EQ2 Forum Archive @ EQ2Wire

Go Back   EQ2 Forum Archive @ EQ2Wire > EverQuest II > General EverQuest II Discussion > General Gameplay Discussion
Members List Search Mark Forums Read

Notices

Old 10-09-2012, 04:52 PM   #1
ArtemisClyde

Loremaster

i'm not sure if anyone noticed or reported this yet but it used to be you hire an evil merc u can rehire em in Qeynos. the inquiz would be upstairs, vittia and the necro would be on the 3rd floor, etc.  This is no more, and strictly the good aligned mercs appear in qeynos. any of them hired in td, neriak, or freeport no longer show up in qeynos. this was a nice feature and should be brought back. it seems to have glitched since the qeynos revamp.

Freeport still allows the reverse; hiring good mercs from freeport. i know because i was in freeport to hire the inq etc, actually i hired all 6 then went back to QH and none were there. please fix this, it was much more convenient when this used to work! thanks! SMILEY

ArtemisClyde is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-09-2012, 05:38 PM   #2
Zygar

Loremaster

They're still there, on both sides. Just have to use a door to enter a mini-instance in the inn and all previous other faction mercs that you've gotten are waiting for you. In the Qeynos inn, make a left as you enter, then there are stairs down leading to the door.

92 Provisioner
Befallen (Oasis) Server

Zygar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-09-2012, 08:07 PM   #3
LordPazuzu

Loremaster

I always though they should have put opposing faction mercs in the hidden black market/smuggler areas by default, though different names and appearances than the ones in the proper cities.  Under the harbor in Qeynos and under the harbor torch in Freeport I think.  No having to sneak into the opposing city first.  Much cooler from an RP standpoint at least.

LordPazuzu is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-10-2012, 10:36 PM   #4
ArtemisClyde

Loremaster

Zygar wrote:

They're still there, on both sides. Just have to use a door to enter a mini-instance in the inn and all previous other faction mercs that you've gotten are waiting for you. In the Qeynos inn, make a left as you enter, then there are stairs down leading to the door.

ah ur absolutely right. my bad. tyvm. i guess having them on the right side for so long i didnt bother to ask/look around for where they moved em. thanks again. SMILEY

Old 10-11-2012, 12:56 AM   #5
zehly

Loremaster

You Q's shouldn't be allowed to hire our beloved mercs. They're too evil. What would your Queen think if she knew you were running around as a Mystic with a Shadowknight at your side? Hmm?

Savior Niekko, 92/320 Templar

Sir Trixle, ??/??? Brigand
zehly is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-11-2012, 02:05 AM   #6
ArtemisClyde

Loremaster

zehly wrote:

You Q's shouldn't be allowed to hire our beloved mercs. They're too evil. What would your Queen think if she knew you were running around as a Mystic with a Shadowknight at your side? Hmm?

that we're converting them to jedi's? i mean erm...Q's?  "you don't want to sell me death sticks. you want to go home and rethink your life." *waves hand*

Old 10-11-2012, 06:41 AM   #7
Rainmare
Server: Oasis
Guild: Pillage

Loremaster

which is also why none of the 'archtypes' outperform it's counterpart in any noticable way. I've used sk and pally merc. and I can't tell the difference between them. I mean yeah I might kill a little faster when the sk merc deathmarches. but it's not a dealbreaker either way.

same went with the healers. I didn't notice any real difference between the templar and the inquistor as far as healing/curing. though like the sk above...do you prefer sanctuary, or verdict?

I like the idea of sneaking into the other city first. from an RP standpoint, it's the evil mercs know they are wanted in Qeynos. also, they know the qeynos guard is aware of the black market. (in fact in the knew questline, they send you directly to it to try and disrupt it, though they know it's only temporary) you go and hire them, showing them there's money that might be worth the risk...so they hang out in a less well known about back room to offer services to those with the coin.

in the reverse..well...lucan makes no effort to hide his persocution of paladins at the very least. those goodies you snuck in to hire see that some people that still have hope left, and risk coming to freeport to offer thier services, and hopefully convince thier employer there's a better life in Qeynos. but they have to hide because as Lucan loves to talk about, disloyalty to his word and his law is a treasonous crime punishable by death.

Rainmare is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-11-2012, 07:44 AM   #8
Wirewhisker
Server: Antonia Bayle
Guild: Collateral Damage

Loremaster

[email protected] wrote:

which is also why none of the 'archtypes' outperform it's counterpart in any noticable way. I've used sk and pally merc. and I can't tell the difference between them. I mean yeah I might kill a little faster when the sk merc deathmarches. but it's not a dealbreaker either way.

same went with the healers. I didn't notice any real difference between the templar and the inquistor as far as healing/curing. though like the sk above...do you prefer sanctuary, or verdict?

I like the idea of sneaking into the other city first. from an RP standpoint, it's the evil mercs know they are wanted in Qeynos. also, they know the qeynos guard is aware of the black market. (in fact in the knew questline, they send you directly to it to try and disrupt it, though they know it's only temporary) you go and hire them, showing them there's money that might be worth the risk...so they hang out in a less well known about back room to offer services to those with the coin.

in the reverse..well...lucan makes no effort to hide his persocution of paladins at the very least. those goodies you snuck in to hire see that some people that still have hope left, and risk coming to freeport to offer thier services, and hopefully convince thier employer there's a better life in Qeynos. but they have to hide because as Lucan loves to talk about, disloyalty to his word and his law is a treasonous crime punishable by death.

Perhaps a secret refuge in each city's underworld (Down Below, Thieves' Way) where a refugees' tavern housed the various mercs who don't belong to that alignment.

Wirewhisker is offline   Reply With Quote