EQ2 Forum Archive @ EQ2Wire

Go Back   EQ2 Forum Archive @ EQ2Wire > EverQuest II > The Development Corner > In Testing Feedback
Members List Search Mark Forums Read

Notices

Old 04-29-2005, 11:39 AM   #1
oxig

General

- Instanced epic encounters off The Feerrott, The Commonlands, Antonica, and The Orcish Wastes will now drop metal treasure chests 100% of the time. They also had their reuse timers increased to either 6 or 8 days upon completion of a successful raid.

Well as a level 50 in a guild we are doing 2-3 of these instances every day. With a 6-8 day timer we will have nothing left to do and people will move to games other than eq2. Maybe SOE need to understand why we play

1) We want to be proud of our character and this is done through great loot. With this change, we will get 4 decent gear for 24 ppl every week, so I may have an item every 6 weeks. Well, I don't see the motivation. We already cannot wait for Zek instance to come every second day.

2) We want to have fun and the social aspect of the guild and grouping is great. If we only raid once or twice a week, this will be lost as well

3) We want to play, beat high level mobs, find strategies. I am not interrested in artisan and out of the 100 ppl I know though friends and guild, most enjoy adventuring more than crafting (not saying all, most). If you remove access to high level mobs, well many will loose interest

I feel that this is done to give more importance to artisan, but you will loose many people. I was opposed to the exchange concept, but I may finally use it SMILEY

oxig is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-29-2005, 11:46 AM   #2
Jhaan-Kre

While CURRENTLY i do like the change, as we only raid a few hours a night, i can understnad the frustration from the non mixed guilds (we have euro and us, and raid on a middle time zone that suits both). This will affect us as we get enough togethe to raid both time frames, and will make things harder.I do believe though, as people suggested, that an alternative zone type should be allowed. We should be able to pick either an 18hr complettion, or a 6 day master completetion. But the devs should no make them seperaete zones, otherwise its a farm fest. If they could make 2 identical instances, with a lockout difference that affects each other, then i think everyone would be happier.
Old 04-29-2005, 12:55 PM   #3
Andre

If no one of you all realized it - SoE trying with such move to force everyone in hight End guilds to lvl an Twink/alt. After all they trying to get 2 -3 months fee from oeple who are frustrated from lettle to no content beside RAID zonesSMILEY
Andre is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-29-2005, 01:31 PM   #4
Raistlan

Loremaster

I have to agree with the OP.  This is a terrible move, and may force a number of guild's to fold.  Why? Because we'll have nothing left to do for over half the week.  We don't want more loot from the zones, we'not not even asking for more content with this.  All we want is for you to not wreck what we can already do, and enjoy.  We're not guaranteed a metal chest, and most of us are fine with that.  We can't get the elite fabled items all the time, eventually it would glut the market.  Seriously, all we want is to have places we can go every night, as a guild, and kill stuff for fun, and with this change, you pretty much kill the social aspect of a raiding guild and put it down to one thing - loot. Please re-consider this change Sony.  The extra fabled items are nice, but the loss of the social experiences we already have, in exchange for these items? Not worth it.
Old 04-29-2005, 01:51 PM   #5
Mephe

Please forgive my bluntness for starters in this post, for those who I offend my apologies but the truth can do that at times.

Firstly I would like to say bravo to yet another sad implementation by the devs. When are you going to re-stamp the age rating from yrs 8 to 12 and bring this game out on Nintendo ?

Whilst there may be many whining they would like a master everytime they complete a raid instance , and have the re-timer extended ............. anyone who can count past 4 fingers and a thumb could quiet easily tell you your bound to get more masters within a week of raiding the same instance on a nightly basis. For many players who do raid nightly ....... yes these are your loyal customers who have hit level 50 , completed most of the epic quests and encounters the game has to offer ........... this is the only content left for them to enjoy in Everquest2.

