EQ2 Forum Archive @ EQ2Wire

Go Back   EQ2 Forum Archive @ EQ2Wire > EverQuest II > Class Discussion > Mage's Arcanum > Wizard
Members List Search Mark Forums Read

Notices

Old 05-09-2005, 10:18 PM   #31
SalBlu

Lady Uaelrea... I would just stop responding.  Let the thread die.
SalBlu is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-09-2005, 10:20 PM   #32
Lady Uaelr

General

Pkachu wrote:

Lady Uaelrea wrote:

No Level 50 wizard can do this-- even with adept 3.

End of discussion about Warlocks vs Wizard.

Lady Uaelrea,

Please Please Please, can you quit with the constant whining about wizards. you attempt to speak for all of us, and end up making us look like a bunch of idiots.

In future, if you have nothing constructive to say, and just feel the need for another one of your pointless whines, turn off the computer and go get some fresh air, before you make wizards the laughing stock of the boards...

More insults......I never address any of anyone else's posts with insults. I read and respect the other persons' opinions. There is no respect for anyone on these boards.

Is rudeness a common trait among EQ2 players?

Lady Uaelr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-09-2005, 10:25 PM   #33
Lady Uaelr

General

Nibiuno wrote:

Congratz...can you share your strategy please.

Also, I realize you have a prismatic and invoker robe, do you have GEB also?

Old 05-09-2005, 10:34 PM   #34
Bup

Hey SKs can do this too.  Maybe they should balance Wizards with them?  Regardless, this doesn't show a problem with warlocks or wizards since Tundra Jack is soloable by anyone with a bow skill.  Tundra Jack is a broken epic x 2.  They should fix him and then it won't be an issue. Wizards are plenty balanced in end raid.  I know, I log constantly and our two main wizards are always in the top 5 in dps.  And always above the scouts and tanks.

Message Edited by Buppa on 05-09-2005 11:38 AM

Bup is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-09-2005, 10:51 PM   #35
Lady Uaelr

General

Buppa wrote:
Hey SKs can do this too.  Maybe they should balance Wizards with them?  Regardless, this doesn't show a problem with warlocks or wizards since Tundra Jack is soloable by anyone with a bow skill.  Tundra Jack is a broken epic x 2.  They should fix him and then it won't be an issue.

Wizards are plenty balanced in end raid.  I know, I log constantly and our two main wizards are always in the top 5 in dps.  And always above the scouts and tanks.

Message Edited by Buppa on 05-09-2005 11:38 AM

How are they in the end raid. That goes against what everyone has posted everywhere. Do you mean with power transfers. there is a post that indicates almost all epics have high resist to cold and heat----our strongest spell ice comet has no effect.

I disagree with your post. Wizards are not balanced in end raid---why would you post that anyways?

Do you not want wizards to be improved?

Definitely not a supportive post....thanks for not considering all the problems the class has encountered.

Old 05-09-2005, 11:46 PM   #36
Junaru

Loremaster

Lady Uaelrea people just don't like people asking for changes when they just don't know what they are talking about. Again just cause you didn't see it happen or you can't do it doesn't make Warlocks more powerful then Wizards. Granted Wizards still need a little help but you make it seem like the problem is Warlocks are Gods gift to EQ2. Like they are the only ones able to solo a group 2X NPC. You posted this same link over and over again making everything think Warlocks can take down anything and it's just not true.If you look back and notice both the Wizard and Warlock who soloed Ice Berg and Tundra Jack were in better gear then most. Both were more then likely skilled enough to do it. Your run of the mill Sorcerer isn't going to be able to pull it off. But you make it seem like every Warlock can do it and no one else can. Then you ignore posts saying that "Warlocks aren't the only ones who can solo that NPC".Step up and say you were wrong that no Wizard even with adeptIII can do that and maybe people will cut you some slack. But if you keep spewing wrong information and acting like it is 100% fact, no one is going to care if you get flamed.Sorry for being a bit rude but seeing all the threads you posted about one well to do Warlock killing Tundra Jack kind of pissies me off.
Old 05-10-2005, 12:22 AM   #37
Lady Uaelr

General

You are nasty .......but please know I never wanted warlocks to be nerfed.

The only reason I posted this to the forums is because it was in the warlock forums and I thought it was an example of the desparity between the classes.

The wizard that posted screen shots demonstrating he could also manage - was a professional player and level 50 while the warlock was level 45. That is why I was suprised.

Maybe I should have be clearer in my post by saying any level 45 wizard that can do this please post.

Long live rude people...and thank you for offering to cut me some slack but is not required.

Warlocks are not gods just appear to be quicker and more effective..that is all.
Old 05-10-2005, 12:54 AM   #38
SalBlu

"Long live rude people...and thank you for offering to cut me some slack but is not required."

Just forget posting like this Lady.  It is beating a dead horse.  Just let it slide and move on.
Old 05-10-2005, 01:35 AM   #39
Bup

Lady Uaelrea wrote:

I disagree with your post. Wizards are not balanced in end raid---why would you post that anyways?

