EQ2 Forum Archive @ EQ2Wire

 

Go Back   EQ2 Forum Archive @ EQ2Wire > EverQuest II > General EverQuest II Discussion > PVP Discussion
Members List Search Mark Forums Read

Notices

Reply
 
Thread Tools
Old 07-31-2012, 01:53 PM   #1
Kulav
Server: Nagafen
Guild: Thats How We Roll
Rank: Senior Member

Loremaster
 
Join Date: Jan 2006
Posts: 16
Default

Pretty sure this is broke and I have been told its not just t10 its every tier.

Kulav is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-31-2012, 03:16 PM   #2
Notsovilepriest
Server: Nagafen
Guild: Ill Gotten Gain
Rank: Raider

Loremaster
Notsovilepriest's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2005
Posts: 2,184
Default

If this is what it is like with 100% crit, could you imagine it without?
__________________
Notsovilepriest is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-31-2012, 03:19 PM   #3
Cherri
Server: Befallen
Guild: Arch Nemesis
Rank: Member

Loremaster
Cherri's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2007
Posts: 49
Default

Heals are not the same strength in PVP as they are in PVE.

My hots dont put players to max hp after before the first tic even happens in PVP. There are already very few healers PVPing as it is, could you imagine how many there will be if they reduce their healing even further ?

Cherri is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-31-2012, 03:33 PM   #4
Kulav
Server: Nagafen
Guild: Thats How We Roll
Rank: Senior Member

Loremaster
 
Join Date: Jan 2006
Posts: 16
Default

Right and I dont crit on every CA so why should you crit on every heal thats not a proc? and there are some healers out there who have some insane HPS and can put out the DPS Kayso for example..two rangers fighting him who put out roughly the same dps..cant get past his wards and he can put out about 1k dps pvp.

Kulav is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-31-2012, 03:34 PM   #5
Kulav
Server: Nagafen
Guild: Thats How We Roll
Rank: Senior Member

Loremaster
 
Join Date: Jan 2006
Posts: 16
Default

No[email protected] wrote:

If this is what it is like with 100% crit, could you imagine it without?

I would imagine it would be alot easier to kill a group.

Kulav is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-31-2012, 03:45 PM   #6
Notsovilepriest
Server: Nagafen
Guild: Ill Gotten Gain
Rank: Raider

Loremaster
Notsovilepriest's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2005
Posts: 2,184
Default

[email protected] wrote:

[email protected] wrote:

If this is what it is like with 100% crit, could you imagine it without?

I would imagine it would be alot easier to kill a group.

It's hard now? No healer can solo heal a group with that much reliability against anyone organized at all. You want to make it even harder than that?

__________________
Notsovilepriest is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-31-2012, 03:52 PM   #7
Kulav
Server: Nagafen
Guild: Thats How We Roll
Rank: Senior Member

Loremaster
 
Join Date: Jan 2006
Posts: 16
Default

No but you add a second healer..which every group I have ran into lately seems to have..and the group is almost unkillable unless you have the upper hand with more mages than scouts. Which is alot lately..more mages in the past week than ive seen since I have been back.

Kulav is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-31-2012, 04:11 PM   #8
Yimway

Loremaster
Yimway's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2005
Posts: 9,707
Default

[email protected] wrote:

No but you add a second healer..which every group I have ran into lately seems to have..and the group is almost unkillable unless you have the upper hand with more mages than scouts. Which is alot lately..more mages in the past week than ive seen since I have been back.

Yeah, but they're fixing mages instead of addressing heals.  I understand a semi-serious pass was done on certain abilities/procs hitting for pve damage in pvp...

__________________
Yimway is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-31-2012, 04:24 PM   #9
Kulav
Server: Nagafen
Guild: Thats How We Roll
Rank: Senior Member

Loremaster
 
Join Date: Jan 2006
Posts: 16
Default

[email protected] wrote:

[email protected] wrote:

No but you add a second healer..which every group I have ran into lately seems to have..and the group is almost unkillable unless you have the upper hand with more mages than scouts. Which is alot lately..more mages in the past week than ive seen since I have been back.