I play to raid .......... you nerfed darathar and the drakes to a pityful encounter , whilst it took our guild a week of varying tactics when it was an EPIC encounter , and not some nerfed excuse for the masses to get prismatics. We enjoyed that difficulty ... why the change ?

I would love to understand the "grand plan" by Sony ....... but as it stand with this current change, raid competent guilds will fissure with nothing left to do.  Im not sure ?? maybe you think people will suddenly get an urge to level all 6 character slots to 50 ........... umm yeah right ?!?!?!?! Or maybe .................. just maybe ........... your hoping to test server stability and see if you can fit an entire server into Obelisk so we can insted farm our masters off the Keeper ????

Well done to the thought mechanics guys !!! /applaud

Unforgiveable !

Mephious 50 Troubador

Officer of Memento Mori

Najena server

Message Edited by Mephers on 04-29-2005 03:03 AM

Mephe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-29-2005, 02:02 PM   #6
maddawg138

Loremaster

i usually dont [expletive ninja'd by Faarbot] on the forums about anything but this is completely [expletive ninja'd by Faarbot]. I log in every day to raid and do things with my guild and have fun doing it. yah it sucks you dont get master chest every time....but its also fun wondering if youll get a wooden chest or a master chest. you can have a horrible night and on the last epic you kill you get a master. that just makes your night that much better.

all im saying is reconsider this move. if it happens there will be a ton of end game gamers out there that will leave if they already havent. people complain about not enough end game content and you are taking it away even more if this does happen. SOE reconsider this change as it will hurt you more than it will help.

Old 04-29-2005, 03:16 PM   #7
Wolvorine

Loremaster

I am totally against the raid timers being extended to a week+. Im from a guild made up of around 70 players with only a handfull below 50 we raid multiple targets every night and with these changes being implemented we will be seriously be limited in targets.

I can see this change being made later down the road when there is a large amount of targets but at this point with only a handfull of targets that can be raided consistantly the variety and content for end game raiders will seriously be limited. 

80 Assassin - 80 Fury

Wolvorine is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-29-2005, 03:25 PM   #8
Ishbu

Loremaster

Please dont implement this change.  Right now it is only on test, and it appears it is failing the test versus the player base.  It failed, please remove it.

On another note, since the implementation of raids for guild stats, I havent really heard any complaints about lack of master drops from the instances.  Sure it kind of sucks when you go in and come out with nothing but a cedar that nobody needs, but its still nice to see the guild lvl move that 2.5 percent.  Leave things how they are, nobody is complaining since the status implementation.

Old 04-29-2005, 04:20 PM   #9
Shakir10

This particular topic has been done many many MANY times over, but in the oppisite side.

The argument by raiding guilds was that Master Chests didn't drop very often from these particular raids. Moorgard said very clearly that the option was to leave it as it was, or change it to 100% master chest drop, but extend the time between instances when you can enter.

People want the good stuff from the raid to validate their hard work so it was a more popular request for the Devs to do this particular change.

In fact, the thread is very long. Why don't you guys go take the time to read it. It's in the combat section. here is the URL

http://eqiiforums.station.sony.com/eq2/board/message?board.id=combat&message.id=44215#M44215

Did you guys post there saying you didn't like this idea? If so, good. If not, Why not?

Old 04-29-2005, 05:05 PM   #10
orchidslyr

Shakir1065 wrote:

This particular topic has been done many many MANY times over, but in the oppisite side.

The argument by raiding guilds was that Master Chests didn't drop very often from these particular raids. Moorgard said very clearly that the option was to leave it as it was, or change it to 100% master chest drop, but extend the time between instances when you can enter.

People want the good stuff from the raid to validate their hard work so it was a more popular request for the Devs to do this particular change.

In fact, the thread is very long. Why don't you guys go take the time to read it. It's in the combat section. here is the URL

http://eqiiforums.station.sony.com/eq2/board/message?board.id=combat&message.id=44215#M44215

Did you guys post there saying you didn't like this idea? If so, good. If not, Why not?