Do you not want wizards to be improved?

Why would I post that?  Because I have hundreds of logs from every epic mob in the game that says so.  From T'Haen to Darathar to the new epic instance in Lava Storm, my guild has beaten all and our two main wizards (usually only 2 on raid), are always top 5 in dps.  All you are posting is heresay, what other people have said.  Do wizards do as much damage as a warlock on neutral mobs (where it isn't resistant to either warlock or wizard), no they don't.  But they are there.  But again, I am from a high end raiding guild, our guys could just be better players than average and therefore make their wizards look better. As far as 'wizards to be improved', there are other classes out there that have real problems (defilers wards taking un-mitigated damage, coercers being clarity dispensers, summoners dps).  Here is our top two DPS versus T'Haen:
Izadar - 25576 Leahalexis - 21947 Combined - 47523 Here is T'Haen's total health:  T'Haen the Lost - 100786 Two wizards did 47% of the total damage dealt to this mob.  These are not our top two wizards and I know for a fact that neither has all their adept 3s for damage spells.
Bup is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-10-2005, 04:44 AM   #40
Keitho

General

Lady Uaelrea wrote:
You are nasty .......but please know I never wanted warlocks to be nerfed.

The only reason I posted this to the forums is because it was in the warlock forums and I thought it was an example of the desparity between the classes.

The wizard that posted screen shots demonstrating he could also manage - was a professional player and level 50 while the warlock was level 45. That is why I was suprised.

Maybe I should have be clearer in my post by saying any level 45 wizard that can do this please post.

Long live rude people...and thank you for offering to cut me some slack but is not required.

Warlocks are not gods just appear to be quicker and more effective..that is all.

Please it was me that posted the solo with Tundra Jack. Lv 50 not no lv 45 even though Im good friends with Ewil and we duo tons of mobs together yelling when our roots gunna run out and we just chain it. But anyways. Grats to the wizard that did this as well.
Old 05-10-2005, 09:38 AM   #41
suroktheslayer5

Loremaster

We're not rude Lady, you are just WRONG about evrything you've posted yet you continue to defend your obvious flawed agrument. We wizzy lovers had enough of you bad mouthing our class, you have been proven wrong. Surok lv 50 wiz
suroktheslayer5 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-10-2005, 07:30 PM   #42
Lady Uaelr

General

suroktheslayer5 wrote:
We're not rude Lady, you are just WRONG about evrything you've posted yet you continue to defend your obvious flawed agrument. We wizzy lovers had enough of you bad mouthing our class, you have been proven wrong.

Surok lv 50 wiz

My concern is with epic mobs that is all. Go to a raid and see if anything works on an epic mob. The post is on this board from an experienced player.

I guess for you that do not raid you have no idea what I am speaking of.

As for a 45 ^^ - I can solo/duo that mob so T'Hean is not the type of epic mob I am speaking of.

I have never bad mouthed wizards-- my god no one makes any sense here.

I just want the wizard spells fixed and for the spells to have some effect on epic mobs. Read a little would not hurt.

Without reading and understanding what I am posting you seem ignorant.
Old 05-10-2005, 08:09 PM   #43
TheC

Below is an example of how to constructively post about wizard raid mob resistances, notice no one flames him. Look to any of your posts Lady on how not to go about wizard problems, notice all your posts get flamed. 

It blows me away that you keep posting, but it does make for a good laugh.

TheC is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-10-2005, 09:13 PM   #44
Lady Uaelr

General

I am happy you get a laugh out of it..so do I and that is why I keep posting.

I will voice my opnion regardless of what anyone says as long as I am not insulting or using profanity I will post whatever I feel needs to be addressed.

So you and the other persons that require extensive therapy for anger management can say what you want. I actually love that you keep replying it let's me know you gave my post enough importance to say something.

Also, I am bored and you and the other people that love to attack me makes for good entertainment.:smileyvery-happy:
Old 05-10-2005, 10:51 PM   #45
WaachBack

Loremaster

......oh man......
Old 05-11-2005, 01:27 AM   #46
Eadric

Loremaster

Lady, you said "No Level 50 wizard can do this-- even with adept 3. End of discussion about Warlocks vs Wizard."

Clearly this statement doesn't hold water. It is the basis for the responses you've gotten in this thread. One, you were wrong. Two, you tried to end a discussion that had one point even though (again) that one point was clearly unfounded.

I don't blame you for seeking improvements for wizards, but you need to do your research in order to make a credible statement.

For what it's worth, I hope that helps.

