EQ2 Forum Archive @ EQ2Wire

Go Back   EQ2 Forum Archive @ EQ2Wire > EverQuest II > General EverQuest II Discussion > PVP Discussion
Members List Search Mark Forums Read

Notices

Old 03-28-2011, 09:07 AM   #91
Darkor
Server: Nagafen
Guild: Nexus

Loremaster

I remember when Seliri used to spam in /say that way the opponent couldnt see anything on his screen. He still died very easily, was fun anyway. Since that day i know how scrubbish Seliri is, i can never take him serious again.

Darkor 90 Swashbuckler

Daerkin 90 Shadowknight

Daerkor 90 Templar

Ajjantis 90 Warden

Melodic 90 Dirge

Dayo 90 Monk

Rasiel 88 Conjuror

Razyeel 70 Wizard

Biyon 65 Beastlord
Darkor is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-28-2011, 09:16 AM   #92
EndevorX

Loremaster

[email protected] wrote:

I remember when Seliri used to spam in /say that way the opponent couldnt see anything on his screen. He still died very easily, was fun anyway. Since that day i know how scrubbish Seliri is, i can never take him serious again.

I remember the present, like how you boast of libel, assuming to know intention, & dismissing peers as though you know better.

My local faction communication has typically been to help focus direct damage on targets I felt vital.

But, congratulations on letting Oobo troll you & the others here (Darq/Thetmes/Kimber) in tempting you to tarnish a thread on feedback with petty, trendy cliquish niche bagisms (although honestly, do those who succumb really need a tempter, but expose their own susceptibilities to irresponsible boundary?).

Lol @ you claiming I've died easily, as if you're some capable competitor.

I always instructed people how to expeditiously utilize the "/ta" syntax or limit chat bubble volume if their coping skills were as abrasively lacking as yours seem to be.

EndevorX is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-28-2011, 08:04 PM   #93
Kimber
Guild: Rapture

Loremaster

[email protected] wrote:

[email protected] wrote:

I remember the present, like how you boast of libel, assuming to know intention, & dismissing peers as though you know better.

My local faction communication has typically been to help focus direct damage on targets I felt vital.

But, congratulations on letting Oobo troll you & the others here (Darq/Thetmes/Kimber) in tempting you to tarnish a thread on feedback with petty, trendy cliquish niche bagisms (although honestly, do those who succumb really need a tempter, but expose their own susceptibilities to irresponsible boundary?).

I always instructed people how to expeditiously utilize the "/ta" syntax or limit chat bubble volume if their coping skills were as abrasively lacking as yours seem to be.

Hmm what I said here was against both of you since you are both crysackers IMO but hey if you want to try and turn it around like you are not its all good have fun with that.  We all know you are a exploiter have fun.

Edit to add

Oh and I am not trying to derail the thread or bash good ideas here.  I am trying to get the Dev's/Red names to see that this Cross Faction Chat thing is worthless.  The fact that you and Oobo are bickering and crysacking is just bonus fodder for my argument.  If you guys want to do it do it here or make one of you log a lv 1 alt.  This way the only people that have to see your ( ie both of you incase you did not get the proper usage there ) /cry crap are those that come to the forums or those that dont have you on ignore for entertainment purposes.

Guild Sickpuppies
Kimber is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-10-2011, 04:48 PM   #94
Lourd
Guild: Eat This

Loremaster

Hello Devs!  

The two big issues (besides flying mounts..) in pvp for me are overwhelming dps and de/taunt spam.  It's really frustrating having my target continuously bounce around when multiple tanks are nearby.

So I was thinking, we could fix both of these issues simultaneously by changing passive/reactive taunts.  Let's get rid of the force target on these and instead have them grant a  20% or 30%  pvp damage reduction to all non fighter in the group.  

edit:  Or better yet, make them debuffs that reduce the affected's outgoing damage to all non fighter classes.

This would cut down on the massive damage people are taking right now and ease the frustration of fighting multiple tanks.

You might even do the same thing with caster detaunts, i.e. their detaunt gives them a damage reduction buff until they cast again.

P.S.  nerf the warlock's epic Acid Rain ability. 