No, because I dont spend that much time reading the boards vs. playing. Now that I heard it is on Test I came here to post my views. I do thank you for the link though as I can see why they put it onto Test, but now the people who did not participate in that thread can post thier opinon here prior to it going live.

I do not support this change at all. Currently we hit all of the epics each night. Doing @ 1 zone a night will leave us with nothing to do with the rest of our play time. Now if you up the timers and the loot but add content for high end players then I would whole heartdly support this. But to just take away what little we have to do without adding any replacement content, and Im talking enough to last us 5-6hrs a night as the raid zones do currently, then go ahead and lets implement this. I can see people leaving and getting bored if this is patch is put on live.

So there is my vote, no please please please dont. I already lost enough friends due to lacking content, I dont want to lose anymore.
orchidslyr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-29-2005, 05:44 PM   #11
nig

With the recent change and the Status point from Instance mob i am in favor to no lockout.

Atm a guild need to upgrade 10 items per ppl, so with 24 ppl raiding you need 240 items , that 240 master chest.
Well as you can expect each items to be as great and usefull for each class, you wil need around 300 fabled items.

If we are raiding 5/7 all 4 instances that will give 20 chest with around 20% master so that give 4 master a week and to equip a guild you need 75 weeks, faster with lucky master drop rate. So We are looking for 1 year  of raiding 5/7 to equip a full guild of only 24 ppl !!!!. 

Now with 1 master per 8days and 1 fabled ( or one very rare fabled ) item per master we wil still be at the same ratio of 4 Fabled items a week and Raiding guild will get even less thing to do and will  leave for other game.

Message Edited by nigni on 04-29-2005 06:52 AM

nig is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-29-2005, 05:45 PM   #12
Mephe

Shakir1065 wrote:

Not sure at what stage of this thread .... people started complaining they were getting too many wooden chests or too many metal chests ????

Maybe re-read it and note the problems regarding game content ????

At level 50 ... you dont exactly go out hunting for exp ...... if your hunting its in the chance of getting a master chest. Personally couldnt careless if the drop rate was 10% or 90%. If 2/3 of my weekly content is removed, its an injustice as other paying customers who arent 50 get something functional to game on.

This is obviously something I dont want to see go live, others also replying seem not to want it either ............

Thanks for your enlighting reply thou...........  /cheer Skakir 1065
Mephe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-29-2005, 05:55 PM   #13
Gnimsh Bonesmuggl

I totally disagree with the idea of making the instanced encounters 6-8 days only.

I do not care about how many pieces of fabled my guild gets in a week, what I do care about is keeping my members playing!  If the developers really want to incorporate instances that drop better loot and has a restriction of 6-8 days - fine.  But please add it to potential raids and not remove most high-end guild's daily core targets.  

A good example is Normal Drayek vs Fire/Ice Drayek - same mob, different encounter.  If the other instances had their normal mob killable every 18 hours and a beefy version killable every 6-8 days - allow the normal version to have a 5% chance at dropping a fabled item and the special version a 95% at dropping a fabled and a 5% chance at dropping a special item (or whatever you were mentioning in the patch notes).

The 5% chance at a metal chest will keep us raiding the normal instances - and keep our members playing.

Gnimsh

GL of Monolith, Steamfont

Gnimsh Bonesmuggl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-29-2005, 06:07 PM   #14
tek2

The timers are there just for guilds like yours, the ones who want to farm fabled loots all day
tek2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-29-2005, 06:13 PM   #15
Scai

I don't mind lockout timers with guranteed master loot.  My guild is hitting these instances as much as possible, master chests make an appearance at a very slightly higher rate than what this change will provide.  Unless we have a new recruit, no one wants anything out of a wooden chest for their raid character.  Even the ebon and ruby drops have become twink/guild merchant fodder.  I like having multiple targets to hit every night, but the end result of our raiding as drops stand right now is we're just helping gear up the competition.  What's the point of that?

