EQ2 Forum Archive @ EQ2Wire

Go Back   EQ2 Forum Archive @ EQ2Wire > EverQuest II > Planes of Prophecy Beta > General Beta Discussion
Members List Search Mark Forums Read

Notices

Old 10-18-2017, 04:24 PM   #1
Majesty

Hi Smile
I made sure to do the beta command only once as instructed. I did it Tuesday evening. When I have logged on today for beta around 10 am CST it still doesn't show my 2 characters. It shows just the create a character option. I know these things take time and just wanted to check on the copy process if there is any time estimates. Thank you so much for everything devs! I loved the live stream and everything I saw. Smile
Old 10-18-2017, 11:05 PM   #2
echoing

i was wondering the same i am going on closed to 30+ hours after doing /beta copy and nothing
Old 10-18-2017, 11:56 PM   #3
Schortt

Yes I am having the same issue. did copy yesterday and still nothing but create a character window. I was very excited to start testing the new stuff... now just bumbed
Old 10-19-2017, 02:55 AM   #4
Virgatus

Can a dev give us an update on the /beta copy status. I copied my character yesterday as well and as of 10 minutes ago it still isn't showing up.
Virgatus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-19-2017, 03:18 AM   #5
Adler

I just copied mine now and went back in to see i have to create character as well... I know i just did it but still was hoping so came here to look and see a few people having issues.... I can go tonight without but tomorrow i would like to play
Old 10-19-2017, 06:14 AM   #6
Majesty

Devs,
Its Thursday morning with the beta copy still not going through. I did do it only once on Tuesday night and have been patiently waiting Smile I want to try and earn the rewards for questing. Can you let us know when or if we should try the command again or keep waiting? Appreciate all you guysSmile are doing for us!
Old 10-19-2017, 09:28 AM   #7
Fieringel

Same as Majesty, copied two of my toons on tues have yet to show up on beta. Is it normal not only to get the create a character screen but also the load graphics for Kunark ascending? Reason I ask is that it looks like the load from the KA beta from last year, and was wondering if that might be the wrong beta if that's possible.
Old 10-19-2017, 09:40 AM   #8
wiouxev2

For reference, I /beta copied my toon the morning before stream and haven't seen my character(s) pop up yet over on Beta.
Old 10-19-2017, 09:48 AM   #9
Ellah

I tried the /beta command just before the servers went down on the day of the livestream and got a message saying that the account doesn't have privs to do this (they must have already put in the requirement to have purchased the expansion at that time) so I think it's likely you got the same message and maybe didn't notice it.

You might like to /beta again to get your toon into the queue!
Old 10-19-2017, 09:50 AM   #10
wiouxev2

I don't remember getting a message, but at this point due to how backed up the queue is, I'm going to hold on to my bets and wait to see if it shows up instead of risking getting back at the bottom of the queue and congesting it that much more.

I'm patient Smile
Old 10-19-2017, 11:29 AM   #11
Anaranj

I copied my char 24 hours ago, like all of you, I still hope the copy was made soon.
Anaranj is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-19-2017, 12:39 PM   #12
ArgentGarou

My copy still hasn't shown up, but when I used /loadui_setting it had my toon listed.
Old 10-19-2017, 02:08 PM   #13
Fieringel

UIsettings are likely from the last beta, mine are still in my file from last year for all my toons, shows the date nest to the file
Old 10-19-2017, 02:15 PM   #14
amarisa

I copied mine yesterday but it still isn't there. The message says if your character doesn't show up to contact customer service. How do you do that? Is it the petition?
Old 10-19-2017, 03:55 PM   #15
Kiaristorm

sent a petition for beta toons not copying over. Has Daybreak said anything about an eta or anything about the missing buff tokens for a level 1 toon?
Old 10-19-2017, 09:06 PM   #16
Leeroy

There is an issue with /beta copies; bothered the devs about it in both Discord and on Beta server (made a betabuffed toon).

They said that some coding changes implemented by another department are gating all /beta copied characters from being put through the pipeline. They are said to be "working on it" which most likely means that the spaghetticode has not been yet untangled.

