EQ2 Forum Archive @ EQ2Wire

Go Back   EQ2 Forum Archive @ EQ2Wire > EverQuest II > Class Discussion > Fighter's Arena > Monk
Members List Search Mark Forums Read

Notices

Old 01-11-2005, 06:38 PM   #1
Bani

I realize many people probably want to know how to get the ring. Here is how...... (not really hard, but for the inquiring minds)..--

Head to Antonica.

Head to Oracle Tower.

Behind oracle tower near the hill that overlooks the ocean, you will find merchants and some npc's overlooking ocean at the tip of the hill.

Talk to both merchants.

Buy yourself a key and examine it.

Buy yourself the goblin book if you want to complete it.. and examine it.

Hail the 2 regular npc's near merchants and get their quests.

One of them will give you the quest to kill the "boss" of the zone. (This is the one you want)

Jump off hill into water.

You will find goblins on small island.. On that island is sewer grate into the new zone (which is poorly done.. btw.. kinda just tossed together.. not impressed).

Once in, soon you will find 4 sections of "Limestone Watchers". They will be whited out.. meaning non attackable.

In the rooms, are 4 skeletons near in coffin like sections.

Click on all 4...

Kill all 4 that spawn once clicked upon..

The Limestone Watcher will become attackable.

Kill all 4 Limestone Watchers in all 4 sections to "awaken" Vindialmii the Ancient.

Make your way to the boss.. which is at the end of the zone.. Small zone.. Easy to find.

(My advice is to clear 3 / 4 watchers first, if goblins are green or higher... Because the boss is in a room FULL of goblins.. So you dont want him awakend, quite yet if they con green or higher... So clear all goblins in room first.. Then go finish the last watcher.)

The boss is lvl 33 groupx2 monster... Doable with a solid group. He "force" pushes you across the room, you literally "fly" from one wall to the other.. You get stunned alot.. And get hit for high damage.. He also turns you into zombie and you unable to do anything for short period of time.

Kill the boss.

Head out to zone and turn in for your reward... There are 4 rings to choose from.. You pick your stat you want.. all same effect (haste). The Main stat you choose (wis,int,sta or agi I believe) is 9.. which is nice.. along with haste effect... The haste is minimal.. somewhat noticeable.. Still a nice item.

I hope this helps and enjoy the new rings, they are cool items. SMILEY

BanixX Chilled
37 Monk
Unrest

Bani is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-11-2005, 07:08 PM   #2
StixxliteAZ

Loremaster

So.... What Level do you have to be to get quest?  I'm level 21 Monk.  I just found those merchants last night. 
I didn't try to buy anything, soI didn't see a key for sale.

StixxliteAZ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-11-2005, 07:12 PM   #3
WackyDakky

Loremaster

Wow, thanks for the walkthrough SMILEY  I'm ganna try to find some people to do this tonight.
WackyDakky is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-11-2005, 09:22 PM   #4
Cora

Cora is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-11-2005, 09:24 PM   #5
GangsterFi

I'm gonna solo this tonight.You mean jump off the cliff where the merchants are in anotinca at the oracle tower?there are goblins on an island there?
GangsterFi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-11-2005, 09:35 PM   #6
Nuvi

i thought u needed a grp for the new zones,so i doubt u can solo this tonight but,.....

Nuvi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-11-2005, 09:37 PM   #7
GangsterFi

Is it a 3 man instance? Thats lame my 47 monk could totally solo this whole quest.
Old 01-11-2005, 11:24 PM   #8
WackyDakky

Loremaster

Are the rings notrade/lore?  EQ2Players doesn't list those flags.  If they're not, I'm ganna molest a guildie for their ring to have 2 :smileytongue:
Old 01-12-2005, 02:33 AM   #9
Gamepsychot

what lvl is the entire zone?
Gamepsychot is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-12-2005, 03:12 AM   #10
Gaige

Loremaster

Can I do this at lvl 49?
Old 01-12-2005, 06:48 AM   #11
Taeda

is it possiable to group with two lowbie and run in there and do the quest solo?
Taeda is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-12-2005, 07:57 AM   #12
Gamepsychot

okay, this is your typical 3-6 people dungeon.  the gobby's in there are around 27.  timer for another re-entry is 8 hours.  stupid leaving to get another person! *grumbles*
Old 01-12-2005, 08:38 AM   #13
Taeda

bah forget this quest, im 42 and the boss was able to hit me, wtih my dfensive attacks on even lvl 36 mobs arnt able to touch me, he hit me maybe ones every 30 seconds, for 1700, i was able to use my mend after the first hit, second hit downed me to almost dead, then he nuked me for 400. solo my dps is to lil the battle would have taken forever anyway.
Taeda is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-12-2005, 10:27 AM   #14
Gaige

Loremaster

Finished it tonight.  Sold the ring for a plat and gave the earring to my friend.  Cool zone, wish it was live when I was in my late 20s to mid 30s.

