EQ2 Forum Archive @ EQ2Wire

Go Back   EQ2 Forum Archive @ EQ2Wire > EverQuest II > General EverQuest II Discussion > Battlegrounds
Members List Search Mark Forums Read

Notices

Old 10-09-2010, 07:40 PM   #61
Notsovilepriest
Server: Nagafen
Guild: Ill Gotten Gain

Loremaster

StaticLex wrote:

I DARE anyone to try and tell me that if all the tanks in BGs suddenly switched to being guardians (for example), without actually changing a single stat or ability on any tank class, that not a single person would show up in this forum complaining about how OP guardians are.

It wouldn't happen!  And I think you know it.

Guardians are absolutely amazing at holding agro, Staying alive in PvP and doing damage is a different story. I'd got as far as saying their Agro in PvP is OP, but their lack in other areas balance them.

Old 10-09-2010, 07:40 PM   #62
StaticLex

Loremaster

Stylish wrote:

StaticLex wrote:

Crismorn wrote:

Yes, the vast majority of people gravitate towards weaker class with less potential then the other ones, how could I miss such sound logic

lol Guards certainly aren't any weaker than zerkers.  And paladins aren't less "OP" than SKs.  Both of them just happen to be played less and consequently don't get picked on by the simple minded noobs who flame whatever class they see the most.

You cannot be serious....

Not my fault every guard you've ever played was apparently terrible..

When you've played this game for ten years and gone to bat seven-thousand times and gotten two-thousand hits do you know what that really means? It means you've gone zero for five-thousand. --- Reggie Jackson
StaticLex is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-09-2010, 07:48 PM   #63
StaticLex

Loremaster

[email protected] wrote:

StaticLex wrote:

I DARE anyone to try and tell me that if all the tanks in BGs suddenly switched to being guardians (for example), without actually changing a single stat or ability on any tank class, that not a single person would show up in this forum complaining about how OP guardians are.

It wouldn't happen!  And I think you know it.

Guardians are absolutely amazing at holding agro, Staying alive in PvP and doing damage is a different story. I'd got as far as saying their Agro in PvP is OP, but their lack in other areas balance them.

I don't know where you get the staying alive thing, next to brawlers guardians seem to take less damage than the other tanks.  Anyway, as long as a tank holds aggro, preferably off a healer that is somewhat less than incompetent, nothing else matters.  I guess this means guardians are OP to me.  Time to petition soe!

When you've played this game for ten years and gone to bat seven-thousand times and gotten two-thousand hits do you know what that really means? It means you've gone zero for five-thousand. --- Reggie Jackson
Old 10-09-2010, 07:48 PM   #64
Crismorn

Loremaster

Crismorn wrote:

StaticLex wrote:

I'm starting to see rangers flood BGs now also, so it's definitely only a matter of time before they become a permanent fixture on the nerf list.

Just stop

Crismorn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-09-2010, 08:30 PM   #65
Stylish

Loremaster

StaticLex wrote:

Stylish wrote:

StaticLex wrote:

Crismorn wrote:

Yes, the vast majority of people gravitate towards weaker class with less potential then the other ones, how could I miss such sound logic

lol Guards certainly aren't any weaker than zerkers.  And paladins aren't less "OP" than SKs.  Both of them just happen to be played less and consequently don't get picked on by the simple minded noobs who flame whatever class they see the most.

You cannot be serious....

Not my fault every guard you've ever played was apparently terrible..

Yes because I base my opinion on watching other people play...or it could be I've played both zerker and guard at 90.

Stylish is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-09-2010, 08:47 PM   #66
tantric

Loremaster

Well I get a Kick out of Reading this stuff on Sat. while I'm sitting at work. I play a Wiz and I'm here to tell you that wardens are very killable.......I do it all the Time you just got to know how to turn the spit while you cook em. Dispal Magic is your friend adorn you gear and spec for Cast speed/reuse every time that DM is up you pop im again and then drop in Cease..........if he has frfiends around overheat him by using the group dots and hammer him with damage..get his head spinning trying to strip all the Dots and rush in drop a BoD+Fusion followed by Freehand  IC and whatever else you can slip in then watch the fireworks......I droppped the Same warden solo 4 times in a row on night in Ganak....She had good PVP gear and was from Nagafen but every time she hopped off the Respawn I had Storming tempest on her before she could hit the ground

so Quit Whinin about Wardens already and change the tactics you are using.

