EQ2 Forum Archive @ EQ2Wire

Go Back   EQ2 Forum Archive @ EQ2Wire > EverQuest II > Class Discussion > Mage's Arcanum > Warlock
Members List Search Mark Forums Read

Notices

Old 05-08-2005, 01:32 AM   #1
Gurik

Loremaster

I'm lvl 41 warlock and needing 42 badly.  my guildies have moved past me to lvl 47...  with my limited playing time, i need to solo again.. 

what mobs are good for us warlocks at lvl 41?  and where are they located?

thanks all!

-g
Gurik is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-08-2005, 02:09 AM   #2
Mastire

Loremaster

Gurik wrote:
I'm lvl 41 warlock and needing 42 badly.  my guildies have moved past me to lvl 47...  with my limited playing time, i need to solo again.. 

what mobs are good for us warlocks at lvl 41?  and where are they located?

thanks all!

-g

Try mobs yoursef and see what you can solo. after 2 nerf my class posts I don't think anyone realy wants to say what we can and can't do.
Mastire is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-08-2005, 03:43 AM   #3
toxifloxi

Loremaster

Solo the nightbloods in EL. The single ^^ ones are very easy when you know how to play, and give good experience.

Dont try to tank these mobs, if you have a root resist, run SMILEY

toxifloxi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-08-2005, 11:54 PM   #4
Tanatus

Loremaster

*Sign*
++ mob really not worth time for solo only for loot and only named (in Zeks)
best prey are heroic or solo conned mob that have 3-6 mob within pack with arrow DOWN - kill 1 outright on a pull with ND, stun with flash freeze closest to you and land on em bony grasp arrow down mob wont interupt you much at all. Once root landed just attack with HO-Negative Absolution-Nul Absolution and finish off mobs with ND, BSS, NoxBolt and IceFire
You can pick on heroic group with 3 monster if all of em casters (your ideal prey) - again hopefull casters will be in tight group (usually warden-charmer-sorc type linked together). Start with Bony.... try kill outright sorc/warlock type mobe then go after warden leave charmer to the end they are harmless (much like all enchanters lol)
Last but not least - good prey are solo conned group from 2 same type mob - in such case  Bony on 1 and TNN on second while Bony active try kill one that you have stunned. Once you done - bony on second should about to brake - use Frozen Manacle and attack at weel
Tanatus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-09-2005, 02:53 PM   #5
BaronVonPitviper

Loremaster

41 is a pain to get through if you don't have EF access. While LFG, I'd fight in RV killing the hounds, undertow puppets, solo NB/Lamia. It was sucky exp, but once you get to LS/EF things'll pick up for you for a few more levels. Once you hit 46ish your solo content will be a few mobs in EF.

Swashbuckler

Weaponsmith ~ Tinker

Amenta

Splitpaw
BaronVonPitviper is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-09-2005, 04:28 PM   #6
Panad

General

Best solo experience I had so far was in Feerott, taking on the lizardmen groups, blues or whites, greens when there are not better ones around. Nearly completely soloed my way from 39 to 42 doing those mobs, they also got nice loot, money-wise, it's useless stuff mainly but can be sold for some nice cash, I even picked up all the crap drops like meat etc. because you can sell them for 5s I think, 20 of them and you got 1gp. SMILEY
Old 05-13-2005, 10:59 AM   #7
jaythedogg

Loremaster

If all else fails & you still have the quests available, you can solo said lizardman groups, get some good cash saved & then buy up your bone fragment quests & your shard quests & such & turn them all in for good exp & decent items if in need of an upgrade IMHO. Then again I am only lvl 36 & have not even gotten into the true warlock power yet... (I hear BG is when things get FUN!)

i liek milk
jaythedogg is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-13-2005, 02:41 PM   #8
fed

You're lucky to be 41. I suggest you go to the beach in feerrott and solo the huuptics there, they should be blue/green at that level. It might not be super xp, but you have a decent chance of getting a "tattered robe" which will lead to a *very* nice robe quest (with +20 power regen in combat) called "stiches in time" resulting in "robe of the invoker". After you have that robe you'll be able to solo easier, and be the envy of most other casters.(p.s. any mobs in feerrott can drop the tattered robe, if huuptics aren't your thing there are plenty of other solo mobs in feer)
Old 05-13-2005, 07:30 PM   #9
Tanatus