Message Edited by Gage-Mikel on 01-12-2005 04:08 AM

Old 01-12-2005, 07:22 PM   #15
Grabaan

Loremaster

Went there last night, and ended up escaping because people weren't expecting to have to think when trying to defeat the boss (though I knew he'd gravflux and act generally annoying).Gonna go back and kill him tonight since everyone is now mentally prepared to pay attention and use some tactics. What are the skill requirements of the ring? I won't be wearing it once I get the FBSS here soon, but it'd be nice to have something until then.
Grabaan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-12-2005, 11:05 PM   #16
WackyDakky

Loremaster

Thats a pathetic zone.

I can't believe they would design that zone for 25-30 and then put a 32+++ groupx2 mob at the end.  I took a mid-high 30s group in last night and we didn't have the damage to take out the boss.  Ganna need to take a real tank next time (apparently I'm a crap-tastic tank even with 185 agi) and some more damage.  I couldn't use Winter Talon or Darting Sparrow (a lot of damage lost there), and being that I was tanking, half the time I was a zombie and unable to do anything.  We did about 40,000 damage out of his 80k HP before we had to evac.  Man, I don't know how a single normal group could take him out.
Old 01-12-2005, 11:15 PM   #17
GangsterFi

I did it last night as well. I got the ring, and the ear ring. The zone I thought was kind of cool and the quest is kinda cool too.I am pretty sure that the haste on the ring does not stack with fbss. If you inspect the ring, it says it makes you attack faster, and if you inspeact the fbss it says it makes you attack WAY faster.A solid group of level 30's could do the whole zone. You would need a good group tho.Also, if you finish the quest the timer reset on it, is 3 days not 8 hours. Its only 8 hours if you don't complete.
Old 01-12-2005, 11:39 PM   #18
Gaige

Loremaster

I asked a GM and he said that there is a haste cap dependent upon variety:

So haste from items has a cap, haste from buffs has a cap.

I think the ring has a 3% haste on it, and the FBSS doesn't max me, but FBSS and spells do so I'd almost guess it stacks.

Oh yeah and I'm pretty sure the lvl range is 33 to 39 or something like that, I'm positive it maxes at 39.
Old 01-12-2005, 11:59 PM   #19
Karmaj

General

Gage-Mikel wrote:

I think the ring has a 3% haste on it, and the FBSS doesn't max me, but FBSS and spells do so I'd almost guess it stacks.

Oh yeah and I'm pretty sure the lvl range is 33 to 39 or something like that, I'm positive it maxes at 39.

The only problem is the zone is supposed to be for 25-30! Very challenging bu tthe boss is impossible at that lvl range.

The Old Guard
Karmaj is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-13-2005, 12:08 AM   #20
Gaige

Loremaster

Karmajay wrote:

Gage-Mikel wrote:

The only problem is the zone is supposed to be for 25-30! Very challenging bu tthe boss is impossible at that lvl range.

Not impossible, just very tough.  I've seen a couple high 30s on other servers with the ring.
Old 01-13-2005, 01:06 AM   #21
Grabaan

Loremaster

Yeah we were a group of 37ish folks, and had we been organized with the tactics, instead of just awakening him, buffing, and then attacking, we'd have bested him. I'm confident he won't be much trouble now that everyone knows what to expect, but trying to fight him without a plan is something I don't recommend SMILEY
Old 01-13-2005, 01:57 AM   #22
WackyDakky

Loremaster

Gage-Mikel wrote:

Karmajay wrote:

Gage-Mikel wrote:

Not impossible, just very tough.  I've seen a couple high 30s on other servers with the ring.

A couple of high 30s isn't the point.  The point is the zone was made for 25-30, not 35+.  Just because the end NPC is fine for a solid group of UPPER 30s doesn't mean that's how it should be.  There's no possible way that a high 20s group can kill this NPC, it's just not possible I don't care how good your tactics are.  When the boss is hitting the 37 guardian for 800-1700 on normal hits (and the tank avoids a lot of it), then there's no way an even con tank (or lower for that matter) can take it out.

