EQ2 Forum Archive @ EQ2Wire

Go Back   EQ2 Forum Archive @ EQ2Wire > EverQuest II > Class Discussion > Mage's Arcanum > Warlock
Members List Search Mark Forums Read

Notices

Old 05-05-2005, 08:50 AM   #1
Ewil

Fansite Staff

Warlock solo is still amazing.

EDIT:

This post appears to have started the following (most of them for whining) threads:

Message Edited by Lazaron on 05-08-2005 07:45 AM

Nagafen (Evil)

90 Templar, 85 Armorer

Creator of EQ2I
Ewil is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-05-2005, 10:18 AM   #2
Mastire

Loremaster

Lazaron wrote:
Warlock solo is still amazing.

Ewil Rat
45 Warlock
Horde of Darkness
Nektulos Server

You forget to mention one resist on a root and u ave to run, and that they have hue agro ranges. you lso used a Mana Stone, for soem reason when you have 2 better convertion ratio spells then that. And your kill rate on it beacuse u took HVB instead of the 10.7 Sec stun is slower too. Your learning but its no way amazing. Also killing mobs closer to your level that are a group of 2 is better overall exp.
Mastire is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-05-2005, 02:32 PM   #3
Ewil

Fansite Staff

Mastire wrote:
You forget to mention one resist on a root and u ave to run, and that they have hue agro ranges. you lso used a Mana Stone, for soem reason when you have 2 better convertion ratio spells then that. And your kill rate on it beacuse u took HVB instead of the 10.7 Sec stun is slower too. Your learning but its no way amazing. Also killing mobs closer to your level that are a group of 2 is better overall exp.

Not sure which point you are trying to make there.
The only relevant topic in your reply would be that I used the Mana Stone, which low cast time makes me enjoy using it.

Nagafen (Evil)

90 Templar, 85 Armorer

Creator of EQ2I
Old 05-05-2005, 05:41 PM   #4
myrii

General

thats cool u werer able to pull it off but its not very efficient i woudl rather kill orange single pull mobs non stop for much better exp and live if they actually do manage to get a hit off SMILEY

myrii is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-05-2005, 07:25 PM   #5
Ewil

Fansite Staff

myriick wrote:

thats cool u werer able to pull it off but its not very efficient i woudl rather kill orange single pull mobs non stop for much better exp and live if they actually do manage to get a hit off SMILEY

Correct -- The XP is horrible. I only do it for the fun of it.

Nagafen (Evil)

90 Templar, 85 Armorer

Creator of EQ2I
Old 05-05-2005, 07:33 PM   #6
Kven

Ah that's you eh Ewil? SMILEY

<- Zolder on nek too SMILEY

If I have any questions on my new warlock I'll have to bug ya in game SMILEY

Kven is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-05-2005, 08:33 PM   #7
Mastire

Loremaster

Lazaron wrote:

Mastire wrote:

Not sure which point you are trying to make there.
The only relevant topic in your reply would be that I used the Mana Stone, which low cast time makes me enjoy using it.

Point is, what u did wasn't amazing, you killed him using more mana and sacraficing more life then you had to, and if you fidle arround with your spell order and throw in a stun maybe you can become more effecient.
Old 05-05-2005, 08:41 PM   #8
Sac_jok

What he did may not have been amazing or even the first time it happened, but I think it was a good show...he does it for FUN, not for XP. He may get a small rush (in game) out of posibly putting his life on the line to have a small laugh or even a bit of fun.

Let's not tear down a fellow Warlock and tell him how bad or ineffeicient he was, he is enjoying his game and showing how great our class is that, IMHO, all that should matter.

Message Edited by Sac_joker on 05-05-2005 09:42 AM

Knights Templar
Sac_jok is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-06-2005, 01:21 AM   #9
Korpo

Loremaster

Good job, but you did manage to make a lot of people angry that didn't know warlocks were so good at soloing SMILEY.
Old 05-06-2005, 01:31 AM   #10
Cott

Loremaster

Love to watch it... but I can barely see it... is it really dark to anyone else?

-Huutie
-DE Warlock
-Unrest
Cott is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-06-2005, 02:36 AM   #11
TheLo

Ya, they are just going to Nerf us if you post these things Ewil! <--- Malev, 39 Warlock on Nek too.

- SOELegal
TheLo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-06-2005, 03:00 AM   #12
Ewil

Fansite Staff

Kvenau wrote:

Ah that's you eh Ewil? SMILEY

<- Zolder on nek too SMILEY

If I have any questions on my new warlock I'll have to bug ya in game SMILEY

Please do!

Nagafen (Evil)

90 Templar, 85 Armorer

Creator of EQ2I
Old 05-06-2005, 03:03 AM   #13
Ewil

Fansite Staff

Sac_joker wrote:

What he did may not have been amazing or even the first time it happened, but I think it was a good show...he does it for FUN, not for XP. He may get a small rush (in game) out of posibly putting his life on the line to have a small laugh or even a bit of fun.

