EQ2 Forum Archive @ EQ2Wire

Go Back   EQ2 Forum Archive @ EQ2Wire > EverQuest II > Support Forums > Tech Area > Forum Help and Discussion
Members List Search Mark Forums Read

Notices

Old 05-13-2007, 06:33 PM   #1
MirageKnight

Loremaster

I just wonder how to edit post as html for new forum now? I really miss using

tag for making psudo table like data showing. Wodner if anyone has figured out or jsut can't.
MirageKnight is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-13-2007, 07:28 PM   #2
Seagoat

Tester

There is no way to switch modes with the current WYSIWYG editor.

I've been told that you can edit the HTML directly if you disable Java in your browser's options, but I haven't tested this personally.

Seagoat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-13-2007, 11:35 PM   #3
MirageKnight

Loremaster

Ah thx for the tip. Hope "edit as html" or allowing to make table would be nice for some data sharing and so.
MirageKnight is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-13-2007, 11:59 PM   #4
Seagoat

Tester

I'm fairly certain that sort of thing has been mentioned in the stickied post above.  SMILEY  ( "Forum Issues List" )
Seagoat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-14-2007, 11:10 AM   #5
Tstorm

Tester

Seagoat wrote:
I'm fairly certain that sort of thing has been mentioned in the stickied post above.  SMILEY  ( "Forum Issues List" )
Indeed.  Aside from various issues that come up when the forum software gets an update, I am seeing very few new issues lately.  That is a good thing! SMILEY The desire to edit as HTML is understandable, but it isn't as simple as just turning off the WYSIWYG editor.  The underlying forum software has rules/limitations on HTML usage so just because you're editing all of a sudden in HTML doesn't mean you can do all kinds of things you couldn't do with the WYSIWYG editor.  Even the Lithium forums had this issue though at least it had a toggle so you could see the underlying code.  For example, HTML tables don't seem to work here (and didn't with Lithium either).