EQ2 Forum Archive @ EQ2Wire

Go Back   EQ2 Forum Archive @ EQ2Wire > EverQuest II > Planes of Prophecy Beta > Class Discussion
Members List Search Mark Forums Read

Notices

Old 11-03-2017, 09:41 PM   #91
Nero

That just not how the current game mechanics work, and it kind of sounds like you are used to that set up from a different MMO maybe?

What you are describing would not work for the following reasons:

1. Would we have an HP bar for every ward? you'd be at close to 10 HP bars if thats the case.
2. You shouldn't be "waiting" to heal someone. Yes, you're gonna end up overhealing but just have you stuff rolling all the time. In very rare circumstances do you have time to cast an actual heal to get someone back to full HP, rather than casting something else that would be a better option.
3. The current game mechanics with BT just wouldn't make sense with what you are describing... you always have wards basically, but you would also always take damage.
4. Detriments, and certain other types of focus damage go straight through wards.... so you couldnt rely on them anyways.
Old 11-03-2017, 09:42 PM   #92
Nero

Are you having a hard time healing solo content?
Old 11-03-2017, 09:52 PM   #93
Clintsat

Opposite so far as I can now spec for a single target ward. No bleed through makes it pretty easy.
Old 11-03-2017, 11:01 PM   #94
Sudedor

Old 11-04-2017, 02:26 AM   #95
Vunder

Im not a druid so my buffs stack with everyone. Druids add over 1 billion to my pet which makes healing AFK mode almost.
Vunder is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-04-2017, 04:05 AM   #96
duckster

Had to go check myself but the resists part on the group buffs still dont stack if channeler grouped with druid. The stamina bonus/hp/phy mit does however but if resists play any significant role like they did in one of the previous expansions, they need to fix that bug.
duckster is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-04-2017, 08:56 AM   #97
duckster

Have they fixed the group buff to stack with other leather healers? Used to not grant bonus if with another warden/fury.
duckster is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-04-2017, 11:15 AM   #98
Earar

from memory .. the resists are like what ? 4k ? 5k ?

they could just remove it .. we wouldn't even realise
Old 11-04-2017, 02:41 PM   #99
Earar

I will add something to all this healer issue

to me the most important --> it's not fun nor challenging anymore in most fights to heal.

I play warden ... and they are quite binary .. Full health or dead people .. not much in between. I have plenty of heals .. use 3 - 4 .. sometimes more when bored .. plus my procs. I sometimes don't even need to heal. Procs full heal too.

Being with another healer makes it worse .. coz our heals always happen last.

So even in many big heal heavy fights, all a druid can do is perma heal .. stack layers of heals and HoTs .. procs and stuff and hope the ticks will be close enough to keep everyone alive. Goal : Everybody need to stay max health

I have a defiler alt and played a bit with her. Not funnier sadly.
frustrating to have your wards up .. and still seeing people take damage. It nullifies the purpose of the ward. Also .. except for nightmare or maelstrom, no HoTs ... so defilers always need to react with heals (no preventions like HoTs and reactives). And so linked to the slow casting, u sometimes struggle. it feels strange. and though I already struggle with shamans, it doesn't make me want to play them more.
And defilers have a lot of heals linked to their wards, and have maelstrom/nightmare ... I wonder if on mystic it's worse ?

so healing became to me more frustrating than fun. And I'm not the only one thinking that.

and to me the worse part ... is as a warden ... and how heals work now and warden being a binary healer (has a lot of heals, lots of HoTs, compared to templar who has way more different ways to heal) ... if any can can heal as much as a warden, what does a warden bring to the table ?
Old 11-04-2017, 03:51 PM   #100
dirgenoobforreal

I dont understand why we have this class section. Theres not a single dev post in any of them? And the most talked about, healing, has gotten zero attention?
Old 11-04-2017, 05:38 PM   #101
Earar

because they are certainly struggling to find an answer to that healing dilema

more than dps class balance .. to me healing is where something really need to be done.

in a way boosting HP in KA (from 8 million when I started tanking in raid to now 60 million for some) was a way to make other priest viable .. but as says Mermut, it's something we healers have no control over, and if a guy doesn't want to get his health boosted .. then only shamans and inquisitors could keep that personn alive
Old 11-05-2017, 01:25 PM   #102
dirgenoobforreal

I would accept that excuse if this was a new thing. But its been a thing for several years now. One of their core mechanics, healing, has been broken for YEARS, and they still havent found a solution. Thats bad, not just bad, its horrible and the fact that they dont even acknowledge there are issues upsets me and should upset a lot more priests than it currently does.