Loremaster

Decent chance? you gota be kidding me ... I have slaughter over 1000s hupstics never seen ANY quest starter drops only diamondin hoops
If you want decent chance of droping starter you gota start slaughtering big groups of lizards all around Feerrott
Old 05-13-2005, 07:33 PM   #10
DresdenMalicaster

Loremaster

feday wrote:You're lucky to be 41. I suggest you go to the beach in feerrott and solo the huuptics there, they should be blue/green at that level. It might not be super xp, but you have a decent chance of getting a "tattered robe" which will lead to a *very* nice robe quest (with +20 power regen in combat) called "stiches in time" resulting in "robe of the invoker". After you have that robe you'll be able to solo easier, and be the envy of most other casters.(p.s. any mobs in feerrott can drop the tattered robe, if huuptics aren't your thing there are plenty of other solo mobs in feer)
My thoughts exactly. Nice plentiful solo kills (not camped as much in recent weeks). Easy to get to. A few grouped mobs to test your skills with the safety of the bell nearby if it looks bad. Opportunity for one of the best robes in the game. All-in-all, not a bad deal. Also, I believe there is a repeatable quest in the Feerrott that gives xp for killing solo stuff. Might be worthwhile to do for bonus xp/cash.
Old 05-13-2005, 07:38 PM   #11
Ingra

Is the Tattered Robe a body drop or chest drop? 

I am nerdier than 71% of all people. Are you nerdier? Click here to find out!
Ingra is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-13-2005, 08:05 PM   #12
Eadric

Loremaster

It was a chest drop for me.
Eadric is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-13-2005, 09:13 PM   #13
V4n

I concur that Huptics on the beach in Feerrott is a great place to solo 40-42. I would clear them one end to the other, just in time for repops. Takes just enough care and skill to not be totally boring. Great solo xp.
V4n is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-13-2005, 10:29 PM   #14
jaythedogg

Loremaster

I am soloing Huptics at 36 & they are just barely DB to me, as they are level 35. My main thing I have been soloing is Bitter Blooms, as they seem to have the highest chest drop rate, although, no body loot, still, teakwood knotted club sells to a vendor nicely & alot of advanced books & Adepts drop from them as well!

i liek milk
Old 05-13-2005, 10:56 PM   #15
Tanatus

Loremaster

Yep you are right flowers is best for chest drops I concur that - every time I run past IZ I kill always all flowers - if I am not end up with at least 2 chest in 5 min I always suprise
Second best rate for chests are pack of lizards followed by dregs...
Hupsticks lowerst chest drop, following by spiders and flyes.... Satars and Skeletons somethat in between those 2 groups
Old 05-14-2005, 12:19 PM   #16
jaythedogg

Loremaster

Well, I just got 37 tonight, am also up to 80% now towards 38, all because of the groups of lizardmen & dregs around the Robe of the invoker tree. (Ground spawn area that is) Been camping it for hours now, no pops, no drops. Yet, from the quest armor & weapons that dropped from chests, vendor trash, chest trash & all the other gobblty gunk off the lizard men & dregs, I had wife come watch my camp, then CoQ'd & sold, yea, 34g in less than 5 hours of expping, plus all that exp, makes it worth camping that area in the feerrott! P.S. Babbling due to fatigue. NN!

i liek milk
Old 05-15-2005, 09:21 AM   #17
Computer MAn

Loremaster

I have heard the Invoker quest can be started from a rock where exactly does this rock spawn?
Computer MAn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-15-2005, 11:40 AM   #18
jaythedogg

Loremaster

Computer MAn wrote:I have heard the Invoker quest can be started from a rock where exactly does this rock spawn?

