EQ2 Forum Archive @ EQ2Wire

Go Back   EQ2 Forum Archive @ EQ2Wire > EverQuest II > General EverQuest II Discussion > General Gameplay Discussion
Members List Search Mark Forums Read

Notices

Old 03-12-2012, 08:12 PM   #1
Troy

Loremaster

Last couple of weeks AB server seeing a most noticable decline in population at any given time. It use to be that doing a /who all (class) would cap at 100 for almost every class - now its about 25 per class. Am I missing a newer game out there?

Troy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-12-2012, 08:15 PM   #2
Vinyard
Server: Antonia Bayle

Loremaster

To a game that actually gets content updates, and not just RMT ones (I'm looking at you, Marketplace).

Not trolling. It's the truth. The lack of attention Adventuring is getting is at an all-time low. Mechanics are broken, not working, and out of control. Stat inflation is out of control. Communication with the devs on important GAMEPLAY issues is at an all-time low (not, the crafters and decoraters have communication going on weekly)

Vinyard is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-12-2012, 08:16 PM   #3
Wirewhisker
Guild: Collateral Damage

Loremaster

Troy wrote:

Last couple of weeks AB server seeing a most noticable decline in population at any given time. It use to be that doing a /who all (class) would cap at 100 for almost every class - now its about 25 per class. Am I missing a newer game out there?

No, you're missing that Antonia Bayle has a very high proportion of foreign players on it and owing to Sony's lack of timely communication, a lot of people have cut their ties over this PSS.1 thing.

Wirewhisker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-12-2012, 08:29 PM   #4
isest

Loremaster

It is just not AB I see it on guk as well. 

The main problems are lack of playable content, were getting plenty of marketplace content but high end raiders are quiting and leaving because they been there done that and are tired.

Then you got the entire prosieben deal look at the 211 pages of complaints that have yet to be answered with an honest answer.  Folks get tired of being taken advantage of.  That is the truth.

So that and other things like broken stats, broken bits of the game, and no clear direction of where they want to take the game; coupled with the loss of some of the dev staff from eq2 to eqnext.  Leaves you wondering if we are on maintenance mode.

I just don't think its one thing, I think its a host of problems all having a cumulative effect.

isest is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-12-2012, 09:08 PM   #5
S_M_I_T_E

Loremaster

Troy wrote:

Mass Effect 3 probably has some near term effect on log ins of non-raiders for the next 2 weeks.

S_M_I_T_E is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-12-2012, 10:48 PM   #6
TwistedFaith

Loremaster

No new content for what seems like forever and a general lack of anything new has destroyed EQ2. It is obvious to anyone who has played the game for more than a year or so that this game has declined rapidly over the last 12 months. I am actually shocked at how badly SOE has treated their customer base.

I am in a guild of 35 people, we literally have people login to raid 4 nights a week and insantly logoff until the next raid time. It's been that way for at least the past six months, however more recently we are seeing people simply quit. Guild loyalty/friendship will only go so far, without new content and the general stale attitude of EQ2 it's just going to get worse.

I would lay good money on this having a big effect on the marketplace sales also, I never used to spend much on marketplace items anyway but recently I don't even bother to look at what is new etc. What is the point when there's nothing to do in the game itself.

This game just needs new content (level advancement, new interesting AAs, new gear) everything seems so dull and stale atm.

TwistedFaith is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-12-2012, 11:06 PM   #7
Juravael

Loremaster

[email protected] Bayle wrote:

Troy wrote:

No, you're missing that Antonia Bayle has a very high proportion of foreign players on it and owing to Sony's lack of timely communication, a lot of people have cut their ties over this PSS.1 thing.

I think you are right.

Juravael is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-13-2012, 12:30 AM   #8
Blissa2362

Loremaster

Your not the only server experiencing a decline in pouplation. The Freeport server is seeing a decline in pouplation in the AM hours. But like the old saying says, you get back what you put in and lets face it. Sony hasent put any effort into this game for a long time.

