EQ2 Forum Archive @ EQ2Wire

Go Back   EQ2 Forum Archive @ EQ2Wire > EverQuest II > Class Discussion > Fighter's Arena > Monk
Members List Search Mark Forums Read

Notices

Old 01-07-2005, 04:57 AM   #31
Cora

Cool I've got Gage's 1* monkeys on me :
Cora is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-07-2005, 05:48 AM   #32
healimonst

kerra wrote:
Healiminster, what do clay crawlers con to you at level 30 and how the heck did it kill you? Dont those things come in groups of 2? We are about the same lvl dude all you need to do is upgrade your suff either twards agi or str or both its up to you. :smileywink:

Those buggers still con blue to me. The story behind that death was a tragic one. I forget why but I was solo in the golem central deep in varsoon. I got aggroed and FDed which didn't work, so I ran for the door, picking up adds all along the way, I nearly made it but one lucky clay crawler reached out an bit my [expletive ninja'd by Faarbot] with a fatal blow. It was hard to believe.

Old 01-07-2005, 05:50 AM   #33
Cora

Turned off rating system :smileyhappy:
Cora is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-07-2005, 06:01 AM   #34
Gaige

Loremaster

Coraz2 wrote:
Turned off rating system :smileyhappy:

I went from a 5.0 rating on the beta boards to a 3.0 here.  h8!
Old 01-07-2005, 06:06 AM   #35
healimonst

Sorry to hi-jack the thread but it seems that everyone has new signatures from the same place. How do I sign up?
Old 01-07-2005, 06:08 AM   #36
kerra

Loremaster

I hear ya Healimonster! It happens to all of us, my point was not the death but the equipment you need to keep it fresh and up to date. I keep everything (orange) well besides weapons I tend to keep them longer (white) because IMO I believe (flame on* I can see the flame comming) that you actually hit better with an even level weapon than you would with orange because you have yet to realize the power of that item.

kerra is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-07-2005, 06:13 AM   #37
Gaige

Loremaster

kerra wrote:

I hear ya Healimonster! It happens to all of us, my point was not the death but the equipment you need to keep it fresh and up to date. I keep everything (orange) well besides weapons I tend to keep them longer (white) because IMO I believe (flame on* I can see the flame comming) that you actually hit better with an even level weapon than you would with orange because you have yet to realize the power of that item.

White is better.

As for the sig:

http://eqiiforums.station.sony.com/eq2/board/message?board.id=Around&message.id=330

Old 01-07-2005, 07:52 PM   #38
Xanrn

Loremaster

Went up yo 101 Agi with traits fix, now 103 due to a belt with 2 more agi.

Bards have been seriously upped.

Was grouped with one last night I was tanking and highest in group and we were kiling 39s easy as hell.

EVERYONE had close to or more than 200 Agi, I was running at 217.

Str was 200 and Sta.

It was brilliant we were all Supermen.

Lost aggro cause I was experimenting and the healer got aggro and lost half a bubble of life in the 30 seconds it took to finish the mob off.Inquistor lvl 30 against 39 Hulk.
Old 01-07-2005, 08:12 PM   #39
Azulog

I'm going a slightly different route -  more hit points (health) - with the goal of surviving longer in combat than would usually be the case for a monk.

I'm an ogress - so agility low, strength and stamina high.  As part of my character traits I'm did/am going to get the agility increases at level 8 and 28.

But for my racial traditions (I'm an ogre) I'm did/am going to pick up the 3% health increase at levels 18/26/34/44 and the character traits of 2.5% health increase at levels 22/36(?). 

By level 44 this means I will have 17% more health than a monk with "normal" health.  I'm hoping that will make a difference in combat (at the very least giving the cleric more time to heal me).  To take an example - if by some miracle I actually had all of Gage's armor at level 49 my health would be 3622 *1.17 or 4237.   So an additional 616 health from racial traditions and character traits. 

Otherwise I still have to ponder whether I want to go the agility route or the AC route with regards to my armor. 

Message Edited by Azulogro on 01-07-2005 07:17 AM

Azulog is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-14-2005, 12:13 AM   #40
Atanvar

Level 20 Ratonga, 62 str, 86 agi, 47 sta.I do alright.
Atanvar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-14-2005, 06:24 PM   #41
tigressb

Loremaster

I think you sacrificed a bit of ac and str for your agi...just my 2cp.  I try to keep my agi high (have a competition with my friend that's a ranger to see whose is higher all the time LOL), but I also work at my str and sta/hp.  I often find myself grouped with tanks that have only a few more hp than me LOL. (After buffs of course) The ranger has a DPS parser up and if we both go full tilt with all combat arts (including his ranged attacks) I ususally out-DPS him.

AC is usually around 1100-1180 somewhere in there, I had dragon stance up. =)

I'm still looking for upgrades for STR and AGI...does anyone notice any correlation between STR and AGI and damage?  For example, I noticed my rogue in EQ did bigger backstabs when her STR and DEX were within 10 points of each other, and so did other rogue friends.  If her STR was much higher than DEX, or vice versa, it seems to have negative effect.  Might have been coincidence, but wondering if any of you have noticed anything similar.

Bajia Kalih
Half elf monk of 30 seasons
Befallen

tigressb is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-14-2005, 10:37 PM   #42
Crunion

Loremaster

I'm working on raising my AC/Agil as my prime stats. Currently wear tier 3 rare pelt armor and looking for tier 4 rare pelt armor now.