EQ2 Forum Archive @ EQ2Wire

Go Back   EQ2 Forum Archive @ EQ2Wire > EverQuest II > Class Discussion > Mage's Arcanum > Warlock
Members List Search Mark Forums Read

Notices

Old 05-12-2005, 05:49 PM   #1
Synd

General

Where is this to be found? T'Kalin's Cursed Robe of Darkness looks absolutely fantastic!
Synd is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-12-2005, 06:18 PM   #2
ClarkWGriswo

No such thing as mana + anything      health and power
Old 05-12-2005, 07:04 PM   #3
SalBlu

Too bad it's one of those weird lookin purple breastplates.  I'd be tempted to find that.  Right now I am wearing the Honorary Robe of the Bretheren.  I like it =)  All black with white shoulders.  Cant complain about the +12 out of combat power regen either.  Its not as good as a robe of the invoker by a LONG shot, but it helps me between fights.
SalBlu is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-12-2005, 07:07 PM   #4
Fepp

General

SalBluee wrote:
Too bad it's one of those weird lookin purple breastplates. I'd be tempted to find that. Right now I am wearing the Honorary Robe of the Bretheren. I like it =) All black with white shoulders. Cant complain about the +12 out of combat power regen either. Its not as good as a robe of the invoker by a LONG shot, but it helps me between fights.

Any idea where your robe comes from?I'm currently running around in one of those purple/gold robes and feel like a bit of a prat
General-Tetlee-Of-Monged-45-Predator-General-Tetlee-Of-Monged
Fepp is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-12-2005, 07:14 PM   #5
SalBlu

Lol... So you're either wearing the Pristine Tailored (Imbued) Linen Robe, Lizardskin Cazethite, or one of those witht he gold shoulders?  Hehe... I have one of those Linen robes too.  While the stats are DECENT, I just couldnt stand the look. 

Right after I got the thing made, I went to Everfrost and looted a nice Tundra Walker's Robe.  That's nice all darkish blue with white shoulders.  Good stats too.

The robe I was talking about, the Honorary Robe of the Bretheren is gotten from the expansion dungeon in Nektulos forest.  You have to go through almost all of the quests for the Bretheren to get the robe though.  It is quite long.  The robe itself looks exactly like the Tundra Walker's Robe, but instead of being blue, it is black.  Very nice looking I might add.  Very evil looking i must say when I am shrouded in my blue fire from my lvl 50 fun spell.

Message Edited by SalBluee on 05-12-2005 08:18 AM

Old 05-12-2005, 07:24 PM   #6
Fepp

General

Nice one Sal, thanks for the info
Old 05-12-2005, 07:46 PM   #7
SalBlu

No prob =) 

Just make sure that you go to the camp to the RIGHT hand side while facing the falls in Nektulos.  The left hand side is the Hand of Marr.  They give you a robe that looks like Liandrin's Oracle Robe, but instead of being light blue, it is dark blue.  The Bretheren camp is on the right.  They are the "evil" looking guys lol.

Oh... I might also add that both robes are identical in stats, and both have the out of combat power regen.  Only the graphic is different.
Old 05-12-2005, 10:42 PM   #8
Panad

General

Why does everyone want that Robe of the Invoker? I doesn't even have +Int. :smileyindifferent:
Old 05-12-2005, 10:51 PM   #9
Synd

General

I have no clue......I'd love to have either Robe of the Beguiler or Robe of Darkness.....Until then, I will have to use Pristine Imbued Linen Blouse, which is still a decent robe.
Old 05-13-2005, 12:52 AM   #10
SalBlu

Because +20 Power Per tick in combat combined with my Golden Efreeti boots which tick for another 20, and my Ring of the Nightbloods which ticks for another 12 will give me +52 added power per tick while in combat. 

Besides... the loss of INT on one chest piece is not detrimental to your overall INT pool.  I have close to 220 power when I activate my buffs, and I have a load of items without INT.

