EQ2 Forum Archive @ EQ2Wire

Go Back   EQ2 Forum Archive @ EQ2Wire > EverQuest II > The Development Corner > Developer Roundtable
Members List Search Mark Forums Read

Notices

Old 02-16-2006, 07:45 AM   #1
Blackguard

Developer

This thread is for players on Test server to provide bugs and feedback for Test Update #20b. Please do not post here unless you play on Test. Use the In Testing Feedback board instead.

YARR!!!
Blackguard is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-16-2006, 07:57 AM   #2
Sirlutt

Loremaster

does this include tradeskill changes to remove the sub combines like with some of the < 20 spells ?

I heart DE Broads
Sirlutt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-16-2006, 08:00 AM   #3
rek6779

Loremaster

- "Wrapping it All" Up can now be completed a maximum of 30 minutes after the Godking has been killed.

SOE you might want to rethink how you stop what you're attempting to stop. While we're waiting for the server to come back up, my guild and I were discussing it.

The loot you get from Godking is No Trade. It'll take 5-10 minutes, conservatively, to figure out who will get the loot. Then on your first trip in, you'll have to figure out how to get to the ewer without getting overwhelmed from the water pops. This will most likely take 20 minutes to get 24 up top, if you do it the safe & easy way.

There must be better ways to implement this fix rather than do this, as I could see many guilds not getting their update after killing Godking.
rek6779 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-16-2006, 08:32 AM   #4
pera

- "Wrapping it All" Up can now be completed a maximum of 30 minutes after the Godking has been killed.Aye I think a better fix to this would be, mainly because of the time it "could" take to sort out the loot and actauly get up the wall, woudl be to only allow people to complete the quest that were in the zone at the time the godking died.  Them and them only would be able to use their rods of shattering to distroy the ewers and receive their rewards.  With this method your making it so only those that actualy were there at the death of the god king would be able to receive their rewards for that instance. obviously this would have to reset with each zone in but i'm sure thats not too much of a problem.

Message Edited by perano on 02-15-200610:32 PM

Best Quote Ever: "BREAKING: New York subways smell funny"
pera is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-16-2006, 08:43 AM   #5
Yask

General

Agreed.

Old 02-16-2006, 08:50 AM   #6
Iseabeil

Loremaster

- "Wrapping it All" Up can now be completed a maximum of 30 minutes after the Godking has been killed.

Wouldnt it be easier to add a quest update on the kill itself, so anyone that wasnt present when he went down wont be able to bypass it?

Old 02-16-2006, 08:53 AM   #7
Dum

Add a step "kill the godking" after enter the inner temple and before destroy the ewer.
Dum is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-16-2006, 09:25 AM   #8
Eyes_of_Truth

Loremaster

Illusionist changes:- Personae requires a 10 second casting time as with other permanent pet summons.
I would like to suggest a 1 concentraition cost instedof 3 please,

I belive that charm/personae lines have been overlooked with the changes to what once were considered the "solo" buffs.

All of the Stances, self-shape change buffs, magi shielding, and many other spells primarily intended for solo used to all cost 3 con slots, so that you would sacrofice some group buffing ability while using your solo buffs, but with the revamp they removed the large con cost, which was then reduced to 1 or no con costs.

Unfortunatly, the only class who's solo buff that was not reduced are the enchanter classes.

Please, make charm/personae cost only 1 con slots, since with this most recient change, it would appear that they are ment to be the equivilant of a summoner's minons, just that they server different purposes.

I belive that this would help the enchanter class's overall dps ineffectiveness, by allowing them to further augment more of their allies without having to sacrofice the use of their class defining abilities, charm/personae.

List of solo buffs that were changed:

* Any and all "stance" buffs, all have no con cost now
* Mystic/Defiler/Warden/Fury shapechange buffs
* Conjuror/Necromancer pets, and pet stances also
* Magi shielding
 ...and probly more that i just cant recall this late lol

I really belive that the enchanters have been looked over on this issue, and it does play a large role in our classes' ability to buff the group.

