EQ2 Forum Archive @ EQ2Wire

Go Back   EQ2 Forum Archive @ EQ2Wire > EverQuest II > General EverQuest II Discussion > General Gameplay Discussion
Members List Search Mark Forums Read

Notices

Old 08-26-2012, 02:50 PM   #1
Sanjir

Loremaster

Would really like to see a Third Party, or a Third Ruler to rise up and cause more of a Conflict/Trade Agreements under the table so to speak between the Two Major Cities of Freeport and Qeynos.  I believe Maj'Dul would be the perfect city because it is a Neutral city, hasn't seen much player action lately, and would give a new rise to a whole bunch of new quests, dungeons, raids, etc.

You could have spy mission trades between all cities, and even run blackmarket goods between these cities as couriers, where other factions might try to stop you from succeeding in your mission.  And for each successful run you could get City Tokens that you could then buy something either in those cities, or off the Blackmarket, whether it is a new set of Armor, Weapons, Craftable Items, Mounts, or Household Items.

But let us see how this as a story arc and new Lore would affect the other two main cities who are already under a lot of strain.  Would it put too much on the back of Luclin and Antonia where they might end up falling and a new King or Queen shall take their place, or would they stand tall and survive as best as they have been, but only hanging on to their power by a thread?! 

Torgun Ironaxe, Dwarf Guardian, Antonia Bayle server

Restoration Guild
Sanjir is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-26-2012, 03:33 PM   #2
Halo of G4

Loremaster

Adding a third major player city won't happen. So many major priority issues at foot that needs to focused on first. On top of that, the devs (most notably SJ and Holly) have shown they simply don't care for anything other then Stationcash and desperate gimmick features.

Interesting idea though, but way too late to put into the game or considered.

Added Raid Zone:

The Goldrush: Dwell into the depths of RED base to defeat the Heavy, a powerful foe that even the Nameless fears.

Halo of G4 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-26-2012, 03:33 PM   #3
Zygar

Loremaster

92 Provisioner
Befallen (Oasis) Server

Zygar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-26-2012, 04:03 PM   #4
SisterTheresa

The Vigilant

Shame if they don't consider the idea at least.  Maj Dul was one of the cities they put in the game with so much potential that went to waste.

Neutral races could have even started there.

I do like the idea, but yes ... I am sad to say certain other things have come to their attention.

But never know ... pigs might fly eventually!

Old 08-26-2012, 04:18 PM   #5
Deago

Loremaster

Majdul warfare on Qeynos...I can see it now "x4 Aladdin is flying on his carpet dropping bombs!!!"    SMILEY j/k

Old 08-26-2012, 06:01 PM   #6
foodcity

Philosopher

ridolain:

"But never know ... pigs might fly eventually!"

http://sigrdrifa1.deviantart.com/ga...scraps#/d59s2t0 just had to post this, lol

Old 08-26-2012, 06:35 PM   #7
Sanjir

Loremaster

It is never too late.  Let the voice of the people be heard!

Yes there are other areas that need attention, but there is always hope for the next Expansion that it will include some groundbreaking lore, areas, traps, dungeons, raids, etc.

There is so much potential at SOE and here in the Community that it would be a shame to not tap into all of that hidden talent.  Come on SOE you have an entire community that could help out, just have to Hire Us SMILEY

Restoration Guild
Old 08-26-2012, 07:45 PM   #8
Malleria

Loremaster

Both cities armies currently deployed in the Withered Lands/Skyshrine trying to stop a world ending invasion by a super dragon... but STOP! Hold the phone! Some Maj'Dul trade baron is taking a cut of our grain shipments!

Malleria is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-27-2012, 12:02 AM   #9
The_Cheeseman

Loremaster

Yeah, there is plenty going on right now politically, what with the formation of the New Combine alliance. I'm not sure Maj'Dul is really in a position to be a major player on the world stage of Norrath, since the most recent events there involved the entire city being temporarily occupied by orcs and the installation of a new ruler. The Prince may have had legitimate claim to the throne following the Vizir's death, but that doesn't mean all the cities factions are suddenly going to drop their longstanding factional rivalries and instantly get along under his leadership. Besides, I find it hard to believe that a city built on top of a mountain in the middle of a desert island and only reachable via flying carpet could ever become a major trading hub. I mean, at least Neriak had the sense to install magical portals in their harbor.

Old 08-27-2012, 03:40 AM   #10
General_Info

Lord

The_Cheeseman wrote:

The Prince may have had legitimate claim to the throne following the Vizir's death, but that doesn't mean all the cities factions are suddenly going to drop their longstanding factional rivalries and instantly get along under his leadership. Besides, I find it hard to believe that a city built on top of a mountain in the middle of a desert island and only reachable via flying carpet could ever become a major trading hub. I mean, at least Neriak had the sense to install magical portals in their harbor.

Yeah i get the feeling it'll be a case of the prince being in charge but having to comprimize in somejudgements in order to keep the factions from fighting amongst themselves.

As for the city enterance issue you should know city plans change every so often and it wouldn't be a stretch of imagination if they set up portals to transport cargo and people up to the city.

Old 08-27-2012, 07:46 AM   #11
tomsky

Loremaster

Nathan Ironforge and the Gnolls to take over.

Old 08-27-2012, 11:40 AM   #12
Cyliena
Server: Everfrost
Guild: Crusaders of Neriak

Fansite Staff

Zygar wrote:

/threadwin

I'd vote for Qho.

