EQ2 Forum Archive @ EQ2Wire

Go Back   EQ2 Forum Archive @ EQ2Wire > EverQuest II > Chains of Eternity Beta > General (CoE Beta) > General Discussion
Members List Search Mark Forums Read

Notices

Old 10-29-2012, 01:06 PM   #1
excalibur120

Loremaster

I love how you can't kill the training dummies now.  This is a great addition and will allow for much better fine tuning of casting orders.  However, I would love an option to have the training dummy attack me for 1 point of damage every so often so that I can properly test skills that are triggered on getting hit.  Some of these skills are just as important to checking a dps parse properly as the skills that don't require being hit.

excalibur120 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-29-2012, 02:33 PM   #2
Hene

Loremaster

excalibur120 wrote:

I love how you can't kill the training dummies now.  This is a great addition and will allow for much better fine tuning of casting orders.  However, I would love an option to have the training dummy attack me for 1 point of damage every so often so that I can properly test skills that are triggered on getting hit.  Some of these skills are just as important to checking a dps parse properly as the skills that don't require being hit.

Use the creature conjuror

Hene is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-29-2012, 02:51 PM   #3
excalibur120

Loremaster

Hene wrote:

excalibur120 wrote:

Use the creature conjuror

Those don't survive long enough for any relevant dps parse.

Old 11-02-2012, 01:11 AM   #4
excalibur120

Loremaster

I'd really like to see some more comments on this.  If they are spending the time to improve the dummies they should go all the way and add in some really nice options to them.

Old 11-02-2012, 10:57 AM   #5
Silzin
Server: Crushbone
Guild: Revelations

Loremaster

With people having merks that can just stand there and keep us healed, i can see this being a very real option.  you have the possibility that it may be to much dps for the merk to heal but then just set the over all dps out to be like 1k-3k... mages should be ok surviving that. 

Old 11-02-2012, 12:16 PM   #6
Mohee

Lord

Wouldn't it be cool to have totally customizable training dummies? 

Set them to spawn training dummy adds at certain time intervals or %'s, select adds HP ammounts.

Be able to set it to do Red Text AoEs at certain time intervals.

Set the amount of DPS the dummy will do to you.

Fake curses, detriments, memwipes, stuns, stifles, disarms, fear?!

While at the same time making it so if a dummy kills you, its like losing in a duel. No debt, no gear hit. 

That would be awesome! 

EQ'ing since 1999
Mohee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-02-2012, 04:26 PM   #7
Enotirab

Loremaster

Thanks for beefing up the New Dummies.  Can we please add a "make immortal" option or add an Epic GROUP.  The group dummies die way to fast to be able to get useful information out of them.

Enotirab is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-02-2012, 10:58 PM   #8
Maergoth

Loremaster

I suggested this along with the last thing, to make them attack you for a set amount of damage, probably closer to 1000 every second.

Would make it possible to test debuffs and defensive stats as well.

Gninja said there wasn't time, so I simplified the request and just asked for more health. I think this is the best we'll get for now.

Jaraxx tells you, 'Why did you die? Man up. Ask for DI from your priests'

You tell Jaraxx, 'I had a "save" running..'

http://tinyurl.com/PaladinFeedback
Maergoth is offline   Reply With Quote