EQ2 Forum Archive @ EQ2Wire

Go Back   EQ2 Forum Archive @ EQ2Wire > EverQuest II > Class Discussion > Fighter's Arena > Monk
Members List Search Mark Forums Read

Notices

Old 01-11-2005, 12:52 AM   #1
kerra

Loremaster

Hello Brothers and Sister Monks,

I kicked so much booty this weeked it was a blast. Lvl 30 monk tanking 38 mobs (with a group not solo)....We give new meaning to the term "putting foot to azz". :smileyvery-happy:

this is me

Message Edited by kerra on 01-10-2005 03:05 PM

kerra is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-11-2005, 02:35 AM   #2
Ala

Well not sure I shoudl share this, but we are all family right?  Inspired by Gage's screen shots soloing a green ^ ^ I wanted to make a movie of it with some music...

I was up early this morning and was having a hard time finding green ^ ^ since I just leveled and colors have changed SMILEY

In any case, I kicked some butt with green ^ (x2) with no damage.  Then I headed over to a giant Green ^ ^ and was turned into Monk Paste.  So, since not all Green ^ ^  are equal I thought I would try a Steelhoof Mystic and was blasted out of my Monk armor.

Hmmm... I wonder if I should put those videos together?  They are funny but you can solo green ^ ^.  just not all of them SMILEY

Old 01-11-2005, 02:53 AM   #3
Hu

Am i the only one thinking i am just tanking as good as i did before ?Yeah, i mean "good", i am confident with my monk. Never thought "i am too weak" and never thought "wow, i am so upgraded since patch".Hmmm..

Message Edited by Huca on 01-10-2005 01:55 PM

Hu is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-11-2005, 03:00 AM   #4
Wintermoo

Huca wrote:
Am i the only one thinking i am just tanking as good as i did before ?
Yeah, i mean "good", i am confident with my monk. Never thought "i am too weak" and never thought "wow, i am so upgraded since patch".
Hmmm..

Message Edited by Huca on 01-10-2005 01:55 PM

I think that tends to be the general concensus...we are just about the same as we were before.  I was happy before, so I guess it's all good.
Old 01-11-2005, 03:11 AM   #5
kerra

Loremaster

I never said I am dif from the patch I am the same and tanking the same, I was merely stating that I had a great weekend of adventuring and wanted to share it with everyone. The truth is that any class can do what I have done with the proper group of players but the fact is, that I am a monk and this is the reason I posted here. We all get excited about our class from time to time and I wanted to give everyone a venue in which to share that w/o sounding as they were bragging.

Old 01-11-2005, 03:44 AM   #6
Cora

I got descriminated against because my name doesn't start with a G..
Cora is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-11-2005, 03:54 AM   #7
Ala

Coraz2 wrote:
I got descriminated against because my name doesn't start with a G..

Coraz you know we love ya.. even if your name starts with a "C".
Old 01-11-2005, 04:05 AM   #8
kerra

Loremaster

Better Coraz?
Old 01-11-2005, 05:45 AM   #9
Gaige

Loremaster

Ha Ha, I should make a video of our raid tomorrow night in Lava Storm, I have fraps ;o

But no pics from me today, my one star stalker went to town in my other thread.

Ha Ha, reminds me of the SWG forums ;p
Old 01-11-2005, 06:38 AM   #10
Larath

Larath is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-11-2005, 07:41 AM   #11
Wintermoo

Gage-Mikel wrote:
Ha Ha, I should make a video of our raid tomorrow night in Lava Storm, I have fraps ;o

Yah, I've noticed the only dings I get on my stars are in threads where I back you up Gage...whatever.  Somebody takes getting pwn3d on the boards waaaaay too seriously.  :smileyindifferent:
Old 01-11-2005, 09:13 AM   #12
Gaige

Loremaster

Wintermoonx wrote:

Gage-Mikel wrote:

Yah, I've noticed the only dings I get on my stars are in threads where I back you up Gage...whatever.  Somebody takes getting pwn3d on the boards waaaaay too seriously.  :smileyindifferent:

Oh well, on the SWG boards my one star stalker took all his alt accounts and made forum handles so he could 1 star each of my posts like 5 times.  I lost my pilot ranking because of it SMILEY
Old 01-11-2005, 12:20 PM   #13
Bani

Me.... --

Bani is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-11-2005, 05:54 PM   #14
Jareth_Wo

Hi there!