Lourd is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-12-2011, 03:25 AM   #95
Peak
Guild: Slice of Life

Loremaster

I got Assassinated for 50k earlier =)

Old 04-12-2011, 10:49 AM   #96
Oobo
Guild: Extinction Agenda

Loremaster

yep yep got to LOVE broken mechanics

Oobo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-15-2011, 09:45 AM   #97
Balrok

Loremaster

[email protected] wrote:

Let's get rid of the force target on these and instead have them grant a  20% or 30%  pvp damage reduction to all non fighter in the group.

No... you would be taking away one of the main things that makes EQ2 PvP unique and different from any other MMO.  It's a very unique ability that identifies EQ2 and I would really hate to lose it.  Just tone it down alittle.... or add a short taunt immunity when taunted, like all other CCs get in PvP.

Olihin

Balrok is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-15-2011, 10:11 AM   #98
Loldawg
Guild: Onyx

Loremaster

[email protected] wrote:

No... you would be taking away one of the main things that makes EQ2 PvP unique and different from any other MMO.  It's a very unique ability that identifies EQ2 and I would really hate to lose it.  Just tone it down alittle.... or add a short taunt immunity when taunted, like all other CCs get in PvP.

+1

Old 04-15-2011, 10:25 AM   #99
Balrok

Loremaster

[email protected] wrote:

[email protected] wrote:

+1

Just to add to this, I see no reasonable reason why a "Taunt immunity" cannot be done.  You will start seeing a clear separation between terrible, good and amazing tanks in PvP.  I want a great tank to target someone, look for Taunt immunity, see it and either move to a different target to taunt or wait for it to drop before hitting "Taunt".  This is what any good CCer does and Taunt is a 100% CC ability.  Add skill to this taunt button is a pure win... imho.

Olihin

Balrok is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-16-2011, 06:03 AM   #100
Lourd
Guild: Eat This

Loremaster

No.

Pvp taunting was fine when tanks only had two or three taunts, but over the last two expansions they've passed out AA taunts like candy on Halloween. Most are encounter wide annoy procs that lock your target for 3 seconds. Going. Off. Constantly.   It's aggravating that someone else can have so much control over my character with so little effort.

Keep the two active taunts all tanks share, those at least have cooldowns and require some conscious thought, but make the mindless passive taunts do something less frustrating.  Turn them into damage intercepts, damage reductions to non fighters,  whatever, but do something about them, Devs.

Lourd is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-29-2011, 09:23 AM   #101
Smashnutzx

Lorekeeper

scale back the amount of damage scouts and mages can do in pvp combat... it is impossible for healers now in pvp

for instance a defiler with single target ward and group ward on self gets one shotted by a soulburn for 40k... the wards got burnt tho before the damage occured so that comes to a what 60kish hit... NOTHING can stand up to that so why should people stay as healers? fix this cause it is just pure crap

also the fact that u can "dive bomb" from mounts need to be gotten rid of... either cancel mounts on pvp servers or make it so u cant jump off... either way it needs to be stopped

oh and for those who think im just having a cry well youse are partially right cause the way pvp is atm i feel is far too unbalanced and it is ruining the game for me

Smashnutzx is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-29-2011, 03:04 PM   #102
Neskonlith

Loremaster

Smashnutzx wrote:

oh and for those who think im just having a cry well youse are partially right cause the way pvp is atm i feel is far too unbalanced and it is ruining the game for me

New PVP changes are on Test server, please go  there and test them out.

We need more player feedback on the NEW! pvp rules incoming.

"...Gibbets, son. Nothing else in the world smells like that. I love the smell of carrion in the morning. You know, one time we had Freeport TG defended, pvp for 12 hours. When it was all over, I walked to their revive spot. We didn't find one of 'em, not one stinkin' QQ body. The smell, you know that putrescent smell, the whole writ house. Smelled like… victory..."

- Apocalypse Gnome
Neskonlith is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-30-2011, 02:45 AM   #103
Morthore

Loremaster

so now level 90's can group with people level 39 in wf's and attack the tower? Q's have 2 90's take out the towers in 20 mins.

Morthore is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-21-2011, 05:45 PM   #104
Stomples

Loremaster

I just gota say I recently got back into EQ2. I love the game. I tried out a battleground... My heart sank.

I waited an hour to get in, to be in a team 2 vs 6.  Any melee class looks at my wizard and I die. While my spells got resisted about 75% of the time and I didn't do squat for damage. Rangers just arrowing me to death. Healers laughing at me as I'm trying to nuke them down.. Anger.

GG.

