EQ2 Forum Archive @ EQ2Wire

Go Back   EQ2 Forum Archive @ EQ2Wire > EverQuest II > General EverQuest II Discussion > General Gameplay Discussion
Members List Search Mark Forums Read

Notices

Old 07-12-2012, 06:22 PM   #1
Sperit

Loremaster

I never cared to play Dungeon Maker as an Avatar and waited for the present chance to play as our characters.

I have a level 86, I'm F2P with poor gear, and when I que in all the mobs are 92-94 and they are tearing me apart.

Is there a way to lower the mobs levels to mine?

Thank you.

Sperit is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-12-2012, 07:10 PM   #2
gourdon

Loremaster

You have been enhanced to play against level 92 mobs, so they don't have to be reduced.  The problem is that you're near the level 92 end of the distribution and there is a huge gap between you and a Skyshrine geared level 92 with 320 AAs.  Since the Dungeon Maker was set up to prevent higher powered characters from just blowing through them, you are getting crushed.  As an alternative, you might want to try using a lower level alt or the avatars.  I have a level 56 monk in mastercrafted gear that does quite well in DM dungeons.  Likewise, my wife has reported better success with her lower level characters and her level 92 main, while her level 89 character struggles as well.

Old 07-12-2012, 07:36 PM   #3
Brigh

Loremaster

Some people design them to be hard too (not solo).

-Stephen Colbert

CoD3 double XP Rank Up promotion lesson for kids
Brigh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-12-2012, 08:29 PM   #4
Maevianiu

Developer

Sperit wrote:

I never cared to play Dungeon Maker as an Avatar and waited for the present chance to play as our characters.

I have a level 86, I'm F2P with poor gear, and when I que in all the mobs are 92-94 and they are tearing me apart.

Is there a way to lower the mobs levels to mine?

Thank you.

I checked the tables and the difficulty for level 86 and to a greater extent level 89s was way too high. Try again after game update 64 goes live and it should be much more fun for you.

Coder EQ2
Maevianiu is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-12-2012, 09:04 PM   #5
Sperit

Loremaster

Thank you all for the responses.

Sperit is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-13-2012, 12:36 PM   #6
Yimway

Loremaster

gourdon wrote:

You have been enhanced to play against level 92 mobs, so they don't have to be reduced.  The problem is that you're near the level 92 end of the distribution and there is a huge gap between you and a Skyshrine geared level 92 with 320 AAs.  Since the Dungeon Maker was set up to prevent higher powered characters from just blowing through them, you are getting crushed.  As an alternative, you might want to try using a lower level alt or the avatars.  I have a level 56 monk in mastercrafted gear that does quite well in DM dungeons.  Likewise, my wife has reported better success with her lower level characters and her level 92 main, while her level 89 character struggles as well.

This is just the dumbest thing really.

Its somehow not ok for high power players to roll thru DM, but its perfect fine for them to do so in all SoE delivered content.

SoE makes about as much sense as teets on a bull.