spell. The conversation changed to this when you told me I don't know anything about PVP and you know all

I dont seem to recall ever running into you...by your names listed below...must have been perma invis or maybe using the old merge exploiting walls and buildings..lol

2. you must have played 1 hour a day maximum, or pve'd on a pvp server to much.

 Keep telling yourself that...

i don't remember steamrolled players.

I have seen my DG stripped mind you not very often but yes do I know how and what exactly was used no I didnt dwell on it like a 5 y/o and continued keeping my group alive.

3. assuming you are correct, which i find hard to believe as everything else that you say is dribble, counting on dispelling broken pre-casted DG in a 6 v 6 when guild rep is on the line is not a suitable solution. Our group could use the "loop hole" too if we wanted, but why would we want to use a lame cheat?

 Yeah true I dont know why someone like myself who has played templar for 7 years would have a clue what hes talking about....and again it is neither a cheat or an exploit  maybe you should try and figure out why everyone responding is laughing at you like you just started playing on a pvp server yesterday.

because they play templars, or have templar friends, or are trolls..

EDIT: Inquisitors too -- Davito -- wow, so sad you need none intended pvp mechanics to pvp

 TBH your vids were so damm blurry was hard to make anyones name out...all ya had to do in the first place instead of posting blurry vids and a healthy dose of chest beating was say who was your main.

4. Well, the names you saw us/me fighting were mostly some of the best pvp'rs in the game. If you actually pvp'd from the start till now, you would have heard of them. I posted the videos in response to you and other posting stating my group does not know how to dps, how to pvp, and that we are new. The videos date back from kos till almost now.

 I said your vids were blurry and that you speak as if you dont know how to pvp or the diffrences in mechanics for pve and pvp....tbh if the vids are ture you have made yourself out to be someone without any clue for pvp...pushing 3 buttons yawn.

eh?

Never been successful in pvp lol....tbh just because im pretty good in pvp (I've never said I was the best) I dont need to pound my chest and proclaim it to the server or game...geez its a game for petes sake.  The reason I as well as others called you out is because the is no exploit...calling the game mechanic otherwise is kinda hollow and if you were a long term pvp player you would have known this.  I'd venture to say that some if not all the players you group with would agree with me that its not an exploit...but whatever man you continue to talk down to those that have played as long if not longer as if your some "pvp guru" as was stated.  Now you may not like the way mechanics work in the gray area between pve to pvp and thats the way you should have made your argument but you didnt and contiued to harp on a non existent exploit regardless of what others advised...you really should stop assuming that if you cant 2 button anyone in pvp its an automatic exploit kinda makes you look completely sad.

sorry, but i don't read walls of text, hurts my eyes.. i did read the first sentence... "Never been successful in pvp lol".. well i'm glad we finally agree on something.

 Dude you are a legend in your own mind.

that's all that counts

latesttoon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-26-2012, 04:50 AM   #30
Avirodar
Server: Oasis
Guild: Tyranny
Rank: Champion

Loremaster
Avirodar's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2005
Posts: 2,035
Default

A summary - at this point it is more than evident that a random EQ2-PVP-Pinkie is angry because:1) He is getting no support from the community.2) There was approx 15-19 seconds where outgoing heals competed with incoming damage.3) He has no idea how healers work.And the complaining ensues.My condolences go to the OP. Good ideas usually get a ton of support, and are rallied behind. This is no such thread. Instead the OP is singling out one ability from one archtype, when it is actually a global mechanics situation. Given the OP is calling for a nerf on a single archtype, when it is a global mechanics issue that affects numerous archtypes, this thread may be a breach of forum guidelines.I maintain it would be hilarious to see the OP try to play a healer. I doubt he would last 19 seconds. (see what I did there? lol)I will finish by saying, I love real PVP games. I started playing a new one (with a solid population!), yesterday. Huzzah for the blue carebear stare of real PVP flair! I still <3 all you EQ2-Pinkies though, because you are few, but fiesty.

__________________
Templar of Oasis
Avirodar is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Thread Tools

Forum Jump


All times are GMT. The time now is 01:41 PM.

vBulletin skin by: CompleteGFX.com
Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.7.5
Copyright ©2000 - 2019, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
All threads and posts originally from the EQ2 and Station forums operated by Sony Online Entertainment. Their use is by express written permission.