Yeah, but they're fixing mages instead of addressing heals.  I understand a semi-serious pass was done on certain abilities/procs hitting for pve damage in pvp...

it all needs to be addressed for "Balance" as they call it.

Kulav is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-31-2012, 05:41 PM   #10
Daalilama
Server: Nagafen
Guild: Illuminati
Rank: Senior Officer

Loremaster
Daalilama's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2006
Posts: 437
Default

[email protected] wrote:

[email protected] wrote:

[email protected] wrote:

If this is what it is like with 100% crit, could you imagine it without?

I would imagine it would be alot easier to kill a group.

It's hard now? No healer can solo heal a group with that much reliability against anyone organized at all. You want to make it even harder than that?

Given that our new pvp dev seesm to believe pvp fights should not last longer than 5 mins...I do expect a nerf to healers even more than the garbage  he put in...he gets props for the size of pvp update but a complete fail on the particulars...sadly I forsee this leading to a nerf or removal of healer rezes in pvp...yes I know people will laugh but then again its not like they ever pushed to live against pages of community feedback to not push it seperate gear for pvp and pve...ohh wait nevermind.

Daalilama is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-01-2012, 01:57 AM   #11
Proud_Silence

Loremaster
Proud_Silence's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2005
Posts: 342
Default

the entire pvp stat system is a complete mess, i mean seriously, can anyone show me a ui that displays a solid chart of my pvp effective stats ? How can sony even release this GU and just ignore crucial information like that ?

I have no clue whatsoever, what determines whether or not i crit in pvp. do i need 100 crit ? 400 ? 1000 ? or does it not matter at all because it's my lethality vs opponents toughness ??

resist ? do they work ? i think raising my fire resist from 46 to 55 at lvl 18 back in 2004 gave me better mitigation against fire nukes from gnolls then raising it from 30'000 to 40'000 these days in pvp.

How exactly do all the PVE stats convert to pvp ? Switching from raid gear to T2 pvp gear seems to have absolutely no effect on performance. Can a developer confirm that it's intended for raid gear to be pretty much equal to the pvp gear ? if not superior ? since there's still a lot of PVE procs working in pvp.

Healers are already extremely powerful, sooner or later they'll have T3 gear and quite a chunk of toughness/lethality which will boost survivability and potency of heals even more. Having them crit 100% while the rest of the classes have some mysterious chance to crit or not, will only widen the gap between winning while sleeping and getting annihilated.

Proud_Silence is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-01-2012, 03:47 AM   #12
Kulav
Server: Nagafen
Guild: Thats How We Roll
Rank: Senior Member

Loremaster
 
Join Date: Jan 2006
Posts: 16
Default

Proud_Silence wrote:

the entire pvp stat system is a complete mess, i mean seriously, can anyone show me a ui that displays a solid chart of my pvp effective stats ? How can sony even release this GU and just ignore crucial information like that ?

I have no clue whatsoever, what determines whether or not i crit in pvp. do i need 100 crit ? 400 ? 1000 ? or does it not matter at all because it's my lethality vs opponents toughness ??

resist ? do they work ? i think raising my fire resist from 46 to 55 at lvl 18 back in 2004 gave me better mitigation against fire nukes from gnolls then raising it from 30'000 to 40'000 these days in pvp.

How exactly do all the PVE stats convert to pvp ? Switching from raid gear to T2 pvp gear seems to have absolutely no effect on performance. Can a developer confirm that it's intended for raid gear to be pretty much equal to the pvp gear ? if not superior ? since there's still a lot of PVE procs working in pvp.

Healers are already extremely powerful, sooner or later they'll have T3 gear and quite a chunk of toughness/lethality which will boost survivability and potency of heals even more. Having them crit 100% while the rest of the classes have some mysterious chance to crit or not, will only widen the gap between winning while sleeping and getting annihilated.

The default UI displays just fine. And Top tier raid gear is better than pvp gear..regardless of the missing toughness and lethality

Kulav is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-01-2012, 04:47 AM   #13
Peak
Server: Nagafen
Guild: Slice of Life
Rank: Trinity

Loremaster
Peak's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2005
Posts: 501
Default

[email protected] wrote:

Proud_Silence wrote:

the entire pvp stat system is a complete mess, i mean seriously, can anyone show me a ui that displays a solid chart of my pvp effective stats ? How can sony even release this GU and just ignore crucial information like that ?