There may be one or two rare wardens out there who are tough nuts to crack solo but Gimme another good wiz and a some Power regen and will melt that Berg.

tantric is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-09-2010, 08:53 PM   #67
Notsovilepriest

Loremaster

tantric wrote:

Well I get a Kick out of Reading this stuff on Sat. while I'm sitting at work. I play a Wiz and I'm here to tell you that wardens are very killable.......I do it all the Time you just got to know how to turn the spit while you cook em. Dispal Magic is your friend adorn you gear and spec for Cast speed/reuse every time that DM is up you pop im again and then drop in Cease..........if he has frfiends around overheat him by using the group dots and hammer him with damage..get his head spinning trying to strip all the Dots and rush in drop a BoD+Fusion followed by Freehand  IC and whatever else you can slip in then watch the fireworks......I droppped the Same warden solo 4 times in a row on night in Ganak....She had good PVP gear and was from Nagafen but every time she hopped off the Respawn I had Storming tempest on her before she could hit the ground

so Quit Whinin about Wardens already and change the tactics you are using.

There may be one or two rare wardens out there who are tough nuts to crack solo but Gimme another good wiz and a some Power regen and will melt that Berg.

Who was this warden? Having PvP gear doesn't equate into being a good player, it's simple as that. Anyone can have PvP gear and still be terrible. My 85 alt with 130 AA has 6-8 pieces of it, and I'm far from "good" at it.

Old 10-09-2010, 09:08 PM   #68
Crismorn

Loremaster

He is probably a warden himself

Crismorn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-09-2010, 11:08 PM   #69
StaticLex

Loremaster

tantric wrote:

She had good PVP gear and was from Nagafen but every time she hopped off the Respawn I had Storming tempest on her before she could hit the ground

Storming Tempest is pretty irritating actually.  heh

Old 10-09-2010, 11:42 PM   #70
Rahatmattata

Loremaster

Crismorn wrote:

Fact.

Wardens were few and far between when bg's came out and they died with ease like any other healer, now they are by far the most common healer in bg's and the vast majority rarely die.

You can make any conclusions from that as you wish

Fact.

Your whole post is opinion.

(nerf wardens, shadowknights, rangers, inquisitors)

A Cure For Cancer
Rahatmattata is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-10-2010, 01:53 AM   #71
Corydonn

Loremaster

Rahatmattata wrote:

Crismorn wrote:

Fact.

Wardens were few and far between when bg's came out and they died with ease like any other healer, now they are by far the most common healer in bg's and the vast majority rarely die.

You can make any conclusions from that as you wish

Fact.

Your whole post is opinion.

(nerf wardens, shadowknights, rangers, inquisitors, bruisers)

Fixed.

Corydonn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-10-2010, 11:54 AM   #72
tullebukk

Loremaster

I honestly cant see how any wardens can die solo to a wizard..

3 cures + Tranquility + Elemental Ward.

But then again, I guess it depends on gear/AA/Adorns. Just sounds very weird to me..

Old 10-10-2010, 04:34 PM   #73
Rahatmattata

Loremaster

Corydonn wrote:

Fixed.

Bruisers are trash.

A Cure For Cancer
Rahatmattata is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-10-2010, 05:24 PM   #74
Sinaya
Server: Oasis
Guild: Rawr

Loremaster

[email protected] wrote:

Peoples ignorance of how things actually work, and blind bias because they play a certain class never ceases to amaze me.

Sad as it is, I've probally put more time and effort into my toon, in and out of PvP, than anyone should. Granted a good amount of it was in HS though.

People's pretentiousness never ceases to amaze me. I'm sorry I don't spend as much time studying your class as you do. I'm going to go play outside since my Priest-Shadowknight is too overpowered to be worthwhile to enjoy.

Sinaya is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-10-2010, 11:26 PM   #75
Mythicor

Loremaster

Best way to kill a warden is to kill everyone else in their group first since 90% of the wardens ive grouped with cant group heal worth a [Removed for Content]. They can heal themselves amazingly well. Problem is everyone goes for the healer first which doesnt work against geared wardens. For all those huge warden parses out there look at their damage recieved. Big chunk of it is usually them just healing themselves.
Old 10-11-2010, 01:30 AM   #76
Notsovilepriest

Loremaster

Mythicor wrote:

Best way to kill a warden is to kill everyone else in their group first since 90% of the wardens ive grouped with cant group heal worth a [Removed for Content]. They can heal themselves amazingly well. Problem is everyone goes for the healer first which doesnt work against geared wardens. For all those huge warden parses out there look at their damage recieved. Big chunk of it is usually them just healing themselves.

wardens are the 1st or 2nd best group healers in PvP, people just run out of range of them and die, or wear crap gear.