Old 05-13-2005, 06:00 AM   #11
Mild und Lei

if you look at the proc it not only has the +20 to mana but also +5 to int
Mild und Lei is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-13-2005, 12:09 PM   #12
Deathspell

Loremaster

Can someone post screenies of these robes? SMILEY
Deathspell is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-13-2005, 02:13 PM   #13
Fepp

General

I went up to the waterfall last night and did first two quests for the evil guys. Then she kept telling me to come back later, tried a few things but she wouldnt talk - guess I'll go back later.About the robe, there is an elf woman inside one of the 'Evil' tents wearing a dark blue robe. IS this the same one? I guess you could call it black but i think its dark blue (especailly next to my black horse).
Old 05-13-2005, 04:16 PM   #14
SalBlu

Could be it...but the robe i'm wearing is most definitely black with white/grey shoulders.  I can tell especially when I slip into my Tundra Walker's Robe which is DEFINITELY blue.  In the sunlight you'll see that the Robe of the Bretheren is in fact a very dark grey.  Almost black.  Its the darkest colored robe i've seen in the game as of yet.
Old 05-13-2005, 08:08 PM   #15
Eadric

Loremaster

Panador wrote:
Why does everyone want that Robe of the Invoker? I doesn't even have +Int. :smileyindifferent:

In addition to the 20 mana per tick (in combat) the effect also gives +5 to Intelligence; it isn't much, but it has it.
Eadric is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-13-2005, 11:31 PM   #16
Panad

General

Don`t get me wrong, I`d love to get the Robe of the Invoker, if only for the possibility of selling it for a decent price SMILEY or keeping it, just in case, y`know. Unfortunately I haven`t seen lots of int-robes on the broker yet, maybe there are not many of them on my server, even if I do a orange/red-red, armor, chest, +Int search on the broker there are only heavy, medium or light armors listed and from time to time the rallosian gown. I`d love to have that one but I`m not gonna pay 5pp for one darn robe and well, it no longer drops, which kinda sucks...
Old 05-14-2005, 12:24 AM   #17
SalBlu

Well... there are a few +INT robes you can look for.  I'll list off a couple from memory that you can hunt around for:

Ancient Rallosian Gown: +15 INT
Flowing Robes of D'Lyle: +10 INT
Tundra Walker's Robe: +5 INT
Robe of the Invoker: +5 INT
Honorary Robe of the Bretheren: +5 INT

Thats what I can remember offhand right now.  I know I have a list at the house with all the robes I had looked into at one point, so i'll try to post back later.

One thing though... the Tundra Walker's Robe is a VERY decent robe for upper lvl mages.  It is also a pretty common drop in EF from large chests.  Resists and Power additions are nice for what it is, blue at lvl 50, not to mention it has a nice AC and +5 INT. 

You can find this on the broker fairly readily alot of the time, and personally, I like these robes better than the crafted Linen not only for the stats, but for the look.

The Flowing Robes of D'Lyle are looted from the Zarvon's Tower instance (yes... the low level instance, non epic zone in commonlands).  The stats are not all that great on it, and it can be worn in your 20th lvl.  Its bright orange in color with darker orange shoulders.

Ancient Rallosian Gown is looted from a rare drop in Drayek's Chambers from what I understand.  Very nice robe except for the fact that it is that ugly purple and gold type akin to the pristine tailored linen blouse.  Not my cup of tea in terms of looks, but I will most likely look for one for raiding for when our INT quotient means something in terms of damage output.
Old 05-15-2005, 02:38 PM   #18
Shu

Am I the only one who finds this odd? The picture looks like its been made in Paint..  There is no such thing as "mana" in the game.. its called power and noone has ever seen this robe? Come on..
Shu is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-15-2005, 07:50 PM   #19
Panad

General

It`s the correct image though, checked several very light armor chest pieces with int at eq2players earlier today and this one was one of them. All the official pictures look like this and they all say mana instead of power....Wish you could add comments to the eq2players item information, people could actually tell you where they find that stuff. Quite a few high int robes have been discovered this month and not a single one of them is on ogaming, I wanna know where to get those things. SMILEY
Old 05-16-2005, 08:53 AM   #20
ErasmusHu

General

Sony has done a pretty good job recently of adding some more varied (non-template generated) items. Where a few months ago all of the items appeared generated with the same stats on the same body parts, recently they have been adding more hand-crafted gear it seems. The new items are still trickling in. OGaming certainly isn't being biased against casters when posting. I'm the guy who adds the entries to the database and my primary character is a Warlock, so if I had a bias it might lean towards casters and not the other way around. =P I went through the items listed in the thread today and will add the ones that we didn't have, four were already there and the others are now. The EQ2Players web site is currently not functioning, but I'll get them posted when it starts working again. It's just a matter of what gets sent in. I clear through the mailbox every day more or less, feel free to send anything that we don't have into [email protected] and we'll get it posted usually within 24 hours, and then hopefully someone will leave a comment on it's whereabouts if it is missing.