Right now I am experiencing a problem with the UI, nothing works but the mobs can still beat on me and I am not link dead. After being on hold for 45 minutes, I talked to a tech guy that told me my PC was too new. And the game is made to run on old computers! REALLY SONY THATS YOUR BEST ANSWER TO THE PROBLEM!

Smoke Jumper said pay me what I am worth. And the current state of the game tells me its worth nothing. So I have cancled my 2 accounts and I will not be resubcribing until/if ever Sony does some bug fixing. The only time I plan on logging in is for social hour. If my friends are not on, the game isnt even worth using my computing power.

What really upsets me is I just got a brand new PC and after 7 years I can finally run the game on "very high quailty" and enjoy some eye candy. But the game is in the worst state that its ever been in. Honestly I am wondering how much more can go wrong before the game fails to start.

Greg

Blissa2362 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-13-2012, 12:32 AM   #9
S_M_I_T_E

Loremaster

TwistedFaith wrote:

Guild loyalty/friendship will only go so far....

This would be the source of the EQ1 and EQ2 raid centric business paradigm. 

Red's Theory:

Goal hijacking of casuals and groupers funneled to raiding creates social pressure to keep subscribing longer than content a particular individual has affinity for would naturally allow. 

Since this and new games will be F2P this is unecessary.  Each pillar of playstyle should be distinct and uncoupled much like BG was made uncoupled to PvE with the new gear changes. 

EQN should reconsider SOE policy adjustments to mechanics to obtain social compliance.  Often it is too tight until it obviously fails.     

It will be very interesting to see the target audience of EQN given the long tail data in EQ2.

S_M_I_T_E is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-13-2012, 01:11 AM   #10
Brigh

Loremaster

[email protected] Bazaar wrote:

Right now I am experiencing a problem with the UI, nothing works but the mobs can still beat on me and I am not link dead. After being on hold for 45 minutes, I talked to a tech guy that told me my PC was too new. And the game is made to run on old computers! REALLY SONY THATS YOUR BEST ANSWER TO THE PROBLEM!

Just because you hear one thing from one "tech guy" doesn't mean it is true.

Are you using the default UI? Did you reboot?

Did you ping the SoE server(s)?

-Stephen Colbert

CoD3 double XP Rank Up promotion lesson for kids
Brigh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-13-2012, 01:18 AM   #11
Blissa2362

Loremaster

Brigh wrote:

Yes I am using the defult UI and I have pinged SOE servers. It dosent do it all the time but when it does I am totaly screwed and can not do a thing until I back out of the game and restart the PC.

Like I told the Tech guy I played ME3 this weekend for 10hrs stright with out a single problem. So I know forsure that its not my PC. Its a EQ problem!

Blissa2362 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-13-2012, 03:44 AM   #12
Masako
Server: Crushbone
Guild: Vigilance

Loremaster

Brigh wrote:

Yes I am using the defult UI and I have pinged SOE servers. It dosent do it all the time but when it does I am totaly screwed and can not do a thing until I back out of the game and restart the PC.

Like I told the Tech guy I played ME3 this weekend for 10hrs stright with out a single problem. So I know forsure that its not my PC. Its a EQ problem!

I'm running EQ2 on a laptop that's a week old. Worked perfectly with default UI before I loaded Profit and not a single problem with it yet. Have you tried just reinstalling the game?

-| Master Carpenter and Decorator |-

Olisha - Necromancer - Crushbone | Nari - Illusionist - Crushbone | Xailah - Dirge - AB

Masako is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-13-2012, 05:54 AM   #13
Avirodar
Server: Oasis
Guild: Tyranny

Loremaster

Don't worry. SOE will make the game Free to Play, and the population will soar.Oh, wait...

Old 03-13-2012, 08:55 AM   #14
DamselInDistress

Champion

[email protected]sis wrote:

Don't worry. SOE will make the game Free to Play, and the population will soar.Oh, wait...

