EQ2 Forum Archive @ EQ2Wire

Go Back   EQ2 Forum Archive @ EQ2Wire > EverQuest II > General EverQuest II Discussion > PVP Discussion
Members List Search Mark Forums Read

Notices

Old 10-25-2012, 12:40 PM   #1
xenocide85

Loremaster

I started played EQ2 on PvE launch and again on PvP launch years ago. I quit several years back when SoE ended level locking through forced PvP experience, introduced AA caps, and forced a bunch of other changes on an active player base with damaging consequences. But it looks like they've started to come around.

Here's my beef, as a level locked pvp'r, the level 38-45 gear is all sorts of messed up. The T5 raid gear still has awesome procs, but the raw stats are terrible. SoE followed suit in the MMORPG carebear nerfing of stats (meaning stats are 2 dimennsional now, as opposed to always providing specific and disinctive benefits, which I think is really unfortunate), but SoE didn't take the time to revamp gear in a meaningful way. Now, treasured or MC gear have better raw stats than some of the T5 raid drops. 

Please revamp T5 raid gear to make the stats (Primary, STA, modifiers) appropriate or introduce a new mechanism similar to reforging that allows players to adjust raw stats (e.g. change WIS to STR).

Even worse, SoE discontinued legacy PvP gear with AMAZING stats (lvl 40 -45). Not only does this gear have better raw stats than any other gear in this level range, it also has PvP modifiers. I have a 43 SK with full T5 fabled (Shimmering Star Breastplate, Vox's 1h mace with group stifle proc, etc. etc.) and I played a legacy locked toon whose entire jewelery items were legacy pvp and it was a joke - he crushed me (SK vs SK and SK vs Warden)

Please bring back level 40-45 pvp gear or remove it from the game. It's not fun to play against locked toons that are way stronger than you and there's nothing (literally nothing) you can do to become as strong as them.

Thanks

.:[ Dreadnaught Catastrophe ]:.
.:[ 44 Shadowknight Nagafen ]:.
xenocide85 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-25-2012, 01:19 PM   #2
Baackdoor

Hero

So your problem was he had toughness(pvp dmg reduc) and you had none? strong logic

Devils, Every second of effort you've ever put into this video game has resulted in sheer failure, having you saying you just need a good monk is comparable to a [Removed for Content] saying you just need smarts.
Baackdoor is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-29-2012, 10:41 PM   #3
Vlahkmaak
Server: Venekor
Guild: Opus Dei

Loremaster

xenocide85 wrote:

Please bring back level 40-45 pvp gear or remove it from the game. It's not fun to play against locked toons that are way stronger than you and there's nothing (literally nothing) you can do to become as strong as them.

Thanks

What exactly is preventing you from regearing/equiping your toon with the current gear?  If you have been gone awhile you should have realized your back at square one.  I quit playing 3+ mos ago.  When and if I come back I fully expect I am going to have to re-climb a gear ladder and learn new skills.  I certainly would not be expecting the game to have come to a grinding halt since I quit so that I re-enter at the same gear level.

If you find your having a hard time in the open world start grinding BGs to re-gear up.

Vlahkmaak 92 Troll Guardian Nagafen

Dwyrm 92 Dwarf Paladin Nagafen

Shoofaug 92 Iksar bruiser Nagafen

Vlah 92 Troll Inqy Nagafen

Vlahk 50 SK Nagafen

Glavlahnus 92 Woodelf Ranger, betrayed and back again

Cructik 92 TROLL BL Nagafen
Vlahkmaak is offline   Reply With Quote