EQ2 Forum Archive @ EQ2Wire

Go Back   EQ2 Forum Archive @ EQ2Wire > EverQuest II > The Norrathian Herald > Community News
Members List Search Mark Forums Read

Notices

Old 01-03-2012, 12:59 PM   #61
Banedon_Toran

Lord

[email protected] wrote:

Banedon_Toran wrote:

[email protected] wrote:

Now I just wonder how they will compensate for the veteran and Station Cash XP bonus potions that people have used already without getting the server bonus.

Of course I don't believe they will ever be able to compensate for wasted XP/AA from turning in quests, collections, L&L believeing SOE would stay true to their word, but NO of course not.

The least they can do is:

• to announce a new weekend of a new 36 hour period immediately, so those of us in Europe who have wasted 15 hours of the day already without bonus get to use the time
  • Either check logs or give everyone 5-10 1 hr 110% xp potions to compensate for the ones we have used.

Why do you need compensating? You do realise that all bonuses are added, not multiplied? Using a 110% potion during "double xp" doesn't make the potion 220% since the only xp that is "doubled" is the base xp. As an example, yesterday I was crafting with a 110% potion, vitality, and 7 other level 90 tradeskillers on the account, as such I got... XP + 100% XP (server) + 110% XP (potion) + 140% XP (7 level 90's) + 200% XP (vitality) for a total 550% bonus xp. NOT XP + 110% XP (potion) + 140% XP (7 level 90's) + 200% XP (vitality) X2 (double xp) for 1000% bonus xp.

You fail at logic and math.

Mouseover the xp bar in the char window and you will see the bonus.

I'm afraid that you fail, since mouseover of the xp bar is exactly where I got the values I quoted above. It's a common misconception, but the bonuses haven't worked that way for over a year, I believe roughly from the point that Sony started selling them a lot on SC... Next time we get double xp pay attention to your xp bar, and also to the actual xp numbers reported in your chat window, then do the math.
Banedon_Toran is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-03-2012, 01:12 PM   #62
Bhrom

Defender

Obviously I would hope some announcement will be made why this ended a day early to what was posted here, regardless of what was originally posted. The fact of the matter is this community news and the facebook page stated January 3rd, 11:59PM. More than likely it was a mistake, no big deal. But if nothing is said, business is usual then the only thing affected is the credibility of what they state on official forums.

I would hope Sony would honor what they claimed.

- Vox -

4980 kills

918 deaths
Bhrom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-03-2012, 01:14 PM   #63
Elskidor

Loremaster

Amusing how they have the time to close down a thread because it's being discussed elsewhere, but don't have the time to report what is going on. 5 days did seem like way too much compared to normal xp weekends, but they reported as such so should compensate.

Elskidor is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-03-2012, 01:18 PM   #64
Mortac

Loremaster

My god, this game is run by incompetent people. First you mix up your info, contradicting yourselves saying 4 days AND 5 days, then confirm that it is indeed 5 days. Now it ended already, after 4 days. Someone makes a thread complaining about it, and it gets closed because "it's being discussed elsewhere". How about giving us an answer instead? Geez.

Thanks for screwing my planning by the way. It said 5 days so I took the time to do other things and then grind today, but I guess that ain't happening now, is it? Sigh.

Mortac is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-03-2012, 01:25 PM   #65
Artemir

Lord

Just wanted to add, noting that I am very disappointed that double xp ended early.  I would love to see it extended an additional day for the mixup.

~90 Guardian~

~90 Warden~
Artemir is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-03-2012, 01:25 PM   #66
Cyliena
Server: Everfrost
Guild: Crusaders of Neriak

Fansite Staff

[email protected] wrote:

Amusing how they have the time to close down a thread because it's being discussed elsewhere, but don't have the time to report what is going on. 5 days did seem like way too much compared to normal xp weekends, but they reported as such so should compensate.

Forum Moderators (like the one who shut down a thread in general) are not in any position to comment about what happened.

Cyliena is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-03-2012, 01:36 PM   #67
Woody67

Loremaster

It is things like this that erode the sense of professionalism with your client base, especially when you are trying to build it.  Stuff like this points to a lack of communication with-in the team itself.

Woody67 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-03-2012, 01:58 PM   #68
Onurissa
Server: Antonia Bayle
Guild: Order of Marr

Lord

Well its up and running again, too bad some people lost half a day of bonus in process...

Onurissa is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-03-2012, 01:59 PM   #69
clairebear

Lord

Would like a comment on whether we are getting an extra day. Those in Europe and such have lost practically a whole day - 5pm here now and later in other countries.