I hope they do it really fast,F2p is the future ...

Oh wait ...

DamselInDistress is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-13-2012, 12:26 PM   #15
SgtPmpkn

Loremaster

As a EQ2 player since its launch, and never taking a break for other games, etc, I can say the OP is entirely correct, and I am one of those players in the mix of barely logging in lately.  The past 2 years have seen the worst content in terms on longevity and drive for players to stay and log in.  I craft, solo quest, do group dungeons, and raid, and lately the only reason to log in is to do a daily, maybe raid, or if not if a group for 1 or 2 of the DoV instances.

Outside influences have also drawn alot of players out to other games, due to the unresponsiveness of the Devs to major game issues (broken raids, itemization, etc).  People have left for other games, even if its for a few months while SOE gets the next batch of content, leaves 2-3 months of dwindled population for those that only wish to play EQ2.  I can only see more exodus with the releases of ME3, GW2, Tera, and others in the pipeline.

Overall, I love EQ2, have since its release, but there needs to be a steady flow of viable content that sticks around to the next batch.  The current model phases out too much content once you get to a certain gear score.  There is very little drive to do many of the DoV instances, at this point and it causes boredom.  Can only hope to see some good things in DoV Part 2.

SgtPmpkn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-13-2012, 12:35 PM   #16
Laenai
Server: Oasis
Guild: Tyranny

Loremaster

I've played since launch. I find my logging in declining more and more lately.

Why?

I'm bored.

I log in to raid, which has become less and less appealing over the last few months.

I log in to play with one or two other people. That number used to be one- to two-hundred other people. Now its one or two.

No new content, old content with ridiculous bugs, marketplace being the new priority.....

EQ2 has become a big waste of time.

When folding laundry is interesting enough to take you out of game for a half hour "break"...not because you need to fold it, but because you have nothing better to do while logged in....the game is dead.

Old 03-13-2012, 12:36 PM   #17
Mohee

Lord

There was other people playing at some point?!

Eeee!!! I thought I was playing a single player RPG this whole time!!!

Heheh... but seriously, I seem to see less and less people everyday, no matter where I go.

EQ'ing since 1999
Mohee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-13-2012, 01:39 PM   #18
Tylia
Server: Butcherblock
Guild: Test of Time

Loremaster

How I wish for an EoF type expansion.  A new race to play, a new starting area, new quests for multiple tiers, new lands to explore, new instances to conquer, new raids to defeat... /sigh

Tylia is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-13-2012, 02:09 PM   #19
SOE-MOD-02

Community Moderator

This post has moved: /eq2/posts/preList.m?topic_id=49996...post_id=5730767 Trolling is not permitted on these forums.
Old 03-13-2012, 04:35 PM   #20
Odys
Server: Storms
Guild: Eternitalis

Loremaster

Yes time to move to something else.  A long post of me about this issue got quickly erased by the censors.

Soe is in denial.

We warned them, we asked mecanics to be fixed, classes to be reviewed and finally we gave up.

My post was mentionning too that i sued to have 100 friends on, now in the best case i have 5.

I will probably move to silver after a month or two raiding still a bit. Anyway those raids are not even fun and we will soon miss the roaster to do it.

I wonder when the decision to let the game rot was taken.

Old 03-13-2012, 04:50 PM   #21
Morrias
Guild: Dynasty Reborn

Loremaster

Yeah our guild lost a good bit of people, which I assumed was because of the fact we're a progression guild, that tends to happen, but it's worse than that. We lost all but one euro player when the alaplaya deal was announced, and people are just not logging in anymore, even on their main level 90 toons. (For those that we know their mains, not many admittedly) 

I also notice AB is running at about the same population level Oasis had after the merge, which was the whole reason I Xfer'd to AB in the first place.. :

This is what happens when you don't listen to your player-base! SJ has been the single worst producer in terms of content and communication. But probably the best in terms of profit, but what profit will you be making when no ones left playing EQ1/EQ2/EQ3 due to the lack of content and being flat out ignored by the developer team?

