EQ2 Forum Archive @ EQ2Wire

Go Back   EQ2 Forum Archive @ EQ2Wire > EverQuest II > Class Discussion > Mage's Arcanum > Wizard
Members List Search Mark Forums Read

Notices

Old 05-06-2005, 12:49 AM   #1
Lady Uaelr

General

No Level 50 wizard can do this-- even with adept 3.

End of discussion about Warlocks vs Wizard.
Lady Uaelr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-06-2005, 01:04 AM   #2
Asterra

Loremaster

Well, not to burst the bubble, but this is nothing new.  Warlocks are the best soloers in the game, while Wizards are among the worst.  We do okay against single-target encounters, but two or more mobs and they'd better be gray or death is likely.  Has to do with luck at that point.  This is merely one facet of Warlock superiority over Wizards, and truthfully not the most critical.  DPS, particularly on raids, is where Wizard inadequacy really stands out.  Especially in light of Moorgard's stated intent for Wizards and Warlocks, it's frustrating just how hideously Wizards are failing to meet the promises.  But that, too, is nothing new, to anyone coming straight from EQ1.  As I am fond of saying, I wonder how Sigil Games will treat the ubiquitous Wizard.  It could scarcely be worse.
Asterra is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-06-2005, 01:12 AM   #3
Lady Uaelr

General

Silenced.........
Old 05-06-2005, 11:02 AM   #4
Beghard

Loremaster

Yeah FYI i have been soloing ^^ meny lvls hier than me ever since i got ring of cold all those ages ago.
Why do the very worst wizards have to be the ones with the loudest voice?
Old 05-06-2005, 12:35 PM   #5
TheWhiteRaid

Beghard wrote:
 Yeah FYI i have been soloing ^^ meny lvls hier than me ever since i got ring of cold all those ages ago.
Why do the very worst wizards have to be the ones with the loudest voice?

How about Group 2x mobs?   That is what those named mobs are.   

*Oasis*
Halindal - Level 50 Wizard
Hisad - Level 33 Warlock
Gilib - Level 10 Crusaider
TheWhiteRaid is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-06-2005, 06:18 PM   #6
Daerov

I've done it before. Very VERY tricky but its doable.

Daerovyn
High Elf
Level 50 Wizard
Level 10 Scholar
Toxxulia Server
Daerov is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-06-2005, 07:09 PM   #7
TheC

Lady Uaelrea wrote:

Will you please quit the game, PLEASE!!

Ever since I started this game you have been [expletive ninja'd by Faarbot]ing and complaining about how crap us wizzies are.  There are a ton of great posts with constructive ideas made by other wizards,  all you do is complain, you almost got banned before for over [expletive ninja'd by Faarbot]ing. Play the game or quit, just stop posting. You're giving us a horrible name, you post on multiple boards linking back to your own assinine posts saying OMG wizards suck and warlocks rule. 

You're also being really selfish, us DD casters got a huge bump a while back, there are tons of other classes that haven't been touched yet, I'd personally like to see other casters like get some love before they bump us again.

TheC is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-06-2005, 07:32 PM   #8
rackman

Loremaster

Coz,

Are you really a wizzy,

Sounds like your another class trying to deflect us wizzy's issues

A bump in DPS? hahahahahahaahhh  from nothing to maybe below average

Allow people to state their opinion and shut up

rackman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-06-2005, 07:36 PM   #9
suroktheslayer5

Loremaster

I saw a shadow knight solo iceberg and tundra jack as well. The trick is to keep running them around one of the ice outcropings. I havn't tried the trick myself but it seems that it is possible with any class if you know the trick. Looks like more of a pathing exploit rather than "warlocks rule and wizards suck" but I guess thats all people sometimes wish to see and not any other reason. Surok lv 50 wiz
suroktheslayer5 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-06-2005, 07:46 PM   #10
Lady Uaelr

General

Daerovyn wrote:
I've done it before. Very VERY tricky but its doable.

Please tell us your strategy - because I have neevr seen any high end wizard take on a 2x mob. EVER!!

I have been able to barely handle a double up Preduke of Thyr but I was able to with 25% health left and that was a level 49. 

Please states what 2x mob you were able solo. 

Then go and try to solo tundra Jack and Iceberg.

