EQ2 Forum Archive @ EQ2Wire

Go Back   EQ2 Forum Archive @ EQ2Wire > EverQuest II > The Development Corner > In Testing Feedback
Members List Search Mark Forums Read

Notices

Old 12-09-2007, 10:55 AM   #61
silentpsycho

Loremaster

Beogon wrote:
Thanks for taking away the one cool part about being a brawler. Account canceled if this goes live.
QFE  * The SECOND this goes live, I am canceling my account.

Bruisers... steadily taking up the rear end since LU24 --- say NO to FD NERF 2007
silentpsycho is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-09-2007, 11:42 AM   #62
Bewts

Loremaster

WE PREFER TO PRESS X!

There is absolutely no positive reason to make this change.

The toggle idea may be great in theory but only creates more issues unless the recast timer starts the moment it is cast.  Do not change this over the failure to design content to keep us FD'ing characters out of places we have absolutely no business getting to alone.  Change that content and leave the skill alone.

Let me repeat myself and what I feel the majority of the FDing community thinks of this idea:

WE PREFER TO PRESS X!

Bewts is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-09-2007, 01:31 PM   #63
ds6

General

I agree, LEAVE IT ALONE.
ds6 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-09-2007, 01:53 PM   #64
Zabjade

Loremaster

I think that is what they want, is the Brawlers to quit the game, that way they can delete the class all together and maybe bring in a new variation of a Guardian or Berserker.I may be blowing smoke on this one, heck I hope I am! but so far dev response makes me think that is what they are doing. I'm not trying to troll, just want some reasons WHY this change and all the other nerfs are in place for monks and I want to debate them with them! They can go on about vision and stuff but when it comes down to character survival we are Gimped to $#!t!
Old 12-09-2007, 03:12 PM   #65
etch666

Loremaster

I can't believe after this many years this is being nerfed.You have the quest widget stuff that stops getting the quest updates deep in dungeons, thats fair enough. But nerfing FD like this is totally [Removed for Content]You take away this class defining ability then the brawler class will become a rare breed indeed, because exploring zones in (relative) safety is one of the main attractions and perks of the brawler class.Without this we are not only a lesser tank, lesser dps we are also a lot more boring to play...FFS leave the brawler class alone, its pretty [Removed for Content] obvious you are neglecting the class this expansion already without this unwarranted attack.
etch666 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-09-2007, 04:07 PM   #66
Timaarit

Loremaster

I already canceled my subscription. I really don't care anymore if this goes live or not, the idea itself was the last straw for me. The devs are liars and mods back them up. They push up a dev at a time to advertise how they will include brawlers in 'the next patch' and with the next patch they just change the scapegoat.At least Fyreflyte doesn't pretend he/she cares like the last liar did./bye
Timaarit is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-09-2007, 05:17 PM   #67
Zarafein

Loremaster

I don't mind the click chance so much, but the recast part is a serious nerf. i even understand it to some degree.. but it's really evil to do it now when the class is in such a horrible state beaten and punched down again and again for years, when was the last time brawlers got something really nice and how many times were they nerfed?

i'am gladthat i realised this route some time ago and made my main bruiser and alt character for fun.

Zarafein is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-09-2007, 05:25 PM   #68
Arathy

General

Pushing this live will be a nice way for me to justify canceling all my accounts.My bruiser is my fav class, and I don't enjoy any other classes.  So then, what's the point in playing if you oh-so-wise Devs keep on nerfing brawlers.   This is a huge nerf.  You're taking our class defining ability that has been FINE for 4 years and gimping it.  We've endured so many beatings from your [Removed for Content] nerf bat that we're a shell of what we once were.   Itemization in this expansion is crap for us, partly due to a certain dev's laziness, and now you grace us with this.I played EQ1 for 5 years and I never had to deal with the amount of crappy nerfs that you all have put out in 4..Just leave our ability alone, please..Or maybe they're nerfing this so they can give it back to us in AA's. /sarcasm
Arathy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-09-2007, 05:50 PM   #69
Exordus

Loremaster

/agree

If this goes live, i think i'm done as well.  I love my monk, but every change they make, every problem that's BROKEN and isn't fixed, every nerf just makes it harder and harder to enjoy playing the class.  I've got 2 accounts that I duel-box.  If they are doing this b/c brawlers get more "blue shiny's" then other classes then I'm absolutely done.  [Removed for Content] cares about blue shiny's?  You want them, get a group of friends and go harvest them.  I mean, no more scouting out new Epic zones, or even old ones (EH hoping not to find the rumbler)...or even heroic zones for that matter.  No more playing the class b/c of their soloability while questing....no more training guild members through a zone so they can reach a raid instance for loot they may need....maybe i'll be ok with this change if they actually fix avoidance, which isn't likely to happen.  /sigh