Let's not tear down a fellow Warlock and tell him how bad or ineffeicient he was, he is enjoying his game and showing how great our class is that, IMHO, all that should matter.

Message Edited by Sac_joker on 05-05-2005 09:42 AM

Thank you for backing me up on this.

It's ok to help eachother improve, but when it sounds more like a flame than a helping hint, it's more destructive than anything.

Nagafen (Evil)

90 Templar, 85 Armorer

Creator of EQ2I
Old 05-06-2005, 05:00 AM   #14
TheBladesCaress

Loremaster

TheLout wrote:Ya, they are just going to Nerf us if you post these things Ewil! <--- Malev, 39 Warlock on Nek too.

Check the main Spell & Combat Arts board... they are already using this video to call for a nerf of warlocks.... I dont know why people cant just play...
TheBladesCaress is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-06-2005, 06:58 AM   #15
Trei

["... Point is, what u did wasn't amazing, you killed him using more mana and sacraficing more life then you had to, and if you fidle arround with your spell order and throw in a stun maybe you can become more effecient. ..."] Nowhere did I read him saying his warlock or his feat was amazing. His words simply said that the soloing ability of warlocks are still amazing, and as far as many other classes out there are concerned, yeah it is.

>>----Trei------>
Trei is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-06-2005, 09:17 AM   #16
Mastire

Loremaster

Trei49 wrote:
["... Point is, what u did wasn't amazing, you killed him using more mana and sacraficing more life then you had to, and if you fidle arround with your spell order and throw in a stun maybe you can become more effecient. ..."]

Nowhere did I read him saying his warlock or his feat was amazing.

His words simply said that the soloing ability of warlocks are still amazing, and as far as many other classes out there are concerned, yeah it is.

When Scouts can kill 52^^^ Epic X 2 mobs, killing a ^^ 6 levels above you should be possible.
Old 05-06-2005, 11:11 AM   #17
treasureshe

Defintely fun to watch!!! I am new to MMORPG and EQ2 and this clip may help me solo better once I reach mid 40's!  May I ask what D&B track was playing in the background?  I love D&B too!! and Love being a she-WLK too! ~ephy
treasureshe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-06-2005, 12:28 PM   #18
Fepp

General

PLEASE dont encourage SOE to 'adjust' this spell... "Yeah but we are over powered"... They will nerf the spell so its useless, just like paralysing fear.The situation you used the spell in was an easy one. No mobs around etc. The times/areas you can use it in are very limited.

Message Edited by Fepple on 05-06-2005 10:01 AM

General-Tetlee-Of-Monged-45-Predator-General-Tetlee-Of-Monged
Fepp is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-06-2005, 12:31 PM   #19
Dracko

wizards at 50 can solo better then a warlock. kekeke
Dracko is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-06-2005, 12:37 PM   #20
Ingra

I was just curious as to why every time you cast Bony Grasp, you turned the camera view away from the mob?  It seems odd to take a video for people to watch and then turn the camera view away every time you cast the same spell... you did it once while casting Chaotic Maelstrom, but we never actually SEE the mob when you cast Bony Grasp...

Also, to those calling for a warlock nerf... this gentleman used his training spells quite a lot and these are spells that not all warlocks have... it seems silly to call on a nerf for everyone when I don't even have ½ the same training spells this warlock does...

It would be of benefit if you would also mention if you are able to solo every single level 52^^ heroic mob you come across... people seem to blow these things out of proportion.  One root break and you would have been dead... plain and simple.  This is NOT a flame on your performance, but a notice for everyone who is now calling for a nerf (which is why these types of things should be clearly explained).  I now feel I should post my own video of me trying to kill another mob of the same level so all can see what happenes when the root breaks :smileywink: 

I am nerdier than 71% of all people. Are you nerdier? Click here to find out!
Ingra is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-06-2005, 12:51 PM   #21
Seolta

Loremaster

Warlocks aren't the only class that can kill a 50^^ at lvl45...but anyway gg on mastering the groundbreaking art of root/nuke SMILEY

Old 05-06-2005, 01:00 PM   #22
Fepp

General

Ingrata wrote:

I was just curious as to why every time you cast Bony Grasp, you turned the camera view away from the mob? It seems odd to take a video for people to watch and then turn the camera view away every time you cast the same spell... you did it once while casting Chaotic Maelstrom, but we never actually SEE the mob when you cast Bony Grasp...