- J.C. Smith
Ogaming

Message Edited by ErasmusHurt on 05-15-2005 10:02 PM

ErasmusHu is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-16-2005, 12:16 PM   #21
Panad

General

Ah, no, didn't mean you were being biased again casters, you got that wrong. Just meant that there's not a lot of caster stuff in your database yet, for whatever reasons, might be they're too new, people sent you no info yet etc. Good to hear the stuff is in now, waiting for people to post information on how to get them, hehe
Old 05-16-2005, 05:19 PM   #22
SalBlu

Well... couple more things you guys should know. 

Over the weekend I finished up all but one quest in the Feerrott City based camps.  What I mean by this is... when you go to the Feerrott and enter the jungle through the cave tunnel, to your immediate right and immediate left will be two camps.  The left one is for Freeport based quests and the right one is for Quenos based quests.

I'm a Freeport citizen, so I chose the left camp.

There are 5 NPCs there.  That means 5 different quest series to choose from.  You are not locked down to one either.  You can complete all of them, but know that they can take some time.  BUT... the rewards are very good for all classes as when the series are completed, you get a choice of the 4 basic armor types for armor reward.  This means that yes, there are some great items for casters.

I cant remember all of the names off the top of my head, but i'll name off what I received based on +INT stats:

Sleeves of the Swamp = +14 INT +30 Power Very Light Shoulder Armor
Ring (forget the real name) = +10 INT Left/Right Ring
Tae Ew Skullcap = +10 INT

The quests for these can be rather long, especially the one for the shoulder armor.  If you are a Freeport Citizen, this shoulder armor is received from completing the quests that start from Lighting the Beacons.  All of that quest series is Catalogueing really, and takes some time to finish.  It is well worth it though.

The items are all green to me at 50, but I still chose to wear the Shoulders and the Ring until I find something better INT or stat-wise.

Old 05-16-2005, 05:50 PM   #23
[C4 Squad]Bum Bum Ba

General

Just something I noticed when passing through.  All of the items on the EQ2 Item search page list Power as Mana.  Weird.
Old 05-17-2005, 01:49 AM   #24
SilentSam

Loremaster

Great info you've been giving out SalBluee! :smileyhappy:   You've got me inspired to hunt for some new robes.  My current duds are very generic and boring.  I've been hunting for the quest starter for the Invoker robe for weeks but no luck so far...

Question...

How many quests did you have to do for that camp before you got the robe of the bretheren?
from the lands of Faydark
-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-
SilentSam is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-17-2005, 12:19 PM   #25
Fepp

General

arghh..So last night I went back to the woman in the evil camp. She gave me the same two crummy quests again, one to find each intsanced zone they'd added. I did them then nothing, she tells me to come back later again! None of the other guys in the camp will even give me the time of day ;(Could this be because I did a few quests for the other camp first?
Old 05-17-2005, 05:44 PM   #26
SalBlu

Well... The Robe of the Bretheren, gotten from the expansion, is gotten from the evil camp in Nektulos up by the water falls.  I'd say this was about quest 10 or so to receive the robe as a reward item, but remember this is a general number.  I cant remember exactly how many I did, but I did them all solo with the exception of the big vamp in the Tomb which I duo'd with a 50 Pally.

Just keep doing the quests.  You'll eventually receive the robe, and then later on the Vampire Illusionary item.

Fepple:  That could very well be the reason why you cant advance.  Once you do at least one quest for either side, the Bretheren or Marr, you are locked into their faction from what I've come to understand.  Your best bet would be to go back to the Marr camp (goodies) and finish up there.  I know it sucks yeah, but I think that's all you can do.
Old 05-17-2005, 10:16 PM   #27
SilentSam

Loremaster

Thanks SalBluee!  :smileyhappy:
from the lands of Faydark
-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-
SilentSam is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-17-2005, 10:35 PM   #28
SalBlu

Np =)

Hope you guys dont mind that I post here more than the Wizarding forums.  Wizard forums is just not as active, and other than a few choice spells, we both do the same thing in the end... Nukin!

Anyhoo... if you need any more help with this sort of stuff just post em up.  I usually poke around in here during the day and I'll do me best to help ^_^.

Sallie
Old 05-18-2005, 01:00 AM   #29
Synd

General

Thank you very much, Saloma! SMILEY
Old 05-18-2005, 05:40 AM   #30
Calyp

This is one of the new armor drops off contested mobs, only thing that sucks is it seems all the new robes have the same design and same color ect.

Calypsi
50 warlock
Eternal Chaos
Faydark
Calyp is offline   Reply With Quote