EQ2 Forum Archive @ EQ2Wire

Go Back   EQ2 Forum Archive @ EQ2Wire > EverQuest II > Chains of Eternity Beta > General (CoE Beta) > General Discussion
Members List Search Mark Forums Read

Notices

Old 10-23-2012, 01:57 AM   #1
Mogrim

Loremaster

I downloaded and launched Beta. I did the full install, didn't copy anything over, just let the game do the full install. First time I logged into Beta, everything worked fantastic. Then, while in Sebilis doing some leveling (while I'm quasi working from home) the game just goes down like the server crashed, and from this point on...1) Launcher queues up for about 2-4 seconds, and then just turns off. 2) I must use everquest2.exe to log into the game, even on normal servers. 3) While I can launch Beta, I cannot create, delete, or enter game with any of my already-created Characters. 4) When attempting to enter game on a Character already in Beta, the game crashes right away.

Old 10-23-2012, 02:10 AM   #2
Mogrim

Loremaster

Add'l infoI have an AMD Radeon HD 6900 Series Video Card with up to date drivers.My DirectX is fully up to date with current drivers.

Old 10-23-2012, 02:54 AM   #3
Mogrim

Loremaster

Deleting the Launchpad.libs subfolder from the Everquest II folder fixed this. Launcher-repatched itself on next boot up attempt, and advised it needed to replace eq2.ico or something like that.Re-downloading Beta to see if I can reproduce the issue. If I can, that might help solve the issue for others.

Old 10-23-2012, 04:32 AM   #4
Kasar

Loremaster

I have an ATI 4870 and it loads fine.  It kept crashing and resetting the video drivers, and it progressively got worse.

Checked drivers and heat and found nothing, actually overclocked it 20% now and the normal client is still fine on high quality, the beta crashes after several minutes.  I went months without playing EQ2 when it behaved this way before, hopefully that's not a feature of the expansion or I'll be out until another GU.

Kasar is offline   Reply With Quote