Old 12-09-2007, 06:44 PM   #70
silentpsycho

Loremaster

You know, the thing that really irritates me is that with ROK, they "fixed" it so that scouts and mages invis and stealth no longer have any cool down timer and can instantly be recast to enable them to do this sort of stuff easier.  And in the very next LU, they "fix" it so brawlers class defininig abilty no longer works.  [[it's bad enough you can't FD off built up aggro- pop back up and get pummeled... but now this!?!]]  If brawlers don't start moving in the other direction with some well deserved fixes (like the STR line/epic weapon issue, among many others), and things keep going towards a watered down, boring game of "everscout", then what is the point of paying for a subscription?

Bruisers... steadily taking up the rear end since LU24 --- say NO to FD NERF 2007
Old 12-09-2007, 07:02 PM   #71
Tethias

Loremaster

This is by far the worst change to a class I've ever seen. By doing this, you effectively remove all utility that this class would have.
Tethias is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-09-2007, 07:31 PM   #72
Britefire

Loremaster

Ruin my first main, the ranger i'm madruin my current main, monk, and you suckSMILEY
Britefire is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-09-2007, 08:01 PM   #73
Splor

General

My vote is definitely against this. Lets just hope that this doesn't go through.
Splor is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-09-2007, 08:04 PM   #74
Snowdonia
Server: Runnyeye
Guild: Majestic

Tester

*bows deeply to Splorch in respect*Thanks for that.
Snowdonia is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-09-2007, 08:32 PM   #75
silentpsycho

Loremaster

[email protected] wrote:
Splorch wrote:
and then dev that thought of it gets fired for stupidity.
Wishing ill will on a persons livelihood is not only bad form but I believe against the forum rules. Don't denigrate this thread by beginning to make comments like this. It's not going to do anything but get it closed and our voices censored.
While I agree with your sentiment, the incompetence is glaring here, so I can't say I completely disagree with Splorch's sentiment.   Thinking that this is going to get reverted if we're nice and polite about it (like the myriad of other threads about brawler issues that are still active and quietly ignored) is pretty stupid.  My prediction is that this will go live no matter what we do.

Old 12-09-2007, 08:59 PM   #76
greenmantle

Loremaster

Geist wrote:

FD is one of the fews things not totally broken or gimped on Brawlers, please don't break the only thing that actually works for us by messing with it needlessly.

One of the best solo clases in the game a great tank (if the person behind the screen knows what they are doing) some problems getting into raids yes but then so does every other tank class.

So why does every minor change to bruisers become a 6 page whine fest of omg look how bad we are how dare they, its gotten pretty old pretty fast you want to try gimped  try a ranger or a bard or perhaps learn your class rather than expecting the dev's to hand you the game on a platter.

greenmantle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-09-2007, 09:09 PM   #77
Splor

General

I'd imagine you dont play a brawler. Would you like another nerf to rangers? how about a nerf to bards? i didnt think you would and neither do i, especially since i play a troub when im bored. So when we get nerfed, you say we're whining. If the developers saidupdate 42- "all arrows will count as level 1, and rangers ill be turned into assassins. you would cry"FD no longer allows us to get around hard places and to quests, and is easily cancelled by lag or error or maybe a nervous twitch, we might as well be berzerkers wearing leather.
Splor is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-09-2007, 09:17 PM   #78
Zabjade

Loremaster

No Berserkers have better avoidance, AA's and mitigation
Old 12-09-2007, 09:35 PM   #79
tt66

Loremaster

greenmantle wrote:

One of the best solo clases in the game a great tank (if the person behind the screen knows what they are doing) some problems getting into raids yes but then so does every other tank class.

So why does every minor change to bruisers become a 6 page whine fest of omg look how bad we are how dare they, its gotten pretty old pretty fast you want to try gimped  try a ranger or a bard or perhaps learn your class rather than expecting the dev's to hand you the game on a platter.

Maybe they only seem "minor" to you because you don't play the class? Just a thought.
tt66 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-09-2007, 09:42 PM   #80
greenmantle

Loremaster

tt66 wrote:
greenmantle wrote:

Maybe they only seem "minor" to you because you don't play the class? Just a thought.
Troll brawler and woodelf monk  but i will admit i am a lousy brawler i tend to end up on th bard because i have friends that are much better brawlers than i am.  Stealth was changed and it was pointed out then than fd now had a significant advantage over scouts the change was going to happen.
greenmantle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-10-2007, 12:04 AM   #81
Lortet

Loremaster

just another NO vote - don't do it!
Lortet is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-10-2007, 01:09 AM   #82
Jakdanielz

Loremaster

5 years of EQ1 and now 4 years of EQ2 I have seen the nerf bat swing in a wide arc many times and always just accepted it with a grain of salt. In 9 years of EQ I have never once questioned why you guys do what you do when you step up to the plate. But THIS is different now I respectfully ask can a DEV please explain to us why you want to nerf FD it has worked just fine for 4 years in eq2 and way longer than that in eq1.