I have no clue whatsoever, what determines whether or not i crit in pvp. do i need 100 crit ? 400 ? 1000 ? or does it not matter at all because it's my lethality vs opponents toughness ??

resist ? do they work ? i think raising my fire resist from 46 to 55 at lvl 18 back in 2004 gave me better mitigation against fire nukes from gnolls then raising it from 30'000 to 40'000 these days in pvp.

How exactly do all the PVE stats convert to pvp ? Switching from raid gear to T2 pvp gear seems to have absolutely no effect on performance. Can a developer confirm that it's intended for raid gear to be pretty much equal to the pvp gear ? if not superior ? since there's still a lot of PVE procs working in pvp.

Healers are already extremely powerful, sooner or later they'll have T3 gear and quite a chunk of toughness/lethality which will boost survivability and potency of heals even more. Having them crit 100% while the rest of the classes have some mysterious chance to crit or not, will only widen the gap between winning while sleeping and getting annihilated.

The default UI displays just fine. And Top tier raid gear is better than pvp gear..regardless of the missing toughness and lethality

Hardly.

__________________
Peak is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-01-2012, 05:10 AM   #14
Twinbladed
Server: Nagafen
Guild: Illuminati
Rank: Raider

Loremaster
Twinbladed's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2006
Posts: 468
Default

There not exactly hard to kill I don't see the issue even if this isn't a bug.

Twinbladed is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-01-2012, 05:31 AM   #15
Peak
Server: Nagafen
Guild: Slice of Life
Rank: Trinity

Loremaster
Peak's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2005
Posts: 501
Default

[email protected] wrote:

There not exactly hard to kill I don't see the issue even if this isn't a bug.

Honestly, if you just get on them it becomes 100 times harder to heal.

Shamans may be much stronger than they were before, but only with the support of a second healer and only if they're left alone.

Still tons of interrupts.

__________________
Peak is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-01-2012, 08:52 AM   #16
Daalilama
Server: Nagafen
Guild: Illuminati
Rank: Senior Officer

Loremaster
Daalilama's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2006
Posts: 437
Default

[email protected] wrote:

[email protected] wrote:

There not exactly hard to kill I don't see the issue even if this isn't a bug.

Honestly, if you just get on them it becomes 100 times harder to heal.

Shamans may be much stronger than they were before, but only with the support of a second healer and only if they're left alone.

Still tons of interrupts.

Exactly...I mean how much more would people like to adjust ("nerf") healers for pvp...people whinning bout not being able to kill a group either quick enough or at all because the healers are doing their job and wish them nerfed is an old, hollow and false argument...LTP you class better.

Daalilama is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-01-2012, 11:18 AM   #17
Kulav
Server: Nagafen
Guild: Thats How We Roll
Rank: Senior Member

Loremaster
 
Join Date: Jan 2006
Posts: 16
Default

Notice how its people who play a healer that think its ok? You wouldnt like it if I crit on every CA right? Or if a mage crit on every spell..no..that'd be op. But the 100% crit on heals..thats fine.

Kulav is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-01-2012, 11:32 AM   #18
Laenai
Server: Oasis
Guild: Tyranny
Rank: Raider

Loremaster
 
Join Date: May 2005
Posts: 634
Default

[email protected] wrote:

Notice how its people who play a healer that think its ok? You wouldnt like it if I crit on every CA right? Or if a mage crit on every spell..no..that'd be op. But the 100% crit on heals..thats fine.

Um. I stopped healing in BGs because it was pointless and silly to do so. My DPS as a healer is as or more effective than my heals are. Its pretty sad, actually.

Healing in a BG is a waste of time.

__________________
Laenai is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-01-2012, 11:37 AM   #19
EvilAstroboy

Loremaster
EvilAstroboy's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2006
Posts: 317
Default

Maybe they can have a look at it after they stop procs and summoner pets from doing full damage and destroying people in PvP.