Heres my lvl 24 Monk with his friend the zombie.

Jareth_Wo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-11-2005, 08:01 PM   #15
Wolvorine

Loremaster

Heres a pic of my char hes lvl 39 atm

80 Assassin - 80 Fury

Wolvorine is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-11-2005, 08:02 PM   #16
Wolvorine

Loremaster

doh wron button

80 Assassin - 80 Fury

Wolvorine is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-11-2005, 09:20 PM   #17
Cora

Cora is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-11-2005, 10:32 PM   #18
Ai

General

I love my monk too! I played a 60 monk in EQ1 and a TK Master in SWG as well. Here's my  monk Taka. I'm open to any suggestions for armor, weps, etc..

Message Edited by Aija on 02-07-2005 07:06 PM

Ai is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-11-2005, 11:24 PM   #19
GangsterFi

I don't have any screen shots of my monk on my work comp, and i am always playing on my comp at home SMILEYGuess, I'll have to show off another time. BTW Gage i got some nice level 50 arms off a named in sol eye last night. The Castigator dropped them. He is kinda deep in down past first elevator. Also, I finished the access quest in Sol eye last night. Just need to get past the 50 +++ giant now to get to the access zone.The light armor was called like, Sol Ro armband or something to that effect.
GangsterFi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-12-2005, 03:02 AM   #20
Gaige

Loremaster

GangsterFist wrote:
I don't have any screen shots of my monk on my work comp, and i am always playing on my comp at home SMILEY

Guess, I'll have to show off another time. BTW Gage i got some nice level 50 arms off a named in sol eye last night. The Castigator dropped them. He is kinda deep in down past first elevator. Also, I finished the access quest in Sol eye last night. Just need to get past the 50 +++ giant now to get to the access zone.

The light armor was called like, Sol Ro armband or something to that effect.

Sweet, that's the one in the cave with the cages right?  We've got some heavy and very light stuff off the named giants down there so far.  Are you talking about the Forge Trials?  Yeah we finished those up we are working on something else at the moment.

Thanks for the tip on the armbands, I'll look into it.

Old 01-12-2005, 03:29 AM   #21
GangsterFi

No its the efreeti access thingy. No one on my server has actually gone into tha access zone. I already got into the forge, but i didn't need access for that zone. that zone is for some kind of heritage quest or something because you can actually use the forge in that zone. I am not sure exactly what you can do, but when I inspect the forge it says, skill level 20 and Tier 7, coal.So I am assuming you must have a Tier 7 componet, coal and be a level 20 artistan. However, there are no T7 harvestables in the game? So maybe they are perhaps implementing that later on. Anyways I got 3 monk adepts in sol eye last night SMILEYYeah, the castigator guy spawns in that room with the cages. You need to kill him for the access quest too. I think if you are on the part to kill him for quest you make him spawn more often.the access quest is from a clicky book down near the +++ raid giant.

Message Edited by GangsterFist on 01-11-2005 02:31 PM

Old 01-12-2005, 09:07 PM   #22
Kwonryu_DragonFi

GangsterFist wrote:I don't have any screen shots of my monk on my work comp, and i am always playing on my comp at home SMILEYGuess, I'll have to show off another time. BTW Gage i got some nice level 50 arms off a named in sol eye last night. The Castigator dropped them. He is kinda deep in down past first elevator. Also, I finished the access quest in Sol eye last night. Just need to get past the 50 +++ giant now to get to the access zone.The light armor was called like, Sol Ro armband or something to that effect.
Very nice!What graphics are used for the arms? Bare arms or with an armband around?
Kwonryu_DragonFi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-12-2005, 09:44 PM   #23
Zadkiel3

General

No its the efreeti access thingy. No one on my server has actually gone into tha access zone. I already got into the forge, but i didn't need access for that zone. that zone is for some kind of heritage quest or something because you can actually use the forge in that zone. I am not sure exactly what you can do, but when I inspect the forge it says, skill level 20 and Tier 7, coal.