The only thing I can come up with is that they just dont care and this is how they want healing to be.
Old 11-06-2017, 07:29 AM   #103
Duffy

I can only speak for myself of course, but it upset me too. Since a very long time now. I guessed it peaked during the dev AMA, when someone asked what they'd do for balance and against the one shots and Kander said "push buttons better". I mean, what can you say to that. They do an aks me anything and give that kind of answer. So I pull the only enjoyment out of EQ2 which is left for me (raids) and will jump ship as soon as there is something else on the radar. I get used to that priests will never be balanced again and that is that.
Duffy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-06-2017, 09:21 PM   #104
knine

The one shots quite frankly started happening when everyone complained they only needed shaman to raid and everyone else was useless and couldn't do anything. INSERT bleed through. Almost every healer has a ward.. ALMOST... This game started and each and everyone of us knew what to expect from healers.. WARDS prevent damage.. thus nothing was getting through until ward whittle down.. reactives healed as you were being hit, thus once wards wore off they kicked in if you were still getting hit...HOTs straighted healed and was wasted when were taking little to no damage and couldn't keep up with the heals.(insert HP boosts and druids were gods for TOV), Channelers came along with intercepts, which even comes before wards lol... Without saying it, they want you to put two healers in each group so everyone can feel needed again. 9/10 times you will hardly ever die with 2 heals in group or raid, unless someone is crazy with agro (insert summoners), but everyone only wants to bring 6 healers to the raid and blow stuff up as fast as possible and skip scripts, which panic scripts were put in place for, and everyone complained. Yes potency is crazy now. Find healers that DPS and you can match up. It's not what you're looking for, I know, but it does work. Will a billion parsing warden be realistic to replace a 3 billion parsing dps toon (just numbers, don't burn me down ), no however you may not reach those panic scripts as quickly, you may not die as quickly and multiple healers have uses then. The real problem is there are far more healers now that can't/won't learn how to dps and be that multitasking healer. They simply want to come heal/cure and even half the bad healers can't even get rezzes off lol, but that's even more of a fun story.

Bleed through is broken as it doesn't do set amount of bleed through as it's supposed to, but its here to stay for the long run, I do believe, so learn to multitask with other healers and find that great combination and learn how to make that healer DPS.

and yes, most people are ready to jump ship lol.. KA did that..
knine is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-06-2017, 11:21 PM   #105
Earar

a dps .; as healer is still boring

u have no real rotation or stack to maximize dps.
if 2 healers, always one who will feel useless. like druids yeah are great dps healers, got lots of procs to help the heal ... but healers want to heal. Or give healers better ways to dps ..; and to maximize their dps.

if a healer cannot heal .. he is bored. like fighters who don't tanks. sure u can dps ... but the dps rotation isn't exciting
Old 11-10-2017, 04:58 AM   #106
Jinkies

Channeler: Healing Barrage ward amount looks weak to the amount of dmg incoming and also vs overloaded intercept. 5 billion inc dmg, Overloaded intercepts 1/5. (1million). Truestpirit Defiance is 1/10, Healling Barrage is 1/10, Reprieve 1/10 (self ward). - Zone: Parts not Included. Yeah need a bit more of a increase. Though, it is much better it seems than last expanshion.
Old 11-14-2017, 08:51 AM   #107
Vunder

Bleedthrough on SIphoned Protection needs removed. The amount of bleedthrough is insane. My ward is landing for nearly 2 billion. Lasts 15 SECONDS!!! and heals for maybe 20 million damage.

Gave us a rune to make us use this spell, yet the spell is 100% worthless. It uses way to much dissonance (even with rune) doesn't last long enough and the bleedthrough on it is insane.
Vunder is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-15-2017, 04:04 PM   #108
Clintsat

Caith/Devs,
Below are some Fury AA that may need to be looked at.