Please at least give us an explanation so that we as a community can at least have a chance to understand and/or dispute the change or even certain aspects of the change for the betterment of all involved.

Jakdanielz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-10-2007, 01:23 AM   #83
cheet

General

I surely hope that the devs take a hard look at what they are about to do and realize that if they want to keep my business then leave the the dang FD alone. Seems to me that SOE does a great job of finding ways to constantly lower its player base, you sure picked another win here SONY.
cheet is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-10-2007, 02:46 AM   #84
Snowdonia
Server: Runnyeye
Guild: Majestic

Tester

I'll refrain from continuing this "off topic" conversation as the offending remark was removed.
Snowdonia is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-10-2007, 03:22 AM   #85
clizzy2000

Loremaster

You got me back two months ago with your winback month, and the LoN card game I kinda got into. With the LoN promo weeks not working right, the user base in LoN sucking for tourney weekends, and now you are effing with my one toon I play? I have canceled my account. I had been gone for over 9 months, and I hope you enjoyed my subscription fees and ROK purchase for the past two months cause I'm done now. I was even going to buy my son an account so we could play together, but obviously you haven't learned anything.

My own stupid fault for even coming back for two months. Enjoy your dwindling subscription base. All you had to do is leave my effing monk alone and I would have been happy. When you solo, the recast is how you get places a lot of the time. I solo 90% of the time cause LFG doesn't work as a monk anyway.

Money talks, crying in the forum does nothing. You can shove your next winback cause I'm done now.

clizzy2000 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-10-2007, 04:24 AM   #86
Novusod

Loremaster

greenmantle wrote:

Rangers aren't [Removed for Content] by any means and neither are Bards for that matter. I have also played a troub for a long time in addition to my bruiser so I know what I am talking about when I say this. The issues with troubs aren't even in the same league as to the state of how broken brawlers are right now. Yeah the troub was a little bit slower leveling through all these RoK quests than the bruiser but bards exist in the game for a reason that brawlers can't touch. Group content goes smoother with them and raids can't happen without them. What the heck is the point of being a brawler? If every single one of them was removed from the game no one who didn't play a brawler would care.
Old 12-10-2007, 06:14 AM   #87
Emo

General

i m curious how group FD or target FD from SK works, will you have to wait for the monk / SK to cancel it or will you be able to hit X and stand up. i d love to see a fall of the phoenix and monk saying bio BBin 10 and everyone having to lie on the ground until monk gets back. this change is horrible and i m not playing a brawler.
Emo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-10-2007, 11:28 AM   #88
Junaru

Loremaster

greenmantle wrote:
tt66 wrote:
greenmantle wrote:

Troll brawler and woodelf monk  but i will admit i am a lousy brawler i tend to end up on th bard because i have friends that are much better brawlers than i am.  Stealth was changed and it was pointed out then than fd now had a significant advantage over scouts the change was going to happen.
Just do us a favor and STF out of the thread. You comment are useless and do nothing for this thread. You don't like 6 page rants then don't read them.I'm sick of being nerfed, I'm sick of being ignored and most of all I'm sick of other classes complaining when we rant about it. For christ sakes the reason you see 6 page Brawler threads each update is because each update we get nerfed for no reason.
Old 12-10-2007, 11:50 AM   #89
Junaru

Loremaster

Ok I have an idea to fix the accidental stand problem. If you make a macro with an insta-cast skill/spell in the 1st line then FD in the second it should keep you from standing since it will queue up the spell/skill and not hit FD (Because you can't cast while FDed). It's pretty sad that we need to come up with ideas like this to counter "fixes" that SOE puts in place.
Old 12-10-2007, 12:12 PM   #90
WackyDakky

Loremaster

Junaru wrote:
Ok I have an idea to fix the accidental stand problem. If you make a macro with an insta-cast skill/spell in the 1st line then FD in the second it should keep you from standing since it will queue up the spell/skill and not hit FD (Because you can't cast while FDed). It's pretty sad that we need to come up with ideas like this to counter "fixes" that SOE puts in place.

That might help some people with the spamming aspect, but it doesn't do jack to fix the real problem of the refresh timers that this creates SMILEY

I just realized how bad this is going to mess me up when FD fails.  In addition to the 10 seconds of beatdown time waiting for the refresh, I also get additional beatdown time while I lay there waiting for the game to stand me back up on a failed FD.

WackyDakky is offline   Reply With Quote