With that said 6-8 days is too long, there's just not enough worthwhile raid content right now to keep people satisfied with this long of a lockout.  We finish up a daily Ant-CL-Feerrott-Drayek run in 2 hours, give or take a few minutes depending on AFKs for night.  Having a lockout timer on these instances as long as the contested mob repop timer is going to lead to many boring days & nights (or a lot of nek castle v2 farming).  It's already getting hard to keep people interested in playing after a couple weeks of high end raiding or finishing prismatics, I can't foresee long lockout timers helping this.

If there was a zone or two more like the bloodlines raid instance this might help alleviate the distress raid guilds are going to have over this change.  Bloodlines has an abundance of x2-x4 yard trash, it takes a while to work through the zone.  It has one major drawback, the reward for the effort put in is pretty abysmyl.  It's not too hard to get people motivated to go take down 4 instances, even though everyone suspects we probably won't get any loot worth using, when it only takes a bit longer than watching a movie.  It's much harder to motivate them to take an 6-8 hour zone clearing for loot which will go grey as a few minutes/hours after the level cap is raised.  I think a few more of these involved raid instances, with better thought out rewards, are going to be necessary to keep people playing if a week long lock out timer is introduced on the content we have now.  Sadly, I think it will be needed quicker than it can be made too.

Hopefully some middle ground can be found.
Scai is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-29-2005, 06:15 PM   #16
Eneg

Just another method for SOE to stunt high level guilds so this mythical "casual playerbase" of their's is happy. Somehow they dont realize that the people who invest the most time into this game (high end guilds, powergamers) are their biggest fans, and now they continue to alienate us. It's like a restaraunt telling it's most regular patrons that they cant dine there anymore. Which chimpanzee came up with that business model anyway?

Deus ::: 50 Warden ::: Nektulos
Severity ::: 6x Bladedancer ::: Hindemith
Eneg is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-29-2005, 06:28 PM   #17
nig

Gnimsh Bonesmuggler wrote:

I totally disagree with the idea of making the instanced encounters 6-8 days only.

I do not care about how many pieces of fabled my guild gets in a week, what I do care about is keeping my members playing!  If the developers really want to incorporate instances that drop better loot and has a restriction of 6-8 days - fine.  But please add it to potential raids and not remove most high-end guild's daily core targets.  

A good example is Normal Drayek vs Fire/Ice Drayek - same mob, different encounter.  If the other instances had their normal mob killable every 18 hours and a beefy version killable every 6-8 days - allow the normal version to have a 5% chance at dropping a fabled item and the special version a 95% at dropping a fabled and a 5% chance at dropping a special item (or whatever you were mentioning in the patch notes).

The 5% chance at a metal chest will keep us raiding the normal instances - and keep our members playing.

Gnimsh

Well atm ppl complain about CL/Anto/Feerot instance droping metal chest pretty rarely. But ratio is around 15-20% droping it even deeper to 5% will be the wrong way to solve the lack of content. We are raiding guild and we want fun and be busy each days but after days it become tedious and we come again only to equip our guildy friend with the same items we ever got few days before.

Increase Drop rate to 50-60% with 1 days lockout will barely increase the market flloding on fabled items. ATM a guild need 1y of raiding to be fully equiped, with 50% master chest it will need 6-7 month raiding 5-7 days a week for 5 hours and next extension will hit the store...
Old 04-29-2005, 06:36 PM   #18
VizP