Message Edited by Eyes_of_Truth on 02-15-200608:36 PM

Eyes_of_Truth is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-16-2006, 11:28 AM   #9
selch

Lord

For the love of Tunare, please make tradeskills have difference on harvesting nodes and with KoS I dont want to imagine 'node' w*s will pop everywhere (which are for tradeskills)

I mean you can either:

- Reduce duration of harvesting on high tradeskills or increase duration of harvesting on low tradeskills on tradeskill level scale
- or Harvesting might only be increased by tradeskill level and tier.
- or greatly improve rare chance of finding rares on high level tradeskillers on tradeskill level scale vs zone level. (T6 crafter has top rare chance on T6 areas but T1 crafter has lowest chance to get rare on T6 areas, hence T2 crafter has top chance on T2 areas compared to T6 crafter etc.)

It is getting ridicilous to find a simple node when all "carpets" after those with 9 artisan dominating and harvesting every node with hope of finding rares "TO SELL TO CRAFTERS"  and really frustrating after a time when priority must be on Crafters SMILEY

Why I am saying this, people are already disrespectful to each other and when someone gets so passionate about RL money, this turns much more ridicilous fight arena on node areas.

Message Edited by selch on 02-15-200611:24 PM

Old 02-16-2006, 04:05 PM   #10
jb-

Loremaster

:smileyvery-happy: Thanks!
jb- is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-16-2006, 06:28 PM   #11
Moriga

I agree 30 mins is not enough time.  Couldn't you simply fix the zone so that once you are in you are in and if you leave you are locked out for some amount of time? The problem  I assume you are trying to correct is that a guild beats the god king and holds the zone open for hours moving people in to complete the quest with out having to complete the zone themselves.

If people outside the zone, can't join the raid and be pulled in to the zone after the mob is defeated the problem is solved and it still leaves pleanty of time for those who do kill him to mess with loot and figure out how to get the ewer.

Morgaine

Moriga is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-16-2006, 07:30 PM   #12
zit

General

Illusionist changes:- Personae requires a 10 second casting time as with other permanent pet summons.

what is the reasoning behind this?

10 seconds cast time on summoner pets makes sense as summoner have 0 sec recast time on pets. so the long cast time prevents summoner from killing mobs by just recasting their pet over and over again after it died.

illusionists pet is on a recast time of 30 seconds. successfully preventing any tactics of spaming pets already.

which means if any other permanent pet dies it can be recast within 10 seconds.

if an illu pet dies currently it needs 32 seconds to recast.

with this change it will take 40 seconds to recast.

is this change really necessary??

why give us a 10 seconds casting time as with other permanent pet summons, if we dont get a 0 seconds recast time as with other permanent pet summons either?

this just doesnt make sense.

zit is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-16-2006, 07:55 PM   #13
Kerlin

Loremaster

I don't play on test, but I do play on Beta.  The changes to the imbued rings make the Ring of fate even more useless.  The imbued rings take very little cash/effort to make.  The ring of fate takes a HUGE amount of time and effort!  Please consider boosting the stats on the ring of fate.

Kerlin - 60 Fury

Kerlin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-16-2006, 08:31 PM   #14
Joren_Wolfheart

Tester

The new ring changes are a lot better.  I logged on to find that my T2 imbued strength rings not only did the 1% proc, but also had a +4 str bonus a piece.  This is an acceptable solution, IMHO
Also, the new waypoint wisps are nice.  I do have one question about them, though.  (Note:  I run EQ2map, and have not got to test this without it yet, but will tonight)  If you open your map and set a waypoint, the wisp shows up, but as soon as you close your map it goes away. And kudos on giving the guards better training.  I personally feel much safer knowing that they're keeping an eye out for trouble.
Joren_Wolfheart is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-16-2006, 08:41 PM   #15
Marillion

Loremaster

On the godking thing, what happens if your at the hand in step in maj'dul .... report to X.But you wont be back online until some time next week?? What happens to your quest journal?
Old 02-16-2006, 08:54 PM   #16
SunT

Illusionist have had the cast time for thier pet made the same as Summoners.

Illusionists have a 30 second delay after the pet dies to cast another pet.

Summoners have no delay.

Please make this equal as well.

