EQ2 Forum Archive @ EQ2Wire

Go Back   EQ2 Forum Archive @ EQ2Wire > EverQuest II > General EverQuest II Discussion > Spells, Abilities, and General Class Discussion
Members List Search Mark Forums Read

Notices

Old 02-02-2012, 07:31 PM   #31
Talathion
Server: Antonia Bayle
Guild: Cladire Mortii

Loremaster

No.

Brawlers are the best Tanks

Beastlords are the best DPS.

Nothing else compares, by far.

Talathion is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-03-2012, 05:44 AM   #32
Odys
Server: Storms
Guild: Eternitalis

Loremaster

[email protected] DLere wrote:

[email protected] wrote

Please stop posting nonsense. No one but seemingly you wants classes merged. If I'd wanted to be a  Fury I'd be a Fury

The warden is currently simply a furie missing some abiltiies, if you don't understand that i m sorry for you. Some people  are stupid and bad at maths. Indeed most people are stupid and terrible at maths.

Warden and furies were acutally almost merged when they were given similar heroic AAs and similar gear.

I m laughing each time i hear that furies cannot solo heal as well as wardens, there must be quite a lot of abyssal fures around.

SK/Paladin are quite differents but furies and warden are not.

Old 02-03-2012, 05:46 AM   #33
Odys
Server: Storms
Guild: Eternitalis

Loremaster

[email protected] Bayle wrote:

Brawlers are the best Tanks

I m not saying you are wrong but explain me why leather tanks are so rare ?

Old 02-03-2012, 10:36 AM   #34
Banditman

Loremaster

Because to be a GOOD Brawler you have to be, well, not a terrible player.

Because too many people roll Brawlers because of their ability to FD flop and farm names. 

Because too many Brawlers think they are DPS.

There are dozens of reasons why there are so few Brawler tanks, but so many Brawlers.  There are barely a handful of decent Brawler tanks in the game.

Old 02-03-2012, 12:55 PM   #35
Vitriol
Server: Splitpaw
Guild: Knights of the White Shield

Loremaster

[email protected] wrote:

A good move could be to merge warden and furies both can solo heal and cure (unlike templar and mystics), brig an aoe blocker, have some anti stiffle trick (unlike mystics) and can be specced for range dps.

Please stop playing a warden immediately.  You are possibly the stupidest person I've ever seen make comments about wardens

Vitriol is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-09-2012, 04:42 PM   #36
Freejazzlive

Loremaster

Bauglir wrote:

1.  Are classes balanced in this game in regards to their group and raid contributions?

Define what you mean by "contributions," please. Are you talking strictly about DPS/HPS, or do you mean the "full Monty" of abilities?

Golgi Apparati, Swashbuckler of Freeport

Aheedi Adaephon, Warlock of Freeport
Freejazzlive is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-09-2012, 07:31 PM   #37
Rageincarnate
Server: Unrest
Guild: Vindication

Loremaster

Revmp heroic ops !! put some good abilities in the ho's !!

Stoneskins, hit rate mods, dps increases, whatever.. make em work for it rather then a button push or roll x class!

Apply balance to the combat system since class balance seems so difficult!

Rageincarnate is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-24-2012, 10:15 PM   #38
Oakum

Loremaster

Mohee wrote:

I think a lot of the discrepency you'll find in EQ2 is people will say "oh, this healer class is not as balanced because it can't do the DPS of this other healer class." Which to me are quite humorous arguments.

Actually, that just shows a lack of knowledge of the healer classes and sub classes or possibly, you are in one of the flavor of year for the last 4 years healer classes.

While dps is not as important to the three healer classes as a T1 or T2 dps, it affects soloabilty and lvling initially so is important to all classes and not just healers either. I guess you were not around when trying to lvl a temp or defiler or bard before the buffed up their dps to kill more quickly. Leveling those classes was pretty much a group only option due to dps being so low.

Let me educate you a little, lol.

All healers are supposed to be relatively equal in their ability to heal a group. That is the primary side of any priest subclass.

Now there are secondary sides of pretty much all classes inclding priests.

For clerics, its temp buffs. Templers tend to buff for group survivablity and inquisitors for upping group dps.

Shaman its debuffs. One debuffs the mob to do less damage and one debuffs the mob to take more damage.

Druids secondary is DPS. Wardens, with the intro of melee priest, tend to be melee, single target orientated and furys spell with more aoe's.

This is easy to verifiy if you look at their quck casting non heal spells/abilities, ones with less then a minute recast. See who has the most temp buffs, debuffs, and damage.

Now with that in mind, any other priest sub class being able to out dps an equally geared/skilled druid is severely unbalanced as that is the main secondary side of being a druid. How did it happen? It happened when they upped the dps of all priest and utility classes (bard and chanter too) to make soloing easier but they never raised druid dps as nearly as much as they needed to bring the secondary side of priest classes back into "balance" meaning druids significantly out dps cleric and shaman.  

Most priest that post in the forums focus on raids though for balance issues and not overall class abilities and  secondary sides for all content, probably just like you seem to be doing. Balance is not making the classes cookie cutter though. Druids trade dps for having a lot of buffs and debuffs like clerics and shaman.

Druids, and especially wardens, have the issue of what do they bring to raids. Clerics and shaman, with, their buffs and debuffs as well as their primary heal types tend to be more useful. Fury's seem to be okay for mage groups but the inquisitor, from some posts i read, may be more and more the prefered choice for it and other groups too, even taking the place of the templer in the MT group.

The devs have a tough time balancing the classes and have been unable to find a way to not only fix wardens to be wanted in raids as more then the a third healer for the MT group if needed and from what I read about raid mobs not doing nearly as much single target as aoe orientated, three healer MT groups are probably not very common now anyway so its worse then before. GU-13, the last big class balance attempt, was the start of the "wanted for raid" inequality of classes with some classes becoming leapfrogging each other in desirability from one lvl change to another although it did fix a lot of other class issues at the time for a lot of classes.

Class mergers are not the answer though, lol. I too guessed this threads purpose.

Old 03-24-2012, 10:28 PM   #39
Oakum

Loremaster

[email protected] wrote:

[email protected] DLere wrote:

[email protected] wrote

Please stop posting nonsense. No one but seemingly you wants classes merged. If I'd wanted to be a  Fury I'd be a Fury

The warden is currently simply a furie missing some abiltiies, if you don't understand that i m sorry for you. Some people  are stupid and bad at maths. Indeed most people are stupid and terrible at maths.

Warden and furies were acutally almost merged when they were given similar heroic AAs and similar gear.

I m laughing each time i hear that furies cannot solo heal as well as wardens, there must be quite a lot of abyssal fures around.

SK/Paladin are quite differents but furies and warden are not.

You have to love someone (its good for a laugh, like a 3 year old explaining how the goverment works, lol) who has only played, according to his info, for a little over 3 years and thinks he/she knows enough about all 25 classes to say they should be merged and which ones. I have 18 classes at lvl 90 between my two accounts and I do not see any class as being exactly the same like you do. When you get all classes to lvl 92 now, with max aa and prestigege aa's too, and play them significantly in solo, group and raid. Then I might be more inclined to take  a little more serious yours and anyone else who makes these "SOE should merge classes" posts. lol.