Old 10-11-2010, 04:20 AM   #77
Darkor
Guild: Nexus

Loremaster

Mythicor wrote:

I hate to agree on here but its the truth. Ive had some klakanon bgs yesterday and ofcourse both teams had their fair share of zerkers, brawlers and shadowknights. In one specific round were 2 brawler and 1 sk with + some others + a healing warden and i could hardly believe what i saw. I could burn down the tanks easily because of their lack of toughness gear but it was impossible to touch the healer. I dont remember if we actually managed to kill him once but we won the round by totally destroying his grp members who he couldnt keep up. Weird stuff happening nowdays in pvp.

Darkor 90 Swashbuckler

Daerkin 90 Shadowknight

Daerkor 90 Templar

Ajjantis 90 Warden

Melodic 90 Dirge

Dayo 90 Monk

Rasiel 88 Conjuror

Razyeel 70 Wizard

Biyon 65 Beastlord
Darkor is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-11-2010, 05:47 AM   #78
Mythicor

Loremaster

[email protected] wrote:

Mythicor wrote:

wardens are the 1st or 2nd best group healers in PvP, people just run out of range of them and die, or wear crap gear.

Wardens are the best self healers, the end.  Besides davionx in heal spec.

They might be capable of being best group healers, but most are crap.

Old 10-11-2010, 08:47 AM   #79
Avirodar
Guild: Tyranny

Loremaster

Ajjantis wrote:

Mythicor wrote:

I hate to agree on here but its the truth. Ive had some klakanon bgs yesterday and ofcourse both teams had their fair share of zerkers, brawlers and shadowknights. In one specific round were 2 brawler and 1 sk with + some others + a healing warden and i could hardly believe what i saw. I could burn down the tanks easily because of their lack of toughness gear but it was impossible to touch the healer. I dont remember if we actually managed to kill him once but we won the round by totally destroying his grp members who he couldnt keep up. Weird stuff happening nowdays in pvp.

Short and sweet.Well DUH??!?!  You could kill a poorly geared tank easier than the most overpowered healer class in BG/PVP combat?grats...........Edit: I can kill poorly geared druids in 1 or 2 auto attacks. It proves nothing. A toon with trash gear, played by a clueless noob, will be an easy kill. It is just a lot easier to excel with a warden than any other healer.

Old 10-12-2010, 08:02 PM   #80
Oakum

Loremaster

[email protected] wrote:

Ajjantis wrote:

Mythicor wrote:

Short and sweet.Well DUH??!?!  You could kill a poorly geared tank easier than the most overpowered healer class in BG/PVP combat?grats...........Edit: I can kill poorly geared druids in 1 or 2 auto attacks. It proves nothing. A toon with trash gear, played by a clueless noob, will be an easy kill. It is just a lot easier to excel with a warden than any other healer.

Lol, some of the posts here show a great lack of knowledge about the warden class. Its actually easier to heal the group in bg's cause with the taunts and group heals actually going further then single target, thats is what is cast. Spam group heals over and over and let the hot portions of them stack to keep the group up after the first half of the heal hit. Most healers will spend 90 percent of their time taunt locked if facing a knowledgable tank. Tranquility being nerfed was one of the big things that allowed wardens to survive since it cured and healed the smart warden who put it on himself.

Thats okay, most healers wont want to go to bg's now. I may go once in my full set of bg gear to see how bad it is in the next couple of days.

Its funny that most of the crying to get wardens and all healers nerfed were from dps classes who want to be able to one shot them, lol. They dont like to actually use stratagy to take down a tough group like coordinating attacks, picking weaker targets, talking to each other to coordinate debuffing/stunning with big attacks.

I know, no one wants to think or talk in the game any more. I have given up on any bg's using that though, but I dont cry nerf the clerics, tanks, scouts, and mages cause I cant kill them either, lol. Guess that is a scout/mage thing, lol.

Now your right about the toughness part. A warden cant ward or put a reactive to buy time like cleric or shaman can so any group member with poor gear will go down faster then regens can tick on them.

Old 10-13-2010, 06:47 AM   #81
Condara

Lord

Oakum wrote:

[email protected] wrote:

Ajjantis wrote:

Mythicor wrote:

Lol, some of the posts here show a great lack of knowledge about the warden class. Its actually easier to heal the group in bg's cause with the taunts and group heals actually going further then single target, thats is what is cast. Spam group heals over and over and let the hot portions of them stack to keep the group up after the first half of the heal hit. Most healers will spend 90 percent of their time taunt locked if facing a knowledgable tank. Tranquility being nerfed was one of the big things that allowed wardens to survive since it cured and healed the smart warden who put it on himself.