Stomples is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-23-2011, 02:26 PM   #105
Killque

Loremaster

New Issue to report: Target changing using "next hostile PvP"

Problem is, I am trying to target the PvP players that are fighting all around me (say gears etc). Some guildies have it happening and others do not. I tested it out extensively just now and I cant quite figure out why some are effected but not everyone.

What I need to have happen, is when I am targeting my team members to heal them directly, I need to be able to fast switch to pvp opponents to throw off other spells as well.

Any suggestions on what I could try/do to fix this?

tab -> next PvP targetcaps -> next NPC target

What is happening:

1. F2-F6 to target group members
  2. Group member is now targeted
  3. I press tab like mad, and it will not switch to a PvP target (even though there are plenty around)
  4. Press Esc to clear my target
  5. Press Tab
  6. PvP target now acquired.

Thanks

Killque is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-17-2011, 08:50 PM   #106
Shuai

Loremaster

Smashnutzx wrote:

scale back the amount of damage scouts and mages can do in pvp combat... it is impossible for healers now in pvp

for instance a defiler with single target ward and group ward on self gets one shotted by a soulburn for 40k... the wards got burnt tho before the damage occured so that comes to a what 60kish hit... NOTHING can stand up to that so why should people stay as healers? fix this cause it is just pure crap

also the fact that u can "dive bomb" from mounts need to be gotten rid of... either cancel mounts on pvp servers or make it so u cant jump off... either way it needs to be stopped

You aren't well geared then. And defiler isn't a solo healer. Clerics and Wardens heal like beasts right now. Virtually impossible to kill unless ganged up on. Pair up with one of them and you'll live forever and you'll be healing like a boss and increasing the amount of unending fights that go on until one side gathers greater numbers to win.

Old 06-17-2011, 08:50 PM   #107
Shuai

Loremaster

Killque wrote:

New Issue to report: Target changing using "next hostile PvP"

Problem is, I am trying to target the PvP players that are fighting all around me (say gears etc). Some guildies have it happening and others do not. I tested it out extensively just now and I cant quite figure out why some are effected but not everyone.

What I need to have happen, is when I am targeting my team members to heal them directly, I need to be able to fast switch to pvp opponents to throw off other spells as well.

Any suggestions on what I could try/do to fix this?

tab -> next PvP targetcaps -> next NPC target

What is happening:

1. F2-F6 to target group members
  2. Group member is now targeted
  3. I press tab like mad, and it will not switch to a PvP target (even though there are plenty around)
  4. Press Esc to clear my target
  5. Press Tab
  6. PvP target now acquired.

Thanks

I get the exact same thing. Freaking annoying.

Old 06-17-2011, 08:52 PM   #108
Shuai

Loremaster

[email protected] wrote:

[email protected] wrote:

Oh but I claim you have!!

Old 06-24-2011, 03:41 PM   #109
Senko
Guild: Beacon

Loremaster

Remove flying mounts from Nagafen already.
Senko is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-25-2011, 03:55 AM   #110
OzNeK

Loremaster

+1 for Harla Dar kill flying and jumping mounts.

OzNeK is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-30-2011, 12:30 PM   #111
Skilley

Guardian

Shuai wrote:

[email protected] wrote:

[email protected] wrote:

Oh but I claim you have!!

Oh I guarantee you it wasn't easy, because you no doubt had to chase him across 5 zones and trick him into engaging in a solo fight with anybody he couldn't kill with his damage shield while AFK.

Also, Seliri, I think people would understand you much better if you doubled the amount of adjectives and adverbs you used in your walls of text.

Skilley is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-30-2011, 12:48 PM   #112
Hilt

Loremaster

PVP range is not honored now. If I chrono or mentor to level 10, I fully expect to be killable by an 18.

Not really expecting 90's to blow me out of the water...

Hilt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-09-2011, 10:14 PM   #113
Sasquatch

Lord

Well here it goes, PvP gear, Flying, Leaping, Gliding mounts, mount speed, toughness, BG's, and WF's have completely destroyed PvP. Ask anyone playing Eq2 right now how much they enjoy PvP even compared to just a year ago. It is so far beyond fixable right now. SoE would have to remove mostly everything listed to get the players they are losing everyday back. Since there is too much that screwed over PvP the only reasonable solution is creating a new PvP server that is patched to KoS only. That is when Eq2 pvp was most balanced, before aa's that was the beginning of the end and when you had to raid to be the best in PvP aswell as in PvE. If this is even being read way back in this forum, a GM, Dev, or anyone make a survey for the eq2 player population on what they think of this idea.
Sasquatch is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-21-2011, 07:31 PM   #114
Vlahkmaak
Server: Venekor
Guild: Opus Dei

Loremaster

Things I'd like to see

1.) Max movement speed on Nagafen should be 75% regardless if mounted, run speed buffed, totem usage, or stable hand buff.  I'd be willing to go lower too.