So I am assuming you must have a Tier 7 componet, coal and be a level 20 artistan. However, there are no T7 harvestables in the game? So maybe they are perhaps implementing that later on. Anyways I got 3 monk adepts in sol eye last night

That's standard for whenever you examine any tradeskill table. The fuel component for all forge recipies is coal (6cp each), and each tradeskill table lists fuel type, tier and skill level required.

The Tier flag is the 'maximum' tier you can use, T7 is the flag for 'can use anything' and the tradeskill tables in societies are marked the same way. Tables that you can use in your home can have lower tier caps.

Not sure about the skill level thing though. I don't recall seeing that on a tradeskill table before.

Zadkiel.
Zadkiel3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-12-2005, 09:47 PM   #24
innovat

General

Erm, Hi ,  Lukhup Kuin here, monk in the mid 20s here enjoying the game and lovin the whole monk thang.

Lukhup means 6 Ways, Lukhup Kuin means Fist of 6 Co-Ordinations.  (RL Martial Arts instructor some evenings, the name is
taken from a Lau Gar Kung Fu set.)
RunnyEye Server
innovat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-13-2005, 12:26 AM   #25
GangsterFi

innovatao wrote:
Erm, Hi , Lukhup Kuin here, monk in the mid 20s here enjoying the game and lovin the whole monk thang.
Lukhup means 6 Ways, Lukhup Kuin means Fist of 6 Co-Ordinations. (RL Martial Arts instructor some evenings, the name is
taken from a Lau Gar Kung Fu set.)

Awesome, I practice Wing Chun Kuen, and Yang Tai chi chuan as well in real life. I originally was gonna have a female monk named Yim Wing Chun, but with no spaces in my name and well, with minimum 4 characters, I went with Wong Feihung instead. I want spaces in my name SOE!!!!!!I am not too familiar with Lau Gar tho, I am with Hung Gar a bit.
Old 01-13-2005, 01:57 AM   #26
virgofool

Loremaster

*cry* I don't have the upgraded account, so I can't really show myself off, but I just hit Monk status yesterday! wooooot!! I created the character just to mess around, but am having a blast beating down mobs left and right. My favorite pastime is rushing into the middle of a bunch of aggro and fighting mobs 10 at a time. I do not think it is possible to be more bada**...if someone knows, please tell me. I'll send a screenshot when I take a good one. At this point I'm using twin "Bone Crafted batons" and am decked out with a random assortment of armor including a "tempest hide tunic", "Gawar's Boots", and some bits of kodiak. (It's nice to have an alt that's a wealthy crafter SMILEY) Most of my skills are Adept 1, though it's only a matter of time until I fill in the blanks..still need Rapid Swings.I cannot wait to get home again so I can start working on my "AQ" series. My Fury, Dirge, and Assassin have been gathering dust since I started this character. hehe--------------------Gangrel Wildwolf - Lvl 20 MonkEverfrost
virgofool is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-13-2005, 07:24 AM   #27
Renal

General

Renal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-13-2005, 09:17 PM   #28
innovat

General

Will get there eventually SMILEY

Meanwhile - http://www.stafford-lau-gar.co.uk/ is my clubs site.
Anyone else prefer to use a 2hb rather than duel wielding? Or is it wise to use both?
RunnyEye Server
innovat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-14-2005, 12:44 AM   #29
Kharza Xorlarr

Hey Ren how did you get your health bar to display the actual numbers and percentages?Thanks,Khar
Kharza Xorlarr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-14-2005, 11:47 AM   #30
Kaitar

Loremaster

Izavahss, level 21 Iksar monk, my main and fav toon

Kaitar is offline   Reply With Quote