EvilAstroboy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-01-2012, 11:57 AM   #20
Delethen
Server: Mistmoore
Guild: Arch of Chaos
Rank: Muad'Dib

Loremaster
 
Join Date: Nov 2004
Posts: 215
Default

[email protected] wrote:

Notice how its people who play a healer that think its ok? You wouldnt like it if I crit on every CA right? Or if a mage crit on every spell..no..that'd be op. But the 100% crit on heals..thats fine.

I don't play a healer and I have no problem with them being able to 100% crit on heals right now.  There would be nobody left playing them - most priest archetypes are having trouble staying alive as it is from what i've seen, reducing their crit chance to the mid 40s on heals would just be an instant death sentence.

Delethen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-01-2012, 12:33 PM   #21
Kulav
Server: Nagafen
Guild: Thats How We Roll
Rank: Senior Member

Loremaster
 
Join Date: Jan 2006
Posts: 16
Default

[email protected] wrote:

[email protected] wrote:

Notice how its people who play a healer that think its ok? You wouldnt like it if I crit on every CA right? Or if a mage crit on every spell..no..that'd be op. But the 100% crit on heals..thats fine.

I don't play a healer and I have no problem with them being able to 100% crit on heals right now.  There would be nobody left playing them - most priest archetypes are having trouble staying alive as it is from what i've seen, reducing their crit chance to the mid 40s on heals would just be an instant death sentence.

They have a problem staying alive because mage damage is so high and everyone focus' them..if healer dies..group dies faster.

Kulav is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-01-2012, 12:40 PM   #22
Delethen
Server: Mistmoore
Guild: Arch of Chaos
Rank: Muad'Dib

Loremaster
 
Join Date: Nov 2004
Posts: 215
Default

[email protected] wrote:

[email protected] wrote:

[email protected] wrote:

Notice how its people who play a healer that think its ok? You wouldnt like it if I crit on every CA right? Or if a mage crit on every spell..no..that'd be op. But the 100% crit on heals..thats fine.

I don't play a healer and I have no problem with them being able to 100% crit on heals right now.  There would be nobody left playing them - most priest archetypes are having trouble staying alive as it is from what i've seen, reducing their crit chance to the mid 40s on heals would just be an instant death sentence.

They have a problem staying alive because mage damage is so high and everyone focus' them..if healer dies..group dies faster.

It's not correct to blame that on mage damage, there are an awful lot of scouts out there right now that have few problems in blowing away healers if they dont get taunted off.

Delethen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-01-2012, 12:51 PM   #23
Yimway

Loremaster
Yimway's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2005
Posts: 9,707
Default

Fixing heals before fixing some of the obvious dps abnormalities would be pretty bad.

__________________
Yimway is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-01-2012, 02:29 PM   #24
Kulav
Server: Nagafen
Guild: Thats How We Roll
Rank: Senior Member

Loremaster
 
Join Date: Jan 2006
Posts: 16
Default

[email protected] wrote:

[email protected] wrote:

[email protected] wrote:

[email protected] wrote:

Notice how its people who play a healer that think its ok? You wouldnt like it if I crit on every CA right? Or if a mage crit on every spell..no..that'd be op. But the 100% crit on heals..thats fine.

I don't play a healer and I have no problem with them being able to 100% crit on heals right now.  There would be nobody left playing them - most priest archetypes are having trouble staying alive as it is from what i've seen, reducing their crit chance to the mid 40s on heals would just be an instant death sentence.

They have a problem staying alive because mage damage is so high and everyone focus' them..if healer dies..group dies faster.

It's not correct to blame that on mage damage, there are an awful lot of scouts out there right now that have few problems in blowing away healers if they dont get taunted off.

You're right I have no problem blowing up a healer..that is in crappy gear..put them in the Faction gear (or t2-t3 pvp gear) that they should be wearing and its a different story it takes alot longer.

Kulav is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-01-2012, 03:18 PM   #25
Freejazzlive

Loremaster
Freejazzlive's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2010
Location: Foster's Home For Imaginary Friends
Posts: 704
Default

[email protected] wrote:

Fixing heals before fixing some of the obvious dps abnormalities would be pretty bad.

I agree with this, & also think that if heal crits are going to be nerfed, then it should only apply on the PvP servers.