SunT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-16-2006, 08:58 PM   #17
Sol-the-Wi

To the Illusionists talking about their pets:Please realize that you are not a Summoner. Your main utility is not your pet, and thus you shouldn't be able to handle it nearly as well as Summoners. It honestly irks me when Illusionists think they should. True, your DPS may be low. That's not your purpose, though. Should a Templar get a pet as well, seeing as their DPS is even lower?Anywho, Summoners have no recast timer because 75-80% of the damage they do is from their pets. A 30-second downtime would be devastating. Illusionists can still perform their main purpose without the pet.
Sol-the-Wi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-16-2006, 09:37 PM   #18
Rask

Sol - with Mez spells being in the state they're in at the moment(read very situational and quasi-useless) and actual bodies in combat counting more than buffs(I get asked to keep my personae out instead of hasting melees because it's a decent source of DPS), Illusionists have no role in groups now other than crack monkeys.Right now, I shine as an illusionist because of my damage enhancing buffs and apparently even those are getting nerfed with LU20.
Old 02-16-2006, 09:55 PM   #19
WAPCE

Loremaster

zitha wrote:

this just doesnt make sense.

Seconded. The thing already has a huge power cost, takes 3 concentration slots, has a recast of 30 seconds, is only usable for soloing, and doesn't have anything going for it as a pet besides an attack button. It has negligible DPS of its own and is used solely as a catalyst for a couple quasi-nukes. Why makes it worse and not fix anything else? It's an illusion cast by an Illusionist, it wouldn't hurt to make it not suck...

Adblock Plus (with EasyList x3)
Flashblock
WAPCE is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-17-2006, 12:11 AM   #20
Sonnyjim_Grumblestump

Loremaster

Illusionist changes:- Personae requires a 10 second casting time as with other permanent pet summons.I too was wondering about the reason behind this. The Illusionist pets lacked the 10 second cast time, but we were hit with a heavy 30 second recast time instead.I frequently duo with a summoner on lvl 25 alts. When their tank goes down, We have to root or otherwise distract for 10 seconds and we're back in the fight. If my personae goes down, it's out of action for three times as long. This change will make it 40 seconds for no good reason that I'm aware of. Is it possible that this 30 second recast time wasn't noticed by the devs and the quick cast time was thought to be in error?To the summoner protecting their own turf -- Relax. You are undisputedly the masters of the pet. This is why when I duo with a summoner, the tank pet holds our lives in it's hands. You do realise that our personae can't tank worth beans, right? If the tank goes down, we ROOT and call my pet back. we do not let it tank, because we'd be dead.

Come one, come all -- Visit the League of the Ignoble Liver
"I'm not just drunk... I'm leading by example!"
Sonnyjim_Grumblestump is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-17-2006, 01:10 AM   #21
ThaLege

Brigand changes:- Amazing Reflexes no longer increases hate and allows a brief movement speed bonus after it breaks.- Ruse now triggers only on melee damage and does not have a power cost when it triggers.Ok, not gonna harp on the AR changes, not gonna matter, however why the change in Ruse skill tree, I mean it's bad enough that I have to steal aggro from the tank in order to use is now. Now I have to steal aggro and make sure the mob hits me with a melee and nothing else.... IMO that's pretty f'n stupid. Not sure if it's because casters whine that when they hit us with a spell that it triggers or not, but when a wizard can do 4-5k with one cast, and warlocks can dot for 700-900 per tick, why oh why must brigands get their one high damage skill nerfed even further than how it was originally designed, I was happy having to run in front of a mob to use my ruse skills, didn't bother me at all. I will say one thing bout AR, I think that if they were gonna change it, they could've changed it to like a 30 minute buff or something, hell even 15 minutes is better than what they changed it too.... Just my 2 cents.Meecrob 55 Brigand Blackburrow
ThaLege is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-17-2006, 01:19 AM   #22
Onth

Also, the new waypoint wisps are nice.  I do have one question about them, though.  (Note:  I run EQ2map, and have not got to test this without it yet, but will tonight)  If you open your map and set a waypoint, the wisp shows up, but as soon as you close your map it goes away.
Try using the M key to toggle the map window instead of the clicking the close button. This should keep the wisp from going away -- or, at least, it works for me on the Live servers.
Onth is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-17-2006, 03:06 AM   #23
Eyes_of_Truth