Eadric is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-11-2005, 10:12 AM   #47
Violator

General

Awww... Buppa mentioned me... :smileyhappy: Wizards did rock T"Hean, but he was a disease based mob. But, he is one of the very few that are disease/poision based, and  I really think he doesn't count. Because who in there right mind would go through all of that again?  Anyways, as far as our raiding goes, Wizards do ok on most epic enounters, except ones that have undead bosses, and ones that live in Permafrost. CL, Ant, and Drayek are very ice resistant, which isn't such a big deal, most of our spells are fire related, except our lvl 30 training, and ice comet. Ice comet does seem to not be completely ice though. It shows as it lands on the target, just does no damage. So, for wizards to keep their DPS up during these instances, use ice comet on adds. It does seem to affect all the adds, just not the bosses. However, it did work great the other night on vekenor, if it landed... you were dead, but it worked great. On a side note, if I were going to complain about the class, and as everyone compares it to Warlocks, I would have to complain mainly on casting time and power usage.   All of our DD spells, except the DOT immolation takes 200 or more power to cast. I can go OOP faster then someone stuck on sprint if i wanted to. Leahalexis 50 Wizard Monolith/ Steamfont

Message Edited by Violatortn on 05-11-2005 01:15 AM

Violator is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-11-2005, 10:56 AM   #48
Nibiuno

Loremaster

Here's the only hint I'm going to give regarding this, because any level 50 wizard can solo these mobs even without power regen. Ring of Cold can be cancelled.
Nibiuno is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-11-2005, 05:47 PM   #49
SalBlu

Hmmm... I've been tryin to figure this out, and I just cant seem to figure how to keep both of them rooted for any good length of time.  I know how to solo single 50^^ mobs using RoC cancellation, but I just cant seem to figure out how to keep both Iceburg and Tundra Jack frozen down for any long length of time.

I think I must be overlooking something...

Old 05-11-2005, 07:11 PM   #50
Nibiuno

Loremaster

Oh and just a fyi, we have a Guardian that solos the Epic MG instance, and an SK.  Melee classes can do this kind of stuff too, they just have to be really good.
Nibiuno is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-15-2005, 01:04 PM   #51
Lady Uaelr

General

Nibiuno wrote:
Oh and just a fyi, we have a Guardian that solos the Epic MG instance, and an SK.  Melee classes can do this kind of stuff too, they just have to be really good.

I just want to say thank you for being so helpful...:smileyhappy:

You are truly an exceptional wizard.
Old 05-15-2005, 04:24 PM   #52
LilG'no

I don't read these forums much.. and this thread is full of the reasons why.  People complain like crazy.  Yes wizards did get a great damage per second bump months ago.  There's a lot of broken worthless spells still but we are a VERY workable class.. and great for groups in almost any situation.

And Lady whatever your name is... the problem isn't that wizards are broken and warlocks rock.. and you should have been a warlock.  I'm gonna clue you in on something.  If you were a warlock you'd suck just as much as you do as a wizard.  It's not programing inbalance.  It's players lack of creativity and patience.

Basicly I'm saying... people who complain that this can't be done.. or that can't be done... are not "great" players.  The greats are the ones that try stuff and experiment.

BTW did anyone bother to look up the info on the warlock that solo'd them?  Notice the number of deaths?  number 2 on server.. and in the top 100 WORLD WIDE... that means.. they aren't afraid to die.. over.. and over.. and over... so that FINALLY they can say they did something great.

LilG'no is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-15-2005, 05:35 PM   #53
Daerov

Yeah lol, doing this stuff takes a lot of practice and effort. I die so many times a week because I hunt named like crazy, and do instances, while I save up for a magic carpet (which is actually going quite well believe it or not hehe). I haven't died more than 10x a die lol but I have gotten very close.

FYI I now do Iceberg and Tundra Jack on a regular basis so, again, its doable. Its just like everyone says... keep each of em rooted... group root... damage... etc.

Daerovyn
High Elf
Level 50 Wizard
Level 10 Scholar
Toxxulia Server
Daerov is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-18-2005, 02:47 AM   #54
FraserSean

Loremaster

All this talk about wizards sucking at solo'ing lol.  Wizards if played right can very easily solo any non ^^^ in the game. I personaly kill multiple named mobs every day.  the non instance ones i mainly do are the brood mother, Undertow and yes iceburg.  Instances are also quit easy  here is a link to one of the harder ones but still not that hard to do with a wizard if you have an idea what your doing.   Now where wizards do have problems is on raids.  not all raids by any means but enough to make it fustrating sometimes.  Ant, Cl, Ferrott i might as well just mana feed for those because my dps is stupidly small.  I have my hopes that the combat changes coming in a few weeks will address this but who knows =)  but for non raid mobs wizards are not broken lol

http://www.imagehosting.us/imagehosting/showimg.jpg/?id=458555" alt="Image Hosted by imagehosting.us" />
FraserSean is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-21-2005, 02:25 AM   #55
Lady Uaelr

General

Mastire wrote:

Lady Uaelrea wrote:

No Level 50 wizard can do this-- even with adept 3.

End of discussion about Warlocks vs Wizard.

and as a 50 warlock I can't do that. End of story we each have thigns we can and can't do. And gratz for beign a [expletive ninja'd by Faarbot] and havign a "Nerf them and us" post

do not address me and I kindly take that insult and send it in a beautifully wrapped lalique box to your mother, grandmother, step mother and foster mother.

Ciao.