FWIW, my only Naggy character is a Conjuror.

__________________
Talechaser Tuckpaw, Troubadour of Freeport

Golgi Apparati, Swashbuckler of Freeport

Aheedi Adaephon, Warlock of Freeport
Freejazzlive is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-01-2012, 03:41 PM   #26
Daalilama
Server: Nagafen
Guild: Illuminati
Rank: Senior Officer

Loremaster
Daalilama's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2006
Posts: 437
Default

Freejazzlive wrote:

[email protected] wrote:

Fixing heals before fixing some of the obvious dps abnormalities would be pretty bad.

I agree with this, & also think that if heal crits are going to be nerfed, then it should only apply on the PvP servers.

FWIW, my only Naggy character is a Conjuror.

You are not only delusional that this nerf is needed but are exceptionally ill informed that this wont include the bg's.  As for your naggy conjy its only a lvl 13.

Daalilama is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-01-2012, 04:45 PM   #27
Kulav
Server: Nagafen
Guild: Thats How We Roll
Rank: Senior Member

Loremaster
 
Join Date: Jan 2006
Posts: 16
Default

[email protected] wrote:

Freejazzlive wrote:

[email protected] wrote:

Fixing heals before fixing some of the obvious dps abnormalities would be pretty bad.

I agree with this, & also think that if heal crits are going to be nerfed, then it should only apply on the PvP servers.

FWIW, my only Naggy character is a Conjuror.

You are not only delusional that this nerf is needed but are exceptionally ill informed that this wont include the bg's.  As for your naggy conjy its only a lvl 13.

That would be silly not to include it on the BG servers. And I still dont see why you think its ok for heals to crit 100% other than you being a healer class...

Kulav is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-01-2012, 05:50 PM   #28
Vlahkmaak
Server: Venekor
Guild: Opus Dei
Rank: Captain

Loremaster
Vlahkmaak's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2005
Location: Yucaipa, CA
Posts: 1,213
Default

I also do not play a healer as a main but I have no issues with how they currently work (other than the random bg healers who refuse to heal tanks that taunt and just run off like some solo scout leaving em to die).  Once mage dps issues get a pass over then CC should become more important in grp/grp encounters.

__________________
Obin 92 Iksar Necro Opus Dei Nagafen

Vlahkmaak 92 Troll Guardian Nagafen

Dwyrm 92 Dwarf Paladin Nagafen

Shoofaug 92 Iksar bruiser Nagafen

Vlah 92 Troll Inqy Nagafen

Vlahk 50 SK Nagafen

Glavlahnus 92 Woodelf Ranger, betrayed and back again

Cructik 92 TROLL BL Nagafen
Vlahkmaak is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-01-2012, 10:53 PM   #29
Baackdoor

Hero
Baackdoor's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2012
Posts: 27
Default

I have 0 problem with the heals atm, shamans pretty good right now. but my assassin has no problem working geared healers over.

Imagine how it'd be if I had skyshrine faction gear O.o

__________________
Originally Posted by Beandip



Devils, Every second of effort you've ever put into this video game has resulted in sheer failure, having you saying you just need a good monk is comparable to a [Removed for Content] saying you just need smarts.
Baackdoor is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-02-2012, 06:36 PM   #30
Twinbladed
Server: Nagafen
Guild: Illuminati
Rank: Raider

Loremaster
Twinbladed's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2006
Posts: 468
Default

I didn't know I was on top of the heal parce with my assassin.......

Anyways the above are right, if you know how to use control effects against a healer it is a cake walk. For that matter I think they have been actually pressed on to hard, let them crit all they need to. 

One thing I have noticed and this goes for majority all the complaining about everything new. You will not know the outcome of this whole revamp until everyone is on the same playing feild with pvp gear. When you get your t3 sets then start making your complaints, right now it is impossible to know who ends up being what because no one has everything.

Twinbladed is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Thread Tools

Forum Jump


All times are GMT. The time now is 02:29 AM.

vBulletin skin by: CompleteGFX.com
Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.7.5
Copyright ©2000 - 2020, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
All threads and posts originally from the EQ2 and Station forums operated by Sony Online Entertainment. Their use is by express written permission.