Let us know what happens......./chuckle
Old 05-06-2005, 07:47 PM   #11
Lady Uaelr

General

The Coz-----please do not address me.
Old 05-06-2005, 09:42 PM   #12
Keitho

General

For me it was major crowd control. Had to use roots and keep both rooted at the same time. 4 items 3 regening power and one regening health is also a key why this was possible.
Old 05-06-2005, 11:10 PM   #13
Junaru

Loremaster

"Please tell us your strategy - because I have neevr seen any high end wizard take on a 2x mob. EVER!!" I guess it's NEVER happen if you haven't seen it happen. People like you are too funny sometimes. You pretend to post something cool when really you are calling for a nerf but just too much of a wimp to call for it. Grow a set of balls man..
Old 05-06-2005, 11:15 PM   #14
WaachBack

Loremaster

Who said Wizards (and many other classes) cant do it either?

Im a warlock, though it kinda seems that I know how to play the Wizard class better them some of you. For you whinny wizards out there, this is how you do it.
Cast aeo root
debuff
dot
nuke
Frozen manacles
aeo root
rinse and repeat.

Again, is this method of soloing effective? NO. Will you die alot? YES. Is there alot of down time? YES. Can any class do it? YES with the right gear, and strats....
Old 05-06-2005, 11:53 PM   #15
roarfrost

Loremaster

WaachBack wrote:
Can any class do it? YES with the right gear, and strats....

You're wrong if you think any class can solo Ice Berg and Tundra Jack...
roarfrost is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-07-2005, 12:02 AM   #16
WaachBack

Loremaster

I am? Try getting an imbued cedar wand or use a bow. It can be done.....
Old 05-07-2005, 12:08 AM   #17
roarfrost

Loremaster

WaachBack wrote:
I am? Try getting an imbued cedar wand or use a bow. It can be done.....

Ah, but I wasn't including using kiting exploits, sorry...
roarfrost is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-07-2005, 12:13 AM   #18
WaachBack

Loremaster

Can anyone do it though? Yes they can, that was my point.

Message Edited by WaachBack on 05-06-2005 01:14 PM

Old 05-07-2005, 02:06 AM   #19
TheWhiteRaid

Junaru wrote:
"Please tell us your strategy - because I have neevr seen any high end wizard take on a 2x mob. EVER!!"

I guess it's NEVER happen if you haven't seen it happen. People like you are too funny sometimes. You pretend to post something cool when really you are calling for a nerf but just too much of a wimp to call for it. Grow a set of balls man..

You are also kind of funny how you jump in front of the nerf bullet and act like it is our fault.   Many Wizards have said the issue with Wizard vs. Warlocks has been with the Wizard.  

Message Edited by TheWhiteRaider on 05-06-2005 03:07 PM

*Oasis*
Hisad - Level 33 Warlock
Old 05-07-2005, 04:19 AM   #20
Mastire

Loremaster

Lady Uaelrea wrote:

and as a 50 warlock I can't do that. End of story we each have thigns we can and can't do. And gratz for beign a [expletive ninja'd by Faarbot] and havign a "Nerf them and us" post
Mastire is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-07-2005, 04:44 AM   #21
Splatterpunk28

Loremaster

Wow this IS amazing!  Maybe you should reroll as a warlock?  What are you gonna do when you realize you can't solo him as a warlock either?

No offense, but there are several classe that can solo him, including wizards.  You must just ... suck.

Anyone can link posts made by other classes bragging about what they can do (or in this case just showing how to do it).  Shall I go to the warlock boards to post quotes from wizards that say they have better dps, all the mobs they can solo and that they have better utility, fluff spells and graphics too?  Because the quotes do exist.   Shall I? 

Oh I guess that would be [expletive ninja'd by Faarbot] and pointless.

Splatterpunk28 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-07-2005, 04:55 AM   #22
TheWhiteRaid

Though to be fair if you do read he has mana power regen items along with a health regen so he is not an average warlock.  

Another note though is Warlocks can handle the encounter better because their "mother of all nukes"  is an AoE so you can attack both mobs at the same time.

*Oasis*
Hisad - Level 33 Warlock
Old 05-07-2005, 05:05 AM   #23
Beghard

Loremaster

"Please tell us your strategy - because I have neevr seen any high end wizard take on a 2x mob. EVER!!