1.a)  I know you stated in an earlier thread you dont want to do this but flying griffons - which I like - really need a 5 min flying timer.  People sit afk for too long in the air.  It is one thing being massively out numbered and flying around looking for a target of opprotunity and quite another to see several people just hovering at max altitude during a WF in the same spot the entire WF.  Removing max speeds of 130 from the game by a flat max run speed allowable on PVP servers should reduce the genral annoyance of leapers/gliders and max flight duration (uncurable curse mechanic?) should alleviate some current issues along with the run speed reduction and immunity timers.  those of us flying around looking for targets farther away from the zerg herd can just get used to doing more touch and go's which we already ahve to do anyhow to keep our totems burning properly.

2.)  Immunity upon revive, zone, or evac should be 15 seconds max. 

3.) Open world carnage.

4.) Toughness and PVP gear in general has not worked well.  I have always liked the idea of pvp based gear but I think the devs are not able to seriously balance the needs of the game, the classes and the gear.  By balanced I do not mean everyone is = either.  The generic cookie cutter gear does not add flavor, does not reflect specific class needs for pvp, and seperates peoples desire to pvp/e into pvp or pve.  Remove PVP gear/toughness and work off PVE gear only OR revert to the TSO pvp/e gear model which was IMO the best of both worlds.  As their is already a mechanic via the pvp/e function of the spell/ca their is no real need for toughness. 

5.) Guild hall strategist should be retired from PVP servers.

6.) Auto attk should be able to proc at max 1 flurry or MA but not both in addition to ONE proc (poison, gear, buff or other - only one).   Spells would have the same restriction - 1 proc only per cast. If this proves to difficult to code remove flurry, spell MA and max combat auto attack MA at 100 for PVP.  

7.) Having a mentored person in your grp/raid should NOT make all the appropriate targets non-updates.

8.) Require all SOE employes working on or supporting EQ2 and EQNext to log at least 2 hours per week in open world PVP with each class represented by the team.  They can work on their respective interestes (tradeskilling, questing, raid design etc, from the perspective of our server).  Why require this?  As BGs are now an integral part of the EQ2 platform the best place to learn, test, and reflect on pvp is on Nagafen not on AB or in the BGs themselves.  It is my understanding pvp/e is going to be a more central role in EQNext.  And if then it is going to be a central part of the game we all know the concepts in EQNext will be coming from EQ2 as well as current gen MMos and past games too.

9.) Evac can only be casted on persons NOT in pvp.  Taking a hostile action removes ones ability to be evacuated.

Vlahkmaak 92 Troll Guardian Nagafen

Dwyrm 92 Dwarf Paladin Nagafen

Shoofaug 92 Iksar bruiser Nagafen

Vlah 92 Troll Inqy Nagafen

Vlahk 50 SK Nagafen

Glavlahnus 92 Woodelf Ranger, betrayed and back again

Cructik 92 TROLL BL Nagafen
Vlahkmaak is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-24-2011, 02:40 AM   #115
Daalilama
Guild: Illuminati

Loremaster

[email protected] wrote:

Things I'd like to see

1.) Max movement speed on Nagafen should be 75% regardless if mounted, run speed buffed, totem usage, or stable hand buff.  I'd be willing to go lower too.

1.a)  I know you stated in an earlier thread you dont want to do this but flying griffons - which I like - really need a 5 min flying timer.  People sit afk for too long in the air.  It is one thing being massively out numbered and flying around looking for a target of opprotunity and quite another to see several people just hovering at max altitude during a WF in the same spot the entire WF.  Removing max speeds of 130 from the game by a flat max run speed allowable on PVP servers should reduce the genral annoyance of leapers/gliders and max flight duration (uncurable curse mechanic?) should alleviate some current issues along with the run speed reduction and immunity timers.  those of us flying around looking for targets farther away from the zerg herd can just get used to doing more touch and go's which we already ahve to do anyhow to keep our totems burning properly.