Loremaster

Sol-the-Wise wrote:To the Illusionists talking about their pets:Please realize that you are not a Summoner. Your main utility is not your pet, and thus you shouldn't be able to handle it nearly as well as Summoners. It honestly irks me when Illusionists think they should. True, your DPS may be low. That's not your purpose, though. Should a Templar get a pet as well, seeing as their DPS is even lower?Anywho, Summoners have no recast timer because 75-80% of the damage they do is from their pets. A 30-second downtime would be devastating. Illusionists can still perform their main purpose without the pet.

Please realize that you do not speak for all summoners. Please realize that i have a 43 conjuror AND a 32 illusionist. Please do not ignore the legitimate issues of other classes because you feel territorial.

that being said, one could aurgue that the illusionist's personae is just as important as a conjurors pet, just in a different way.

The personae stuns, drains power, does a bit of damage, and tanks better than the summoner's mage pet but worse than the summoner's scout/tank pet, with around the damage of a fighter pet in defensive.

It is an extension of our caster abilities. It can actually mess a mob for about 20 seconds, and if used as an extra back up mess, can be really helpful (it would be more practical if the mess was the first spell it chose to cast in fights)

It is actually very good at saping a foes power, and i belive it's stun lasts for around 4 seconds.

Summoners are the "masters" of minons, but not the sole owners. They have the most varriety, along with offensive and defensive stances, this is enough to give them this title.

Charm and Personae need:

*10sec casting time (6 second for charm, since the mobs can path away easily in a 10 second time period, plus they expend time in serching for said mob, so really even with a 6 second casting time, it takes them much longer to aquire a minon)

*no recast time

*1 concentration cost

We cannot have double standards; they are either long term pets like summoner pets (charm working a little different though of course), their for having the restriction of a long casting time, but no recast time, OR they are differet from summoner pets by having almost no casting time, but a long recast time.

Honestly though, regardless of how they decide to classify each enchanter's spell, they BOTH need to only cost 1 concentraition slot, only having 2 slots avalible to use buffs is just absurd, leaving a large number of spells to go unused due to lack of room.

Enchanters are allready doing less than their entended dps rankins, so by lowering the con cost, you allow them to better augment their group's damage abilities while not sacroficing their personal dps as they currently have to do.

And for any summoners who disagre with me, just remeber back when your pets cost 3 con slots, and the pet stance cost 1, an some of yur buffs cost 2 con slots... you had to choose between protecting yourself, buffing your group, or using your pet, which made the class very cumbersome and clunky... that is how enchanters are in regards to their concentration usage currently.

Eyes_of_Truth is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-17-2006, 10:26 AM   #24
Imokles

Loremaster

OK, but then change the recast to 0 secs as with other permanent pet summons.

Old 02-17-2006, 01:36 PM   #25
Dejah

Loremaster

The Sorcerer's threat reduction spell "Concussive" is working differently on the Test Server than it is currently on the Live Servers.  It is no longer properly applying the Threat Reduction to the target of the next hostile spell when the target of the next spell is "encounter".

Please see my detailed tests at this thread: LU20: Triggered Spell Effects and Sorcerers

Dehah
Club Fu
Old 02-18-2006, 06:31 PM   #26
Xalibur

Loremaster

so Illusionists are now officially a pet class blackguard ? then you might chance conc slots requirement to 1 or 0 to bring us in line with other summoner classes!
Xalibur is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-19-2006, 09:41 AM   #27
Bre

General

In regards to this:  Procs will only occur on the first successful attack of a single combat art, not each attack. For example, if a single combat art strikes 5 times, the proc will only have a chance to trigger once during that art rather than 5 times.
 I would like to state that I do believe this to be too drastic a change to our damage output. Look, I'm not the best at expressing myself in this medium so I guess I'll start by stating that damage is all we have. We needed brought down, yes, but the way you went about it was pretty harsh.
I don't parse btw, if you want raw numbers I can't think of a better place to look than your own databanks. All I care about is my ability to do my job, and that is kill things so [expletive haxx0red by Raijinn] fast that they are knocking on deaths door before they ever get to me. If a mob is a solo green, there is no excuse for me not being able to kill  it before it gets to me. And under your current system, unless I use my big 15 min hit, I can't.
 Ya know, I've written the next two paragraphs about 6 times and they just keep saying the same things that have already been said and what I already stated above.