I have been able to barely handle a double up Preduke of Thyr but I was able to with 25% health left and that was a level 49. 

Then go and try to solo tundra Jack and Iceberg."

How about instead of mouthing off orders you stratagies and try it yourself.
But that wont give you the right to come back here and say its immposible after youve failed on your first atempt! :smileyvery-happy:
Old 05-07-2005, 06:09 AM   #24
Mastire

Loremaster

Beghard wrote:
"Please tell us your strategy - because I have neevr seen any high end wizard take on a 2x mob. EVER!!

Then go and try to solo tundra Jack and Iceberg."

How about instead of mouthing off orders you stratagies and try it yourself.
But that wont give you the right to come back here and say its immposible after youve failed on your first atempt! :smileyvery-happy:

Strat is Kill one mob run away regen and then kill 2nd mob. Any very well equpied wizzard/warlock can do it. then get lucky with no resists, and power regen potions can help as well
Mastire is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-09-2005, 04:14 PM   #25
Pkac

Lady Uaelrea wrote:

Lady Uaelrea,

Please Please Please, can you quit with the constant whining about wizards. you attempt to speak for all of us, and end up making us look like a bunch of idiots.

In future, if you have nothing constructive to say, and just feel the need for another one of your pointless whines, turn off the computer and go get some fresh air, before you make wizards the laughing stock of the boards...
Pkac is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-09-2005, 07:23 PM   #26
Nibiuno

Loremaster

Nibiuno is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-09-2005, 10:06 PM   #27
Junaru

Loremaster

"You are also kind of funny how you jump in front of the nerf bullet and act like it is our fault.   Many Wizards have said the issue with Wizard vs. Warlocks has been with the Wizard.  " How did I jump in front of the nerf bullet and act like it's Wizards fault? For the record I didn't say anything about Wizard in my post. I simple said Lady was posting about a Warlock pretending it was cool but really just trying to bring attention to what a Warlock can do. Now for all the people who called for a nerf Warlocks cause of this, are you going to also call for a nerf to Wizards since one also solo this NPC? To set the record right, I agree Wizards need a "little" love mainly with resists and power cost of spells. but [expletive ninja'd by Faarbot]ing that a Warlock can do something and it's not fair isn't the "right" way of getting what you want. 90% of the Wizards see this. It's just the 10% like Lady that go about it the wrong way. If you want the support of you fellow Sorcerers, ASK. Don't call for a nerf.
Old 05-09-2005, 10:09 PM   #28
Lady Uaelr

General

Junaru wrote:
"Please tell us your strategy - because I have neevr seen any high end wizard take on a 2x mob. EVER!!"

I guess it's NEVER happen if you haven't seen it happen. People like you are too funny sometimes. You pretend to post something cool when really you are calling for a nerf but just too much of a wimp to call for it. Grow a set of balls man..

No I have not seen it happen..and no one has ever mentioned being able to do it until now.

Pretend to post something cool????-----it is just a post meant to see if anyone agress disagrees and discuss. Isn't that what these boards are for?

I am female so I do not require balls.....learn some respect. I feel bad for your mother if your are what she has for a son.

Old 05-09-2005, 10:13 PM   #29
Lady Uaelr

General

Mastire wrote:

Lady Uaelrea wrote:

and as a 50 warlock I can't do that. End of story we each have thigns we can and can't do. And gratz for beign a [expletive ninja'd by Faarbot] and havign a "Nerf them and us" post

I don't understand---I got this from the warlock boards. Lord, it appears the vast majority of males on EQ2 require anger management.

Insults and insults and more insults.

When do I insult anyone........so sad that there is so much hate in this world even about a silly game.

Old 05-09-2005, 10:16 PM   #30
Lady Uaelr

General

Splatterpunk28 wrote:

Wow this IS amazing!  Maybe you should reroll as a warlock?  What are you gonna do when you realize you can't solo him as a warlock either?

No offense, but there are several classe that can solo him, including wizards.  You must just ... suck.

Anyone can link posts made by other classes bragging about what they can do (or in this case just showing how to do it).  Shall I go to the warlock boards to post quotes from wizards that say they have better dps, all the mobs they can solo and that they have better utility, fluff spells and graphics too?  Because the quotes do exist.   Shall I? 

Oh I guess that would be [expletive ninja'd by Faarbot] and pointless.

More insults...