2.)  Immunity upon revive, zone, or evac should be 15 seconds max. 

3.) Open world carnage.

4.) Toughness and PVP gear in general has not worked well.  I have always liked the idea of pvp based gear but I think the devs are not able to seriously balance the needs of the game, the classes and the gear.  By balanced I do not mean everyone is = either.  The generic cookie cutter gear does not add flavor, does not reflect specific class needs for pvp, and seperates peoples desire to pvp/e into pvp or pve.  Remove PVP gear/toughness and work off PVE gear only OR revert to the TSO pvp/e gear model which was IMO the best of both worlds.  As their is already a mechanic via the pvp/e function of the spell/ca their is no real need for toughness. 

5.) Guild hall strategist should be retired from PVP servers.

6.) Auto attk should be able to proc at max 1 flurry or MA but not both in addition to ONE proc (poison, gear, buff or other - only one).   Spells would have the same restriction - 1 proc only per cast. If this proves to difficult to code remove flurry, spell MA and max combat auto attack MA at 100 for PVP.  

7.) Having a mentored person in your grp/raid should NOT make all the appropriate targets non-updates.

8.) Require all SOE employes working on or supporting EQ2 and EQNext to log at least 2 hours per week in open world PVP with each class represented by the team.  They can work on their respective interestes (tradeskilling, questing, raid design etc, from the perspective of our server).  Why require this?  As BGs are now an integral part of the EQ2 platform the best place to learn, test, and reflect on pvp is on Nagafen not on AB or in the BGs themselves.  It is my understanding pvp/e is going to be a more central role in EQNext.  And if then it is going to be a central part of the game we all know the concepts in EQNext will be coming from EQ2 as well as current gen MMos and past games too.

9.) Evac can only be casted on persons NOT in pvp.  Taking a hostile action removes ones ability to be evacuated.

I agree with alot of what you stated here....especially your point about the pvp gear during TSO being the best compromise and thought out of any I have seen since the explosion of pvp based gear from EOF.......

On your point of the raid strategist I dont feel it should be removed making a gripe of a non-issue is the best way to get a issue fixxed by the devs when there is no fix needed.

Your point on soe employees working or supporting eq2 spend a few hours a week on a pvp server is dead on been saying that for several years and sent dares to many of the current or past devs via their pm's over the years expressing that very same point to no avail...good luck but more than likely the devs will ignore every smart point you made as it does not fit into their viewpoint of where they want to head with the game.  

I used to give the devs the benefit of the doubt but after 6 years entirely on pvp servers I no longer trust anything they do or say and am close to ending my time in this game and I am not the only one.  The developers will always fail to realize that we currently have players in this game who have been part of it from start to finish and know game mechanics and problems better than they do (best case in point is the dev who was in charge of certain game mechanics including critical mitigation that needed to have it explained to him repeatedly by many from our community)...truely comical is all I can say...as for the pvp dev maybe someday on another game he may understand the problems he let in for open world pvp but not before eq2 is done.

Daalilama is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-09-2011, 05:52 PM   #116
Diddles

Loremaster

DO something, anything...I want to buy DoV and I want to play the game after my 45 day free return pass is up but the game is dead and hardly any one plays. I can sit and wait literally HOURS for a battlegrounds queue, by the time it pops I have forgotten I was even in the queue. If you're not level locked at 39 or whatever, or level 90 with end game raid or pvp gear then you have no choice but to solo. Merge some servers or something, do something big to bring people back or consolidate the lower populated servers into one so that we have a community again. This game is dying if it's not already considered dead.

Diddles is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-16-2011, 12:12 PM   #117
Darklace

Loremaster

PVP on Nagafen is way past broken, we have PVE people deciding changes for PVP players this has to end.  I have had long descussions with friends i pvp with and here are some of the things that we who do PVP would like to see happen.

1. Armour- On a pvp server the best gear should come from PVPing not from doing instance zones. What incentive does a player have to PVP if the best gear comes from a raid zone.

2.Lock encounters- If i am fighting a person one V one 50 others shouldnt be able to jump in and kill me in 2 seconds. If i am attacked or i attack someone then make it were others can not leach. Make them work for thier tokens.

3. Get rid of BGs OMG what are we going with this (explicative) on a pvp server, why would anyone want to go out and PVP when they can do 3 min BGs all day and get more tokens and the adorns only cost 10 tokens were open world cost 20 tokens, BGs are for care bear servers so they can get a taste of PVP and then want to come to a real pvp server, not make it a place were PVP want a be losers can hide out and get themselves a set of token pvp gear the easy way.