Loremaster

Quote: 'It's like a restaraunt telling it's most regular patrons that they cant dine there anymore. Which chimpanzee came up with that business model anyway?' --- You may want to do a search of number of people on within each level range to help you with this - that may give you an idea where the real numbers lie in terms of subscribers and 'wages' for the devs. Im afraid there is a curve for these games and as time passes, the peak of this curve starts moving to the right to higher levels. If you have for whatever reason passed the main curve by a significant margin, you are in fact no longer in the majority level group. Being the highest level doesnt actually make you their most regular customer by the way, it makes you their faster levelling customer. Most players often end up rerolling around three times anyway into their 20s until they find what they like and with work and school, it means even months in most people are still mid way. If you feel that other MMOs somehow cater for the highest levels first you will be very disappointed - take this from someone that has played every major MMO and MUDs before that. Currently your alternatives are WoW which is severely worse in this regard and Guild Wars which I have ebta tested and 'know' do not have any high level content of note whatsoever (but that game is very pvp focussed with pve building to pvp so the general game doesnt change except variety of spells/skills). But this type of complaint will not only continue in this game by the capped players until the end of time but will so for every MMO. I don't see how its going to change when there are more important issues under focus atm i.e combat changes which affect everyone. Sorry SMILEY
VizP is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-29-2005, 06:39 PM   #19
nig

Well I got an idea to fix the Wood chest drop on X4 mob.

As increasing the %ratio of metal chest is not the real way to solve the issue.

Make Wood chest from X4 enconter drop Quest book that need Component droped into these wood chest too.

Like A quest Asking for 3 gems and each gems drop from one Wood chest. Of course these quest items should be on par with the Fabled from master chest and ppl should get options for several object that suit them well giving chance for more customization.

That will solve the risk  to flood market of items and will let ppl happy to even see a wooden chest.

Old 04-29-2005, 06:56 PM   #20
Schnood

This is a thread Sony needs to seriously read.  When you make game wide changes, sure you are going to always have different views.  Hard core people vs non, etc.  For example, when they changed the way armor class worked, nerfed Shrug Off, and Increased the stats on Epic mobs, I could see arguements on both sides.  My guild was in favor of these changes.  We welcome the challenge.  Other guilds though who didnt have the benefit of getting well geared prior to the change felt that said changes would really set them back. The epic zones and their lock outs are directed soley at raiding guilds.  Messing with them is not a balancing issue, or even one where you should have split views.

Some will argue that a 100% master chest every week is = 15% master every day.  Maybe it is.  But there is a tie breaker here Sony is over looking.  There is more to this game than loot at level 50.  It is the social experience.  At this point many of us have alot of friends who wish to do more than sit around and chat in /gu.

Oh a related note, if i may suggest....STOP using already taken instanced zone in points for your epic instances.  I see you have a new one coming in on Test for Lavastorm.  It is so stupid the way these are being done. I would rather have a selection on the dock bell to take me there versus how it is now.  For example...Oh looky there, it is the Cove of Decay.  One version of it has a bunch of Centaurs...oh wait...hang on...no...it has a bunch of skeletons it...oh wait no...it has a big fisherman in it....err no wait it has a Drakota in it.  And some of the other stuff is plain stupid, IE, a Drakota making his way into the bull pit.  I know it is a bit off topic, just saying =p.

In short /veto lockout

-Olympus

Guild Leader, Vindicate

Schnood is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-29-2005, 07:05 PM   #21
Eneg

VizP wrote: But this type of complaint will not only continue in this game by the capped players until the end of time but will so for every MMO. I don't see how its going to change when there are more important issues under focus atm i.e combat changes which affect everyone. Sorry SMILEY

I didn't want anything to change, I was more than happy with the way that is was before. Sorry to be wasting the devs time by requesting things like this NOT be changed.. you know when there are more important issues and all.

Deus ::: 50 Warden ::: Nektulos
Severity ::: 6x Bladedancer ::: Hindemith
Eneg is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-29-2005, 07:14 PM   #22
Osens

This change is a bad, bad idea.  You're going to bore the high end players right out of the game.  This type of change screws with the power players.  These players are the type who play daily and play to raid.  You can't force them into crafting, or twinks, or quests they havent' already done.  Take away raiding, you've killed the game for them/us. 