I look away as well. I have my graphics settings set so they are very closely balanced between looking nice and running smoothly. The animation from bony grasp makes my PC jerk REALLY badly for the duration (of the animation).Ohh.. and its good to check your escape route incase they resist SMILEY

Message Edited by Fepple on 05-06-2005 10:05 AM

Old 05-06-2005, 01:09 PM   #23
Debillus

Loremaster

Very Impressive, but not very wise to post about. Expect a ninja-nerf of warlocks due to this, just as it happend to mystics, when someone was happy about their class on the mystics boards. /B

Favorite Quote
"If we had a dead horse illusion in game, this thread would cast it." - Moorgard
Debillus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-06-2005, 02:34 PM   #24
Suraklin

Loremaster

TheBladesCaress wrote:

TheLout wrote:
Ya, they are just going to Nerf us if you post these things Ewil!
<--- Malev, 39 Warlock on Nek too.

Check the main Spell & Combat Arts board... they are already using this video to call for a nerf of warlocks.... I dont know why people cant just play...

From what I hear DDO (Dungeons & Dragons Online) isn't going to care if one class is more powerful than another. I believe Vanguard isn't going to care that much either. So they won't be doing any class "balancing" bullcrap. If you picked a gimped class deal with it instead of crying nerf every[expletive ninja'd by Faarbot]ingbody else. SOE  has went way overboard on the nerf everything bullcrap. That's why May 13th is my last day. Just because someone can't do what another class can do they break a complete class to make a whiner happy. How about fixing the gimped classes instead. if you do that I might come back in a few months.

Message Edited by Suraklin on 05-06-2005 03:34 AM

Message Edited by Suraklin on 05-06-2005 03:36 AM

Friends don't let friends ask for another classes nerf.
Suraklin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-06-2005, 04:47 PM   #25
Ewil

Fansite Staff

Mastire wrote:

When Scouts can kill 52^^^ Epic X 2 mobs, killing a ^^ 6 levels above you should be possible.

Hours of kiting, I assume. *cough*boring*cough*

Nagafen (Evil)

90 Templar, 85 Armorer

Creator of EQ2I
Old 05-06-2005, 04:50 PM   #26
Ewil

Fansite Staff

treasureshell wrote:
Defintely fun to watch!!! I am new to MMORPG and EQ2 and this clip may help me solo better once I reach mid 40's!

May I ask what D&B track was playing in the background?  I love D&B too!! and Love being a she-WLK too!

~ephy

Thank you SMILEY

The track is the February 2005 mix by John B, which, along with many others, can be downloaded from his site at http://www.john-b.com

Nagafen (Evil)

90 Templar, 85 Armorer

Creator of EQ2I
Old 05-06-2005, 04:54 PM   #27
Ewil

Fansite Staff

TheBladesCaress wrote:

That's funny SMILEY

Nagafen (Evil)

90 Templar, 85 Armorer

Creator of EQ2I
Old 05-06-2005, 05:01 PM   #28
Ewil

Fansite Staff

Message Edited by Lazaron on 05-06-2005 06:06 AM

Nagafen (Evil)

90 Templar, 85 Armorer

Creator of EQ2I
Old 05-06-2005, 05:05 PM   #29
Ewil

Fansite Staff

Ingrata wrote:

I was just curious as to why every time you cast Bony Grasp, you turned the camera view away from the mob?  It seems odd to take a video for people to watch and then turn the camera view away every time you cast the same spell... you did it once while casting Chaotic Maelstrom, but we never actually SEE the mob when you cast Bony Grasp...

Funny that ask! I play on a laptop which gets stuck for 1-4 seconds when I do bony grasp on big monsters.
In the case that Bony Grasp is resisted and get stuck in lag, I'd die. So it's a personal safety thing.

The time where I turn the camera away during Chaotic Maelstrom is because I'm very nervous and move my view by accident SMILEY

Ingrata wrote:

Also, to those calling for a warlock nerf... this gentleman used his training spells quite a lot and these are spells that not all warlocks have... it seems silly to call on a nerf for everyone when I don't even have ½ the same training spells this warlock does...

It would be of benefit if you would also mention if you are able to solo every single level 52^^ heroic mob you come across... people seem to blow these things out of proportion.  One root break and you would have been dead... plain and simple.  This is NOT a flame on your performance, but a notice for everyone who is now calling for a nerf (which is why these types of things should be clearly explained).  I now feel I should post my own video of me trying to kill another mob of the same level so all can see what happenes when the root breaks :smileywink: 

In the end of the video you see 3 bails where I have to zone out. This is the only 50^^ mob I've tried because:
- It's the only one I've found near a zone-out
- I'm not happy about hunting inside, less ways to run
- They seem to have little hitpoints

I've only been killed about 2 times by them, but I've bailed... many.

Nagafen (Evil)

90 Templar, 85 Armorer

Creator of EQ2I
Old 05-06-2005, 06:18 PM   #30
Fepp

General

Lazaron do you want bony grasp to be nerfed?Linking to this video in your sig is a good way to go about it.