Druid Tree
Hierophant Obfuscation - Effect says it applies to level 110 hostile effects, however most mobs will be over level 110. Will this do anything?

Fury Tree
Enhance Porcupine - The heal component added is like 100-200hp. This is meaningless with current HP level and incoming damage.

Animal Form - Provides almost zero actual power gain in fights where there is a power drain. Given that this is the only way ability that Furies have to boost power and has the side effect of not allowing beneficial spells...can the power gain be boosted?

Heroic
Natural Presence - the power reduction to heal spells doesn't actually help you cast heals during power drains as the drains tick too fast. You either have mana to cast a spell or you don't (regardless of the individual spell mana cost). It would be much better if it added a small power regen to defensive/heal stance.

Protective Instinct - Ward caps at 1/3 of the Druids HP. This made sense when it was introduced as incoming hits were lower but faster. Now that incoming damage is much larger and spaced out...can we consider capping this at 50-100% of the Druid's HP?

Thank you for your consideration.
Old 11-15-2017, 06:30 PM   #109
Mermut

Especially with bleedthrough, a ward that is 1/3 max health is effectively 1/6 max health (with 50% bleedthrough).. that makes it mostly worthless..
Mermut is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-15-2017, 06:53 PM   #110
Earar

and it's only a 10 second ward.
As said a channeler here with his 15 sec ward + bleedthrough .. a lot is wasted anyway

at last if it stays small, maybe it's not wasted Wink
Old 11-15-2017, 09:03 PM   #111
Clintsat

1/3 of max health is pretty low, regardless of bleedthrough or duration. I'd argue the short duration is good support that an increase in size will not be game breaking.
Old 11-16-2017, 02:09 PM   #112
Clintsat

Additional Fury AA that no longer add value/work:

Enhance: Brambles - The reuse time reduction does nothing at max reuse.

Enhance: Feral Tenacity - The reuse time reduction does nothing at max reuse.

Enhance: Thunderbolt - The casting speed and reuse speed reductions do nothing at max casting speed and reuse.

Enhance Starnova - The casting speed and reuse speed reductions do nothing at max casting speed and reuse.

Enhance Ring of Fire - Only affects reuse speed and does nothing at max reuse.

There are others in the Fury tree that affect reuse/cast speed but at least they have alternative effects that are decent.
Old 11-17-2017, 07:14 PM   #113
Adoninilol

Heirophant - Always been useless, just put max points in run speed and grasp and call it a way.

Porcupine - Always been pretty bad, doubtful it will get fixed.

Animal Form - Also gives max hp, so you can do things like put it on a summoners pet and get higher soulburns.

Protective - Not useless, its ALWAYS only been about timing specific aoes. In DoV druids thought it was useless and then drunder hit and unless it was up the trauma aoes would one shot mage groups. It's always been a crutch for large hits and will stay that way.
Old 11-18-2017, 08:43 AM   #114
Clintsat

Protective Instinct isn't useless but it's ability to protect against one shot is limited because damage scaling has out paced hp.
Old 11-18-2017, 11:53 PM   #115
Earar

question about epic 2 spells.

So my warden spell buff gives me a fae pet. The pet levels up with me. But I cannot use faery ally anymore.

now, wondering, Will my fae pet be stronger if I get my spell faery ally master ?
Old 11-19-2017, 07:22 PM   #116
Earar

the warden sandstorm mastery on the warden prestige tree doesn't work.

I took the sandstorm mastery but not the blinding sands mastery. Don't know if it's linked.

but the reset effect doesn't even show on tooltip
Old 11-20-2017, 05:18 AM   #117
knine

Divine Light got the nerf stick I hear? Didn't copy my Templar over lol.
knine is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-20-2017, 11:35 PM   #118
quisling

Never mind.
quisling is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-21-2017, 07:46 AM   #119
Earar

they changed Hierophant - now it's DR elemental + physical
Old 11-21-2017, 05:16 PM   #120
Earar

or maybe it's because of the rune.

please make both stack ! thanks .. or change one of them ...