From the Discord stream a little while ago:
Old 10-19-2017, 09:29 PM   #17
Lacutis

Still no copy to beta.... Getting really annoyed!
Lacutis is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-19-2017, 11:57 PM   #18
GorGusEyes1

I copied on Tuesday as well. I still don't a char show up in beta. I hope they get this fixed soon.
Old 10-20-2017, 02:32 AM   #19
Elinea

My copies finally arrived, yay!

Edit: Interesting. I used the /beta command in Obulus Frontier, but when I logged it in on beta, I was standing in front of Xalgoz in the expert raid zone. Yikes!
Elinea is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-20-2017, 03:02 AM   #20
Adler

Well still nothing... If i knew it was going to be a hassle to play i would have saved my $122 and waited till it was corrected. I Created a char and played with Adept spells sucks so stopped after 10 min of playing yesterday. Will check back tomorrow.....
Old 10-20-2017, 03:20 AM   #21
Raiivann

What has been the average time of beta copy? I saw the note to contact DBG only if your toon wasn't copied; however, they didn't give you at specific time to worry about. I copied 2 toons (one in CL, on in OP) around 7:30 ET 10/19. 3 hours later they still aren't there. I don't want to contact community relations if I should give them more time. I realize Beta is, well, Beta. I'm just wondering at what time I should do a report.
Old 10-20-2017, 05:00 AM   #22
Sucha

I did the /Beta around 2am on the 18th and the toon has still not been copied over. Contacted support tonight and was basically told it will happen sometime between now and Xpac launch date.
Old 10-20-2017, 07:33 AM   #23
Nicolos

Then they won't be getting any feedback from me. I am comfortable with MY character, not a boosted version of the same class.

I did /beta as soon as beta went live and still nothing. Got on and asked in general and they said that Kandar had said that if it wasn't in yet then was probably messed up and will need to do it again. Basically the exact opposite of what was said during the live stream. I sure hope it happens soon.
Nicolos is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-20-2017, 08:01 AM   #24
Elinea

It's been 48 hours since I did a /beta command on my live server, and still nada. You'd think before opening up beta, this would have been looked at to make sure it's working properly Tongue
Elinea is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-20-2017, 08:48 AM   #25
Daddums

I bought two copies of the expansion pack Tuesday 10/18. Once the purchase was confirmed on the web site, I logged in to both accounts and copied several characters to beta using the /beta command. Received the message warning that any existing character would be replaced. I made sure to copy each character once and only once as noted in the livestream.

Received the e-mail receipt at 12:04 AM Wednesday for the purchase (it is normal that these receipts are delayed).
As of 12:41 PST on 10/19 I have yet to have a character show up on Beta. All I receive is the create a character option. This is over 36 hours from purchasing the expansion pack and the start of beta, as defined by Daybreak.

Understand this can take a while to make the transfers. It would be helpful for Daybreak to set and expectation regarding how much time would be considered normal (12 hours, 24 hours, etc.) and when we are way outside that parameter and need to escalate or be posting to forums. Its not the time that upsets people so much (irksome but not upsetting) it is setting the expectation of how long it will take and when to check back.

Please help us understand what the expectation should be.
Old 10-20-2017, 10:13 AM   #26
Arieva

Make sure to create a level 1 character on the server, camp said character out and check the character select page. I could only see my copied character after doing this.
Arieva is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-20-2017, 10:17 AM   #27
Dolgrin

I made the /beta during the stream-session (or short after, don't remember excatly). The char was yesterday afternoon (EU-Time) on beta visible.
Dolgrin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-20-2017, 10:52 AM   #28
Steelviper

Re-copied yesterday as suggested by Kander, and still nothing. Don't feel like playing with the pre-made toon with Adept spells though, so Beta will have to wait until my 2 toons are over there.
Steelviper is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-20-2017, 10:58 AM   #29
Aniko

What to do?
Old 10-20-2017, 02:52 PM   #30
Alenna

copied 9 toons yesterday only one showed up not the right one to boot if they could have at least let me have my main the ranger or even my conji so I could adventure and not get sick from that stupid mount they give us on the beta buffer. the movement make mse sick to my stomach so I can't stay on long.
Alenna is offline   Reply With Quote