4. All zones are contested- You can still have instanced zones but they can not be a hiding place for people who will not go out and PVP example of how this can be done i go to pools and click to enter and it shows me the number of instances running at that time i and my fellow pvpers choose what instance to enter,if it is a 6 man zone then the max people that can enter that zone are groups of 6 or less and then let the fight begin.

5. Raid Gear- Have pvp raids and the tokens you get from those can buy you the best gear in the game, this will get guilds out there PVPing instead of doing raid zones and this go,s back to what i said about gear again the best gear on a pvp server should be pvp gear and it should work for what ever type of fighting i choose on the pvp server instance play or pvp.

6. Finally give the players who do not pvp the option to get the (explicative) of  our server if you do not PVP then come up with a penalty that will make them go else were PLEASE !!!!!

I hope you guys will at least take these ideas into consideration these are from PVP players not PVE and any comments from other PVP players would be appreciated PVE people please just keep your comments to yourself.

Kicky - 90 bruiser

Nagafen server

Darklace is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-10-2011, 05:12 AM   #118
Twinbladed
Guild: Illuminati

Loremaster

Best weapons to use in Pvp are Pve weapons.

Adornments that were not supposed to stack do.

PVE procs still work in PvP.

People sit on birds and get free tokens.

There are still broken aa's

The whole idea of WF's turn into zerg for 45 minutes then leave the zone.

Battlegrounds is no place for pvp players. 

I agree PvP gear should be better on a PvP server.

Auto attack and flurry make up for most of every melee classes dps.

Classes can run around hitting you while you can't hit them. 

We all wear the same gear basically the only diff is adornment set up and class spec adornments, other than that it's welcome to I'm like everyone else in the game world.

You still have yet to give us our PvP weapons.

All levels of players have had a drop in population.

How is it fair to cap someone's speed when they hit someone an the other person run off at 130-150%

You have all these older zones in the game that are useless unless your doing something pve wise.

Fights are not equal what so ever, wardens,inqs,and templar take forever to burn down, while the rest of them die fairly quickly. Monks and Bruiser are hard to kill for any class now, Gaurdians stay up forever, but why do zerker die fast, so do paladins and shadowknights, unless they use da they die as if they dont even have plate on. Mages all die fast except maybe wizards and warlocks. Scout verse scout turn into who pops immunity first or does the first stun/stifle, then 2 seconds later it's over. I understand classes will never be on the same level, but come on you can't have one class be able to take on a full 6 people an live for 5 minutes while killing people at the same time, then the other classes have enough issue's with just one target.

People have a whole minute to run to birds get to zones or where ever else they want to go, I mean seriously 60 seconds is way to long. 

The title system almost works, only flaw is people who actually care about titles refuse to pvp after they get one because they know even if there half way threw it a few deaths an they lose it.

SOE doesn't care I finally get the point, took me awhile but like I said in a earlier thread after my sub is up me and some other people are going to a diff game....

Twinbladed is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-09-2011, 12:29 PM   #119
Fanga

Apprentice

Well the game itself is mainly pve (players vs. enviroments), if they going to make pvp switch to different server(s), the whole math systems and gears will have to be scaled down and redo from start.

Just that take awhile to get twinked gears and low levels players would have no chance, that why most newcomers simply leave the game or go back to pve servers. I remember awhile back, couple years ago and had like three players trying to take out this player in TD, his/her life hardly go down and all samn levels and that single handly kills all three and that was so unbalance.  Felt like someone set off a cat to handful of pigeons on the ground.

I also noticed they have removed the pvp in starting areas, least give them a chance to build up, but that wont matter much without a team.

Fanga is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-01-2012, 01:48 PM   #120
Efrath
Guild: Rays of Sunshine

Loremaster

Cure potions are highly spammable, which, to be frank, sucks alot when you're a defiler. Would be nice to see a 5 minute reuse timer for it in PVP at least. I'd probably suggest a longer reuse timer on pumice piece as well, I really just think such items should be usuable once per fight at most, rather than having to put up with someone dispelling you 2-3 times during a fight (Includes wards by the way) that ruins you completely and then have him cure away every single debuff, fear and dot you have, minimizing your damage completly.

Efrath is offline   Reply With Quote