Like what was already mentioned above, I log into the game, not the forums.  You want to poll me, poll me in-game.  You may not lose my accounts the day this goes live, but yes, you'll eventually drive me out of the game from being bored and I AM one of the people who not only raid, but do craft.  It says something when I'm bored.  There isn't enough content available on a daily basis as it is.  Zalak and Overlord are old news and I've watched them drop almost every day since they were added.  They may be suck mobs, but at least they are there to do when there are no field mobs up.  I don't know what morons you polled that said 8 days was a reasonable lock out, but speaking as a player who raids daily, this is about as dumb as your station exchange idea... but worse in the sense that it targets me directly.

ADD content, quit jerking with what already exists.  One raid zone every month or two added is not cutting it.  Stop trying to only please the n00bs and the cash farmers, you do have other types of players who currently pay the bills.  Then again, if it is your goal to drive off the long-term power players... well, then good move, you're on the right track. 

Osens is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-29-2005, 07:46 PM   #23
Kizee

Loremaster

/shrug

I don't see a problem.

They added another 4 level 50 epic raids in this patch also.

There has got to be enough epic instanced raids for the elite guilds to do 1-2 a night....not counting the contested stuff.
Kizee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-29-2005, 08:00 PM   #24
Shennr

With the new Instances added and if you space out the raids you would have almost a single raid everynight.

With how short the raids are you can log on do that single raid in 20 mins then just log off. I dont see how this gives the hardcore players any content to mess around with.

And as you said not including the contested mobs. Well you know what, they are contested for and not guaranteed. Besides if people are only going to be logging in for 30 min durations then they will get bored of the game.

1 solution is to possibly make the raiding content of each raid a bit long, kinda like the Bloodline Chronicles zone perhaps. While still having the same drop rate of metal chests per week. This way only the devoted guilds who are willing to spend that extra effort each day in these zones will earn their rewards.

Let's just face it, guilds compete and they need something to define themselves from the other guilds. You do this either by how much time you spend into raiding or by the lvl of difficulty of a mob. If these zones were to have a 6-8 day lock out timer then even a casual guild could be on par with a Guild that has time to spend on raiding a whole lot more.

Shennr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-29-2005, 08:17 PM   #25
Eadric

Loremaster

I agree with making raids take more time like the old planes did in EQLive. Also, I keep hearing that raid mobs have roughly a 25% chance to drop a steel chest. If that is the case, why not make the lockout 4 days instead of 6? Why the 50% markup on lockout times in order to keep constant with the current drop rate?
Eadric is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-29-2005, 08:25 PM   #26
DUNN

Loremaster

Look at it this way you are going to Feeed us only once a wek instead of everyday.  Eventually we will start starving and start looking for other food.  Yep you can kiss that 5% base goodbye.  

The problem is the drop rate of fabled.  For a 24 people raid to see 1 item that is potentially usable every 5 raid events is the problem.  I say potentially because you might get an item that no one wants or we have filled already.  If we do an average of 24 static raids a week, not counting contested those go to the lucky guilds that get there first usually mob does not last more than 30 min once pop. So 16 % of the raiding force is happy during a week of raiding u still have 84% of that raid disapointed because they got squat doing an average of 24 raid ebvents a week.  That is just wrong. 

You should have made them all like the zek timer added to all the zek component drops and Master fabled drops t 1-2 per chest.  Then  you have happy customers.  Instead of the extreeme changes  that you like to do to things.

By the way having fable items be the same lvl as you drop off higher lvl mobs is just plain wrong these should be at least 5 lvl's higher 275 instead of 250.

Tumaedre 70th Song I wonder how much time i have with this name
DUNN is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-29-2005, 08:30 PM   #27
Prax

This is an awesome change and its great to see SOE listening to their players. On the massive thread about this issue in the combat sig, about 90% were in favour of this. That being said, 6-8 days is too long. 4 days would be much more reasonable.

