EQ2 Forum Archive @ EQ2Wire

Go Back   EQ2 Forum Archive @ EQ2Wire > EverQuest II > Class Discussion > Mage's Arcanum > Warlock
Members List Search Mark Forums Read

Notices

Old 05-01-2005, 04:40 PM   #1
Ziffna

Well i just dinged 44 and got a new racial trait and decided to go with Confusing Babble (Gnome Racial Trait) up to this point I have been rather disappointed with Nullmails apprent in ablity to effectivly reduce agro.  Needless to say this is really messed up looking at this screen shot you should see why.

not sure if that link is going to work or not but here it is in text http://eq2players.station.sony.com/en/image_view.vm?imageId=333495#

I could be wrong but it would seem to me that at level 44 a whole 57 threat reduction on a master 1 spell is kinda pointless as is the 48 points  healing.  Especially when compared to the 626 threat reduction given by the racial trait. I would really like to know what is being done with this as even with a master Nullmail there is little to no gain from using this spell.  This is a spell that is gotten at 43 not at 20 and is supposed to be an emergancy hate reducer tho the heal is ineffective when mobs are hitting for 500+ in group incounters and the hate reduction is not enough to even make up for the hate created by the minisucle nuke that must land inorder for the hate reduction to be effective.  Hopefully this is one of the things that is being addressed in the combat update tho i'm not holding my breath taking away parry is bad enough but if i'm gonna be getting hit more when a tank loses agro at least fix this so that it has a worthy effect as it stands i don't think even at 20 it would be effective.
Ziffna is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-01-2005, 08:19 PM   #2
Mild und Lei

tarton's wheel is similar, it reduced threat by 600 or so, makes nullmail seem kind of useless especially since you have to be hit for it to work.
Mild und Lei is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-02-2005, 06:55 PM   #3
Eadric

Loremaster

Try using the wheel when you're down on the Solusek bridges...or in one of the small houses. I found out (the hard way) that it will teleport you right outside the walls and let you drop, drop, drop...
Eadric is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-02-2005, 09:31 PM   #4
Manari

Great, now they will just nerf my escape button SMILEY
On the Befallen Server.
Manari is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-05-2005, 01:18 AM   #5
Andig

Confusing Babble works.  I like it.  Nullmail Blows IMO.

Grobb - Level 48 Warlock and growing.
GroupBuyCenter.com
Andig is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-05-2005, 11:02 PM   #6
Anachroni

It`s very difficult to tell, but I do have the feeling that nullmail is usefull. I recently updated it to Adept I and since then our tank is quite able to get the aggro off me and back to him (didn`t work on Apprentice I). Maybe it`s just some kind of display error in the speel description? What experience did you make with the spell?

Jörg

Der
Anachroni is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-05-2005, 11:22 PM   #7
WaachBack

Loremaster

The thing is,we have to be hit to make it work, and fyi, most mages dont take "hits" too well hehe.
Old 05-17-2005, 05:44 PM   #8
Deathspell

Loremaster

Nullmail is my latest spell and in what situations do I use this best? I thought I had to cast this on the mob, but it has a really long recast timer (13 minutes or so) so I got some doubts. Should I cast it on myself? But I don't see a buff-icon. Any help much appreciated SMILEY)
Deathspell is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-18-2005, 09:24 AM   #9
maddawg138

Loremaster

Deathspell wrote:
Nullmail is my latest spell and in what situations do I use this best?

I thought I had to cast this on the mob, but it has a really long recast timer (13 minutes or so) so I got some doubts.
Should I cast it on myself? But I don't see a buff-icon.

Any help much appreciated SMILEY)

its a self buff spell as you could say....and it does have an icon in your maintained/effect windows. pretty much in a heavy ordeal and you end up taking aggro from like 5 mobs you use it and stop casting for awhile so the tank can get aggro back.