Thats okay, most healers wont want to go to bg's now. I may go once in my full set of bg gear to see how bad it is in the next couple of days.

Its funny that most of the crying to get wardens and all healers nerfed were from dps classes who want to be able to one shot them, lol. They dont like to actually use stratagy to take down a tough group like coordinating attacks, picking weaker targets, talking to each other to coordinate debuffing/stunning with big attacks.

I know, no one wants to think or talk in the game any more. I have given up on any bg's using that though, but I dont cry nerf the clerics, tanks, scouts, and mages cause I cant kill them either, lol. Guess that is a scout/mage thing, lol.

Now your right about the toughness part. A warden cant ward or put a reactive to buy time like cleric or shaman can so any group member with poor gear will go down faster then regens can tick on them.

Lots of strategy involved with taunt locked for 10s at a time in a gears match.  Lets all time our burst dps on that tank ftw!  Wait lets all work together so us 6 defending the flag in Ganak can time our burst dps and kill the solo warden that runs in.  -50% snare and root immune, woot!  Use those tactics!

Condara is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-13-2010, 06:55 AM   #82
Darkor
Guild: Nexus

Loremaster

Oakum wrote:

[email protected] wrote:

Ajjantis wrote:

Mythicor wrote:

You wouldnt be taunt locked by a tank if you had a decent tank yourself. This is a grp game guys. Go widen your horizon allready, the amount of QQ is getting tired.

Darkor 90 Swashbuckler

Daerkin 90 Shadowknight

Daerkor 90 Templar

Ajjantis 90 Warden

Melodic 90 Dirge

Dayo 90 Monk

Rasiel 88 Conjuror

Razyeel 70 Wizard

Biyon 65 Beastlord
Darkor is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-13-2010, 07:15 AM   #83
Condara

Lord

Ajjantis wrote:

Oakum wrote:

[email protected] wrote:

Ajjantis wrote:

Mythicor wrote:

You wouldnt be taunt locked by a tank if you had a decent tank yourself. This is a grp game guys. Go widen your horizon allready, the amount of QQ is getting tired.

Please dont derail the god mode thread.  Now sacrifice a virgin (excluding yourself)

Condara is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-13-2010, 11:52 AM   #84
Avirodar
Guild: Tyranny

Loremaster

Ajjantis wrote:

If you think a tank on your team will abate the flow of taunts from any competent zerker or SK, you need to play BGs more.

Old 10-13-2010, 12:08 PM   #85
Magnis
Guild: Volcan

Loremaster

hard to taunt lock on my monk

/sad

but i try

Magnis is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-13-2010, 01:16 PM   #86
tullebukk

Loremaster

Since there seem to be a certain confusion about what wardens have or dont have, I figured id give away our super leet secrets and just screenshot it all for you kids..

- (And yes, Notso.. We do get 135 focus just from spells/AAs../giggle)

Old 10-13-2010, 04:55 PM   #87
StaticLex

Loremaster

Ajjantis wrote:

You wouldnt be taunt locked by a tank if you had a decent tank yourself.

lol?

Yoda says the noob is strong with this one..

Old 10-14-2010, 12:40 AM   #88
Amanathia

Loremaster

Warden god mode NOT ANYMORE muhahahahaha..  This patch rocks.

Amanathia is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-19-2010, 09:07 PM   #89
Davish_Darkwolf

Loremaster

[email protected] wrote:

Well I never thought I would post this but omg just left a Garank bg were there where 4-12 of us beating on this one warden and his health never moved or his power, how do the other classes get a setup like that ?.

Soe has nerfed lets see scouts, casters, bards and fighters for bg's, Inq Temps Def and mystics only have to have 1 or 2  people beating on them to die but waredns stand tall in the thick of the bg's in leather armour impervious to harm when theres a x2 raid beating on them imo thats bs

Any game who has a class that needs to be ganged up to die  =   FAIL

Any game who puts healers on almost  untouchable mode  =  EPIC FAIL

Learn from other more experienced PvP  games SOE,  healers and cloth classes should rely  HEAVILY  on protection from other players/distance if they don't want to die.

This scenario is pretty common, together with   "dead in few shots while you can't even get close"  by  Rangers nowadays.

You guys have completely no idea how the  "Jack of all trades"  phylosophy  is killing  PvP   in EQ2

Some people are squichy and should remain like that, it's their nature to be and the price they pay,  when you can't even get close to them to kill them  or  when you need a huge amount of players to take you down something is terribly wrong with that picture.

Danger builds strategy,  godlike mode doesn't,   else  put a healer on a cave somewhere so we can raid him "boss mode",  this is a PvP battleground, not a ridiculous raid.