Well actually atleast SJ lied to us a couple times, Holly isn't even talking to us AT ALL, seriously what's up with that? Is she a ghost or something?

Morrias is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-13-2012, 04:58 PM   #22
dawy

Loremaster

[email protected] wrote:

How I wish for an EoF type expansion.  A new race to play, a new starting area, new quests for multiple tiers, new lands to explore, new instances to conquer, new raids to defeat... /sigh

Looking back on those glory days i couldnt see how the game could end up in the state its in at the moment,such a shame

dawy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-13-2012, 05:04 PM   #23
Ruut Li

Loremaster

This is what happens when you don't listen to your player-base! SJ has been the single worst producer in terms of content and communication. But probably the best in terms of profit, but what profit will you be making when no ones left playing EQ1/EQ2/EQ3 due to the lack of content and being flat out ignored by the developer team?

Well actually atleast SJ lied to us a couple times, Holly isn't even talking to us AT ALL, seriously what's up with that? Is she a ghost or something?

spot on.

Ruut Li is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-13-2012, 05:13 PM   #24
shots01

Lord

[email protected] wrote:

Why?

I'm bored.

I log in to raid, which has become less and less appealing over the last few months.

I log in to play with one or two other people. That number used to be one- to two-hundred other people. Now its one or two.

No new content, old content with ridiculous bugs, marketplace being the new priority.....

When folding laundry is interesting enough to take you out of game for a half hour "break"...not because you need to fold it, but because you have nothing better to do while logged in....the game is dead.

The game is not dead.  Oasis is dead.

Freeport is fine.

I have plenty to do.  Sorry you don't and sorry you are bored.

I really really feel mercs are destroying this game.

shots01 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-13-2012, 05:13 PM   #25
shots01

Lord

[email protected] wrote:

Queens Colony ftw!!!

Old 03-13-2012, 05:14 PM   #26
lillyofthevally

Loremaster

[email protected] wrote:

Why?

I'm bored.

hahaha I hate that this is so true, my chores though are done in a much more timely mannor these days!

Old 03-13-2012, 05:14 PM   #27
shots01

Lord

[email protected] wrote:

Yes time to move to something else.  A long post of me about this issue got quickly erased by the censors.

Soe is in denial.

We warned them, we asked mecanics to be fixed, classes to be reviewed and finally we gave up.

My post was mentionning too that i sued to have 100 friends on, now in the best case i have 5.

I will probably move to silver after a month or two raiding still a bit. Anyway those raids are not even fun and we will soon miss the roaster to do it.

I wonder when the decision to let the game rot was taken.

Bye bye.

Sorry, I don't agree that the game is rotting or any such thing.  We.. does NOT include me...

Old 03-13-2012, 05:17 PM   #28
shots01

Lord

Ruut Li wrote:

spot on.

Who cares if the devs are talking or not?  What is the big deal?  Why the need to know every little thing that SOE is planning or thinking of planning?  I just play the freakin game.  I don't care if the devs post or not.

Lack of content?  There is more than enough for me to do.  There is so much I have never even seen and I have been playing this game for over 6 years.

Old 03-13-2012, 05:18 PM   #29
Chronus1

Loremaster

I play on freeport too, sure it isn't dead yet but it sure is dieing. Maybe not in solo content and 1-9 (is it possible for solo content to die as long as you log in?) but heroic grouping is slowing down again, slrs are on the up and raiding isn't exactly prospering.

Old 03-13-2012, 05:18 PM   #30
shots01

Lord

People over in DDO forums do the same thing to Turbine.

Doom and gloom.  What is wrong with just playing the game?  I'm not tired of it.  As stated, there is so much I have never seen and will take me forever to see it all.