EQ2 Forum Archive @ EQ2Wire

Go Back   EQ2 Forum Archive @ EQ2Wire > EverQuest II > The Norrathian Herald > Community News
Members List Search Mark Forums Read

Notices

Old 01-11-2012, 03:57 PM   #1
Isulith

Community Relations

It's a bird, it's a plane..No! It's your EverQuest II character! Introducing the ground-breaking Flight Wings to EverQuest II. Now you can fly through the air with the attached Pegasus Feather Flight Wings or the Nightmare Flight Wings. Fly through Norrath in style, group with your friends and intimidate all challengers as you swoop into action from above.

Check out our newest EQ2 YouTube video here: http://youtu.be/GepeTEsEwGs. Don't forget to check out other YouTube videos as well at www.youtube.com/eq2videos!

Nightmare Flight Wings

Pegasus Feather Flight Wings

Isulith is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-11-2012, 05:14 PM   #2
Whilhelmina
Server: Storms
Guild: Les Furies d Innoruuk

Tester

YEAH !

Thanks a lot SMILEY

Whilhelmina is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-11-2012, 05:57 PM   #3
PsiaMeese

Loremaster

Woot! I'm the flying Kerra in green - with the Fishy Business on her hip.

PsiaMeese is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-11-2012, 08:12 PM   #4
Iad

Loremaster

Is that video a joke? lol

Iad is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-11-2012, 08:45 PM   #5
Pengefinchess

Loremaster

i just dont get this. i mean i get it as far as ker-ching!! for soe. But what? whats the lore here? ah..you can all grow wings now..erm, one of the gods did it.

Old 01-11-2012, 09:10 PM   #6
mo0rbid

Loremaster

Doesn't really fit in eq2 :S

mo0rbid is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-11-2012, 09:13 PM   #7
Felshades

Loremaster

[email protected] wrote:

i just dont get this. i mean i get it as far as ker-ching!! for soe. But what? whats the lore here? ah..you can all grow wings now..erm, one of the gods did it.

You need lore for everything?

Here's an excuse: a wizard did it.

Felshades is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-11-2012, 10:10 PM   #8
Deleroux

Loremaster

It's EaionQ2 FTW!

I like the wings just waiting for more options.

Having a way to personalize them like when creating a fae/arasai would be awesome.

Deleroux is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-11-2012, 10:17 PM   #9
Lempo

Loremaster

[email protected] wrote:

You get it, you get it EXACTLY, it is all about the SC shop now, the lore, menaingless, the other bugs and problems in the game can take a backseat but when something is recognized as being wrong with the SC garb like this they will immediately get the artwork team on it and it will be fixed quickly, quite often with the very next hotfix.

Somewhere in Norrath a guild is about to dissolve.
Lempo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-11-2012, 10:56 PM   #10
1000Words

Loremaster

Wow, this doesn't look stupid at all.  What's next in store for the future of EQ2? Corvettes as mounts?

1000Words is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-11-2012, 11:30 PM   #11
Xisin

Loremaster

Kinda bummed about this, This eliminates something special about being fae or arasai.

Xisin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-12-2012, 12:34 AM   #12
Winter

Crazy for Fae!

Xisin wrote:

Kinda bummed about this, This eliminates something special about being fae or arasai.

I agree with Xisin on this fully. I think they're awesome wings, but it makes no sense to me. Regardless, I can see why some people are excited about it. I just think actual flight makes sense with Fae and Arasai... randomly gained wings just.... what?

Old 01-12-2012, 01:04 AM   #13
Lodrelhai

Loremaster

So all the other appearance wings that go into cloak slots make perfect sense, but the idea that some wizard enchanted a pair of those so they will actually fly is completely outside the realm of possibility?

I sorta understood the complaints about the squirrels not appearing anywhere on Norrath, but we've had people running around with fake wings for years now.  Combining them with an improved "flying carpet" enchantment seems a logical, even obvious, next step.

Lodrelhai is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-12-2012, 02:47 AM   #14
Zabjade

Loremaster

Lodrelhai wrote:

So all the other appearance wings that go into cloak slots make perfect sense, but the idea that some wizard enchanted a pair of those so they will actually fly is completely outside the realm of possibility?

I sorta understood the complaints about the squirrels not appearing anywhere on Norrath, but we've had people running around with fake wings for years now.  Combining them with an improved "flying carpet" enchantment seems a logical, even obvious, next step.

I'm agreeing with you, Mages and other classes in EQ1 had some levitation spells, that and the Eye of Zomm are missing among other things from mages.

i can perfectly see some Mage coming up with this method of flight, as par of his or her experiments into true levitation and selling the idea to the Far Seas trading Company (aka SC)

Old 01-12-2012, 03:15 AM   #15
Felshades

Loremaster

Zabjade wrote:

Lodrelhai wrote:

I'm agreeing with you, Mages and other classes in EQ1 had some levitation spells, that and the Eye of Zomm are missing among other things from mages.

i can perfectly see some Mage coming up with this method of flight, as par of his or her experiments into true levitation and selling the idea to the Far Seas trading Company (aka SC)

I like to think of it more as "I chopped off the wings of some poor pegasus and enchanted those to work".

Felshades is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-12-2012, 03:22 AM   #16
Lodrelhai

Loremaster

*snerks* That works too.  Hence my suggestion of a pair of prismatic bat wings dropping from Kerafyrm whenever we finally get to face him.