Main: Skyefall (Ward)

Main Alt: Squeakin (Zerk)

Guild & RC: Beyond Divine

Alt Guild: House of Dragons
clairebear is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-03-2012, 02:05 PM   #70
petier

Loremaster

it's not so bad that the exp was cut early, what sucks is it was cut early and no info was posted to let us know, I bought several station cash exp pots so i could take advantage of lvling some characters crafting ( which is like watching paint dry for me) and now i'm out several k in station cash. Oh and before someone replys that station cash was cheep for the last few weeks, the price was not cheep 5 months ago when i got it.

petier is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-03-2012, 02:08 PM   #71
mrdillman

Loremaster

just got back on the game...and its now showing 100% server bonus SMILEY

mrdillman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-03-2012, 02:11 PM   #72
Ramion

Loremaster

[email protected] wrote:

Would like a comment on whether we are getting an extra day. Those in Europe and such have lost practically a whole day - 5pm here now and later in other countries.

I'm in the same boat, in AST (GMT -4), today was the only day I was going to be able to take advantage of the double xp and I had set aside time from 7am (3am PST) to 2pm (10am PST), its turned back on now, but that leaves me with an hour compared to the 7 I had planned, before I Have to go to work...

Like a lot of people I had a very busy holiday weekend, knowing that it was extended into today made it so I didn't have to worry about squeezing in time on otherwise full days to play. hopefully they'll extend it until tomorrow night, I know I would be grateful for it. If they don't and it ends tonight I will be a little disapointed, but its not something we paid for or were entitled to, this weekend was a holiday gift from SoE to its player base. it encountered a bit of a snag and thats too bad, but its still a nice gesture by SoE and something they didn't have to do for us, so regardless of the outcome of the bonus time,

Thank you.

Ramion is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-03-2012, 02:18 PM   #73
clairebear

Lord

I am very disappointed to see that Isulith among other red names have been online and yet none have commented about what they plan to do...

Main: Skyefall (Ward)

Main Alt: Squeakin (Zerk)

Guild & RC: Beyond Divine

Alt Guild: House of Dragons
clairebear is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-03-2012, 02:20 PM   #74
Onurissa
Server: Antonia Bayle
Guild: Order of Marr

Lord

[email protected] wrote:

I am very disappointed to see that Isulith among other red names have been online and yet none have commented about what they plan to do...

They have done all they "plan to do" they turned it back on. They wont do anything else unfortunately.

Onurissa is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-03-2012, 02:21 PM   #75
vexrm

Loremaster

[email protected] wrote:

This is to all posts like this, not just this one. They probably haven't responded because they don't know. They've been in the office for a little over an hour, maybe, at this point. They had this fire flung at them. They are probably trying to figure out what the response should be. Who knows what else they have on their plate this moring after a holiday? Give them a little bit. Now having said that, if we don't hear anything by end of today? Drag out the torches and pitchforks.

Old 01-03-2012, 02:28 PM   #76
Naraku

Loremaster

vexrm wrote:

[email protected] wrote:

This is to all posts like this, not just this one. They probably haven't responded because they don't know. They've been in the office for a little over an hour, maybe, at this point. They had this fire flung at them. They are probably trying to figure out what the response should be. Who knows what else they have on their plate this moring after a holiday? Give them a little bit. Now having said that, if we don't hear anything by end of today? Drag out the torches and pitchforks.

This is how I feel, though I expect a response to the situation, and hopefully maybe a bonus for all the frustration this has caused for those of us who had been up for the hours it has been off. : /

Naraku is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-03-2012, 02:32 PM   #77
Isulith

Community Relations

On Thursday, 12/29/11 we announced a Bonus Experience Weekend from December 30th - January 3rd. This was an error on our part; it was supposed to end on January 2nd. Because of our mistake, we are extending the Double XP until January 4th at 9:00 AM PST. We greatly apologize for the inconvenience and understand your frustrations. The Double XP is live again so go out there and get adventuring!

Isulith is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-03-2012, 02:59 PM   #78
Ramion

Loremaster

Isulith wrote:

On Thursday, 12/29/11 we announced a Bonus Experience Weekend from December 30th - January 3rd. This was an error on our part; it was supposed to end on January 2nd. Because of our mistake, we are extending the Double XP until January 4th at 9:00 AM PST. We greatly apologize for the inconvenience and understand your frustrations. The Double XP is live again so go out there and get adventuring!

Thank you for the response Isulith, and thank you to the Dev team and others involved for extending this bonus.

Ramion is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-03-2012, 03:31 PM   #79
Tielk
Server: Everfrost
Guild: Stormsurge

Lord

Another " Thank You " for the response Isulith and to the team at SOE for extending the 2XP bonus.  Some of us do appreciate the work you all do and realize everyone can make mistakes.

Tielk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-03-2012, 04:33 PM   #80
shots01

Lord

Isulith wrote:

Oh thank you!! Hands you yer happy new year cupcakes!

shots01 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-03-2012, 05:57 PM   #81
Keikoku
Server: Permafrost

Loremaster

Isulith wrote:

Thank you so very much!

Keikoku is offline   Reply With Quote