Have a look: My advice though... Don't just stand there looking, you will go crazy or fall asleep or both, the latter from banging your head against the computer desk from going crazy due to the burning of your retinas. Kill the two groups of Evol Ew Solo groups (2 or 3 ~~ lvls 38-41) one directly ahead of here & one off to the left of the first, it's easy, & it rakes in great exp & loot. Then, you will have a great way to pass the time, make a lil spare change & camp the robe, heck I logged in for 30 minutes today after camping that drop for 5 hours yesterday, fought with a guy who kept running through & taking what I was starting to cast on, finally got him to leave me alone & then BAM there drops my chest with my Tattered Robe in it. The funnest part is the Rivervale slaughtering of the socially agro Vale Maiden (or Nymph) seedlings, they are rare & the update is VERY rare! Bring a person 10 levels above you with the ability to slaughter, so they can kill all the other nymphs in sight to get more spawns & keep you from dying repeatedly & horribly. I did get it tonight though, but wanna know what really bites? I cannot use it for 2 more levels. SMILEY Good thing I have Evol Ew groups! But... No vitality bonus left... SMILEY Good luck! Edit: Spelling > me.

Message Edited by jaythedogg on 05-15-2005 02:56 PM

i liek milk
Old 05-17-2005, 10:44 AM   #19
Xtremeeeee

Some good info on your post, but I'm not really sure how you get it.
Do you:

1) Kill things around that area and they can drop a chest that contains the quest start?
2) Kill things around that area and that can make a chest spawn in the spot your ScreenShot shows?
3) Just wait around that spot and it spawns on the ground?
4) Something else (please explain)

Good info you put there but I didn't get the basic point of how you get it.

Thanks.
Xtremeeeee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-17-2005, 06:43 PM   #20
Computer MAn

Loremaster

Both # 1 and # 3 can start the invoker quest
Old 05-17-2005, 10:24 PM   #21
SilentSam

Loremaster

Good luck on the invoker robe quest starter....I've been hunting feerott for weeks and still nothing.  I check for the rock repeatedly...still nothing.  From what I hear the rock is either very random or on about a one week respawn timer.

Its a great idea to go hunting for it...but don't go there expecting to find it in one night of hunting.  :smileyindifferent:

from the lands of Faydark
-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-
SilentSam is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-18-2005, 06:40 AM   #22
jaythedogg

Loremaster

Like I said, hang around that area, & go kill lizardmen groups so you may get the chance of getting a chest drop with the tattered robe starter inside of it, & you never know, checking back periodically, you may find that rock up in the spot I screenied above! GL to ya! I got mine in a chest drop off a mob, as per my post above!

i liek milk
Old 05-18-2005, 07:06 PM   #23
BaronVonPitviper

Loremaster

What is the buff you have for the purple button that has a highlighted yellow brain in the outline of a head Buddercup?

Swashbuckler

Weaponsmith ~ Tinker

Amenta

Splitpaw
BaronVonPitviper is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-19-2005, 01:47 AM   #24
Computer MAn

Loremaster

AFAIK that is one of his macros
Old 05-19-2005, 05:54 AM   #25
jaythedogg

Loremaster

Yea, it is a macro, for my "HELP MOB ON THE CASTER! GET IT OFF ME! IT HURTS IT HURTS!" or something like that... =P

i liek milk
Old 05-23-2005, 11:59 PM   #26
Korpo

Loremaster

Heh, my macro says "Help! Help! I'm being attacked by %t, and I die easily!" (%t puts in the name of whatever your target is, by the way)
Old 05-24-2005, 02:47 AM   #27
Andre

korpo53 wrote:Heh, my macro says "Help! Help! I'm being attacked by %t, and I die easily!" (%t puts in the name of whatever your target is, by the way)

Don't forget to press F1 before you run this macro.
Andre is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-24-2005, 03:42 AM   #28
Talonis

Loremaster

I have a fun macro for a 'Zerker buddy of mine that goes: "Very Light Armor Wearing Chain-Nuker seeks Tank that can hold aggro, PST"
Talonis is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-08-2005, 06:32 AM   #29
jaythedogg

Loremaster

Okay, quick update, now, I am a 43 Warlock, for soloing mobs, Undertow in EF is NOT one of them. Many repair bills & loads of debt attempting that one. That is all.

i liek milk