EQ2 Forum Archive @ EQ2Wire

Go Back   EQ2 Forum Archive @ EQ2Wire > EverQuest II > Kunark Ascending Beta > Zones and Quest Discussion
Members List Search Mark Forums Read

Notices

Old 10-16-2016, 12:24 PM   #1
Gaptia

I am a mage.
I'm at the step "Kill Kromdul in Obulus Frontier Using the Cae'Dal Soldier Blade".
I equip the weapon and try to hurt Giant with it but I have the message "You have not the ability..."
The problem is that to validate the kill you have to use a slash weapon while I have no slash ability.

Thanks to fix the quest so mages and healers can do it.
Gaptia is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-16-2016, 01:11 PM   #2
Bardonio

I completed this quest by making sure the use melee auto attack instead of forced range. Even if you kill the giants with a spell, as long as the melee auto attack is engaged, you will receive the necessary updates. Seems silly? Of course. I am a Necromancer by the way. It is possible. But I agree with the fix for casters.
Old 10-16-2016, 06:56 PM   #3
Cronyn

Developer

I'll look at this. I might not get it in for the next update, because it might take some script black magic to make it work, and in that case, I'd want to test a bunch to make sure it isn't causing NEW problems in trying to fix this one.

Thanks for the feedback!
Old 10-16-2016, 07:49 PM   #4
Chiffon

My partner and I were grouped for this quest and while we both did melee, only the person who got the killing blow got the update. Can you please fix this for a group update or this is going to be a big problem for anyone grouping.

Updated: I dropped group and formed a group with my merc. I let her keep aggro the entire time, and she got the killing blow and I still did not get the update. This quest literally only updates on whoever lands the killing blow.
Chiffon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-17-2016, 08:04 AM   #5
Chiffon

Good lord, this quest is seriously broken. While in combat I had my merc back off, the mob kept targeting my merc, I landed the killing blow and I still did not get the update.

So.... as a mystic I decided to send my pet in for the attack, I hit it once with auto attack on, and my pet held aggro the entire time and she landed the killing blow. Guess what happened? Yep.... I did NOT get an update on the quest.

PLEASE fix this!
Old 10-17-2016, 08:14 AM   #6
Cronyn

Developer

I put in a fix to make sure it updates for the group, so that's in and looks to be working. HOWEVER, that likely won't address your second issue - that it only fires on the killing blow (and with the proper weapon equipped). That, I think, is going to require a bit more script magic to get it to function more intuitively. That won't be in tomorrow, but I'll see if I can get a working fix in for Tuesday.

Good catch, though. Thanks for the heads up on that.
Old 10-17-2016, 05:27 PM   #7
Taiyla

I finished this quest with no problem but I'm a Dirge so the weapon worked fine. My question is.... the weapon they give is level 80. Just wondering if that's a mistake.

[IMG]
Taiyla is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-17-2016, 05:32 PM   #8
Chiffon

As a mystic, I too received the same level 80 weapon. I've been slowly making progress on the quest by not having a merc or my pet out and slugging away for 5-10 minutes per kill. Doable but painful.
Old 10-18-2016, 04:38 AM   #9
Chiffon

I tried grouping with a friend to get my updates after the patch went in and it still will not update for me when I do not get the killing blow. FYI I do have the correct weapon equipped.
Old 10-18-2016, 04:53 PM   #10
Chiffon

Cronyn, I'm thinking that the only way it's giving an update in a group after your patch, is if both or all players are on the quest. The friend I grouped with was no longer on that quest, he was only helping me with my update.
Old 10-18-2016, 05:08 PM   #11
Cronyn

Developer

I apologize, I meant to come here yesterday and give you an update. So yeah, you're right - the 'fix' works, but it ONLY works if the killer is on the quest and has the sword equipped (which doesn't make it much of a fix at all). The good news is that I've been working on this to come up with a more comprehensive fix that will HOPEFULLY cover all of the cases preventing you from getting an update (non-quest player kill, merc kill, pet kill - any of those). I submitted it this morning, but I don't know when the next push will go live, but the fix will be in the patch notes when it does (I suspect within a day or two). If you can hold off and test at that point, I'd appreciate it.

Thanks for testing this out, and I'm sorry that this has been frustrating for you. Hopefully this fix gets the quest working in an intuitive way that eliminates the issues you've been having.
Old 10-18-2016, 07:32 PM   #12
Chiffon

I'll hold off doing any more updates on this quest until I know the new "fix" has been pushed through. I'm at 7/12 so have enough kills left to test out most, if not all, of the scenarios above to see if they work.
Old 10-20-2016, 11:34 PM   #13
Chiffon

Cronyn, I did some testing today after I knew your fix was in. The results are below. The update is still broken if you group with someone who is not on the quest and they get the killing blow. Merc and pet kills are working though.

First test with pet: Hit mob with melee auto attack, sent pet in for attack, pet held aggro the entire fight. I mainly used auto attack for the fight and log showed I landed the killing blow, and I received the update.

Second test with merc: Sent merc in, then I hit with melee auto attack. Merc held aggro the entire fight. Log showed that I landed the killing blow, and I received the update.

Third test with friend who is not on the quest: I hit mob, he got the killing blow, and I did NOT get an update.

I'm at 9/12 for this quest, so please let me know ASAP if you want me to hold off finishing it for another fix/patch.
Old 10-21-2016, 05:40 PM   #14
Cronyn

Developer

Okay, thanks for the information. I am going to dig into this in a bit and see if I can find out what's causing the intermittent updates. I'll post here when I have an update. :-D

THANKS MUCH! I appreciate it. :-D
Old 10-21-2016, 07:34 PM   #15
Chiffon

FYI, the combat log says "You killed when testing with the merc or the pet, but when testing with the grouped player who is no longer on the quest, it said " killed "
Old 10-27-2016, 09:43 PM   #16
Chiffon

Cronyn, any idea when the patch will be ready for me to test this? I'm still waiting to finish this quest.
Old 11-02-2016, 03:47 PM   #17
Chiffon

Cronyn.... ETA on fix?
Old 11-08-2016, 04:16 PM   #18
Chiffon

Cronyn.... is this going to get fixed or should I just finish my quest and continue on?