EQ2 Forum Archive @ EQ2Wire

Go Back   EQ2 Forum Archive @ EQ2Wire > EverQuest II > Class Discussion > Priest's Sanctum > Inquisitor
Members List Search Mark Forums Read

Notices

Old 07-14-2008, 07:40 AM   #1
Alycen
Server: Antonia Bayle

Loremaster

I know that both melee versions of these classes take a long time (AA wise) to come into their own so I was wondering how the two compared soloing wise after about 50 AAs or so. I am curious not only about killing speed but the ability to take down the occasional green named for a quest here and there.  I have heard that wardens are better in the healing department so I have to think Inqs are balanced with more damage. I am drawn to both classes, warden especially because of the utility, but don't want to get an unpleasant surprise later when I find that one class falls far short of the other. Thank you for any opinions.
Alycen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-14-2008, 12:07 PM   #2
Tel

General

I haven't tried the Warden to compare, but I have a 69 Inquisitor, and a 35 Mystic (also melee), and while I love SoW, at comparable levels and comparable AA's for lvl 35, I think my Inquisitor killed faster, by my Mystic has much better survivability (wards, etc)...However, I think by the 70s, the Mystic does surpass the Inquisitor, but I'm not sure, my Mysic will be leveled next, then I will probably play a Warden, I just love the melee priests. SMILEY
Tel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-14-2008, 12:46 PM   #3
Avirodar
Server: Oasis
Guild: Tyranny

Loremaster

For solo play...I believe a mystic would be easier to be effective with. Wards combined with superior debuffs...And I believe Inqs have a touch more potential, and can do more DPS, but rely on a good mix of skill+gear to do well with.

Old 07-15-2008, 02:06 PM   #4
MMKA

Loremaster

My wife and I leveled an Inq and Warden to 80. We often fought in the arena where in inq usually won (from 50-80) because of the mana regen with every melee attack but the warden put out more actual damage (the inq could simply ward most of it off)

When questing and leveling, the warden does more damage but the inq can really take a beating. Inq are slow levelers until they hit the 50s. They they usually have enough aa points to put out some pretty decent damage - still not as much as the warden (melee spec).

When you get to T8, the inq is more in demand than the warden. They are pretty rare and make excellent group healers especially when paired with a warden or fury.

MMKA is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-15-2008, 04:29 PM   #5
graxnip

Mercenary

ive always thought that as far as dmg output goes it was mystic/inq in a tie, with rok the mystic doing better and the warden at the bottom.
Clan Grumblebelly :: Runnyeye
graxnip is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-15-2008, 05:04 PM   #6
Raji

Loremaster

graxnip wrote:
ive always thought that as far as dmg output goes it was mystic/inq in a tie, with rok the mystic doing better and the warden at the bottom.
You are correct. Warden is at the bottom of dps after they buffed shaman/cleric dps to make soloing easier.
Raji is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-15-2008, 06:58 PM   #7
Norrsken

Loremaster

Raji wrote:
graxnip wrote:
You are correct. Warden is at the bottom of dps after they buffed shaman/cleric dps to make soloing easier.
Im having a hard time believing that a warden trying to dps can be outdpsed by a defiler.

Norrsken is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-16-2008, 08:29 AM   #8
Astornoth

Loremaster

Easly Defiler outdpsed Warden...I play Def on PvP server and C it all the time..it`s not that fast as meele spikes..but all Dot when they join forces can be reall pain..not 2 mention combo Scourge+ Defile...wooha!

/ps this is alsaw easiest way 2 kill warden for defiler ..force him 2 heal him self..until he`s OP..with scourge it`s very easy 2 do..after Tier 2-3 ,where they owns any one and anything , Warden are nothing special

Astornoth is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-16-2008, 05:20 PM   #9
Raji

Loremaster

[email protected] wrote:
Raji wrote:
graxnip wrote:
Im having a hard time believing that a warden trying to dps can be outdpsed by a defiler.
I should clarify. Of the melee priests, the warden is on the bottom of the barrel dps wise. A warden will still top a defiler, and maybe a templar (not sure how their DPS is now a days), but thats about it.Inquisitor/Mystic will out dps a warden by a fair margin. Of course, wardens can probably heal more per second than a inquisitor can, and can sure as heck last longer than a mystic, since mystics lack power regen (trust me, I play one)Then again, with RoK gear, power is pretty easy to come across and havent run OOP since I got a decent set of RoK gear.
Raji is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-17-2008, 12:27 PM   #10
Norrsken

Loremaster

Astornoth wrote:

Easly Defiler outdpsed Warden...I play Def on PvP server and C it all the time..it`s not that fast as meele spikes..but all Dot when they join forces can be reall pain..not 2 mention combo Scourge+ Defile...wooha!

/ps this is alsaw easiest way 2 kill warden for defiler ..force him 2 heal him self..until he`s OP..with scourge it`s very easy 2 do..after Tier 2-3 ,where they owns any one and anything , Warden are nothing special

As far as pvp goes, that is how you fight both druids in the lower tiers too. As long as you get them to go defensive, you're golden. works in t2 and 3 too.

Norrsken is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-05-2008, 04:14 PM   #11
Ticker123

Loremaster

ok, so now I'm confused, which would be better at soling Inq or Mystic?

Ticker123 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-06-2008, 04:14 AM   #12
Calain80

Loremaster

Best try both classed up to level 20 (better 30 if you have enough time / level fast). By that time you should have a feel about both classes and which you like more. I love my Inqui, but that does not mean, that a Mystic could not fit you better.
Calain80 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-06-2008, 11:48 PM   #13
Grimfang

Loremaster

[email protected] Bayle wrote:

ok, so now I'm confused, which would be better at soling Inq or Mystic?

To be honest? The one YOU find the most fun to play would be the better soloist SMILEY
Old 08-07-2008, 02:28 AM   #14
Szerian
Server: Venekor
Guild: Veritas Aequitas

Loremaster

I personally prefer inquisitor of mystic for soloing,This of course, is based off the fact that I play on a pvp server and I have always found that when I was soloing on my inquisitor I was better able to react to "ganks" in the wild and actually fight back, where as with a mystic you are kind of screwed if you get jumped with no wards up ( especially without steadfast ^^)
Szerian is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-07-2008, 03:28 PM   #15
Oakum

Loremaster

graxnip wrote:

Pretty much since SOE screwed up the dps balance between priest with the last couple of expansions after they had it balanced with the DoF/LU 13. Agile, leather wearing druids are supposed to outdamage plate wearing clerics.  That was the trade off for the lighter armer. Wardens should be able to, at least melee spec, do just a little bit less damage then a Fury and are no where close.

Part of the imbalance was cause by the upping of cleric/shamen dps so they could solo easier. Which in itself I approve of. Its that they never fixed the place in the dps side where wardens ended up. They fixed the Fury's dps but ignored the warden.

I have seen a mystic, with their better armor, stand toe to toe with the jailor in KC (not a raider mystic either btw), do more dps then me and never get below half health or power.

I have heard you inquisitors can easily do the same thing but on a lot more named then just the jailor but take less damage due to the better armor.  Not sure how true that is thouoh. Just what one on my server told me. I never seen him/her do it.

Old 08-22-2008, 07:57 AM   #16
Astornoth

Loremaster

Not beter but easier SMILEY..then I would say Inqs..U don`t have 2 predict what will happen and just react on thing that coming,even if U make mistake plate armor gives U far more time 2 fix it.Shamans need more time for doing almost anyting so most of pll find them more complicated 2 play.
Astornoth is offline   Reply With Quote