You are smart people with a pretty nasty deadline coming up so I'll just condense it for ya.

-Our current damage is not in line with our need and role in this game.
-If you want us to be a mediocre melee fighter with a few nice bow attacks please just tell us now and save us all a lot of hassle.
-Please don't adjust our dps output using this as a benchmark, in your own words, "Rangers on the extreme end" 

Thanks,
Brega - 60 Ranger, Test

Bre is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-19-2006, 11:46 PM   #28
WAPCE

Loremaster

Dejah wrote:
The Sorcerer's threat reduction spell "Concussive" is working differently on the Test Server than it is currently on the Live Servers. It is no longer properly applying the Threat Reduction to the target of the next hostile spell when the target of the next spell is "encounter".
Please see my detailed tests at this thread: LU20: Triggered Spell Effects and Sorcerers
Dehah
Club Fu

Does this affect all AE's? Specifically, are we going to lose a lot of AE DPS from Dynamism and the Troub group spell proc? The notes don't make it very clear if this change is supposed to affect only muti-hit attacks or all AEs.

Adblock Plus (with EasyList x3)
Flashblock
WAPCE is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-21-2006, 08:25 PM   #29
Flam

General

Crux72 wrote:
In regards to this:  Procs will only occur on the first successful attack of a single combat art, not each attack. For example, if a single combat art strikes 5 times, the proc will only have a chance to trigger once during that art rather than 5 times.
 I would like to state that I do believe this to be too drastic a change to our damage output. Look, I'm not the best at expressing myself in this medium so I guess I'll start by stating that damage is all we have. We needed brought down, yes, but the way you went about it was pretty harsh.
I don't parse btw, if you want raw numbers I can't think of a better place to look than your own databanks. All I care about is my ability to do my job, and that is kill things so [expletive haxx0red by Raijinn] fast that they are knocking on deaths door before they ever get to me. If a mob is a solo green, there is no excuse for me not being able to kill  it before it gets to me. And under your current system, unless I use my big 15 min hit, I can't.
 Ya know, I've written the next two paragraphs about 6 times and they just keep saying the same things that have already been said and what I already stated above.

You are smart people with a pretty nasty deadline coming up so I'll just condense it for ya.

-Our current damage is not in line with our need and role in this game.
-If you want us to be a mediocre melee fighter with a few nice bow attacks please just tell us now and save us all a lot of hassle.
-Please don't adjust our dps output using this as a benchmark, in your own words, "Rangers on the extreme end" 

Thanks,
Brega - 60 Ranger, Test

actually this change will lower illusionist DPS.  See our Prismatic line along with spell proc work well together.  Casting Prismatic line on scouts works because of the multiple attacks -- each hit gets a change to proc both spells with you have the spell proc on yourself. Now of course, it procs once for each ... thus cutting the DPS from it by like 60% from what it is now.  Oh as for AoE's it shouldn't change the procs from that.  Besides, i never had the spell proc go off on each tick of a dot only the first cast.  I guess they are taking the route for combat arts and procs.

55th lvl Illusionist,
Server: Lucan DeLere
Flam is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-22-2006, 12:24 AM   #30
fiercele

Why are we not recieving a /respec for this expansion...The game changes the playstyles change the reasons you choose a selected path, may become obsolete once you reach a certin point in the game. The choices I choose when expansion hit veried from the choices I made at the begging of the game and the choices I would make now at the release of KoS are different from  what I chose at DoF expansion.I would love to have the oppurtunity to chose again, and probably 6 months down the line i would like to choose again.This is an everchanging game why do our characters have to be stuck with abilites or choices that dont fit what the game becomes or what the game requires to be a succesful charcter?