Message Edited by Praxus on 04-29-2005 09:43 AM

Prax is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-29-2005, 08:58 PM   #28
tek2

I'm not really sure what the big argument is about here. you want less timers so you can have more loot.. So...you raid 3-4 times a day to get the most uberist loot in the game at 50,  for what? to raid more?... It's not like you can do anything with the crap you get besides show it off or maybe make you 5% more effective in future raids.

If the endless loop of obtaining crap that is really no use to your character since its lvl 50 is what keeps this game not boring to you, I dont know what to tell ya, because that bores me just thinking about it

/gu w00tzorz i got this l33t D'nkrth breastplate of the Gods of Norrath!

gratz.

In my opinion the issue here is this game being only PvE based hurts it alot in the end game. I know they are working on some sort of pvp thing and we'll see how that turns out.  But the big picture is that there are really no "trophies" for defeating anything in pve, because in the end, all you can do it with it go kill some more epic mobs. Maybe thats fun to you who knows, but its not to me.  A computer is predictable, a person is not. Yeah it was like watching a replay of Descendants over and over again when they killed Vox..20 people run in and bash it for 40 seconds , ooo timers up here comes the tail swipe everyone run away...rinse and repeat until shes out of power.  wow that's real superior.

For me its the point of being "better then somoene else" at the game that makes it fun. Sure you can say your better at killing computerized mobs because you have crazy gear, but in the end nobody cares, the NPC doesnt give a crap how many times you killed it. It's the uncertaintly on fighting another player charater that would make the game fun for me. If you beat them, they might want revenge or they might fear you in future pvp.

The idea I'm getting at here is why everyone is makinga big deal about raiding, why do you raid? The truth is that nobody else really cares what gear you have at level 50 because in reality it has no effect on them whatsoever, only yourself, and the mob you fight.
tek2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-29-2005, 09:49 PM   #29
Gnimsh Bonesmuggl

I don't want more fabled items comming into circulation, I simply want enough content to keep my guild members playing the game.  You would think this would also be a goal of the developers.

Make two versions of each instance - Normal, and Challenging.

Normal
Metal chest has a 5% to 10% chance to drop
18 hours timer
Gives personal (and guild) status

Challenging
Metal chest has a 90 to 95% chance to drop
6 day timer
Gives personal (and guild) status
Unique item has a 5% to 10% chance to drop (whichever item was mentioned in patch notes)

---

It is a very bad idea to remove the staple raiding targets for higher level guilds - unless the goal is to lower the server population.

As I said, I could care less about the fabled drops increasing per week - I would actually prefer them to decrease.  However, I do want to keep my members online and having an enjoyable playing experience ... not sitting around trying to figure out what to do and then logging.
More raiding options please - not less.

Gnimsh

Gnimsh Bonesmuggl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-29-2005, 10:02 PM   #30
Ar

- Instanced epic encounters off The Feerrott, The Commonlands, Antonica, and The Orcish Wastes will now drop metal treasure chests 100% of the time. They also had their reuse timers increased to either 6 or 8 days upon completion of a successful raid.

This is a terrible idea.  Our guild raids every night except two nights a week for approximately 4-5 hours each night.  This is what keeps our guild playing.  We have a large guild that actually conducts two consecutive x4 instanced raids at a time.  They do not log in when we don't raid because there is nothing to do.  I realize that you guys have been listening to the complaining about there not being enough metal chests dropping, but there are more of us out there that like it just fine the way it is than there are complainers.  That is how it typically happens.  I mean why would the people that are content come and post about being content?  The ones you find coming here are only the ones that are unhappy and they are quite often NOT the majority. I am afraid you are going to lose a large majority of your high end player base to boredom if you choose to follow through with this decision on the reentry timers.  The end game is what most people play for.  If you limit it to this extreme and give them nothing fun and exciting to do for hours every night they will find another game.

Thanks for your time, and please reconsider this.

Go Cata Go!
Arie, of Lavastorms Cataclysm
Ar is offline   Reply With Quote