EQ2 Forum Archive @ EQ2Wire

Go Back   EQ2 Forum Archive @ EQ2Wire > EverQuest II > General EverQuest II Discussion > Items and Equipment
Members List Search Mark Forums Read

Notices

Old 05-16-2008, 03:53 PM   #31
Fyreflyte

Black Mage

Mr. Dawkins wrote:
Fire if the mechanics round the numbers up,  why dont you just tweek it so after it rounds up it is 5% or just make it so the choker does not affect its own nuke
That's actually pretty similar to what I did. The problem is that the numbers match up differently for players with different hitpoint totals. The character I initially tested this item on was taking exactly 5% damage from casts, but stick some gear on him and suddenly he's taking 5.5%. As I said, I'll speak with the coders and see if we can figure this one out, but it's not at the top of my priority list, as this item is pretty well balanced in it's current form (aside from the crits).
Fyreflyte is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-16-2008, 04:53 PM   #32
Aeralik

Developer

It's not a rounding error but suffice to say I found the issue with it and I'm looking into a fix for it SMILEY
Aeralik is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-16-2008, 05:59 PM   #33
Killin101

Lord

i personally dont see why you guys are complaining about this at all. the choker works fine and is one of the best necks in the game and now......well what do you think is gonna happen to it if they "fix it"? how about complain about things that really matter imo.
Killin101 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-16-2008, 07:11 PM   #34
LardLord

Loremaster

When you fix the error, you should also double the damage from 5% to 10% to keep it balanced, imo.

SMILEY

LardLord is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-16-2008, 07:50 PM   #35
-Aonein-

Loremaster

Killin101 wrote:
i personally dont see why you guys are complaining about this at all. the choker works fine and is one of the best necks in the game and now......well what do you think is gonna happen to it if they "fix it"? how about complain about things that really matter imo.

I take it your making your opinion based of your warlock only, which if is the case, because of your slow casting times you will barely notice any kind of effect vs someone whose casting times are 0.5 seconds to 1 second also then take into consideration classes that effect casting speed and reuse timers, not hard for healers to start whining about it and ask you to remove because they heal you more then they do the tank.

What and how the choker works is not the issue, your right it works fine for increasing damage, the fact that a dev has stated it should NOT be critting is something that needs to be fixed AND the damage inflicted upon yourself does not trigger reactive heals which it should be, especially for those casters with those fast if not almost instant casting times.

Old 06-03-2008, 02:07 PM   #36
Mr. Dawki

General

-Aonein- wrote:

the fact that a dev has stated it should NOT be critting

the damage inflicted upon yourself does not trigger reactive heals which it should be,

Still not fixed.
Mr. Dawki is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-03-2008, 04:22 PM   #37
Fyreflyte

Black Mage

Locally the item is no longer critting, so if you're still seeing that live, it just means the changes have not made it to live servers yet.
Old 06-03-2008, 07:07 PM   #38
Mr. Dawki

General

What about the reactive heals?

It is damage and acording to the reactive heal its if you take dmg.

And it also makes healing against it almost imposibly hard for a cleric class without actualy targeting the player and spot healing, while any other archtype can just group heal.

Mr. Dawki is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-03-2008, 07:42 PM   #39
Nathdorl

Loremaster

from what act says its not rated as damage but instead a negative heal you do to yourself, so reactives prolly dont trigger. id kinda like them to trigger tho' SMILEY
Nathdorl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-25-2008, 09:02 PM   #40
Zhonata

Loremaster

Ok I though that this things was hitting really hard for magic dmg.... so I looked at my logs why is it doing Focus DMG now......

80 Brigand Lucan DLere

46 Mystic Lucan DLere

37 Ranger Lucan DLere

Zhonata is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-25-2008, 09:06 PM   #41
Fyreflyte

Black Mage

It's actually always been focus damage, we just didn't used to have a special name for unresistable damage, so it would show up as whatever damage type it was set to (in this case magic). I modified the text on the choker to say 'focus' damage now, which will hopefully prevent any confusion.
Old 07-25-2008, 09:14 PM   #42
Zhonata

Loremaster

Thansk for clearing that up SMILEY

80 Brigand Lucan DLere

46 Mystic Lucan DLere

37 Ranger Lucan DLere

Zhonata is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-26-2008, 06:39 AM   #43
Trojenn
Server: Nagafen

Loremaster

I just tested this tonight.. and your right. The Choker still reads Magic Damage and the in game combat chat reads focus damage. Now I have beafed up all types of Arcane resists and it still inflicts the same amount of damage, also the damage didn't ever seem to fluctuate on me. However if you run Arcan Reprieves the ward from the reprieve will absorb the damage ?? How is it you can't mitigate it but you can Arcan Ward it??
Trojenn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-19-2008, 07:22 PM   #44
JenarieII

Loremaster

Fyreflyte wrote:
It's actually always been focus damage, we just didn't used to have a special name for unresistable damage, so it would show up as whatever damage type it was set to (in this case magic). I modified the text on the choker to say 'focus' damage now, which will hopefully prevent any confusion.
I don't think this update made it into game.  Someone just linked it to me last week saying that it was magic damage.  When I told them I thought it was focus , they linked it to me to prove I was wrong.
JenarieII is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-19-2008, 09:39 PM   #45
Szerian
Server: Venekor
Guild: Veritas Aequitas

Loremaster

While we're on the topic...How about making cleric reactives work on someone who has this equipped, same with that silly ring from Shard of Hate that tanks swoon over./de-rail off
Szerian is offline   Reply With Quote