Yes, it looks like a nice zone, but that mob doesn't deserve to be there.
Old 01-13-2005, 02:28 AM   #23
Karmaj

General

WackyDakky wrote:

Gage-Mikel wrote:

Karmajay wrote:

Gage-Mikel wrote:

A couple of high 30s isn't the point.  The point is the zone was made for 25-30, not 35+.  Just because the end NPC is fine for a solid group of UPPER 30s doesn't mean that's how it should be.  There's no possible way that a high 20s group can kill this NPC, it's just not possible I don't care how good your tactics are.  When the boss is hitting the 37 guardian for 800-1700 on normal hits (and the tank avoids a lot of it), then there's no way an even con tank (or lower for that matter) can take it out.
Yes, it looks like a nice zone, but that mob doesn't deserve to be there.

Right this is what I meant. It can be done by high 30's but the zone is advertised as 25 to 30 (not 30's).

For those that went in at high 30's were the rest of the mobs grey? Why then if it should include high 30s should the boss be challenging and the rest be grey?

The Old Guard
Old 01-13-2005, 09:15 AM   #24
Grabaan

Loremaster

Every mob in that zone was grey to me at 37, even the boss. I agree that it needs some work, but we did kill him the second time.
Old 01-13-2005, 03:56 PM   #25
Nemi

Loremaster

Um...aren't you missing something?

The mob is advertised as Lvl32++ x2 MoB. That means a raid, of 2 groups to kill him. So I imagine it would be doable, difficult yes, but doable by 2 full groups of Level 30's.

Nemi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-13-2005, 07:24 PM   #26
Karmaj

General

Nemi wrote:
Um...aren't you missing something?

The mob is advertised as Lvl32++ x2 MoB. That means a raid, of 2 groups to kill him. So I imagine it would be doable, difficult yes, but doable by 2 full groups of Level 30's.

The problem is only 3 to 6 people can enter the dungeon. :smileywink:

The Old Guard
Old 01-13-2005, 08:23 PM   #27
Gor

Grabaan, if you end up beating this mob, will you share your tactics?  I'm in the same boat as you - we went in expecting a normal, easy fight, and we got schooled.  Our group was 32-36 with a 33 guardian tanking and very good DPS.  He did not have enough time to gain complete control before he was zombified.  At that point, the boss proceeded to destroy the rest of us, starting with the healer.  He was not in the mood to give up his ring, and I can't imagine how to win this fight when he incapacitates the tank and then jumps to the healer (other than being much higher level).  Can the zombification be resisted?

To state the obvious answer for those who are upset about the level of this boss: SOE made another nice hunting area for a 20's group, but threw in a bone for the higher levels.  Is it wrong that they do both?  It's not like the boss is agro before you trigger him - they did this on purpose so that he's completely harmless to an xp group.  IMO, this is the way to build new content, a little something for more than just one group.  Why does a big bad boss of an area have to be as harmless as his underlings?  If you feel slighted by this "out of place" boss, you will do well to shrug off your current mentality and see the bigger picture - go enjoy the XP there in your 20s and then revisit the boss in your -high- 30s for a finishing challenge.
Gor is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-13-2005, 09:49 PM   #28
Grabaan

Loremaster

Well I don't know how applicable my advice will be, since some of the ideas we used revolved around spells that people 5 levels below might not have.But in general, the key seemed to be attaining the highest levels of resists possible (through group selection, i.e. bards, enchanters etc. People with nice buffs for resists) We managed the entire fight without being zombified, whether this was luck or resist based or both, I don't know. But as with most mobs who gravflux, ensure that the main assist stays in a corner so when he gets grav fluxed he will fall right back down because of being in the corner already. Just some ideas that worked for us, but I don't know if we just lucked out or whether our maximizing resists is what actually prevented us from being zombied.
Old 01-14-2005, 10:56 AM   #29
Gamepsychot

Is it normal to have no dmg being displayed? at all?
Old 01-15-2005, 02:47 AM   #30
SNeko

Loremaster

"Changed the level of some boss encounters to better match the zone they inhabit. Rewards should also be more appropriate for the level of the encounter."

That was in the update notes for today, perhaps this boss was made slightly easier?  I'm only leve 23 at the moment or I'd check it out myself...SMILEY