Lodrelhai is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-12-2012, 04:33 AM   #17
Iskandar

Loremaster

The Fae/Arasi plot to infiltrate and conquor the world is nearing it's climax! "One of us... one of ussssss...." /cackle

Or maybe we're getting ready for the next expansion, EverQuest II: Ming the Merciless!  "Second wave... DIIIIIIIIIVE!"

Dang it... now I want to watch Flash Gordon again.....

Iskandar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-12-2012, 05:13 AM   #18
Tatwi

Loremaster

This is /facepalm awesome....

I never would have thought wings like this would be added to EQ2! You guys/gals at SOE really just go out there and "get'r done", eh. That's something to be proud of.

Thanks for the wings!

Tatwi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-12-2012, 08:42 AM   #19
Crickett

Loremaster

Nice idea, the cost is holding me back though.....even when I consider "If I get them with my Illusionist would get two pair for the price of one".

Crickett is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-12-2012, 10:13 AM   #20
Seryndipity

Hero

Just my own 2 cp's worth: I am very selective about what I purchase from the SC store; when I saw these, the visual appeal and the concept behind using them did not appeal to me in the least. I'll just stick with my flying mount and be all the more happier for it. Thanks for reading SOE.

Flame of the Phoenix

Freeport server

Seryndipity is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-12-2012, 04:43 PM   #21
Deago

Loremaster

Somebody write up a playerbook on the lore for these wings SMILEY

"Thus I traveled down the cookie road a chip of chocolate fell down from a tree.  I picked it up and ate at thee and after that I could fly...."

Powerful chocolate chips SMILEY

Or how about...

"As I was walking down the nek road I got hungry and decided to eat a shroom..." 

SMILEY

Old 01-12-2012, 06:12 PM   #22
GrunEQ

Tester

Winter wrote:

Xisin wrote:

I agree with Xisin on this fully. I think they're awesome wings, but it makes no sense to me. Regardless, I can see why some people are excited about it. I just think actual flight makes sense with Fae and Arasai... randomly gained wings just.... what?

Now that individual wings have been introduced to the game, it is time to make Fae & Arasai wings actually work and let those races fly.

"O to be a voyager and a yoyeur no longer."

GrunEQ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-12-2012, 07:09 PM   #23
Rainmare
Server: Oasis
Guild: Pillage

Loremaster

They get to fly. there's a quest already in, and thier ability to fly without a 'mount' is probably what allowed this wings to be possible in the first place.

Rainmare is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-12-2012, 07:15 PM   #24
shots01

Lord

So the fae/arasai (sp) who have to wait till lvl 85/86 then read the lore and follow the traditions of their ancestors, and who have to spend about an hour or so, earning their wings...

now get to see some human or whomever is not fae/arasai....just go and buy them?

I don't think so.

shots01 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-12-2012, 07:17 PM   #25
shots01

Lord

Crickett wrote:

Nice idea, the cost is holding me back though.....even when I consider "If I get them with my Illusionist would get two pair for the price of one".

My Illusionist is a fae.  She earned her wings last night.

shots01 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-12-2012, 09:06 PM   #26
Therendil

Loremaster

They don't need lore or a storyline as long as there is money to be made. It's realistic to assume that the majority of players, especially the ones lured in by F2P, will never know or care about roleplaying or the Norrath story arc. So they'll snap these up no matter how little sense they make.

Therendil is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-12-2012, 10:11 PM   #27
Zabjade

Loremaster

Lore for flying? Okay, Th threw myself at the ground and...I missed...Yes my aim is that bad!

Old 01-13-2012, 03:46 AM   #28
GrunEQ

Tester

[email protected] wrote:

They get to fly. there's a quest already in, and thier ability to fly without a 'mount' is probably what allowed this wings to be possible in the first place.

What I mean is that they should be able to fly at level 1 like it's a racial ability.

"O to be a voyager and a yoyeur no longer."

GrunEQ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-13-2012, 07:29 AM   #29
Tyrus Dracofire

Loremaster

we need new lore for winged "Planars race (Celestials) and Styxians (Hellspawns)" from other sphere of domains.

yes, i agreed with few folks concerning the price of wings, it's too high. that is insane so that is avoidable to buy.

it make SOE very greedy and that days are now numbered, the end is coming but when?

i can only afford monthly sub, but spending for 100 bucks? i am trying to save for my car, home can often feel like prison when dont have a car, specialty living in small town that dont have city buses.

Tyrus Dracofire is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-13-2012, 12:59 PM   #30
Chakos

Loremaster

GrunEQ wrote:

[email protected] wrote:

What I mean is that they should be able to fly at level 1 like it's a racial ability.

No, they should not. Everyone, even those who buy these wings off the marketplace, have to wait til 85 to be able to actually fly; there is absolutely no reason for arasai / fae to be able to at level 1. Also, arasai / fae simply have to do a quest to use theirs, these cost money -- so that complaint also holds no water.

For those who keep complaining about lore, according to lore fae / arasai wings could not support flight, only hovering. They changed it due to customers badgering them for it, same goes for actual wing mounts -- there is NO difference. And lore is easily created for anything; those claiming "so now humans etc suddenly sprouted wings?" -- no, these are mounts, not a part of the person, that appear to be attached when in use.

Chakos is offline   Reply With Quote