EQ2 Forum Archive @ EQ2Wire

Go Back   EQ2 Forum Archive @ EQ2Wire > EverQuest II > The Norrathian Herald > Community News
Members List Search Mark Forums Read

Notices

Old 01-13-2012, 09:49 PM   #1
Isulith

Community Relations

We’re getting ready for our first ever Extra Dungeon Mark Days!  From January 17, 2012 at 10:30 AM PST through January 30, 2012 at 11:59 PM PST, Dungeon Maker dungeon players and creators will receive 25% MORE tokens during this time period. Use your Dungeon Marks to buy a variety of items - everything from weapons and armor to decorations and mounts! To see what you can purchase with your Dungeon Marks, select the Dungeon Maker category from the Marketplace. To create and see listings of available dungeons, select Dungeon Maker from your EQ2 Menu button in game.  Prepare to get your dungeoneering on!

Isulith is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-17-2012, 04:15 PM   #2
thewarriorpoet

Loremaster

really!?!?

This sort of thing seems a little too late to me. It's dead Jim! There are a ton of interesting dungeons on my server but frankly DM dungeons are too long for their fun level and the number of tokens recieved should be doubled perminately.

thewarriorpoet is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-17-2012, 04:34 PM   #3
Lempo

Loremaster

Or they might actually try fixing things that need to be fixed instead of throwing together some half baked idea that is nothing more than a diversion.

Somewhere in Norrath a guild is about to dissolve.
Lempo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-17-2012, 05:25 PM   #4
Coopendor

Loremaster

I think its a great idea.  I have ran a few dungeons and found several of them very fun.  I will agree that some people are a bit over zealous about the mobs and quantity/difficulty but you have to take the good with the bad in everything .

Edit:  It did help that while I was running faction quests in Eastern Wastes, I got 3 of the Duhjalm Sentinal avatars to drop  .  One on each toon that I ran through the quests with.  I have found these avatars to be the best so far, although TBH my experience is quite limited.

Old 01-19-2012, 09:54 AM   #5
Valonia

Loremaster

If at least the dungeons were global and not server locked -.- I can't imagine any trouble with making them available through the avatar based variant. And even the toon based one should be doable if the dungeons were available in a hub like we have for Battlegrounds.

Valonia is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-19-2012, 12:22 PM   #6
Narcist
Server: Blackburrow
Guild: Saints of Norrath

Loremaster

I really don't even see the point to these player made dungeons?  Is there some reward out there that I'm just not aware of that makes them worth doing?  Or is it for the so called fun factor?

Narcist is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-19-2012, 12:27 PM   #7
Lempo

Loremaster

The sheer volume, actually the lack thereof of responses in this thread should tell you all you need to know bout the DM.

Somewhere in Norrath a guild is about to dissolve.
Lempo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-19-2012, 12:31 PM   #8
SOE-MOD-07

Community Moderator

This post has moved: /eq2/posts/preList.m?topic_id=50281...post_id=5704960 Please be constructive when posting
SOE-MOD-07 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-19-2012, 02:09 PM   #9
Iskandar

Loremaster

[email protected] wrote:

I really don't even see the point to these player made dungeons?  Is there some reward out there that I'm just not aware of that makes them worth doing?  Or is it for the so called fun factor?

Well, you could buy the same research time boosters and other expendable potions that are normally only sold for station cash -- they sell for 50-175 Dungeon Marks. And you could replace all 8 boxes in your shared bank with the 48 slot boxes sold for 100 dungeon marks each (and it lets me use my Eucalyptus to make something much prettier than a storage box ). Those are my two main "non-fluff" projects for Dungeon Marks at the moment.

Other than that, it's easy AA for my alt army, and a nice change of pace from running the same old zones and instances again and again and again and again... if I'm sick of fighting this mob or seeing that zone, I just go to a different dungeon -- or make one myself.

Iskandar is offline   Reply With Quote