EQ2 Forum Archive @ EQ2Wire

Go Back   EQ2 Forum Archive @ EQ2Wire > EverQuest II > Class Discussion > Fighter's Arena > Monk
Members List Search Mark Forums Read

Notices

Old 01-07-2005, 11:09 PM   #1
ColdRingo6

Loremaster

Not that I can tell, though I'm not much higher than you and will defer to higher level monks in that regard.

One thing I've never understood is why people get upset that they can't solo group ^^ mobs at some point.  I play regularly with a zerker who says the same thing.  I'm not taking the party line here (honest), but group mobs are just that, group mobs.  At 25, if you go find an even con solo mob, and use your HO's and specials, you'll have no problem killing one. 

The experience is very slow, admittedly, to killing group ^ or group ^^ mobs, but it just seems to me that these encounters were designed for groups and should be treated that way.  I suspect that's not a very popular opinion, so let me apologize for it in advance.  SMILEY

Having said that, I know my groups love me for the added DPS I bring, and I've saved us from a complete wipe and shard run more than once because I can FD (now Play Dead!) with a rez crsytal or feather and get us back up.

Feltun, Swamp Monk of Innothule
ColdRingo6 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-08-2005, 02:24 AM   #2
Ala

ColdRingo6 wrote:
Not that I can tell, though I'm not much higher than you and will defer to higher level monks in that regard.

One thing I've never understood is why people get upset that they can't solo group ^^ mobs at some point.  I play regularly with a zerker who says the same thing.  I'm not taking the party line here (honest), but group mobs are just that, group mobs.  At 25, if you go find an even con solo mob, and use your HO's and specials, you'll have no problem killing one. 

The experience is very slow, admittedly, to killing group ^ or group ^^ mobs, but it just seems to me that these encounters were designed for groups and should be treated that way.  I suspect that's not a very popular opinion, so let me apologize for it in advance.  SMILEY

Having said that, I know my groups love me for the added DPS I bring, and I've saved us from a complete wipe and shard run more than once because I can FD (now Play Dead!) with a rez crsytal or feather and get us back up.

Feltun, Swamp Monk of Innothule

(I think you meant this to be in another thread)

I was browsing through the forums of other classes and ALL have posts claiming their class is broke, useless or otherwise undesired.  I think for many players there is a desire to have the Uber class that simply doesn't exist.  In any case, I would imagine that many players have different expectations derived from experiences from other games (including non-MMO/ first-person shooter where you are a God) and may not grasp the concept of an MMO where each class has strengths and weakneses. 

Just a thought...

Old 01-08-2005, 02:29 AM   #3
Cora

I soloed 20% of 32 killing white/yellow solo mobs in enchanted lands in about 3 hours....
Cora is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-09-2005, 12:10 AM   #4
Rukar

Yeah, people are saying they can't solo the ^^ mobs as easily or at all after patch (well, patchES I guess since a previous patch upped the damage the group mobs do). This is understandable though. The whole point of the group mobs is for a group to battle them, not for them to be easily soloable. The only groups that can usually be soloed easily (or more easily anyway) are the green ones, but even some of them are tougher now too. The voices will die down eventually though. That's how it goes - people get used to something, then that gets fixed but the fix seems like a nerf because it corrects the difficulty so people complain about it. Sorry, but I don't think people should be able to solo blue ^^ group mobs easily. That's just not what they're meant for. Now that's not to say that there haven't been some nerfs or broken things after this patch, but this just isn't one of them.
Rukar is offline   Reply With Quote