EQ2 Forum Archive @ EQ2Wire

Go Back   EQ2 Forum Archive @ EQ2Wire > EverQuest II > General EverQuest II Discussion > General Gameplay Discussion
Members List Search Mark Forums Read

Notices

Old 09-25-2012, 01:05 PM   #1
ZUES

Loremaster

The title says it all. They wont cure arcane. Tried Inky, warden and defiler.

ZUES is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-25-2012, 01:16 PM   #2
Freejazzlive

Loremaster

ZUES wrote:

I don't know if he's curing "arcane," but I see both my Inqui & my Templar casting cure spells all the time.

Golgi Apparati, Swashbuckler of Freeport

Aheedi Adaephon, Warlock of Freeport
Freejazzlive is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-25-2012, 01:25 PM   #3
ZUES

Loremaster

Freejazzlive wrote:

ZUES wrote:

I don't know if he's curing "arcane," but I see both my Inqui & my Templar casting cure spells all the time.

They do cure, very well actually. The problem is their not curing arcane. If you get charmed your done. Charmed is arcane right?

Old 09-25-2012, 03:43 PM   #4
Freejazzlive

Loremaster

ZUES wrote:

Freejazzlive wrote:

ZUES wrote:

They do cure, very well actually. The problem is their not curing arcane. If you get charmed your done. Charmed is arcane right?

I haven't run into any mobs that have tried to charm any of my characters so far, so I can't answer this. Admittedly I've not paid that close of attention to what they're actually curing, & I don't recall them saying, "Curing XXX type of affect," but instead just "curing detriments from so-&-so," or something like that. I'll try to watch out for this when I next log in.

But I do agree, if they're not curing arcane, that's an issue.

Golgi Apparati, Swashbuckler of Freeport

Aheedi Adaephon, Warlock of Freeport
Freejazzlive is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-25-2012, 03:56 PM   #5
Finora

Tester

ZUES wrote:

I've never used the defiler and haven't pulled out the warden on the char that has her in a while so I can't recall if she did then.

I had Stamper out last night however and he was curing everything, arcane included,  like a champ.  I had the dwarf templar out last week and also had no issues with him. Now that being said, I have not really fought any mobs that charm with a merc. I can't see any reason why they would treat charm any differently than other arcane effects though.

The barbarian mystic apparently doesn't know he has a cure ability at all though =/. My berserkers going to be trading him in for a rat or dwarf if he's not fixed soon.

Finora is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-25-2012, 03:56 PM   #6
Ulrichvon

Loremaster

ZUES wrote:

Charmed is not always arcane.

Sometimes an arcane is a charm, like in PR, but there are plenty of charms that are not arcane and/or can not be cured.

Old 09-25-2012, 04:02 PM   #7
ZUES

Loremaster

Ulrichvon wrote:

ZUES wrote:

Sometimes an arcane is a charm, like in PR, but there are plenty of charms that are not arcane and/or can not be cured.

Shard of Love, Chardok Spider Queen, PR, SoH, etc. all have fights with a curable arcane charm. But the mercs wont cure it. Go try and get charmed and see what I mean. Perhaps it's situational and random but I just ran three PR runs and a Shard of Hate run (Hallway fight in PR and first named on left in SoH). All were curable, but went uncured. This was the case last week too. Good thing I was two boxing them.

Old 09-25-2012, 04:28 PM   #8
Tylia
Server: Butcherblock
Guild: Test of Time

Loremaster

ZUES wrote:

Ulrichvon wrote:

ZUES wrote:

Shard of Love, Chardok Spider Queen, PR, SoH, etc. all have fights with a curable arcane charm. But the mercs wont cure it. Go try and get charmed and see what I mean. Perhaps it's situational and random but I just ran three PR runs and a Shard of Hate run (Hallway fight in PR and first named on left in SoH). All were curable, but went uncured. This was the case last week too. Good thing I was two boxing them.

Did you have your merc set to protect or assist you?  Was it attacking when you were charmed?  I ask because sometimes a charm will reset an encounter if there are no other characters hitting the mob that charmed you (Shard of Love flying bug for example), so you would want to make sure the merc was hitting the mob.  For that fight, I always set my Inquis merc to protect me and I have never had a problem of not being cured.

Tylia is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-25-2012, 04:31 PM   #9
LordPazuzu

Loremaster

If you're charmed, that means the merc is getting beat on which is why it's not curing you.  It's in self defense mode.  As soon as the merc is done being beat on it'll go back to pretty much ignoring it's own life bar in favor of yours.  Mercs don't multitask well.

LordPazuzu is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-25-2012, 07:12 PM   #10
Proud_Silence

Loremaster

ZUES wrote:

Ulrichvon wrote:

ZUES wrote:

Using both stamper (inqui) and the inqui archon on my bruiser, warlock and assassin to molo soh, and they all cure the charm. Their spells have re use timers, and if they are getting beat on too hard, will just spam heals on themselves. once they reach 100% hp for 2 or 3 sec, they cure as usual.

and on a side note, some tso raid encounters have a charm which is a curse.

Proud_Silence is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-25-2012, 08:39 PM   #11
shadowscale

Forum Dragon

i had the elite merc from witherdlands for a time, was by far the worst cureing have ever seen from a healer, couldent even save themself.

shadowscale is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-25-2012, 09:19 PM   #12
Deago

Loremaster

Not sure if it is arcane but on my inq I use Stamper merc to take down contested mistmoore and his charm is cured amongst many other things lol.

Old 09-26-2012, 01:57 AM   #13
zehly

Loremaster

If the charm is curable, you can cure yourself or pot-cure it.

Savior Niekko, 92/320 Templar

Sir Trixle, ??/??? Brigand
zehly is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-26-2012, 05:28 AM   #14
Luhai

Loremaster

I frequently run SoH with my Inquisitor merc.

I'm pretty sure the charm from Master P'Tasa is arcane based. Every time I get charmed the merc will cure it within 2 seconds.

Old 09-27-2012, 02:44 PM   #15
SteelPiston

Loremaster

[email protected] wrote:

ZUES wrote:

The barbarian mystic apparently doesn't know he has a cure ability at all though =/. My berserkers going to be trading him in for a rat or dwarf if he's not fixed soon.

I like the mystic on my pet classes for the group wards, but he sure is lazy. He'll let you get under 50% health before he'll even consider giving you a heal and I don't think he's heard about cures. He NEVER cures.

Old 09-27-2012, 03:15 PM   #16
Chronus1

Loremaster

zehly wrote:

If the charm is curable, you can cure yourself or pot-cure it.

Not sure if trolling, or just doesn't understand the difference between charmed and stun/stifle/fear/mezz/etc...

Old 09-27-2012, 03:33 PM   #17
Rainmare
Server: Oasis
Guild: Pillage

Loremaster

maybe in pvp or something. but in pve when your charmed, you can't do anything. no pot curing, or self cures. either something cures you, or it wears off.

Rainmare is offline   Reply With Quote