Cyliena is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-27-2012, 06:39 PM   #13
Mixxit
Server: Nagafen

Loremaster

Would like to see Highpass return for such a role SMILEY They have vast wealth of the far seas trade company and they were always in the middle ground on eq1 situated perfectly between qeynos and freeport

Alluvial, Order of Thunder @ Antonia Bayle

Maintainer of Lore of Norrath

Need lore? EQ Timeline

Mixxit is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-27-2012, 07:48 PM   #14
Gadfly299

Lord

Sadly, looking at the map, it appears that the entire mountain range that Highpass was in is gone.  When the Underfoot collapsed, those ranges fell into the sea.  So no Highpass for now, unless they adapted underwater city life.  Merfolk.

Gadfly299 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-27-2012, 08:14 PM   #15
TheSpin

Loremaster

Gadfly299 wrote:

Sadly, looking at the map, it appears that the entire mountain range that Highpass was in is gone.  When the Underfoot collapsed, those ranges fell into the sea.  So no Highpass for now, unless they adapted underwater city life.  Merfolk.

The map only contains the 'known' landmasses since the shattering.  That doesn't meant there aren't more out there.  In fact, the last I heard, Highpass is the HQ for the Far Seas Trading Co. and they have worked hard to keep its location secret.

TheSpin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-27-2012, 09:04 PM   #16
Opeij

Master

TheSpin wrote:

Gadfly299 wrote:

The map only contains the 'known' landmasses since the shattering.  That doesn't meant there aren't more out there.  In fact, the last I heard, Highpass is the HQ for the Far Seas Trading Co. and they have worked hard to keep its location secret.

Do I hear the introduction of a long far seas tradeskill questline that ends in some nice tradeskill gear? A third city specifically for trading would fall right into the far seas trading company's jurisdiction!

And for keeping it secret, you need to do a decently long questline to earn their trust to access the city. The quests would scale to tradeskill levels, and give quite a lot of exp (both tradeskill and AA).

I think it'd be lots of fun, with lots of lore behind it.

Opeij is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-28-2012, 03:09 AM   #17
Rainmare
Server: Oasis
Guild: Pillage

Loremaster

Highpass Hold  does exist still. it's the HQ for the FSTC. who are the 'third power' right now. basically the FSTC owns the oceans. they own all the trade routes, they own the most ships, they have the biggest naval presence and they know it. in fact the 'starter isles' disappearing was the FSTC breaking the Pact of Tserrin and telling both major cities that they refused to play ferry anymore.

even in the Qeynos city quests they have a section where the Queen has to go and negotiate with them to help with thier supplies.

I'm sure the FSTC will get more limelight later...and it'll probably become a East India Trading Co. type villian.

Rainmare is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-28-2012, 10:38 AM   #18
Halo of G4

Loremaster

TheSpin wrote:

Gadfly299 wrote:

Not to mention that the maps change over time. Example: The Old Map System and the New Map System UI. Some islands got a little larger, some islands moved to different locations. Most notable Lucan and Kerran. Nektulos moved to a different location slighty down to the left and Kerran moved down literally under antonica. Also Kunark was flattened as well. So Farsea probably supplies the maps, probably adjusts them over time on what is discovered.

Old One

http://www.mmorpg-info.org/wp-conte...2008/08/map.jpg

New One

http://stylishcorpse.files.wordpres.../world_bell.jpg

Added Raid Zone:

The Goldrush: Dwell into the depths of RED base to defeat the Heavy, a powerful foe that even the Nameless fears.

Old 08-28-2012, 04:08 PM   #19
LordPazuzu

Loremaster

Personally, I'd like to see Maj'Dul become more of a hub for the game.  Kind of like the old PoK.  It's a large, neutral city.

Right now the hub of the game is a 50 diameter circle of burning grass.

LordPazuzu is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-28-2012, 10:48 PM   #20
Sanjir

Loremaster

You are right, I completely forgot about the High Pass Keep and Far Seas Trading Company.  That is a great idea with the quest lines and building faction in order to find their HQ.

Yes it is interesting how islands move abit, or at least the details of the maps change.  I look forward to more unique areas popping up on the maps to explore.

See SOE, told you there there is a lot of great potential here with your customers and we would all love a job working for EverQuest 2!  At least I would! SMILEY

Restoration Guild
Old 08-29-2012, 11:00 PM   #21
Deago

Loremaster

I want an expansion like "Turtles in Time" for the snes where we get sent back to teh days of the Gods etc....

"Prehistoric Norrathisaurus"  SMILEY SMILEY SMILEY

Old 08-30-2012, 04:35 PM   #22
Halo of G4

Loremaster

So in other words EQ1's Seeds of Destruction expansion?

Added Raid Zone:

Old 08-30-2012, 08:35 PM   #23
Sanjir

Loremaster

Well it would be cool to have a quest that sent you back through time through the Portals in order to stop someone.  Say for example to stop Queen Antonia from ever arriving to take her seat in Qeynos, or to stop Luclin from ever becoming Immortal.

Those would be fun quests, but of course we already know that the outcome would always be the same in regards to Antonia would be queen, and Luclin would be immortal.  But to just play on that alternative side of the game, and to see how the other side tried to manipulate the system and create their own unique anarchy.  Also would be nice to get special items from these quests, like Lore BOE items something like "Ancient Bow of Karana".

Restoration Guild